6.4

1. Jul 6, 2015
    Co-writer/director Shane Black brings sharp snarky humor and some welcome psychological depth to the Iron Man franchise, which faded in an exhausting second installment after the exhilarating original. Downey is a brilliant actor who somehow manages to portray Tony Stark as traumatised without losing the character's laidback and comedic quality. Here, it's not the suit that makes the man;Co-writer/director Shane Black brings sharp snarky humor and some welcome psychological depth to the Iron Man franchise, which faded in an exhausting second installment after the exhilarating original. Downey is a brilliant actor who somehow manages to portray Tony Stark as traumatised without losing the character's laidback and comedic quality. Here, it's not the suit that makes the man; it's the man that makes the suit. Iron Man 3 follows a psychologically tormented hero who has light-hearted fun while engaging in cartoonish mayhem and uncovering corruption that reflects on contemporary politics. Like most franchise sequels it goes overboard with supporting characters, plot complications and let's-top-that action sequences. But there's never any real sense of drama. Despite a slow start and occasionally messy plot twists it felt like listening to a noisy garage band, where no matter how sloppily they skronk through a verse, when they tighten up and hit that sing-along chorus, the lack of polish somehow makes it sound even better. Expand
  2. Jun 13, 2015
    this movies is awesome...... esta pelicula es todo lo que quieres ver en una peicula de accion y ciencia ficcion es visualmente espectacular y nos muestra un heroe que se las ingenia y sale adelante
  3. May 23, 2015
    The CGI on display here is top-notch and the action sequences are pretty crazy. Also, there's still that Iron Man flair to the film. Don't let the so-so reviews stop you form watching this movie but don't expect it to be as goos as the last two, because it's not. The writing just isn't as strong as it was in the previous Iron Man films but it's still good.
  4. May 16, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. In general the film is very good, incredible special effects, this film shows that Tony Stark is not iron, but the end left much to be desired, this thing of Aldrich Killian talk that is the Mandarin was not too cool, let alone the Tony take the reactor. Expand
  5. May 1, 2015
    "You can take away my suits, but there's one thing you can never take away from me: I am Iron Man." I love this movie, such a great experience to see its end, even that for me it doesn't fit the Avengers: Age of Ultron, I'd like it more if Stark had spent more time being the actual Iron Man, with the suits and stuff. Great movie anyway!
  6. Mar 13, 2015
    It was a good movie with impressive special effects but lacked serious potential towards one of Iron Man's main supervillains. Hopefully, Marvel will bring the Mandarin back with his powerful rings in either the next Avenger's film or Iron Man 4.
  7. Dec 22, 2014
    Fun,Hilarious and delightful Iron Man 3 is still a good film despite of too many criticism.The Twist of the mandarin may pissed by comic fanboys but some may found it funny.Robert Downey Jr. Is Back Being Tony Stark/Iron Man,he still delivers what we love of the character.
  8. Dec 16, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. To be honest, I was a bit afraid when Jon Favreau stepped off the project of Iron Man 3 since his 2 films were so good. I was afraid that this movie would bomb with a director like Shane Black. But man was I wrong! The movie definitely has a different tone to it I like the darker looking visuals and the increased amounts of humor to offset the struggles of Tony Stark as he tries to fight the "Mandarin." Iron Man 3 is definitely a slight improvement over Iron Man 2. 9/10 (Awesome) Expand
  9. Dec 7, 2014
    This is an awesome movie filled with lots of action. Probably one of the best action movies I have seen. This is highly recommended if you love superhero and action movies.
  10. Dec 3, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) Analysis: Iron Man 3 (2013) *SPOILERS*

"Iron Man 3" is the movie that starts out the Phase 2 of Marvel Cinematic Universe, and while there's some questionably flawed elements, this film is wittily made and nicely acted. Sure, there was some stupid things like the real Mandarin being the nerdy guy Tony met on the elevator. Sure, they could have used Ben Kingsley – a fantastic actor by the way – as the real villain, which would’ve been incredible and would’ve make the film even more epic. But surprisingly enough, “Iron Man 3” is still good in its own right. It’s not as refined as some Marvel movies are, but it’s visually impressive and its main lead still holds that charm we liked in the first two Iron Man films. Director Jon Favreau was replaced by Shane Black, but still remained as a producer and as the character Happy.

