Netflix | Release Date (Streaming): January 9, 2019
2.2
Generally unfavorable reviews based on 5 Ratings
Watch Now
KrakadonJun 10, 2019
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I can't believe how terrible these movies were. I was so excited when this trilogy was announced. The first movie was ok, the second and third were shockingly terrible. How can you make a movie featuring Godzilla so bad? Firstly, barely feature him. Second, have him move like a glacier and not do anything. Third, fill your movie with endless techno-babble and pseudo-philisophical ramblings. Look it barely worked when the Matrix did it and these movies are no Matrix. Forth, ret-con your big villain into a set of floating heads that Godzilla can't touch. I mean, WTF? Who ever made this trash should be banned from the franchise. I will literally never watch these movies again, and I'll even rewatch the one with Jet-Jaguar. Total poo-poo. Expand
evilfrogJan 12, 2019
A slow and boring end to a slow and boring trillogy. The three movies could have been condensed into one. It has a lot of boring sections where nothing happens.
SwinbeatzJan 10, 2019
The trilogy started off strong with an intriguing plot, good direction, and generally enjoyable action sequences; the second installment brought us a slower pace and some questionable plot direction, with action sequences a little action; andThe trilogy started off strong with an intriguing plot, good direction, and generally enjoyable action sequences; the second installment brought us a slower pace and some questionable plot direction, with action sequences a little action; and this movie contributed absolutely nothing whatsoever in terms of enjoyment.

Other than being painfully boring the entire movie, the plot, in general, seems to have been written in one sitting with no read-throughs, revision or thought. I honestly cannot fathom some of the decisions which were made in terms of the direction of the story. This final installment made the last two movies feel like they amounted to nothing, and although having a vague and rather questionable moral as a whole; left a very unfulfilling conclusion.

The characters were already the weakest point in this trilogy, and this movie was no improvement.

I would write about the action sequences... if there were any.

The first film had me hyped for the next two installments however all that I can say is that I am in a wallowing pit of disappointment.