Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer (MGM) | Release Date: August 23, 1991
No score yet
Watch Now
Buy on
DawdlingPoetNov 27, 2021
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The supposedly futuristic look of this film made me smirk a bit, given the film dates from 1991, its likely unsurprisingly to hear that it seems rather dated but thats not to say its not a good watch anyway. Some scenes all but reek of the corporate yuppie culture of the time it was released in. The film has a kind of dystopian feel to it - not that everything depicted in this futuristic society is awful but there's definitely a depressing, grim undertone to it, put it that way. The music played in the background has a sombre tone to it as well.

One of the main characters has an accent that made it sound like they'd been lifted right out of a Western. The bad guys looked a bit like characters from The Matrix films, wearing body covering black leather/plastic garb.

I found myself feeling a little lost in terms of plot intricacies but the action scenes aren't badly done and its a somewhat entertaining watch and the final few scenes were surprisingly engrossing, so overall I'd say this is worth a watch if it interests you, even though its a bit dated and grim.