Marvel's "Iron Man 3" pits brash-but-brilliant industrialist Tony Stark/Iron Man against an enemy whose reach knows no bounds. When Stark finds his personal world destroyed at his enemy's hands, he embarks on a harrowing quest to find those responsible. This journey, at every turn, will test his mettle. With his back against the wall, Stark is left to survive by his own devices, relying on his ingenuity and instincts to protect those closest to him. As he fights his way back, Stark discovers the answer to the question that has secretly haunted him: does the man make the suit or does the suit make the man?

Well, many people say that the clothes make the man, but what makes these series so rewarding is the man inside the suit: Robert Downey Jr. He is, once again, fantastic. Perhaps one of the coolest super-heroes in contemporary cinema and I would be very surprise if in the future someone will top him. As for the rest of the cast, Guy Pearce surely makes for a compelling villain. Even though I was expecting Trevor to be the real villain, Pearce’s character still makes up for that. Gwyneth Paltrow also returns as the love interest of Tony Stark and Don Cheadle appears once again as “Iron Patriot”. Really? “War Machine” sounds so much better. Apparently he changed it because War Machine was a little belligerent. Some antagonists in movies are way over-the-top, so if there’s something that this movie needs credit for, it’s the villain. Now, let’s talk about the Mandarin plot twist. The Mandarin plot twist ah… my god, is so **** stupid. When I saw the trailers for Iron Man 3 back in 2013, I was expecting something intense and dark, because THE TRAILERS LOOKED INTENSE AND DARK, but yeah… I never should trust the trailers or clips or whatever. As I was saying, I expected something out of that darkness, and it just pained me to see the real Mandarin being a nerd, and the fake one being a comedic actor. How exciting. I mean, how **** stupid is this? I’m disappointed about this and note, I rarely even read comic books.

The action scenes are utterly entertaining. Everything from the Malibu Mansion attack to the oil tanker battle is phenomenal. It is amazing. Trust me, it’s really good, and I dare to say that it’s even better than the first two Iron Man films. It’s so good. When Iron Man was rescuing those people when the plane exploded, I thought he was not going to make it, but man, he did make it. My friend complained exactly about that. He said that “Ah, Iron Man is not Superman. He can’t do that”. He’s an opinionated person, so I sometimes don’t take him seriously. What I thought it was odd in that sequence… you know, too stupid, was the fact that everyone who landed on the water knew how to swim. How convenient. The best fight in the whole movie is between Tony and Killian and this particular battle could positively explain why the fights in Marvel movies are so damn good.

Although I really left the theaters satisfied, I’m not looking forward to an Iron Man 4. We need to see new characters, new story arcs and new easter eggs. Thank God that some weeks ago, it has been announced some new movies in Marvel canon, and doesn’t include Iron Man films. I’m not saying that Iron Man is a crappy character, no, I think he’s a pretty good super-hero, but we do need some new stuff because this sh*t is getting repetitive.

