Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures | Release Date: May 3, 2013
Generally favorable reviews based on 2447 Ratings
1,489
Watch Now
hgtrainer74May 4, 2013
I have to say that this movie was a disappointment overall. Mandarin aside, which comic junkies will kill this film for, this movie just wasn't Ironman. Yes, there are a ton of Ironman suits, but Tony Stark spends more time being James BondI have to say that this movie was a disappointment overall. Mandarin aside, which comic junkies will kill this film for, this movie just wasn't Ironman. Yes, there are a ton of Ironman suits, but Tony Stark spends more time being James Bond than Ironman. The emotions and stress that Stark is dealing with is interesting, and the subtle references to The Avengers is good, but other than that, this movie had no real depth at all. The motives for the bad guys is not really evident, nor is the explanation of the extremis virus. One minute you have a glowing man turning into a bomb and the next you have 10 glowing guys who breathe fire and regenerate except when killed?!?!?!?! All the Ironman suits were cool but how they get to that point is pretty pointless. It was an ok movie, and probably better than the second one, but was more of a money grab than a great film. Expand
Heimskringla91May 10, 2013
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A lot didn't seem to click with this movie, as with the previous Iron Man films. The villains are always so underdeveloped or underused to the point of asking, who is Iron Man fighting? After ruining Whiplash who was perfectly cast, they completely ruined Mandarin. I'm not a huge comic buff but I know enough to realize it was done poorly. That doesn't make the review though, the movie as a movie just wasn't good regardless. The run time of two hours and fifteen minutes felt like four hours and thirty minutes. There were a lot of parts that just didn't seem to matter. Additionally, there was a lot of screen time of Iron Man not being Iron Man. Where Tony Stark would sneak around like beloved secret agent 007 but I felt it really didn't fit the character. Especially since it didn't make any sense as later in the film we discover he had fifty Iron Man suits waiting under his house. Instead he decides to fix up the 42 and fight the baddies in human skin. The reason I disliked him being out of the suit is because we know he isn't trained like Batman/Bruce Wayne, Iron Man is the suit. On the topic of things not mattering, Mandarin attacking Iron Man's home. We all know he has a huge ego and endangered those he loved but of course being a super hero movie, nothing significant happened. We see that suits are blowing up but later in the film Jarvis commands like fifty more that are unharmed. The hero of the movie is Jarvis, his AI Jeeves. And this begs the question, if those suits were dormant underneath his house, why didn't he just call upon them while he was stranded in Tennessee? I guess there wouldn't be a movie then, right?
As far as the humor goes, I definitely found myself laughing at parts which was nice but it also took away from the overall weight and depth the movie might have been going for. Instead of trying to save a president who is dangling high above ground or his girlfriend from evil clutches, jokes are being made about being shot at, etc. Thankfully though, all the bad guys suffer from stormtrooper syndrome. So Iron Man, basically Jarvis though, can save the day woo hoo! In the matter of Pepper, her purpose was to be injected and dropped into the fire so that she could live the drop and the fire haha. Saw that one coming but seriously, I hated that. I guess I just want a movie where a bad guy doesn't keep the hero's GF around as a trophy or doesn't give a long speech about how they're the best and just shoots them. Anyway, I'm a bit upset I spent a whopping $25 for two tickets to a movie my girlfriend and I were just begging to be over so we could go about our merry way. For whatever reason, I thought this would be different from Iron Man 2 but I don't know why I thought that. If you look at it with total disregard for comic canon, reality (i know it's a super hero movie), and sense; it can be kind of fun. Definitely a rent in the future and not worthy of the shelf!
DavePennerMay 4, 2013
My heart is successfully broken. Waiting to see it at midnight at the El Capitan, I watched with anticipation as director Shane Black took the stage to introduce, joking about the silliness of the Fantastic Four films. I now see the irony.My heart is successfully broken. Waiting to see it at midnight at the El Capitan, I watched with anticipation as director Shane Black took the stage to introduce, joking about the silliness of the Fantastic Four films. I now see the irony. Did they spray excrement all over The Mandarin? Yes, but that pales in comparison to everything else wrong with this film. Huge plot holes, failed character motivation/development, and just downright bizarre and/or silly pointless choices are all factors. Worst yet, it also somehow manages to nullify the very theme of the previous movies. I'm not sure how the future of the Marvel Cinematic Universe would ever recover from this slaughtering of tonal continuity.

One word comes to mind: Why??? It's as if Shane Black decided to insert Iron Man characters into an old 90's action thriller comedy script he happened to have lying around, throwing in silly, plastic dumbed-down "bad guys" from G.I. Joe and Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance. So many of the characters are pointless or have terribly weak, if any motivation for behaving like they do. Even the magical bravado of RDJ couldn't save it, and that's saying a lot. Of course there are funny and clever bits and some slick and cool action, but when a film has all that and loyal fans are still sitting there not caring or invested at all whatsoever, it's a problem. In any case, Black clearly doesn't get it, and apparently no one saw fit to help him out.

I suppose it's possible you could enjoy it if you are able to look past all these flaws and can watch it absolutely out of context from the comics, the other Iron Man movies, and entire Marvel/Avengers franchise. If not...it's painful. Needless to say, I walked away with nothing to think but "What the hell did I just watch?" "Was this FOX's interpretation of Iron Man?" "Whedon, WHERE WERE YOU??" Unfortunately, we now know nothing is truly safe, not even in the hands of Marvel Studios themselves. It really is a shame. Feige and the Marvel gang have a lot of explaining to do.
MerwanorMay 3, 2013
This is a big disappointment, they totally ruined a beloved villain and a big slap in the face of fans. The movie has lots of issues, like why can the extremis infused bad guys damage Iron Man so easily, while Thor had issues with it... He isThis is a big disappointment, they totally ruined a beloved villain and a big slap in the face of fans. The movie has lots of issues, like why can the extremis infused bad guys damage Iron Man so easily, while Thor had issues with it... He is the god of thunder! And the action is mostly just Tony Stark messing about, some of it is good, but what we really want to see is Iron Man in action, and not remote controlled.
Even the best action scene in the movie is not done by Tony Stark as the Iron Man, it is done by Pepper.... There are some good parts, the story is more personal and there is a kid in it that is not annoying for ones. There is lots of humor, even the worst part of the movie is still funny and the special effects are good. I did sit through the whole movie, but it is the first Marvel movie I doubt I would want to watch again, as there is nothing really re watchable about it.
bryantfiMay 3, 2013
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A slap to the fans of Comic books in general. The Mandarin was the joker of the Iron man world. Instead we get trevor and all he did to Iron man was offered him some beer. Expand
JohnMcMay 4, 2013
I've never felt so cheated after watching that trailer. I realise that a trailer is not an abridged version of a film, but when I seen the trailer to Iron Man 3 it set a certain expectation for the Mandarin, for Tony Stark but it totallyI've never felt so cheated after watching that trailer. I realise that a trailer is not an abridged version of a film, but when I seen the trailer to Iron Man 3 it set a certain expectation for the Mandarin, for Tony Stark but it totally does not deliver at all, and to be completely honest I almost walked out at the end such was the ridiculous finale. When I got home I watched the trailer again and it;s like it was made for a different film.

If this is our first look at Phase 2 I'm concerned. Iron Man 3 shows franchise fatigue, it felt stretched, rushed, basically like a Brett Ratner film. Expect something more like Rush Hour than an Iron Man film.

Credit to Marvel for at least trying to concentrate on Tony Stark's inner demons, the problem for me was how the film presents that. Instead of intertwining the action and human (Stark inner demon) elements into a finely crafted whole film it is more like each element is fighting for screen time, at odds with each other. There is another problem with the parts where Tony is trying to get over his experience in New York (Avengers), Robert Downey Jr has so many wise cracks and laughs the serious bits come off as funny, and not in a good way. I think these problems are less about RDJ's acting and more with how Marvel has marketed Iron Man from the first film; as family friendly entertainment, not the darker exploration of an alcoholic come hero from the comics (but hey they can always reboot right?).

Now on to what they did with the Mandarin, I have no idea how they got Marvel to sign off on making one of Iron Man's greatest villains into a joke. I read that the Mandrin is to Iron Man what the Joker is to Batman, but after watching this you would never know that. I've never witnessed such a disregard for a property and disrespect than what Marvel has done to this character and fans about what Fox does to X-Men? This is on another level of insult lol

A sorry excuse for a super hero movie, more an action comedy (Lethal Weapon, Rush Hour etc).
boredthorMay 3, 2013
So Shane Black you hate comic-fans so much? Well... we hate you in return. Thanks for ruining our beloved hero with such an ease. I hope Marvel will never turn an eye on you. God damn it, Black. We are disappointed.
J-P-MMay 3, 2013
This is what i love about america... so many people hate our country but love our movies, music, and video games. Well this movie is gold, i loved it from start to finish. it is true that the mandarin isn't like the comic book one but in theThis is what i love about america... so many people hate our country but love our movies, music, and video games. Well this movie is gold, i loved it from start to finish. it is true that the mandarin isn't like the comic book one but in the dark knight rises bane isnt either so yeah shut up! please see this amazing movie this weekend so it proves that iron man is the hero and king of the american box office Expand
arthur-lMay 3, 2013
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. So first of all, I want to say that I loved this movie, but I do get the hate on it, for it's controversial plottwist.
But there are some reasons why some fanboys shoud NOT be so angry about it;
- first of all, the fake mandarin was set up, to not set up a racist stereotype and more of like a fun character.
- aldrich killian revealed that he was the real mandarin, he even had some dragontattoos across his chest.
- a big part of the fanbase was angry at Tony throwing his arc reactor away at the end, but Tony states that he is still Iron Man and he picks up one of the extremis holders, which will likely mean that he will build an extremis suit, powered by repulsor technology (which has also been confirmed as the new energysource for the suits.) and this will set up a suit that will allow Tony to go into space with it, and this will probably set up the bridge between guardians of the galaxy and avengers 2.

so for me this was a very good movie, and I think they've done a great job with expanding the MCU even further
KrunkTXJun 15, 2013
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I'm pretty easy to please, and tend to like movies most others don't like, and movies most people do like. This was not one of those movies. They completely ruined the Mandarin, and the fact that Ben Kingsley was a complete hoax aside what was originally portrayed in the trailers reinforces the total disapointment that is Iron Man 3. They shouldn't have cast Ben Kingsley and his version of the "fake" Mandarin all together, and just ran with the burning orange bio-energy wielding Guy Pearce as the Mandarin instead. It would have had a cooler, less misdirecting feel with a better movie adaptation of a super villain.

