STX Entertainment | Release Date: September 13, 2019
6.1
Generally favorable reviews based on 252 Ratings
Watch Now
shermySep 15, 2019
Strippers rolling drunks (or drugsed). More male appeal than when alley rats do it. No Lopez, no movie.
MillieMaNov 6, 2019
Boring, Jlo is just playing herself. Confused as to why this has so much critical acclaim.
boristeskerNov 27, 2019
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Absolutely disgusting and appaling. Not surprising though that hollywood would glorify such horrendous behavior. Expand
AirfizzerSep 28, 2019
Sooooooooo bad. Wannabe Molly’s Game mixed with some mafia up and coming make money make moves spend money on more and more material stuff. Wow. So predictable. So repetitive. Screenplay is rail thin. Can get this whole story in one article.Sooooooooo bad. Wannabe Molly’s Game mixed with some mafia up and coming make money make moves spend money on more and more material stuff. Wow. So predictable. So repetitive. Screenplay is rail thin. Can get this whole story in one article. Nothing to really uncover and discover. Directing is so so. Jennifer Lopez did look insanely hot for her age and pulled off the role. Only because me too movement and female empowerment did this movie get the reviews it did. Nobody wants to look at the quality just stay in the safe zone. Sad but true . Expand
MargateBuffSep 22, 2019
Wow. This movie is so bad that even walking out on it was somehow unsatisfying. It left me wanting to do something more -- like warning people, even those I don't particularly like, not to waste their money on it. Critics who had anythingWow. This movie is so bad that even walking out on it was somehow unsatisfying. It left me wanting to do something more -- like warning people, even those I don't particularly like, not to waste their money on it. Critics who had anything good to say about it should be barred from the profession, and moviegoers who liked it should not be allowed to bring children into the world. One critic called this Jennifer Lopez' best performance in years. That's like saying Showgirls was Elizabeth Berkley at her best. How bad does a film have to be before you walk out on it even though there are a lot of hot, busty women in short skirts? See this film and you'll find out. It is beneath contempt. Expand
DingramSep 23, 2019
Just more rampant misandry, that's why you're seeing such positive reviews from Hollywood critics. If you liked the Ghostbusters reboot, you'll love this movie! "Women scamming men good and funny, men scamming women bad and offensive" is theJust more rampant misandry, that's why you're seeing such positive reviews from Hollywood critics. If you liked the Ghostbusters reboot, you'll love this movie! "Women scamming men good and funny, men scamming women bad and offensive" is the central theme here. It's something of an autobiography for Cardi B and other thots. Expand
ManPCOct 18, 2019
This is wrong people praising things like this as female empowerment. The show is meh, the acting horrible and writing sucks real bad and unrelatable characters(although it is the point). A 2 for me at best
Mauro_LanariNov 18, 2019
(Mauro Lanari)
(Mauro Lanari)
Ugly, cretinous, horrendous: it upsets that the super-rich Wall Street brokers can lose their heads behind strippers, lap and pole dancers even deficient of the minimum charm of a high-profile call girl. The comparisons with both the "Magic Mike" diptych and the themed films by Stone, Scorsese and McKay are superfluous. Whoever undergoes the spell of a J. Lo should decide if he has more urgency than an andrological or psychiatric visit.
emros14Sep 21, 2019
Just a long J Lo ego trip, and very predictable story line. We left before it finished as we had had some paint to watch dry at home.
SoulshockerSep 23, 2019
Just liked the conned people in the movie, I too was conned by the glowing reviews. The first 20min were fun, then the movie became unwatchable. Avoid at all costs, terrible screenplay, and you have NO ONE to root for in this mess.
JbwAllenSep 13, 2019
Yikes. Terrible film. Feminist hogwash. Terrible cast. Terrible acting. What the hell was this ?
off3nc3Dec 7, 2019
This movie can't hold a candle to the Magic Mike's movies , it's absolute trash , no story , no climax , just pole dancers and bad writting. This happens when you hire all female staff and try to milk the sex workers real life stories. AVOID
Judali07Sep 21, 2019
It was more of a Netflix movie! Yes, JLO did her thing dancing on that pole, but I was disappointed paying $14 to see it.
EConOCSep 14, 2019
Awful. Boring. Avoid. Awful. Boring. Avoid. Awful. Boring. Avoid. Awful. Boring. Avoid.
KdkdkxoxSep 14, 2019
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Ужасный фильм, не советую никому. Ожидания конечно не оправдались, не тратье время Expand
GreatMartinSep 17, 2019
Many years ago, when I was a kid, I use to dream of Chita Rivera and Rita Moreno doing a cabaret show together but now that I am a big kid I think of a cabaret show starring Jennifer Lopez and Beyonce Knowles. Where does all this come from?Many years ago, when I was a kid, I use to dream of Chita Rivera and Rita Moreno doing a cabaret show together but now that I am a big kid I think of a cabaret show starring Jennifer Lopez and Beyonce Knowles. Where does all this come from? Watching "Hustlers" I thought of Lopez making a big splash in the movies when she starred opposite George Clooney in "Out of Sight" and Beyonce doing the same when she co-starred in the movie "Dreamgirls" and neither did any more movies worthwhile.