Final Score to Iron Man 3: 7/10. This sequel is an improvement over its predecessor and while it’s not as refined as the very first installment, “Iron Man 3” still has style, charisma and the action sequences are purely entertaining. This was an appropriate follow-up to The Avengers, which – like I said in my review – was fantastic. If you’re an Iron Man fanatic, you will love this flick and probably a good chunk of it. And even if you’re a person who goes frequently to the movies, you won’t be left unsatisfied. Now, let’s review the disappointing one: Thor 2.
  11. Nov 8, 2014
    An entertaining addition to the Marvel canon, Iron Man 3 solidly delivers great action sequences and a witty dialogue although it suffers from a terribly plotted final act.
  12. Oct 23, 2014
    Iron Man 3 evolves the character Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.) from a cocky playboy to a flawed hero. The theme of old demons is apparent when it begins in Switzerland in 1999 new years eve, Tony who was a different person then meets Aldrich Killian (Guy Pearce), a nerdy scientist from AIM (Advanced Idea Mechanics) Tony blows him off after telling him to meet him on the roof leaving himIron Man 3 evolves the character Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.) from a cocky playboy to a flawed hero. The theme of old demons is apparent when it begins in Switzerland in 1999 new years eve, Tony who was a different person then meets Aldrich Killian (Guy Pearce), a nerdy scientist from AIM (Advanced Idea Mechanics) Tony blows him off after telling him to meet him on the roof leaving him there. Years later after the events of "The Avengers" Tony is a changed man, no longer just as the hero protecting America from terrorists but now frantically building suits trying to keep the ones he cares about safe after going through a wormhole and learning that there is a big and dangerous universe out there. Shane Black directs a good popcorn flick here taking over from Jon Favreau who directed the first two movies, and in terms of story this is much better than Iron Man 2. If you love seeing Tony Stark chew scenery for two hours you'll enjoy this. Expand
  13. Oct 18, 2014
    Iron Man 3 pits brash-but-brilliant industrialist Tony Stark/Iron Man against an enemy whose reach knows no bounds. When Stark finds his personal world destroyed at his enemy’s hands, he embarks on a harrowing quest to find those responsible. This journey, at every turn, will test his mettle. With his back against the wall, Stark is left to survive by his own devices, relying on hisIron Man 3 pits brash-but-brilliant industrialist Tony Stark/Iron Man against an enemy whose reach knows no bounds. When Stark finds his personal world destroyed at his enemy’s hands, he embarks on a harrowing quest to find those responsible. This journey, at every turn, will test his mettle. With his back against the wall, Stark is left to survive by his own devices, relying on his ingenuity and instincts to protect those closest to him. As he fights his way back, Stark discovers the answer to the question that has secretly haunted him: does the man make the suit or does the suit make the man? Expand
  14. Sep 5, 2014
    Weak plot. It is a common problem of Marvel movies. Movie itself is too focused on special effects and explosions (which are awesome tbh), and plot is too ... how to say ... sucked from finger? I understand it is hard to create strong drama movie from comics, and I will never blame Marvel for that. This movie is for people who like explosions, fire, robots, fights - who focus only onWeak plot. It is a common problem of Marvel movies. Movie itself is too focused on special effects and explosions (which are awesome tbh), and plot is too ... how to say ... sucked from finger? I understand it is hard to create strong drama movie from comics, and I will never blame Marvel for that. This movie is for people who like explosions, fire, robots, fights - who focus only on action, who dont think at all watching movie. I say again, it is not bad, just not for everyone. By the way, as I understood this movie was last of Iron Man series, at least I hope so, despite my love to Iron Man and other Marvel characters. Expand
  15. Aug 24, 2014
    Seen this twice now.

3D vs 2D: 2D wins, clearly. 3D action sequences are shotty, blurry, and hard to follow without losing focus, and there were no special bits where the 2D version didn't look just as good, in my opinion. You can tell this is directed and written by Shane Black. (Tony Stark tells us a story about the terrorism of today, botanists, and fire-breathers.) The
    Seen this twice now.

You can tell this is directed and written by Shane Black. (Tony Stark tells us a story about the terrorism of today, botanists, and fire-breathers.) The story-telling is definitely different, the structure feeling a little clipped at times, jumping from one scene to the next while creating a thread to follow. I may have hoped for a little more background on a couple of things, but they were not too bothersome.

At the same time, the humor works perfectly, which can be hoped for and expected. Robert Downey Jr. is definitely working his magic once more.

While I was a little bummed out by some of the things at the end of the film, and am still wrapping my head around them, the movie had a steady thing going with no real "slowness" to it. You're constantly entertained. You won't be glancing at your watch - unless you decide to wait for the absolutely delicious post-credits scene, which is totally worth the wait!

There are twists and turns. The new armors are cool, although one would hope to see more of them - and more of Tony in the armor, but then, the way this film goes, you don't actually feel a constant longing for the Armored Avenger, because Tony delivers all you can possibly hope for.

Speaking of Avengers, there were more references to that movie - and the previous MCU films - than one could have hoped for. They worked very well, in between jibes, references, flashbacks and panic attacks.

Go see this movie, right now!
  16. Jul 30, 2014
    The film's [Iron Man trilogy] that failed to become better.

The film's [Iron Man trilogy] that failed to become better.

Okay, it really is a cool and entertaining movie to watch and it got eventful scenes, but the opening scene wasn't the best. I really had high expectations of this movie, but it wasn't as great as I thought it would be because the story truly is weird. The movie also got many things that didn't make sense at all, and combined with the weird ending and some silly details, the film wasn't great at all in comparison with the the previous Iron Man movies.

For an Iron Man movie, isn't it great at all, but it's still okay to watch.