The other, just as much if not more of a let down what how WEAK Iron Man was portrayed as in this movie. I know it's a typical comic book adaptation movie, where the hero deals with a new situation, gets the crap beat out of him/her, comes back and wins/saves the day/world. The whole movie Iron Man and Stark were like a joke, going through suits like toilet paper and getting crushed like tin cans. This is the SAME HERO that took on an ALIEN ARMY and a NORSE GOD, yet some freak science experiments are able to crush his suit like it's nothing?? This was all very underwhelming for what, in my opinion, wasn't even close to what an Iron Man movie should be like.

I hope he is better portrayed in the Avengers too, and my apologies to those who actually liked the movie, as I'm just stating my personal opinion in this review.
MovieGowerJun 14, 2013
Complete garbage of a movie. This is a movie in which hollywood completely is milking the franchise and is just literally a set up movie for the avengers. No real thought into the main villain while destroying the mandarin which prettyComplete garbage of a movie. This is a movie in which hollywood completely is milking the franchise and is just literally a set up movie for the avengers. No real thought into the main villain while destroying the mandarin which pretty much ruined this movie for me. I get the spin on mandarin but he is essential to the Ironman series, making a mockery out of him was a big no-no for an Ironman fan. The only reason why I didn't give it a zero is because of the suits and rdj. ALL IN ALL I'D RATHER WATCH PAINT DRY ON A WALL FOR 2 HOURS Expand
BIG-DongJun 21, 2013
Unfocused in its purpose, plot, and characters, Iron Man 3 is ultimately a disappointment. Perhaps its only highlight was the action and explosions, typical of most action blockbusters. It does get credit for framing the tale in a manner thatUnfocused in its purpose, plot, and characters, Iron Man 3 is ultimately a disappointment. Perhaps its only highlight was the action and explosions, typical of most action blockbusters. It does get credit for framing the tale in a manner that explores Tony Stark's issues in balancing his superhero persona and normality. Otherwise, the jokes are stale and the characters one-dimensional. Neither the villain (The Mandarin) nor Tony Stark seem to have a legitimate motivation or back-story to make the conflict legitimate. In the end, it becomes apparent the movie was made only to make money. Expand
Cloudlv9Jun 29, 2013
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Ten Reasons Iron Man 3 was an absolute disappointment. Ranked in no particular order.

1) No AC/DC

2) Replaced Tony's Alcholism with Anxiety Disorder

3) Mandarin was fake and was completely misleading in the trailer

4) Apparently the suits no require a "charge" rather than pulling energy from the ark

5) Tony destroys all his suit because his grilfriend says so...

6) Kills Iron Man, Tony removes the ark and scrapnel from his chest, that apparently could not be done in IM 1 or 2, even though the entire second movie was about the ark poisoning him...

7) Extremis Goons could apparently more easily destroy Iron Man armor than the god of Thunder

8) Should have been called "Tony Stark 1 I can't do anything I use to do and barely where my suit."

9) 70's Spy Movie Montage for Credits

10) Bruce Banner unknowingly making commentary on the terrible movie by falling asleep to Tony'y retelling of it.

This movie is a terrible conclusion to one of the best franchises. Just don't see it.
AaronDWassermanJun 26, 2015
Not such a great movie but not a bad one. The movie is full of plot holes and just confusing moments in the script. The banter between Downey and Ty is so fresh it almost makes it worth it.
DarkCriticMay 5, 2013
Iron Man 3 is the beginning of the new summer blockbuster movie with Marvel fans are participating for the new sequel. The first Iron Man was the original classic superhero movie, the second one did alright, but even though the moviegoersIron Man 3 is the beginning of the new summer blockbuster movie with Marvel fans are participating for the new sequel. The first Iron Man was the original classic superhero movie, the second one did alright, but even though the moviegoers didn't appreciate the sequel, and of course third one was okay. The story takes place where Iron Man/Tony Stark fights over Mandarin to assassinate the president with his reinforce baddies. Robert Downey Jr. returns as Tony Stark known as Iron Man is planning to make a new magnetize costume to suit it up, but overall he needs to spend time with his girlfriend (Gwyneth Paltrow) in the holidays. The two main villains are Mandarin (Ben Kingsley) and Aldrich Killian (Guy Pearce) are making an evil plan to kill Iron Man and to kill the president, but not Mandarin its Killian. The action scenes are spectacular and the effects are well done, but the only two good parts in this movie was Iron Man saves the passengers from the sky and Iron Man faces Killian at the docks with full of Iron suits. I would say that Shane Black did very well with the action scenes and the effects are good, but overall the movie wasn't that spectacular like most other Iron Man movies or even classic The Avengers. My main problem is that characters are a little bit too much, the lines are off charted, and sometimes it’s okay to check out the action scenes. It just difference between Stark with his girlfriend, Stark get complain with the little boy, Stark didn't realize that his old girlfriend works with Killian, or even the villain like Mandarin was a goof ball pretending a bad guy and just a fraud actor, but it needs to rewrite the lines and the story needs to take it seriously. Iron Man 3 was okay, but not is much. Thumb Down. Expand
SmartacusMay 14, 2013
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I was pretty disappointed in the movie.

The whole Tony Stark inner turmoil thing really didn't ring true for me. I get the whole dwelling on "aliens really exist" thing, but it didn't really work IMHO. As well the use of the Mandarin really was disappointing. He could have been a really good evil character. Ben Kingsley could have absolutely nailed it if left to make the character his own.

As it was it was an OK movie. Watch it if you like the superhero genre, if not its not that interesting.
Mando44646Nov 19, 2013
Mediocre at best, especially when seen as a follow-up to Avengers. Other than constantly mentioning the events in NY, this movie consistently ignores the existence of everything else in the MCU. Where is SHIELD when AIM is posing a massiveMediocre at best, especially when seen as a follow-up to Avengers. Other than constantly mentioning the events in NY, this movie consistently ignores the existence of everything else in the MCU. Where is SHIELD when AIM is posing a massive terrorist threat to the world with Extremis and other programs? Why didnt Stark call SHIELD or anyone else, like Cap, for help during the movie?

And it drags on and on in the middle as Tony spends faaar too much time outside the suit. I didnt mind the plot twist with the villain though the ending was completely moronic. There was no reason to destroy all of his suits when he's just gonna rebuild them for Avengers 2.
MoviebuffreviewJun 14, 2013
Iron Man 3 has amazing effects and fine performances, but the story is what drags it down. It starts off well, testing Tony in ways the audience hasn't seen anymore, but quick fixes to the plot make these elements cliched and underdeveloped.Iron Man 3 has amazing effects and fine performances, but the story is what drags it down. It starts off well, testing Tony in ways the audience hasn't seen anymore, but quick fixes to the plot make these elements cliched and underdeveloped. The twist with the villain also ruined the movie, especially because Guy Pearce was not a good replacement for the Manderin. All in all, Iron Man fails to deliver anything worth watching, which is unfortunate after the success of phase 1 of Avengers filmed. Highly disappointed. Expand
OnAnarchyMay 9, 2013
I'll put it as bluntly and as simply as I can; It's not what you expect. The jokes come off strained and poorly written, and the story leaves a lot to be desired. Still, the visuals are amazing, and so is the music (although the lack ofI'll put it as bluntly and as simply as I can; It's not what you expect. The jokes come off strained and poorly written, and the story leaves a lot to be desired. Still, the visuals are amazing, and so is the music (although the lack of AC/DC was somewhat disappointing). Expand
SybeliusMay 8, 2013
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Disappointing. After viewing this movie twice, just to be sure about my feelings about one of the best Marvel super Heroes that have been brought to the cinema screen, I can surely say that the third episode of Iron Man 3 is really a huge disappointment. The story has been presented in a "jumpy" and poorly believable way. Tony stark opts for revenge only after the Mandarin has hurt a friend of his, while other previous victims of that terrorist are simply unimportant. Many scenes are missing a direct link with each other: in a scene Stark is driving a car in a cold mountain road, while in the next scene he's in Miami trying to infiltrate in a hardly believable (home made weapons made with Christmas decorations and gadgetry! Holy crap!) way the place where the Mandarin is hiding, thousands of miles away from the place of the previous scene. And the huge surprise of the mandarin himself being an old actor addicted to drugs playing only a role just to cover the real identity of who is pulling his strings... yes it is a surprise, but not a good one. Even if I'm not personally so linked to the Iron Man comic's true story. To be clear: the Mandarin is simply a joke! A sad joke. I have to add an interesting consideration: the original Iron Man 3 without cuts should have been a solid 3h 15m movie! Here is the site telling the surprising fact:
Maybe, with those scenes the movie would have been better, not so discontinuous and jumpy!
The real villain of the movie, acted by Guy Pearce, is not very convincing: he looks more like a malfunctioning version of the Human Torch in Fantastic 4. And the female character played by Rebecca Hall changes her mind too easily just after a brief talk with Tony Stark.
Finally, the various Iron Man suits look very weak and vulnerable to the enemies superpowers. In the previous movies the suits looked more resistant to the enemies strikes.
To complete my personal review, I must say that the movie is not that bad, but is really not what it should have been.
ZillmerianMay 6, 2013
While some of the action scenes were quite spectacular, and up there with some of the biggest action films of recent years, the film overall felt very shallow and wayward and lacked any kind of real soul behind the fancy shots. Robert DowneyWhile some of the action scenes were quite spectacular, and up there with some of the biggest action films of recent years, the film overall felt very shallow and wayward and lacked any kind of real soul behind the fancy shots. Robert Downey Jr played a more vunerable Iron Man this time, which was a nice change, and Ben Kingsley pulled up a fantastic character double in The Mandarin. Guy Pearce as well, was fairly entertaining, but begun to tread heavily in the cliched towards the end. The plot holes run thick throughout, and I never really felt any concern for any character throughout the film this time. A really disappointing outcome, for what was otherwise a decent comic book series. Expand
charlie_westMay 17, 2013
The problem with Iron Man 3 is that it missed countless opportunities to great, and is no where near as engaging as some of the recent superhero flicks, but its still an entertaining summer blockbuster with some excellent set pieces. But beThe problem with Iron Man 3 is that it missed countless opportunities to great, and is no where near as engaging as some of the recent superhero flicks, but its still an entertaining summer blockbuster with some excellent set pieces. But be prepared, you will be disappointed. Expand
Prodigy2013May 29, 2013
I saw Iron Man 3 last night, and first of all; it’s really disappointing to see a film series that started out so strongly reach to the unenviable level of mild entertainment, if even so. "A piping hot mess", as Tony Stark would put it. TheI saw Iron Man 3 last night, and first of all; it’s really disappointing to see a film series that started out so strongly reach to the unenviable level of mild entertainment, if even so. "A piping hot mess", as Tony Stark would put it. The tonal shifts, absurd plotting and the sheer level of disrespect for the source material (for all the geeks who care) made this summer blockbuster a piping hot mess, indeed. Our new director on board is Shane Black and I must admit he did pretty good job in the way of characterizations in the first half of this flick. Tony's post traumatic stress disorder, from the events of 'The Avengers', was developing well. But, as the second half rolled in, things drastically change from being a character-centric event to a bloated non-stop action fest, which, mind you, wasn't even creatively staged. There seems to be a belief that more plot equals better story, but that bombardment of ineffective plot twists only regressed the story at hand. Being so focused on surprising the audience, I don’t think the writers were ever fully capable of telling a solid story and polishing the muddy motives of our paper thin villain. And I can’t leave here without mentioning those perennial bursts of “humor” which only functioned to pull the audience out of key dramatic moments. Overall the movie relied so heavily on build up but ultimately undid itself in several ways. This really showed how hollow this shiny hunk of metal really was. Expand
greygooseMay 22, 2013
Another movie that wants to be The Dark Knight. Only it abandons that after awhile, and starts trying to be its own thing, which I can respect. These kinds of movies can use some more twists and surprises, which Shane Black delivers.Another movie that wants to be The Dark Knight. Only it abandons that after awhile, and starts trying to be its own thing, which I can respect. These kinds of movies can use some more twists and surprises, which Shane Black delivers. Unfortunately, while it's funny in several places it's just not enough fun.
I wouldn't call myself a Black Sabbath or an AC/DC fan, but there was something pretty great about Robert Downey flying around to it previously that doesn't happen in the third film.