Chita became a star playing Anita in "West Side Story" on Broadway and Rita won an Oscar for the same role in the movies. Chita would remain a big and much loved star on Broadway for the next 60 years while Rita became a star on television.

In any case, thinking about the 4 women was a diversion from looking at a movie that, while certainly glorifying a woman's body, shows smart women 'taking' dumb rich men. It sort of looks like in spite of all having sad backgrounds, most being uneducated, what choice did women have except for pleasuring men whether stripping or giving them lap dancers while other men took most of the money they made.

This all takes place before the 2008 recession when men threw money around as if it wasn't theirs and in most cases it wasn't but then that recession came along and the women team up together to fleece the wealthy clients they still have, making thousands of dollars knowing the men are either married or would be too humiliated to report them to the police or still had enough money not to worry about.

After Lopez's fantastic entrance doing a pole dance I lost interest in the rest of the movie possibly because the story of rich men being taken is so common place in South Florida that it seems to be in the paper and on television at least once a month if not once a week.

The performances, by Lopez especially, are all good while the direction by Lorene Scafaria keeps the movie going but her screenplay, based on a 2015 magazine story by Jessica Pressler, gets tiresome very quickly.

"Hustlers" is getting good reviews including talk about Lopez getting an Oscar nomination but I would rather see a 'duel' between her and Knowles or, even better, between Moreno and Rivera!
QuadrapoleDec 21, 2019
Movie teaches bad morals.

Movie is full of sjw, capitalism is bad, wall Street is bad stereotype and that drugging people and robbing them is equivalent to being a broker that facilitates the greed of investors.
fredphoeshApr 15, 2020
Boring, badly scripted, mediocre acting. Lopez isn't an actress, she has no subtlety. This is a sexist, exploitative movie which relies heavily on gratuitious views of women selling themselves, over and over again, to try be interesting. TheBoring, badly scripted, mediocre acting. Lopez isn't an actress, she has no subtlety. This is a sexist, exploitative movie which relies heavily on gratuitious views of women selling themselves, over and over again, to try be interesting. The script lacks tension, and lacks empathy largely due to poor writing and bad timing. There is nothing either fuanny or entertaining about this movie. I had to turn off after one hour. I am absolutely amazed this rubbish movie gets 79 percent on the critic reviews. What??? Expand
DeivakuinJan 13, 2020
Lo poco rescatable de la película es Cardi B, sinceramente. Aunque podemos notar que JLo al no tener más éxito en la música ha mejorado considerablemente su nivel de actuación.
jjoselodFeb 24, 2020
La película es una completa estupidez, tropa de prostitutas ridículas, encima todas son feas.
iamdeivaJan 13, 2020
La película es buena, las actuaciones de Miss Lo y Cardi podríamos decir que sin lo más rescatable.
missdeivaJan 13, 2020
Oh no, Miss Lo, has mejorado considerablemente tu actuación, eso es destacable.
RedlyfeSep 6, 2020
it was sooo bad...how could anyone like it?? It had potential at start then just gets sooo boring. They have the Nana in it for scenes that are useless.