Iron Man 3 gets a 7/10
  17. May 25, 2014
    Ok so here we go Iron man 3 the first movie in marvels phase 2 this is the first iron man not directed by Jon Favreau. You can totally tell that this is not his movie this easily is the darkest of the iron man films. Though keeping with a light feeling with comedy which was the best of the three films while some of it did feel misplaced i didn't have a problem with it and it didn't takeOk so here we go Iron man 3 the first movie in marvels phase 2 this is the first iron man not directed by Jon Favreau. You can totally tell that this is not his movie this easily is the darkest of the iron man films. Though keeping with a light feeling with comedy which was the best of the three films while some of it did feel misplaced i didn't have a problem with it and it didn't take away from the overall experience. Now this is one thing i really liked about the film is that you get to see tony use his intelligence in this more so then in iron man 2 this takes me back to Iron man 1 when he is in the cave building his suit.

Now this is one thing i didn't expect in the film so ill give them credit for trying to try do something different. I just didn't like what they did to The Mandarin i understand why they did it but seriously they crapped all over one of iron mans biggest villains. Though Ben Kingsley nailed his performance even when the switched happened he still killed it.

This takes me to Guy Pearce (Aldrich Killian ) he did an okey job i wasn't so intrigued by his performance it was nothing special even after a second viewing i just didn't really care for him

There is nothing to say about Robert Downey Jr. (Tony Stark) he did an amazing performance the guy is Iron man i don't anyone would tell you different. You can tell that he has some wear and tear on him he is trying to cope with events that took place in "The Avengers" he has anxiety attacks that take place a couple times throughout the film.

Now during the battle scene where the helicopters take out tony's mansion tony saves pepper by making his new suit go to her. That was cool because it is a reference towards "rescue" not sure if you know the general audience didn't realize that but of course us nerds do =D. Gwyneth Paltrow was great as always so nothing to complain about except for the ending with Killian that i didn't really like. To me it was like "The Dark Knight Rises" all over again and i can barely watch that film now.

Don Cheadle (Colonel James Rhodes) is not Warmachine anymore he is now Iron Patriot that i didn't have a problem with and it was funny with tony saying throughout the film that he didn't like that change. Cheadle did a great job and he was in the film more then what i was expecting so that was cool more Cheadle is always good also the guy bulked up he looked ripped that was one thing i noticed right away.

Overall i give the film a 7.5 i knew that it was going to be better then Iron man 2 but not as good as Iron man 1 and that is was i got. I know some people don't agree with me i still think IM1 is the best of the three films.
  18. Apr 21, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I enjoyed Iron Man 3 way more then i intended, in fact, it made me want to go back and watch the first 2 again because i enjoyed it so much the movie was very funny and very entertain and made me care for Tony Stak because it presented him as more of a lovable jackass that really wants to do good yet always seems to still seem like a dick. Characters are alright, the plots so DAMN stupid, in fact its really bizarre, i like bizarre, The main villain was AMAZING, until we found out who he really was and the third act, final act was pretty much just like how i felt about the original film, terrible.