No, the third film wants to be serious. Except it doesn't. You can't have it all.
userisamonkeySep 23, 2013
The film was pretty much predictable. You would really know what will happen in the coming seconds or the next scene. I hate predictable movies. And pretty disappointed by the Mandarin to be a total bum. Could've been a badass villain.The film was pretty much predictable. You would really know what will happen in the coming seconds or the next scene. I hate predictable movies. And pretty disappointed by the Mandarin to be a total bum. Could've been a badass villain.

Film contains too much action, no real emotions or anything.
hbrodSep 26, 2013
Iron Man 3 was colossal: a colossal disappointment. I was squirming in my seat from the idiotic script and terrible direction. This fil practically ruins the francise and degrades the product. Jon Favreau did a wonderful job directing IronIron Man 3 was colossal: a colossal disappointment. I was squirming in my seat from the idiotic script and terrible direction. This fil practically ruins the francise and degrades the product. Jon Favreau did a wonderful job directing Iron Man 1 and 2, if it ain't broke, don't fix it! Do us a favor: keep Shane Black far away from these properties! He alters Tony Stark's personality with this pointless anxiety quirck. The FX was stupid and seemed to be thrown in to patch the poorly written and conceived script. The Mandarin character could have neen developed into something great in the hands of a capable writer and director: instead it is willfully forgettable. Awful, awful awful from every perspective that made Iron Man 1 and 2 so great. I am sorry for the great talent in this film which was mismanaged. I wish I could have previewed it and not bought the blu ray, which I thankfully got at a big release discount, but I think anything over $2.99 for. The blu ray is a rip off. Expand
KinBladezOct 3, 2013
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. As a movie watcher, I enjoyed Iron Man 3. It is action packed, it's pretty, RDJ as Iron Man/Tony Stark is as always one of the best casting decisions for any comic book adaptation ever.

But as a fan of the comic books, I feel disgusted and betrayed. The Mandarin, and Extremis- two of the best things to ever happen in the Iron Man universe- aren't even shadows of what they were in the comics. They're completely unrelated to their comic book source material, in fact. Ugh. I held off watching the movie, avoided seeing it in theaters, because I knew the Mandarin couldn't be handled properly in our politically correct world, and I disliked Ben Kingsley as the Mandarin. Even though the trailer seemed to imply he'd be imposing and bring to the role his usual mastery.

The trailer was an outright lie. This movie took THE Iron Man villain, and made him a fraud. It showed the ten rings, for all of a second, and they turned out to be props. So awful. So disgusted, I want not just my money back, I want my time back. The Mandarin was one of Iron Man's most formidable enemies, and this movie made him a fake, played by "a stage actor" who's got a British accent and a recreational drug problem. REALLY?!?!

And Extremis. Let's talk about Extremis, one of my all time favorite story arcs and I have literally read almost all of them. This movie was written by someone who'd heard the word and thought it was a good idea. Aside from the fact that Extremis is unstable and can aid regeneration, nothing from the original masterpiece storyline remains. So if you watched Iron Man 3 looking forward to seeing the Mandarin's ten rings and the suit of armor Tony built into himself, you're out of luck.

Despite the fact that those two things are what the words "Mandarin" and "Extremis" promise.

This is by far the worst mainstream comic book adaptation. I wanted to love it. I really did. If they had called the Mandarin literally ANYTHING else, it would not have altered the storyline one iota, and yet they had to use "Mandarin"? WHY?! Same goes for Extremis, for that matter. If the serum had been called it would not have altered the storyline one iota.

It's like Shane Black and the other mongoloids who are responsible for this storyline WANTED to piss off fans. It's like they specifically made these choices in the writing of this film to piss on the greatest Iron Man villain and one of the greatest Iron Man storylines of 50 YEARS of the character's history.

While writing this review I have gotten even more angry than I was already, and the score dropped from a 5 to a 0, because the more I think about it, the more I realize that there is no reason for this shameless butchering of canon. Pathetic attempt to sell a comic book movie by someone who has no love and no concern for the comic book. Bottom line if you're looking to enjoy an action movie with Iron man, watch Iron Man or Iron Man 2 or the Avengers. Don't give Shane Black a dime of your money, and don't waste your time. I could pick apart why this movie doesn't deserve a solid rating, but the real reason boils down to the fact that the movie's creators pissed on their fans so thoroughly and shamelessly.
Livid_CarrionOct 12, 2013
Unfortunately I am in the group of people who really wasn't a fan of this film, I went into it with the buzz of the avengers still going months down the line and it was all going quite well at the start, that was until about half way throughUnfortunately I am in the group of people who really wasn't a fan of this film, I went into it with the buzz of the avengers still going months down the line and it was all going quite well at the start, that was until about half way through the movie. I wont spoil anything, but it was disappointing for me, and I'm not even a fan of the comics. It feels to me like the film was written be to many different people with conflicting ideas, and was a product of that. I still have high hopes for the Marvel Cinematic Universe, but this and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. looks like the beginning of the end for me as a fan of this series. Expand
SamuelBlakeOct 18, 2013
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Never before have I felt so cheated by a movie like Iron Man 3. The film is a colossal failure in my books and could arguably be my worst superhero movie of all time; that doesn't mean to say it isn't good in some parts.

SPOILERS

The first act itself is a great piece of cinema and gave what the trailer promised; easily the best part of the movie. It showed a much more stellar and well paced point in the movie that I myself actually applauded at, especially the scene where the helicopters blow up the house; but even the first act had flaws. For example, WHY DID HE GIVE THE MANDARIN HIS HOME ADDRESS??!! or how about WHY DOESN'T HE ACTIVATE THE 40 OTHER IRON MAN SUITS THAT ARE IN HIS BASEMENT WHEN THE HOUSE IS BEING ATTACKED??!! GOD!!!! But I digress, the first act was fantastic and really stood out to me promising more as the film went on.

And then it started to deteriorate with the second act, and who do I blame for this? That god damn kid! He had no other involvement in the second act other than to anger me to my boiling point! I know that Shane Black probably wanted a more child atmosphere to it but you didn't have to make him that annoying. All he does is piss Tony off, causes him an anxiety attack and then gets captured....WHAT?! This kid was one of the major hiccups in the film.

However, the biggest hiccup was the Mandarin himself; yeah you all knew I'd mention this. The Mandarin was the biggest and best feature about the trailers that were shown, he looked menacing, he looked frightening! This to me screamed: MOVIE OF THE YEAR! Sure his alien rings were gone but he still became a threat in the story and you could sense his presence. And then you get to his mansion and you meet him and......who the f*ck is this? The Mandarin was a phony! He was an actor! BEN KINGSLEY WAS PLAYING HIMSELF IN THIS MOVIE!!!!! WHAT THE HELL, SHANE BLACK???!!! This made me infuriated that if my girlfriend wasn't with me at the time, I WOULD HAVE LEFT THE THEATER!!! What was he thinking, did he just wake up one day and say: "I don't care about The Mandarin now, let's make him into A GOD DAMN JOKE!!" For me this is what ruined the movie for me, it was just so ridiculous and so insulting to any comic book fan who had detailed knowledge of the character.

And speaking of insults, the ending is just ridiculous. To sum it up in short words: Killian is the "Mandarin", Pepper kills Killian, Tony explodes all the Iron Man suits and gets the shrapnel out of his heart claiming he is a "changed man". That is the worst ending ever....THIS MOVIE SUCKS!!!