Overall a solid 7/10: mostly based on pure enjoyment, my expectations where very LOW
  19. Apr 20, 2014
    iron man 3 is a good movie, mainly due to great action scenes. the plot and characters are good, except for an incredible amount of disappointment towards the mandarin. there's more comedy in this one, and sometimes feels like it leans too much towards comedy. the action, especially the final fight is great. my biggest problem, besides the mandarin, is how little of a part Rhodey playediron man 3 is a good movie, mainly due to great action scenes. the plot and characters are good, except for an incredible amount of disappointment towards the mandarin. there's more comedy in this one, and sometimes feels like it leans too much towards comedy. the action, especially the final fight is great. my biggest problem, besides the mandarin, is how little of a part Rhodey played in the film. Expand
  20. Apr 3, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Iron Man 3 is another fantastic film from Marvel Studios, It's a good way to end the trilogy. The original Iron Man movie is great, Iron Man 2 was not that great, The Avengers was revolutionary and this is also great. Overall it had some great action and some good story elements in it. I really wish people would not be so hateful to this movie just because of how much they hated that plot twist with the Mandarin, even though I didn't care, I mean I guess it was pretty stupid but I am not going to judge the movie by that one point. That wasn't even the worst part about this movie, I say probably the worst thing in this film is the fact that this felt more like "Tony Stark: The Movie" than a new Iron Man movie, I mean why not have more Iron Man in it. However the story was still good and it even has a bit of funny and enjoyable moments. If you can survive that plot twist that insulted many Comic Book fans, I think you will enjoy this movie. Expand
  21. Feb 16, 2014
    If your a fan of the Iron Man comics, or just Marvel comics in general, don't see Iron Man 3. You'll probably rage and kill somebody (I won't explain why because of spoilers). The rest of you, you're in for a damn good film! Something that the Iron Man films do brilliantly is great acting and casting. Well I'm happy to report that this film does both with excellence and flair. SurprisinglyIf your a fan of the Iron Man comics, or just Marvel comics in general, don't see Iron Man 3. You'll probably rage and kill somebody (I won't explain why because of spoilers). The rest of you, you're in for a damn good film! Something that the Iron Man films do brilliantly is great acting and casting. Well I'm happy to report that this film does both with excellence and flair. Surprisingly no one actor feels better than the other, creating a strong realism, especially in dramatic scenes. Like most Marvel movies the action is amazing and varied. One scene you'll see Tony without his suit, fighting super powered beings using only his intellect, and the next you'll see a pulse pounding air born rescue. However, the biggest thing I like about the action is how much there is. There's not to little ( like in Superman Returns ) and there's not to much ( like in Revenge of the Sith ). This leaves room for a fantastic story... That is until it hits the half way mark. The film brings in a twist, that it thinks is so clever, but just end up being stupid, and a slap in the face to all comic fans! This poor choice gets rid of an awesome, dark villain, The Mandarin, and replaces him with a poorly written villain that's generic as hell! Then when the story gets back on track, it introduces an awful ending that feels so rushed. In addition to this, this film has so many mistakes it's almost laughable! And its a shame because Shane Black's directing talent really shows. The camera feels organic and never out of place. If the fanboy inside of me was reviewing this, I would give it a 0. But because it's such a good film in its own right, I can't do that. Expand
  22. Jan 29, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I like Iron Man, but I dislike Tony Starks.I think he makes it hard to enjoy the movie with his arrogant attitude. The movie was solid, but besides the Hype I liked G.I Joe much better.The movie does have it`s moments, but Iron Man is just not my favorite Super Hero. Also I feel like they made Tony Stark use remote controlled Bots just so you can see Robert Downey Jrs face.This is a huge issue with some of these actors. They have to get some face time.I should probably give the movie a lower rating, but it was at least entertaining. Expand
  23. Jan 12, 2014
    After the disappointing sequel to the original Iron Man, I thought the same things as a lot of people did: will the man named after a fruit steal Iron Man's suit and it'll be Iron Man vs Iron Man? apparently I was mislead, and it turned out better than usual. One of my favorite ties is that it links with The Avengers as if he had trauma after going into space, which made a lot of senseAfter the disappointing sequel to the original Iron Man, I thought the same things as a lot of people did: will the man named after a fruit steal Iron Man's suit and it'll be Iron Man vs Iron Man? apparently I was mislead, and it turned out better than usual. One of my favorite ties is that it links with The Avengers as if he had trauma after going into space, which made a lot of sense with his panic attacks. Expand
  24. Jan 11, 2014
    I was thoroughly entertained. Enjoyed the story, but the middle of the movie was a bit slow. There is some good character development with Tony. Possibly one of the best third entries in a series of all time, if that can be said.
  25. Jan 3, 2014
    Not only an awesome action movie and a clever science fiction flick. But also quite funny, I don't understand why it got so much hate. Seriously it is probably in my Top 10 of the year, planet Earth I guess.
  26. Dec 28, 2013
    Iron Man 3 is the best of the franchise, due largely in part to an unforgettable twist about halfway through, and a finale that is spectacular in every sense of the word.
  27. Dec 22, 2013
    Ok, this is not so good than the first one, but neither is so bad than the second one. I think it is a good movie, with comedy and action. I really like it, of curse The Mandarin was a terrible deception, Extremis isn't the same thing like the comic, but, this is not a movie for a comic Fans, this is a movie for Marvel Cinematic Universe Fans, and I think it's better than the second one,Ok, this is not so good than the first one, but neither is so bad than the second one. I think it is a good movie, with comedy and action. I really like it, of curse The Mandarin was a terrible deception, Extremis isn't the same thing like the comic, but, this is not a movie for a comic Fans, this is a movie for Marvel Cinematic Universe Fans, and I think it's better than the second one, but no like the first one. Expand
  28. Dec 21, 2013
    Almost perfect.Although I didn't like the ending, because it looks like there won't be Iron Man 4 :(
    Otherwise it's a nice movie, with great cast and super, astonishing visual and sound effects.
  29. Dec 17, 2013
    This trilogy of Iron Man is great, the last and recent Iron Man movie was not as good as the first two, it has nice special affects (as usual) and also is well created but the whole point is that the movie did not need to be made it was just a finale of the first two, but overall it was a decent movie.
  30. Nov 28, 2013
    Best one of the Iron Man series actually a lot better than I expected. Not at all deserving of these low scores (these folks must be looking for something else). It's a super-hero movie, okay? Lighten up, already. It's got some good catchy action stuff with bits of romance and drama in between. If you like superhero genre films, you will not be disappointed. But if you expect "more" thenBest one of the Iron Man series actually a lot better than I expected. Not at all deserving of these low scores (these folks must be looking for something else). It's a super-hero movie, okay? Lighten up, already. It's got some good catchy action stuff with bits of romance and drama in between. If you like superhero genre films, you will not be disappointed. But if you expect "more" then save your bucks and take a film appreciation class and go see some 'real' film. Expand
  31. Nov 28, 2013
    A light, kid-friendly adaptation, Iron Man 3 solidly delivers great action sequences and a witty dialogue although it suffers from a terribly plotted plot twist at the end.
  32. Nov 27, 2013
    This a far superior sequel to Iron Man 2. This film is reminiscent of action films from the 1980s and 90s, with its Lethal Weapon 2 like ending and originality of interpreting characters from the original comic book source.
  33. Nov 20, 2013
    Combination Of Dark Humor & House Party Protocol !!

**Iron Man 3** * The movie is certainly dark in nature but it exhibits humor excitement and good entertainment this movie swims in the theme of darkness to provide excitement and adventure This film is not only based on action but also in deep emotions and flashing humor which dazzles in screen play considering its theme it
    Combination Of Dark Humor & House Party Protocol !!

**Iron Man 3**

* The movie is certainly dark in nature but it exhibits humor excitement and good entertainment this movie swims in the theme of darkness to provide excitement and adventure This film is not only based on action but also in deep emotions and flashing humor which dazzles in screen play considering its theme it feels like eating a dark chocolate with fruits on it The screen play focus in such way that the characters are not misplaced in any events .Each and every characters were essential in this movie to their correct attributes If they are not given those things confusion and mistakes takes place. The story revolves around tony stark the hero of this film .His lead is one of the factor that drive this movie entertaining .His character displays an amount of performance and charm which exceeds the performance of others characters .The entire credit goes to Robert Downey Jr he is a remarkable actor with such an excellent performance in full filling his role with out leaving any mark Not only lead character is good but also other characters such as Colonel James Rhodes, Maya Hansen & Pepper Potts they given such a delightful performance in full filling their role. Also characters regarding Aldrich Killian & The Mandarin these characters were well developed and very well performed by Guy Pearce and Ben Kingsley they were remarkable in their respective roles Director and screenplay writer shane black did wonderful performance in screen play and also in character development *Action sequence and visual effects are fantastic. *Overall this film is excellent its sparkles with humor & excitement with all possible fireworks !.