To sum it up in one word I would say "MESS", it is downright insulting to the comics, it's characters are bland at most points, it's development is pathetic and I hate it. The only good points that deserve the 2 points go to 2 separate things.
1. The acting is spot on and Robert Downey Jr nails it as Stark much like he has done in the past films. There is not one actor who is off in this film and that is fantastic to see.
And 2. The first act is mind blowing, it's what the trailers showed and that's what made me gravitate towards the film at first, even if it has flaws now and again. Truly great cinematography.

But is this film worth watching? I'd say yes, it's still an Iron Man movie and every movie with Iron Man in is usually a blast to sit through. It doesn't save it from my experience but maybe you'll find something better in that steaming pile of dog sh*t.

Pros:
+Acting is great
+Downey Jr nails it
+First act of movie is amazing!

Cons:
-THE MANDARIN TWIST
-Act 2 and 3
-Insulting and badly paced as the movie went on

VERDICT
joao1198pedroOct 16, 2013
it is the biggest disappointment of a movie superheroes marvel,I can even have a little fun but still they do not take the film too seriously,too bad for marvel
titowayneNov 29, 2013
That movie so bad, not only the choice of Mandarin, but the whole movie is a mess, is ridiculous and stupid moments with silly humor unfunny. This between 5 Worst Movies of 2013.
wayne92Dec 8, 2013
Lousy god, humorously goofy child. Slowly destroying the movie goes and turns in the show Tony Stark. Well this movie is extremely bad, rubbish and certainly the worst of the 3.
leonardarkFeb 1, 2014
La película para mi es una completa mierda, para retrasados mentales, una basura. La verdad no se como hay gente que le gusta, todo porque tiene esa ilusión de no romper un sueño, como la película fue tan esperada,porque sacarle mierdas,La película para mi es una completa mierda, para retrasados mentales, una basura. La verdad no se como hay gente que le gusta, todo porque tiene esa ilusión de no romper un sueño, como la película fue tan esperada,porque sacarle mierdas, porque sacarle defectos, es asombroso lo mala que es esta película. Expand
jlittle1404Jan 7, 2015
The villain of the story the Mandarin was disappointing and as far as superhero movies go this is in my top 5 biggest let downs. He was trying to fix his Iron Man suit more than he was in it. I give this a miserable 4 out of 10
LinttaFlamingoApr 23, 2018
Consistent inconsistency.

Consistent inconsistency.

Iron Man 3 starts out alright with a fun scene of Tony Stark trying his new version of the suit. It's entertaining and laid back, but then this film decides to go for a darker tone and it does not work. At all. The main villain is boring and terribly acted and for some reason this other bad guy also gets a surprising amount of screen time, and he was even more atrocious. Those characters had absolutely nothing. I did not care. There's the Mandarin guy who I liked, but he's barely in the film.

This film is a weird mix of action that's sometimes fun and sometimes absolutely ridiculous and headache inducing, scenes of the Mandarin threatening people on TV or Tony Stark doing something actually kind of fun with this one kid character and later Iron Maning. But it's all very inconsistent. I never felt that invested in anything because the quality of the scenes was so unstable. Some scenes were fun and looked good, and some scenes especially in the end looked absolutely awful.

The characters are also inconsistent. Tony Stark is cool, Jarvis is funny and War Machine was alright. But then there's Pepper who's just a bait for the whole movie and the kid character Harley who ends up being somewhat pointless even though he and Tony Stark together was fun to watch. And the villain, like mentioned earlier, was some serious drivel.

This thing is so inconsistent. There's fun stuff every now and then but it's always followed by something stupid.
tamcwlmmMay 1, 2018
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The hype to see the Mandarin on the big screen was totally over because of the twist Ben Kingsley (The Mandarin), was just a drunk, British stage actor that worked for the real Mandarin, a guy who gets very hot and can melt things with his hands. It was very underwelming, the villain was not as powerfull as intended. The Chemistry between RDJ and the little kid is very good, I liked it. When Pepper, with the hot-making stuff in her, fell in that fire, I didn't feel anything, because it's just a side character and not so well-established. The trailer was beter than the film itself. Expand
GrantD243Sep 24, 2018
Iron Man 3 takes the character of Tony Stark in a new, more personal direction, but it continues the Marvel tradition of having a weak villain, and even weaker finale.
SpartanEdgeNov 20, 2016
Terrible film, i was expecting something so much better. There is so much wrong with this film that i'd be here for ages if i were to write it all down..
deanparkrMay 5, 2013
Iron Man 3 was a decent movie but lacking in a lot of places. The villains were odd with unusual humour, wasn't very keen on the lacklustre mandarin plot.
KimomarudotcomMay 13, 2013
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Not as good as The Avengers. The villain is weird, it's hard to put in words but he feels out of place. The high points in IM3 are pretty high, but the lows are pretty low and "weird". Why is Tony Stark running around with a gun at the end of the movie? How did Pepper Pots just get "cured"? What's with his anxiety attacks exactly? It's his third movie fighting bad guys and other assorted crazies, but his encounter with aliens in the Avengers messed him up? Just feels contrived and weird. I like Guy Pierce, but this villain doesn't work, and they should stop doing "greedy" bad guys in IM films. Not a bad movie, but could have been a heck of a lot better, especially after The Avengers showed everybody how it should be done. There's no excuse any more after Whedon's awesome hero flick. If you've got nothing to do, this movie's okay to fill in some time, otherwise I can't even recommend it as a rental when there are so many other good movies out there. Expand
quincytheodoreMay 7, 2013
While clearly having its usual charismatic flair, Iron Man 3 doesn't succeed in all its attempt for Stark's solo career after The Avengers. It is however, entertaining enough to warrant audience's time with slightly darker tone and wittyWhile clearly having its usual charismatic flair, Iron Man 3 doesn't succeed in all its attempt for Stark's solo career after The Avengers. It is however, entertaining enough to warrant audience's time with slightly darker tone and witty humor. Robert Downey, Jr has melt into the character so well, it's nigh impossible to imagine someone else portray Tony Stark. There are few memorable scenes aside from your usual humdrum explosions and they manage to differentiate the movie from its predecessor, but this also goes with awkward plot holes.

Recurring characters, such as Don Cheadle as Rhodes and Gwyneth Paltrow as Pepper are so comfortable with their roles, it creates natural on-screen relationships with Tony Stark. This time Pepper has a lot more screen presence as she breaks out from her babysitter cocoon, and quiet frankly has her most substantial role in the franchise thus far. Ben Kingsley as Mandarin is somewhat over-the-top, borderline corny. I suppose they want it to be a surprise, but It could be perceive as shallow and demeaning to an already established character.

Guy Pearce as Aldrich Killian is vague, he provides better challenge than previous nemeses, but his motivation is superficial. It's utterly hard to imagine that a supervillain would arise from such trivial excuse. Script has its moments, mostly in accidental parental relationship between Stark and Harley, a kid who becomes temporary side-kick for Stark. I understand the need to humanize Stark, in short; taking the suit for some parts of the movie or make him deal with psychological repercussion of his actions, and mostly, it delivers.

Graphically, it suffices in rather predictable ways. The addition of 3D doesn't add much though, I have a harrowing feeling that there's cumbersome muddy visual all over the otherwise crisp effects. On top of that, there's not enough depth perception to fully utilize the 3D, I strongly urge to see the normal version instead. Action involves plenty of missiles, bullets and cannons being fired, as expected. There's admittedly clever gimmick for the suits usage, so it does break from simple combat.