Iron Man 3 :*******

(7/10) Stars
  34. Nov 17, 2013
    Iron Man 3, whilst not as good as the original, is still a decent improvement over the erstwhile sequel. The story is fun enough with the requisite amount of laughs and perils. That said, there isn't actually much Iron Man in this Iron Man movie. It's mostly just Tony Stark with a pistol. The final action reel brings some satisfying bangs and explosions (even if the bad guy's ultimate doomIron Man 3, whilst not as good as the original, is still a decent improvement over the erstwhile sequel. The story is fun enough with the requisite amount of laughs and perils. That said, there isn't actually much Iron Man in this Iron Man movie. It's mostly just Tony Stark with a pistol. The final action reel brings some satisfying bangs and explosions (even if the bad guy's ultimate doom does spawn some eye-rolling) and this third chapter ends up as an entertaining 'hot mess'. Expand
  35. Nov 11, 2013
    Iron Man 3 is a excellent movie. Its darker than previous movie. Robert Downey Jr. is as charismatic as ever. Special effects are higher than previous film.
  36. Nov 10, 2013
    An improvement over the tedious 'Iron Man 2', the third film still can not live up to the first movie. It is more interesting than '2', with more thoroughness in the plot and better acting from the rest of the cast, as Downey doesn't need to change anything, he's fruitful and amusing all the time. Overall, a decent third chapter that fairs better, much better, than its predecessor.
  37. Nov 4, 2013
    Perhaps after watching "The Avengers", I expected too much from this movie, and ultimately did not quite live up to my expectations. But "Iron Man 3" is still a pretty good movie. It's action-packed, it's filled with humor but doesn't have as much playboy antics as its predecessors.
  38. Oct 27, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. kinda a letdown horrible humor twist was good but Aldrich Killian was a crappy villain except for his unique plan RDJ is amazing but the nonstop jokes and no real drama kinda makes this not as good as the 1st but a bit better than the 2nd Expand
  39. Oct 27, 2013
    the best iron man movie and also one of the best movies of the year...... every inches of the movie is enjoyable, breathtaking and thrilling. the twists in the story are awesome. i don't know why a few people don't like the movie!!!!!!!!!
  40. Oct 14, 2013
    Another excellent movie from Marvel. Captures the essence of the comic book and character and is just a heck of a lot of fun to watch. It's got action, emotion, and humor. It manages to show the effects being a super hero is having on Tony, like the events of the Avengers and previous movies, and does it without all of the melodrama and whining that plagued Iron Man 2. It's very enjoyableAnother excellent movie from Marvel. Captures the essence of the comic book and character and is just a heck of a lot of fun to watch. It's got action, emotion, and humor. It manages to show the effects being a super hero is having on Tony, like the events of the Avengers and previous movies, and does it without all of the melodrama and whining that plagued Iron Man 2. It's very enjoyable and the references to the Avengers movie and the other Marvel films out like Thor is very appreciated. All in all it's just a great Marvel film and if you have any love of the character or universe then you'll love this movie. Expand
  41. Oct 10, 2013
    A bit boring if you ask me, Iron Man 1 was amazing, Iron Man 2 was good and Iron Man 3 starts to feel like a money making racket. That being said, in isolation the film is worth a watch and is a nice superhero romp with lots of shiny special effects that manages to entertain. 7/10
  42. Oct 8, 2013
    This is the best of the 3 Iron Man's. You really should watch the 1 and Avenger's first to full appreciate Tony Starks transformation from to panicking. Robert Downey does another great job, which is good given that he is outside the iron suit more than inside. It will be a shame when someone else wears the suit. Without spoiling, I liked the different direction Shane Black took theThis is the best of the 3 Iron Man's. You really should watch the 1 and Avenger's first to full appreciate Tony Starks transformation from to panicking. Robert Downey does another great job, which is good given that he is outside the iron suit more than inside. It will be a shame when someone else wears the suit. Without spoiling, I liked the different direction Shane Black took the Extremis story arc to appeal to a mass audience. It just made more sense. The blu-ray is packed with your typical blu-ray extras so no surprise there. Bottomline: a must see and own for even mild super hero movie fans. Expand
  43. Sep 27, 2013
    Iron Man 3 was more funny than action packed, their was hardly any scenes with iron man in them. It is a good movie but i felt that it could have been way better.
  44. Sep 15, 2013
    Iron Man 3 is almost as good as the original, with an interesting story as well as a great script. It's a must-see summer action flick and a fun one, too.
  45. Sep 6, 2013
    Good humor, good acting performances and the story is not the case so uninspired misfortune than most continuing. Relax and unwind spectacular actions, I have not looked up to 2 hours of film. I can only recommend.
  46. Sep 6, 2013
    I love the Iron Man film franchise, the previous films delivered childhood dreams for me and the 3rd film doesn't disappoint. There are a few things that they've done in this film that they shouldn't but it's still entertaining until the end.
    I have to say, I still prefer the assembly line suits in the previous films compared to the get in and go ones in this film but they did show the Extremis style suit very well.
    Hopefully in 3 days time, I'll have it on Blu-Ray.
    I highly recommend you buy the Invincible Iron man volume 1 hardcover just to see what the Extremis story arc really was about, look on Amazon.
  47. Sep 2, 2013
    Better than Iron man 2.Not as good as Iron Man 1.It doesnt has a lot of points that you lose your interest.I would like a more impresive Mandarine with strong magic powers like in the Comics Marvel Universe.Nice final battle throught.
  48. Sep 2, 2013
    Great acting and action scenes but wasn't as good as the trailers made it out to be. It was a over-hyped film but that doesn't mean it was a bad film.
  49. Aug 28, 2013
    Great movie. Most people are just pissed about the whole Mandarin thing, thus the low score. This is a great film and deserves higher points. Great humor and good pacing. Yes, there are some things in the plot that doesn't make sense, but it's still enjoyable nonetheless. Enjoy it for what it is and don't overanalyse it.
  50. Aug 26, 2013
    I didn't like Iron Man 2, but 3 I love it.
    I hate sequels, I hate watching same characters, story. I thought it is another Iron Man same movie.
    but this movie is completely different movie what I was expecting, completely new different movie, ideas. That's what I love about it. Everything was great. Great villains, battle scenes. Robert Downey Jr. is great, just too perfect to be Iron
    I didn't like Iron Man 2, but 3 I love it.
    Robert Downey Jr. is great, just too perfect to be Iron Man.
    It really surprise me.
  51. Aug 24, 2013
    [8.0] In some ways it's my favorite Iron Man movie, and it's so much different from the first two. It has much more personality, but it doesn't take itself as seriously as I would have hoped.
  52. Aug 19, 2013
    I loved it! Iron Man 3 wiped the floor with the disappointment of Iron Man 2. Unlike the other films of the Marvel Universe Iron Man did take have a darker feel to the film in comparison to the others in the film series. Although I was a little let down as the trailer suggested that the film would be more about Tony Stark’s psychological state after his fall from deep space in TheI loved it! Iron Man 3 wiped the floor with the disappointment of Iron Man 2. Unlike the other films of the Marvel Universe Iron Man did take have a darker feel to the film in comparison to the others in the film series. Although I was a little let down as the trailer suggested that the film would be more about Tony Stark’s psychological state after his fall from deep space in The Avengers. So when the only real event that was carried on from Avengers (par the world knowing about aliens and the Avengers) was the idea that Tony Stark has now become an insomniac, presumably over the shock and stress of the Avengers, I felt that Marvel had let me down.