Between the fast paced screen transition, there are some plot holes which may be convenient for the movie in the expense of giving any plausible explanation. Given the fresh changes, Iron Man 3 is a flawed movie, but one which isn't sorely lacking in entertainment value.
SmitMay 7, 2013
It's hard not to like Robert Downey Jr and he was entertaining, but Iron Man 3 was quite predictable. His attempt at having panic attacks was very prosaic. Didn't really like Gwyneth Paltrow. she's too stiff. Don Cheadle as Tony's comedicIt's hard not to like Robert Downey Jr and he was entertaining, but Iron Man 3 was quite predictable. His attempt at having panic attacks was very prosaic. Didn't really like Gwyneth Paltrow. she's too stiff. Don Cheadle as Tony's comedic foil was great as was Ty Simpkins. The action was good, but nothing special. Cheadle and Downey make the movie worth seeing. Also, don't waste the $3 for 3D. Expand
Apoc15Nov 2, 2013
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Ironman 2 was an entertaining movie that failed to live up to its predecessor. Ironman 3 is a slap to the face. Most of the movie chronicles the adventures of Tony Stark, who has set aside his intellect and technological mastery in favor of idiocy and laughable ineptness. What was once an invincible piece of machinery becomes a joke, continuously malfunctioning, and being destroyed by anything that touches it. But that's just the parts where Stark is actually IN a suit. For most of the movie, typically for no good reason, Tony Stark is running around with a handgun. This is like watching a spiderman movie where he only shoots web in one scene. Or a Superman movie where he doesn't fly. The "amazing plot twist" was easy to see coming, and left us with a villain who is entirely bland. Pepper Potts steals the show by beinf better at using Ironman's armor than Ironman himself. The president is caged up in War Machine's armor for reasons never revealed. And Tonys decides the best way to fight a man made of magma is a fistfight. Its not until pepper gets the suit that she decides to fire a missle and easily defeat the big bad guy. Are you kidding me? Expand
catcarloMay 14, 2013
La cosa migliore la sequenza dei titoli, posta in conclusione, costruita con immagini provenienti da tutti e tre gli episodi della serie e montate a ritmo adrenalinico secondo uno stile da telefilm anni Settanta, il tutto accompagnato dallaLa cosa migliore la sequenza dei titoli, posta in conclusione, costruita con immagini provenienti da tutti e tre gli episodi della serie e montate a ritmo adrenalinico secondo uno stile da telefilm anni Settanta, il tutto accompagnato dalla roboante colonna sonora di Brian Tyler. Con un nuovo regista e sceneggiatore mentre il vecchio, Jon Favreau, si tenuto il piccolo ruolo di Happy Hogan, il terzo capitolo dedicato a Iron Man (ma io sono all’esordio, per me ‘Iron man’ la canzone dei Black Sabbath) stato pensato e costruito come un blockbuster e il suo mestiere lo fa bene, seppur non andando troppo per il sottile: due ore filate in cui l’azione a fare la parte del leone, con solo qualche momento qua e là per riuscire a tirare il fiato. Si confermano le tendenze dei film di supereroi degli ultimi tempi: il protagonista tende ormai alla mezza età e comincia a essere stanco (anche perché soffre di attacchi di panico lascito della lotta contro gli alieni di ‘The avengers’) ma finisce per trovarsi a lottare basandosi più che altro sulle proprie forze e la propria intelligenza perché gli aggeggi di cui si circonda fanno cilecca più del dovuto. Se vero che Tony Stark meno problematico di alcuni suoi colleghi, ha più di loro il dono dell’ironia, grazie anche alla capacità di sdrammatizzare di Downey jr. che riesce a funzionare pure quando ripreso in primo piano all’interno di una delle sue armature (specie quando intrappolato nella non proprio perfetta Mk42). Attorno a lui, tutto il cast dà l’impressione di divertirsi parecchio: Paltrow ha ammesso in un’intervista che lavorare in una pellicola del genere rilassa, mentre Ben Kingsley sfrutta alla perfezione la parte del Mandarino, in cui può gigioneggiare in libertà, tifare per il Liverpool e ammiccare, nella sua ultima scena, a ‘Viale del tramonto’. La sceneggiatura non si fa certo mancare le citazioni, anche se qualcuna si perde nel doppiaggio, ma ha il pregio di tenere un buon ritmo sapendo distribuire tocchi di commedia: l’importante non domandarsi come possano succedere così tante cose in così poco tempo (a parte un prologo, tutta la storia si svolge a Natale) per non parlare di una successione dei fatti che non si preoccupa sempre di avere una logica e di uno sviluppo che non concretizza tutte le premesse. Niente da dire, invece, sugli effetti speciali, che per una volta non sono curati dalla Industrial Light & Magic: notevoli anche se tirate un po’ per le lunghe (il prezzo da pagare alle copie in 3D?) sono sia la distruzione della villa di Stark, sia il gran finale nel porto, in cui, seppure a fatica, infine defunge il cattivone di turno Guy Pearce comincia ad essere abbonato ai ruoli di villain. Nelle sequenze conclusive c’è un tirare le fila di tutti i personaggi, con quello principale che pare decidersi a ripensare la propria esistenza con annesso rapporto di coppia: non essendo Bruce Wayne, però, finirà per ritornare, come difatti scritto dopo gli interminabili titoli di coda. Il rullo sembra davvero infinito, ma vale la pena aspettare che scorra non solo per leggere la promessa di una nuova puntata, ma anche per vedere la breve scena che conclude il tutto con un ultimo sorriso Expand
MuuvinkiJun 29, 2013
Very boring movie and with almost no good fighting scenes or action at all. Beats the second movie at least but that is all there is to say about this.
JamesCannonAug 11, 2014
This ranks up there with one of the worst comic book adaptations I have ever seen. Id rather watch some of marvel's early failures like Daredevil and even the fantastic four series than this garbage. Pretty much it all hinges on wether youThis ranks up there with one of the worst comic book adaptations I have ever seen. Id rather watch some of marvel's early failures like Daredevil and even the fantastic four series than this garbage. Pretty much it all hinges on wether you think it was funny that an Iron Man staple villian is used as a big punchline on punking the audience. This comes in Marvels ineptude of creating good villians, something that I feel most DC movies have a one up on them. I felt like walking out of this one as I waiting for some great scenes with a great actor playing an interesting villian, instead you are treated to is a monty python type comedy sketch that goes on way to long. The rest of the movie didnt really matter to me cause I start to not take any of it seriously. Expand
Niymiae-not-ngiSep 5, 2013
Boring action, terrible screenplay. Another Disney/Marvel movie aimed at milking the audience money.
This is not a movie by a long shot but some product made just to be watchable enough so people pay money.
Happy that I did not see that

Happy that I did not see that at theatres and I downloaded it by torrent. This movie absolutely did not deserve any money. I give it a 3/10 and not 1/10 because "some" Tony Starks lines were funny, because "Blue" of Eiffel 65 at start.
sanyrubSep 23, 2013
My review could be biased since Iron Man has never been an appealing super hero to me. None of the movies have impressed me and this last one which closes the trilogy did not either. Strong points are the action sequences and visual effectsMy review could be biased since Iron Man has never been an appealing super hero to me. None of the movies have impressed me and this last one which closes the trilogy did not either. Strong points are the action sequences and visual effects and some comical scenes Iron man movies have offered in the whole trilogy. but apart from that there´s not more to it. The 3 of them are very simple movies when it comes to the script, there´s no heart in the characters, the love interest is totally bland, no strong villains and I could go on. I did not mind the Mandarin surprise, that is not the reason why this movie is average. And no amount of hype, budged and big box office success can change that. So many comic book movies superior to this out there. Expand
ExKingNov 15, 2013
so yeah, this one was terrible, it seems as if they shot each scene alone and forgot that all the scene are going to come together at the end and should make sense
and the movie start off very lame as RWJ as the narrator who have no idea
and the movie start off very lame as RWJ as the narrator who have no idea what to say relying on his ego
and then he made a joke 5 seconds after his girlfriend just fall off 2000 feet and should be dead ?
and you have a terrible performance from Guy Pearce who apparently can't Starr in a good movie recently,
and the director trying so hard to bring himself on the screen in pointless scenes who add nothing to major all clusterfu**
just stop this series already.
sammieteeOct 6, 2013
I was sadly disappointed by Iron Man 3. Maybe because I was expecting too much out of it. I didn't get as much Tony sass I as hoped for. I just felt like it was missing something along the way. I did still enjoy Iron Man 3. I liked how itI was sadly disappointed by Iron Man 3. Maybe because I was expecting too much out of it. I didn't get as much Tony sass I as hoped for. I just felt like it was missing something along the way. I did still enjoy Iron Man 3. I liked how it tied back to The Avengers. I could have been much better, but it still could have been worse. Expand
Nkond39May 21, 2013
There is a problem that exists with casting big hollywood stars to play masked superheroes, and the more of the hero's face is covered with mask, the more pronounced that problem becomes. Big hollywood stars want their face on the screen.There is a problem that exists with casting big hollywood stars to play masked superheroes, and the more of the hero's face is covered with mask, the more pronounced that problem becomes. Big hollywood stars want their face on the screen. Close-ups preferably. Compare two "Judge Dredd" movies. The one from 1995 with Stallone and the recent one with Karl Urban. The comic book Judge Dredd never removes his helmet, but it was not good for Stallone, cause he is such a big star or whatever. So in 1995 movie most of the movie Dredd is seen not just without his helmet but without his uniform at all. Karl Urban. on the other hand is not such a big star (yet?) so he stayed true to the source and spent the whole movie in the helmet.
Now lets look and those Iron Man Movies.When in the first movie we saw way more of Tony Stark than we did of Iron Man. It was kinda okay. After all we were watching the origin story so it was to be expected. The second movie was showing too much of Tony Stark and those "inside the helmet, holograms on the face" close-ups.. but we got to see War Machine and Downey Jr. is really a good actor so it was kinda okay.
But Iron Man 3.. oh man. they should've named it "Tony Stark 1" instead of "Iron Man 3". It is not about the "MAN inside the armor". Its "man inside THE ARMOR" what made Iron Man what it is today! We do not care about Tony Stark that much, come on! Even in the final confrontation most of the fight Stark is outside of the Iron Man armor. They even made those "inside the helmet" close ups when Stark is actually OUTSIDE the helmet... come on! What the hell is this about? This movie makes me wish for Downey Jr. contract NOT to be renewed and for the studio to cast someone less famous (that does not mean less talented, just dive into TV actors pool and you can find some gems there) who has no problems with gvivng more screen time to CGI Iron Man Armor and just providing the voice.
brando79azMay 6, 2013
Lots of explosions and other special effects! Also, some very funny "LOL" moments. This is a great movie for the eyes and the ears but plot holes, contradictions and absurdities negatively influenced my experience greatly.

Most the plot

Most the plot holes are spoilers so I will not elaborate. I will say the first two film were much more intelligent than this film. I completely agree with Orndorf's points about the film's disjointedness but I was surprised he skipped its many plot holes and contradictions.

Prior rules set by the first 2 movies (involving his chest wound, its relation to the armor and also how the armor functioned) were ignored and contradicted. Also, and perhaps only serious for comic book enthusiasts, the Mandorin's comic book mythos was almost completely ignored (He basically just looked like the Mandarin.)

Next, with a crazy movie premise (man in iron suit,) I was surprised no attempts were made to ground the movie's remainder in reality. IM3's intelligence was influenced by in-your-face and conveniently placed plot devices and ridiculous stunts performed by characters (not the magical ones) without care or injury. Also, character behaviors and actions, though funny and entertaining, were stupid and ridiculous. No forethought was placed on certain characters who were, magically, able to heat 3k degrees but stay clothed. This reminded me of Hulk and his ability to keep clothed. Finally, national security protocols, and awkward use of firearms were also hard to swallow... Ahhh! Some of the above examples were (admittedly) petty but still distracting.

The above greatly influenced my enjoyment, unlike the previous entries. Don't get me wrong, the first 2 movies required a suspension of disbelief as well, but with top-notch script, dialogue and direction I was able to suspend and enjoy.

Oh well. I will still buy the Blu to finish my collection.
guillepcosioMay 12, 2013
It is really fun and very enjoyable. The visual effect are very Well done but is a normal movie. The movie is not an spectacular movie but is really run to all family
tvalidationMay 13, 2013
German: Der Film ist wirklich gut gelungen. Leider bei weitem nicht so gut wie der erste Teil. Leider lohnt es sich NICHT den Film in 3D anzugucken, da die Effekte im besten Fall mittelmäßig sind.

Fazit: Für einen DVD-Abend auf der Couch

Fazit: Für einen DVD-Abend auf der Couch super aber geht für das Geld lieber in Star Trek (ist der viel bessere Actionfilm und nicht nur was für Trekies)
nippu33May 15, 2013
The return of Iron Man is always full of surprises with this new result was no different. With great visual effects that follow the same pattern as the previous films, action to stay toltamente dazzled and magnetic charisma of Tony StarkThe return of Iron Man is always full of surprises with this new result was no different. With great visual effects that follow the same pattern as the previous films, action to stay toltamente dazzled and magnetic charisma of Tony Stark complete the film. But in Quisito script the film was a bit weak compared to the others, if I had a script a bit more coherent film could be a more complete but was not Expand
callumjsouthDec 13, 2014
I find solace when I look back on the first Iron Man film. However the same cannot be said for Iron Man 3. It is slick and humorous as you'd expect, but the third instalment is too hung up on a serious threat and less so on the potential ofI find solace when I look back on the first Iron Man film. However the same cannot be said for Iron Man 3. It is slick and humorous as you'd expect, but the third instalment is too hung up on a serious threat and less so on the potential of the loveable protagonist. The first film saw progression in Tony Stark's character and the second introduced a villain of interest. The third finds it hard to add anything interesting to the franchise and that is the main issue. The story is far too cataclysmic for my liking and makes for a humble ending to the trilogy. Expand
BradGJun 5, 2013
Hands down worst movie Marvel has ever made...fire-breathing villains, plot holes, I could go on. They tricked people into thinking it was good through media manipulation and even worked over the critics in some of the sites...but as a fan ofHands down worst movie Marvel has ever made...fire-breathing villains, plot holes, I could go on. They tricked people into thinking it was good through media manipulation and even worked over the critics in some of the sites...but as a fan of movies with over a thousand movies ranging from Citizen Kane to Casablanca, I can tell you I usually give movies a fair chance...and this movie completely sucked!!! What's worse is they made the villain, who is supposedly an iconic enemy to iron man, a joke...they even removed the shrapnel that makes him iron man at the end (why they didn't do this two movies ago...oh yeah, cause he couldn't). All this was a total slap to any kind of genre or iron man fans, although they will try to cover the bs by calling it "artistic"...and to top it off, even the vice-president is in on the super-secret group, And the avengers or other superheroes never show up. Oh, and Tony Stark runs around the whole time trying to get a new suit (even has a boy sidekick who is able to repair space-age technology in his barn).

This movie was a complete joke and those who made it should apologize to the comic and movie fans!!!

What's more troubling is that so many people liked this pile of crap...guess the media still has the power to manipulate...I have good taste in movies, and this was tasteless. Pure junk and worst Marvel movie ever made!!!
CriticGuyJun 12, 2013
I walked in the theaters with very high expectations, me thinking it was gonna be as good as the dark knight rises. I was very wrong... from the trailer the movie had a much much darker and serious tone. Iron Man 3 had very unnecessary andI walked in the theaters with very high expectations, me thinking it was gonna be as good as the dark knight rises. I was very wrong... from the trailer the movie had a much much darker and serious tone. Iron Man 3 had very unnecessary and pointless "laughs" at sometimes.The big twist in the movie really disappointed, I thought Iron Man and the Mandarin were going to have an epic battle. The person (not saying who) who killed the actual villain made me laugh, seriously Tony Stark and his somewhat 43 suits couldn't defeat the villain!?? Wow.. This didn't really feel like an Iron Man movie. This movie felt like an action comedy movie. My dad was very disappointed as well. Overall I give it a 5 out of 10. Expand
jdadams01Jun 14, 2013
The weakest one of the three movies, in my opinion. Action movies, and superhero movies in particular, will always have plot holes, but this is often a mine field. Robert Downey Jr. seems tired of being Tony Stark, as well. The action is coolThe weakest one of the three movies, in my opinion. Action movies, and superhero movies in particular, will always have plot holes, but this is often a mine field. Robert Downey Jr. seems tired of being Tony Stark, as well. The action is cool and the graphics are great, but the thrill is missing a little compared to the other movies. The way everything is wrapped up at the end is quite lacking as well. I was entertained, but I feel there were many missed opportunities. Expand
kokokrisJun 15, 2013
Too rated, boring, low action scenes. Only good is Robert and special effects. This is the point when MARVEL have to stop with this franchise. Could be better with a reboot.
OdjaimeThalmoJun 15, 2013
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Hello! When I watch the 'Iron Man 3', was expecting to see a big order with big villains to begin with Mandarin could have been better presented, not shown as a bad comedian, moreover, the end left much to be desired, what happened to the romantic pair of Tony after the mutation suffered? What saves the film is the action scenes very well built. Expand
OrientCypress3Jan 14, 2018
Awful... Just don't know where to begin, the half baked plot, the horrible characters. Not worth it.
VastoLordeAug 20, 2013
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. IM3 was a jumbled mess that screwed canon like a in heat. The writers clearly had no idea what the hell they were doing, turning Iron Man's deadliest villian into a bubbling comic-relief (and turning Ben Kingsley from the best villian to the worst in one HORRID scene I might add), completely raped the Extremis plot and left it dead in a ditch, and ONCE AGAIN completely ignored War Machine for the vast majority of the film (a war crime in and of itself). This was a waste of time, money, and 2 hours of my life, and I personally want it back NOW! I don't much care how much money this film made, it was mostly seen by your general public (i.e. people who had no real idea what they were watching and more interested in a action flick than a real comic book film). A crime was committed here. Murder of a (before this abomination) great film series. R.I.P. Iron Man, you made Robert Downey Jr. a very rich man, and nothing more. I hope you are proud of yourself. just sayin.... Expand
GodReviewsNov 10, 2013
A fun but terrible, cliched, and action packed ride. The only part that saves this movie is Robert Downey Jr's acting and the action in the final scenes A ton of cliched parts and terrible acting potrayed, knew that I was watching a MarvelA fun but terrible, cliched, and action packed ride. The only part that saves this movie is Robert Downey Jr's acting and the action in the final scenes A ton of cliched parts and terrible acting potrayed, knew that I was watching a Marvel Mess. A disappointed since I went in from watching the Avengers which was an amazing action movie.
Overall, a lackluster action movie with terrible predicted scenes and terrible acting.
MarkDetrelSep 20, 2013
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Iron Man 3, the beginning of the Marvel Phase 2, and wow, the movie is extremely... disappointing. The story sounds great, but the problem is the development, is really terrible, all the movie has much comedy moments that are irritating (Disney? Maybe?), and yes, this problem comes from its predecesor "The Avengers", the 85% of the movie is comedy, the rest serious and pathetic moments. The cast is amazing, the problem is the poor evolution of the main characters in the 3 movies, much of the characters feel wasted, and finally the script, is really terrible, as I said previously the 85% of the movie is comedy. The only good of Iron Man 3 are the effects, are amazing, and the performance of Robert Downey Jr., the rest is terrible. Iron Man 3 is a big deception. Expand
rabtenSep 28, 2013
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. terrible with blaring mistakes. the scene where tony meets the boy in his garage for the first time, the boy quickly realizes who tony is, showing him a newspaper saying that the world thinks he is dead. at the end of that scene the boy asks who he is. anyway the movie sucked. 1 out of 10, the 1 goes to Kingsly Expand
Jpz38_HetzerNov 23, 2013
Meh. This movie started good, I wanted it to be good, but it wasn't. The first hour or so was really interesting, i liked Tony Starks panic attacks. Then, the second part..... They over did the humor and ruined the movie.
TheWaffleFeb 18, 2017
Marred by plenty of plot holes and inconsistencies. The villains have very weak motivation, with the implied arch-villain receiving less than 30 seconds of screen time. The editing takes you out of the movie at several points, and dramaticMarred by plenty of plot holes and inconsistencies. The villains have very weak motivation, with the implied arch-villain receiving less than 30 seconds of screen time. The editing takes you out of the movie at several points, and dramatic moments are given short-shrift. Expand
TheOtherGuyDec 21, 2013
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Winner of the least thought out film of 2013. Award for the most disappointing villains. From the directer of the Overrated Avengers comes this offensive sequel to the popular Iron Man films. In this film comes the Iron Man that you would never want to see. Im not even joking, the director takes the advantage of The avenger towards this film. Tony Stark was just sad all the way and towards the end you just have to close you're eyes. This not even Iron Man this is just Tony Stark. The special effects were just terrible and also used from the overrated Avengers. I just like to say that fans of Iron Man will not even or should i say should not even watch at all and just say the film never existed. For other people who want to watch a good film also do not watch this film if you have a brain or even a interest in a story of a film. Expand
MortimerJan 28, 2014
Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.) Is back after the events of The Avengers. This time he will fight with his arch enemy terrorist ringleader organizatsiiDesyat Rings Mandarin (Ben Kingsley) and the commander of the militants extremists "PeopleIron Man (Robert Downey Jr.) Is back after the events of The Avengers. This time he will fight with his arch enemy terrorist ringleader organizatsiiDesyat Rings Mandarin (Ben Kingsley) and the commander of the militants extremists "People bombs" Aldrich Killian (Guy Pearce).

Directed by Shane Black tried to lodge Iron Man, as The Dark Knight Rises Christopher Nolan, but the gloom at the moment forgotten more innings is not funny jokes. Robert Downey Jr. decides excellent role Stark. Almost the entire film, even in scenes Stark was without a suit.

But despite the great special effects, good cast and sometimes funny jokes in the film has a few flaws. Characters silly villain Aldrich Killian (Guy Pearce) and the template shows us a classic villain Mandarin (Ben Kingsley) was simple. Standard plot and characters are stupid and templates, as well as silly tantrums. Tony Stark does not change and is not adjusted for the film. He continues to behave stupidly. Iron Man 3 appears to us a typical adaptation of the comic book is not nothing remarkable film. I am very disappointed when watching Iron Man 3 .

Bottom line: the worst of the trilogy about the iron man. Rating C +
AaronWasserman2May 4, 2014
Iron man fans should feel cheated and so should audiences. The trailer made this movie look very adult and mature only to see the film and realize its the complete opposite. Its a very boring movie that takes characters and ruins them. SorryIron man fans should feel cheated and so should audiences. The trailer made this movie look very adult and mature only to see the film and realize its the complete opposite. Its a very boring movie that takes characters and ruins them. Sorry Tony, maybe your solo film days are done... Expand
HISHEhebJul 8, 2014
definitely worst movie ever, dont watch this piece of **** the only thing that was good in this movie was robert downey jr as tony stark/ this movie Destroyed Iron Man, The Mandarin, advanced idea mechanics. iron patriot
borderlinefilmsFeb 5, 2015
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Heavy Boots of Lead

As Tony Stark points out rather tellingly, "All nuance went out the window when the God with a hammer fell from the sky," or something to that effect. At least the writers and filmmakers knew they were going too far, pulling out all the stops, distracting us from the head- scratching plot by cramming Part Three with dizzying twists and out-of- nowhere characters and situations, all while flooding our senses with overcooked CGI and headache-inducing sound FX, and packing in so much smart-Alec dialogue that everyone started to sound like RD Jr.. Obligatory overkill.

"So you can breathe fire?" Cheadle asks the real Mandarin. Yes, but apparently only once. You get an all-you-can-stomach smorgasbord of one-of-everything. You're senses will be subdued--overwhelmed--it's impossible to be bored, you get your money's worth of manic sights and pounding sounds. So why is it ultimately so unsatisfying? Since when is way too much not enough? This is the cinematic equivalent to over- indulging in franchised junk food. CGI obesity. High carb thrills. They'll soon have to supply cinemas with vomit bags.

Still, I prefer Iron-Over-the-Top-Man better than Super-Off-the-Charts- Man. But I don't think anyone really knows how to pull off a well-rounded CGI-based movie yet. Well, there's always Avengers 2015 when Joss Whelon re-calibrates the signal-to-noise ratio, and hopefully restores some of the nuance needed to offset the onslaught of mindless action and sarcastic dialogue. Failing that, we can always hope for James Cameron's Aquaman.

"You can save only one, the President or Pepper Potts," Stark is informed. Wait! You're telling me they're not the same person? Nothing else was too ludicrous to pass up.
ChrisTaylor94Aug 8, 2014
My least favourite MCU Film. As usual the best aspect of this movie is Robert Downey Jr., he does and has always done a great job as Iron Man, but the film did not feel cohesive and often felt dull for the most part. This was a lot moreMy least favourite MCU Film. As usual the best aspect of this movie is Robert Downey Jr., he does and has always done a great job as Iron Man, but the film did not feel cohesive and often felt dull for the most part. This was a lot more character driven than previous films, which is by no means a problem but with the lack of underdeveloped villains, it really does not balance it out. Expand
MovieManiac83Apr 22, 2015
“When can we talk about the Avengers?” a preteen fanboy asks Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.), his world-famous, terrorist-thwarting idol. The man inside the armor would rather change the subject, as the mere mention of “New York” or “wormhole”“When can we talk about the Avengers?” a preteen fanboy asks Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.), his world-famous, terrorist-thwarting idol. The man inside the armor would rather change the subject, as the mere mention of “New York” or “wormhole” sends him spiraling into a panic attack. He’s haunted by the events of The Avengers, and so too is Iron Man 3, the first new Marvel movie released in the wake of that record-smashing hit. Joss Whedon’s crossover bonanza was designed to replenish the franchises that fed into it, goosing interest in the subsequent solo outings of its respective heroes. That’s a sound business model, but a backfiring entertainment strategy. Here, it’s hard not to wish Downey were sparring with his costumed comrades again, instead of trading barbs with the far-less-colorful cast members—old and new—of this busy, sporadically diverting sequel.

As in Jon Favreau’s dismal Iron Man 2, there’s no shortage of supporting characters hovering around the eponymous mogul-inventor. Although they share second billing, Gwyneth Paltrow (as love interest and business partner Pepper Potts) and Don Cheadle (as the government-sponsored War Machine, re-christened “Iron Patriot” for PR reasons) drift to the margins of the narrative. More prominent are the heavies, dragged in to test the mettle (and metal) of Downey’s saintly yet sardonic billionaire. In a plot turn that recalls the fallen-hero trajectory of The Dark Knight Rises, the minions of a bearded tyrant called the Mandarin (Ben Kingsley, whose hamminess serves a covert purpose) blow Stark’s mansion to smithereens. There’s also a scorned, rat-bastard scientist (Guy Pearce at his oiliest), and a posse of molten-skinned henchmen better suited to an X-Men movie.

New to the field of comic-book spectacles, writer-director Shane Black keeps all of this chaos churning at a breakneck pace. Hints of the filmmaker’s personality poke through the Marvel house style: The bookending narration is Kiss Kiss Bang Bang redux, and only the man who penned Lethal Weapon would think to include a passage in which Cheadle and a de-armored, gun-toting Downey bicker like buddy cops. Black’s most endearing experiment, though, is divorcing Iron Man of his iron. Never is the film livelier than when its hero, stranded in the boonies without access to his toys, has to rely on quick thinking and the kindness of strangers. (Amusing as always in the role, Downey seems to relish his time out of the suit.)

Less successful is the mandatory CGI mayhem, staged more confidently than in the Favreau films, but still borderline incoherent. In two hours and change, Black mounts only one truly spectacular setpiece: the annihilation of Air Force One, and the daring midair rescue of its plummeting passengers. Playful and awe-inspiring, the sequence also doubles as a metaphor for the way Iron Man 3, in its desperate attempts to please, frantically juggles so many characters and crowd-pleasing components. Whedon, a true believer in the medium, made that balancing act look easy. Pity it’ll be another two years, and at least that many interim single-hero installments, before he gets the gang back together.

Very Disappointing
waronassermanMay 2, 2015
Iron man, what have they done to you! this movie is garbage! the trailer looked so promising but the movie was such a joke! it was so boring from start to finish!
mthlacerdaMay 10, 2015
I don't like to spend my precious time writing reviews, but this movie sure needs one. It's a shame for a studio that was going so great make a shame like this. They screw most of Iron Man's iconic features, made a movie full of plot holesI don't like to spend my precious time writing reviews, but this movie sure needs one. It's a shame for a studio that was going so great make a shame like this. They screw most of Iron Man's iconic features, made a movie full of plot holes and they actually had everything to not do that. The movie just didn't get worse because the it has top action with excellent visual effects (Marvel never fails on that) and also got great actors (the villains and Downey Jr are on form). It is a deception Expand
coloradosnowmanMar 28, 2016
The worst entry in the Marvel universe. Marvel knew they were going to make a mountain of cash regardless of whatever was the end product, and Iron Man 3 is the result. After watching the trailer and hoping for an introduction to theThe worst entry in the Marvel universe. Marvel knew they were going to make a mountain of cash regardless of whatever was the end product, and Iron Man 3 is the result. After watching the trailer and hoping for an introduction to the Mandarin, audiences got the trolling of a lifetime. Joke's on us. Expand
Epik_NinnjaMay 23, 2015
The CGI on display here is top-notch and the action sequences are pretty crazy. Also, there's still that Iron Man flair to the film. Don't let the so-so reviews stop you form watching this movie but don't expect it to be as goos as the lastThe CGI on display here is top-notch and the action sequences are pretty crazy. Also, there's still that Iron Man flair to the film. Don't let the so-so reviews stop you form watching this movie but don't expect it to be as goos as the last two, because it's not. The writing just isn't as strong as it was in the previous Iron Man films but it's still good. Expand
Mauri15Aug 4, 2015
Espantosidad de pelicula de mierda....
.....................................................................................
nahtan1244Mar 9, 2016
A ok movie but marvel has done way better. Iron man 3 proves that marvel is not perfect. While a vast improvement over the second fim this movie delivers big on the action spectacle but falls short on expanding upon tony starks probelms.A ok movie but marvel has done way better. Iron man 3 proves that marvel is not perfect. While a vast improvement over the second fim this movie delivers big on the action spectacle but falls short on expanding upon tony starks probelms. While the mandarin was cool the plot twist was so poorly exacted. I know marvel is way better than this. As usual the guy who played the actual villain put on an incredibly uninspired performance. However iron man as i have mention before succeeds on the action front tony stark is great as iron man as always and gewneth paltrow is good as pepper potts. At the end of the day though Iron man 3 unfortunately falls short of marvels greatest films Expand
farzyy12Apr 11, 2016
Disappointing. After being very much excited for the film, it was a let-down.
As a whole, the film wasn't generally bad, not even close to being the worst. (Probably the worst Marvel Cinematic film though)
The first half was interesting
Disappointing. After being very much excited for the film, it was a let-down.

The first half was interesting enough to keep me reeled in, however the opening sequence already had me worried about what was going to happen. And I wasn't completely wrong either, it did pretty much ruin the entire character of the Mandarin as we ever knew him.

All that aside, it was great to see Tony suffering the events of The Avengers throughout the film, however it was all executed poorly. The humour felt very much out of place and majority of it just didn't belong in the film. When you are trying to show a character having PTSD, humour is probably not the best way to go about showing it.

Even though the Mandarin twist didn't surprise me all that much (more disappointing than surprising), it turned the character of Aldrich Killian to an average-type villain that just had no other motivation except that Tony ditched a meeting one night.

The fight sequences were enjoyable for the most-part. This film isn't bad, it's just average. Disappointing considering the talent involved.
HTGamerApr 24, 2018
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Iron Man 3 is a decent MCU movie. Everything is better than Iron Man 2 (but not as good as the 1st movie). The plot, the story, the characters, the humor. But in the end there is the ultimate sin regarding the Mandarin.

OK, Mandarin is maybe too fantastical for the MCU. So they first mock the character by making Ben Kingsley's character Trevor Slattery (a drug-addicted actor who needs money) pose as the Mandarin, a villain who doesn't actually exist. And then you have the movie's main villain Aldrich Killian admit he's the Mandarin. And later on there is a Marvel short movie where we are informed that the real Mandarin (who hasn't appeared in the MCU again) is angry at Trevor Slattery for impersonating him. Thas some f***ing mess.

Seriously though, the movie is good to watch, but the whole Mandarin mess drags the movie down into mediocrity.
Aaron_WassermanJun 1, 2016
Un exciting, dull, boring and a lackluster sequel. Total disappointment, mainly caused by the trailers which made this movie seem epic in scale when really it was the smallest of the 3.
MovieLover123Jul 17, 2016
This is the 7th movie into the MCU and still the writing is bad, the comedy is cheap and the villains are forgettable. Still these "critics" don't outright pan this piece of **** movies Kevin Feige vomits out?! What have we become as a specieThis is the 7th movie into the MCU and still the writing is bad, the comedy is cheap and the villains are forgettable. Still these "critics" don't outright pan this piece of **** movies Kevin Feige vomits out?! What have we become as a specie of supposedly intelligence when this piece of **** grosses a billion dollars worldwide, I guess one line comedy, a charismatic actor and appeal to the lowest common denominator equals box office gold. Done with the MCU until Black Panther in 2018. Expand
BeetchaAug 17, 2016
I am genuinely confused as to where the appeal lies in this film. Granted RDJ has his fans but isnt that schtick starting to wear very very thin now? The action finale to this movie is the most horrible thing I've seen in a major motionI am genuinely confused as to where the appeal lies in this film. Granted RDJ has his fans but isnt that schtick starting to wear very very thin now? The action finale to this movie is the most horrible thing I've seen in a major motion picture. Utterly unenganging on every level. Seeing 'Pepper Potts' in the Iron Man suit is about as thrilling as it sounds. Awful, awful film. Expand
amai2739Jan 26, 2017
A new director takes on the reign to the Iron Man franchise, Shane Black. Iron Man 3 is better than Iron Man 2 but not on par with the first Iron Man. The film is a little darker and more serious than its predecessors but not by much.A new director takes on the reign to the Iron Man franchise, Shane Black. Iron Man 3 is better than Iron Man 2 but not on par with the first Iron Man. The film is a little darker and more serious than its predecessors but not by much. Entertaining adventure, some cool action sequences, with some surprises, let’s get right to the surprises. 1 of the notable twist was Ben Kingsley’s supposedly role of The Mandarin, wasn’t really The Mandarin, he was just an actor with substance-abuse hired by the real villain to fake it. As a long time, comic book fan, I’ve gotta say, that was truly a disappointing twist in the movie, disgusted by it. And that’s that. Expand
FreddyLives99Jun 26, 2017
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. “Iron Man 3” is my most hated superhero movie. This big-budget joke failed on every level. First of all, this wasn’t made for Marvel fans, it was made by Shane Black, for Shane Black. Mr. Black took everything fans loved about the Iron Man franchise and threw them out the window. Even AC/DC and Black Sabbath got the boot, in favor of Christmas music (?). A new director doing his own thing with a franchise can sometimes work, with Logan being a great example, but this was a poor attempt to try and stand out. Let’s get right into the twist with The Mandarin. Iron Man’s greatest villain from the comics is reduced to a joke. He’s an actor playing a villain, and we’re all supposed to laugh, but it’s insulting. No other Marvel movie has done this since. A short film called “All Hail the King” was made to retcon this, but it was too late, the damage had been done. How could Marvel Studios have allowed this to happen? Iron Patriot was a major letdown as well, he doesn’t get to do anything! He flies towards an enemy hideout, and you expect a great action sequence, but then it’s a fake-out. Shane Black loves surprises that disappoint. Now let’s talk about the title character. In “The Avengers”, Steve Rogers tells Tony that he’s nothing without his suit, so he spends most of this movie proving Cap wrong, which is just boring. One scene has him make an explosive out of a Christmas ornament. Are you kidding me?! Where’s the superhero stuff?! When you go to an Iron Man film, you pay money to see Tony Stark in his suit, but he’s hardly in it at all. The suit he does wear comes to him in pieces, which ends up being problematic, but he has so many better suits anyway, so sticking with that model makes no sense. What also doesn’t make sense is telling a terrorist group where he lives, then doing nothing to prepare for an attack. So Tony spends most of his time fighting fire-breathing people who all wear flame-resistant clothes with an annoying child sidekick and a suit that doesn’t work right… when he has an army of Iron Man suits that can be used at any time. Tony destroys those extremely helpful suits, by the way, just to give the audience a firework spectacle. Hooray??? Oh, and Pepper Potts fights the lame real villain, because we all wanted to see that, of course. The only shred of a good idea I could find was giving Tony PTSD from his near-death experience in “The Avengers”, but this is handled in such an awkward way. He will be reminded of the Battle of New York, usually by a kid for some reason, and have just a mild panic attack. It could have been left out, but I thought it was almost a nice touch. Almost. Acknowledging The Avengers was a mistake, because no one else from that team or S.H.I.E.L.D responds when the President of the United States is captured. Did they really have to have that? Was it so hard to make a film about a villain with power-rings that can do interesting and creative things? Apparently so. In conclusion, this puts a big 3 on a beloved franchise, yet gives you nothing you paid to see the movie for. It’s too boring, has too many poor attempts at humor, and it’s the only piece of the MCU puzzle that doesn’t fit. My name for this movie is “Tony Stark’s Christmas Special”, and I don’t consider it canon. Expand
easilyatchaJul 18, 2017
the whole trilogy is very well made. always enjoyed the whole 'normal human becomes over-powered by a simple exo suit'-part but they diverge too much into the schematics and plagiarize Ironie's whole ideology in this

63%
CoreGamer1408Dec 15, 2018
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Can we like just make Pepper Potts the Iron Man? She has saved Iron Man twice that he has been the damsel in distress in the first and now the third movie. Oh boy they really screwed the pooch with the big Mandarin reveal. That was a party balloon popping moment gawd damn it. No ten rings of power just a face off with a blonde super model dude, so lame. Expand
WalterKovacsDec 26, 2017
Too much action. Too much CGI. Enjoyable for fans of the genre but not a must see film. Loses points for falling short of expectations.
filmbuff96Mar 14, 2018
The twists of the movie fell flat, and the only real substance was Stark redeeming himself with Pepper and dealing with his alien PTSD.
benskylerhillApr 23, 2018
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Iron Man seems to have peaked at his first film. I cannot even begin to express just how utterly inane this movie is. The plot makes absolutely no sense with the villains making such insane decisions based on loose motives at best. (And where is SHIELD during all of this?) The plan of the Mandarin makes no logical sense, relying on implausible coincidence even at its most logical parts, and he doesn’t even seem to have a motive for anything he does other than getting back at at Tony Stark because he skipped a meeting one time. Cartoonish beyond not just belief, but comprehension.

The acting is definitely passable, as it is in most Marvel movies, but even these great performers can’t save the dialogue that sounds like it was written by the writers of Scooby Doo. Visually, the movie is impressive, but much like the acting, it isn’t anything that stands out from previous Marvel outings.

Most of the Marvel films are essential viewing for fans who desire a deeper understanding of the MCU, but this is one that is a complete insult to an iconic hero and can be skipped without worry.

Story: 1.5
Acting: 5
Script: 3.5
Visuals/Sound: 5
Entertainment Value: 2.5

MY RATING: 3.5/10
remaAug 12, 2018
Just the song at the start makes this unworthy of existing, not to mention that iron man in the suit appears for like 10 minutes. The E.T. videogame is better than this childish piece of crap.
Dsros96Oct 30, 2018
I was missing to see this movie to have seen the whole MCU but… at the end is 100% expendable. After you have seen it… nothing happens. Maybe in the future we'll see if there's anything hidden but for now this movie is one of the worst in theI was missing to see this movie to have seen the whole MCU but… at the end is 100% expendable. After you have seen it… nothing happens. Maybe in the future we'll see if there's anything hidden but for now this movie is one of the worst in the MCU. Expand
CooperReviews44Dec 5, 2018
This movie has a lot of ridiculous stuff. The plot makes no sense at all, the whole virus plot feels incomplete, and so does the mandarin one. Its a big mess. However this movie is a lot of fun. You will have crazy action scenes that inThis movie has a lot of ridiculous stuff. The plot makes no sense at all, the whole virus plot feels incomplete, and so does the mandarin one. Its a big mess. However this movie is a lot of fun. You will have crazy action scenes that in theater or at home look amazing and a lot of fan service. The humor and wit of Robert Downy Jr. that's to be expected with him, is here. But for every fun moment there's always another disappointing one or a straight up ridiculous and stupid one. Expand
Esskandar85Feb 18, 2019
At first I Should say The Super Hero (Iron Man) was too weak. Secondly this is a Sci-fi movie, not political, there was alot of political Orientation and I think its a weakness.
IM3SuckedPenisMar 10, 2019
Meet the textbook definition of a bad, poorly made, boring movie, folks. Make no mistake, Iron Man 3 is an absolute insult to anyone who ever liked a good film or anyone who ever picked up a comic book. Sometimes, you can make a good comicMeet the textbook definition of a bad, poorly made, boring movie, folks. Make no mistake, Iron Man 3 is an absolute insult to anyone who ever liked a good film or anyone who ever picked up a comic book. Sometimes, you can make a good comic book movie while not following the source material closely. Sometimes, you can make a bad comic book while following the source material. Well, with this movie, we got a comic book movie that does not follow the source material but it's still bad. To describe the utter idiocy of everything happening with the characters and the story is not enough to fit into the word limit that this site allows in reviews. The setup of the main conflict in the movie is laughable. A guy gets mad at the main hero for not fulfilling his wish, and his wish was to... meet him at the rooftop? That is the conflict that drives the whole movie. A guy is mad at Tony Stark because Tony Stark promised the guy to meet him at some place, but then he was too busy getting laid, so he forgot about him, and that made that guy sad. That's our conflict, everyone! This is so bad, it makes you question if whoever wrote this nonsense wanted to intentionally write a story as bad as they can. Well, they achieved what they were seeking. The movie's premise, its characters, its everything is nothing short of terrible in every sense of that word. Tony Stark is a cardboard cutout in this movie. The main villain is a cardboard cutout in this movie. And the ending, where our hero's love interest suddenly gains powers and turns into a superhero, is the most anticlimactic, dumb ending to a superhero movie since Catwoman. It may be even worse than that. If you want to watch a good Iron Man movie, watch the first one. Expand
KlebartJun 21, 2019
Basically gives the middle finger to all of Iron Man's faithful readers over the years and his battles with the Mandarin.
SpanicOct 21, 2019
Muito triste as histórias por trás das câmeras,soube que a Gwyneth Paltrow sofreu com escoliose pela Pepper carregar o filme nas costas