However, despite Marvel not taking the move I would of done with this film they still made a pretty epic movie. Iron Man continues to pull it’s quirky humor with yet another great performance from Robert Downey Jr. Iron Man sticks to its high explosive themes and great slapstick humor moments.

I love the Iron Man series, so when I saw just how dark it was I was very impressed the Mandarin had such great screen presence I was almost taken aback by the way that Ben Kingsley had over his scenes was mind-blowing. The use of editing in the Mandarin take over videos was mesmerizing, I loved the change to hand held cameras and the camera effects to drop the quality to make the events more realistic just encapsulated the audience. It was truly a great piece of editing.

Despite all the upsides of this film I do believe that it does get a bit tacky towards the end, I will not elaborate because of spoilers but I thought it dropped in quality from the rest of the film in the last 20 or so minutes. Despite this I promise to every fan of the Marvel Universe and even to those who aren’t all that keen but enjoy light-hearted humor which comes with an Iron Man film, or simply anyone who enjoys a Superhero movie. The film contains exciting twists, turns and impressive visuals then you will enjoy this film.

In hindsight i think this film is a very enjoyable experience which I could easily watch over and over again. I would recommend the film, and when I look back at I remember the community spirit of a cinema all laughing together at once (first time I have experienced that since The Inbetweeners Movie). The film isn’t one that will make you think and change your life but it’s one which could cheer you up with its humor and make a night twice more enjoyable. I would recommend this film to all, I hope you have fun with it.
  53. Aug 18, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I had mixed feelings on Iron Man 3. I'll start off with the positives as I normally do with my reviews (unless there is no positives!). Firstly.....Robert Downey Jr is a number 1 badass as Iron Man!!! I like how he acts and how he is when it comes to being witty. He is almost the merc with the mouth (DEADPOOL MOVIE NOW PLEASE!!!!!). I also liked the action scenes which were packed full of explosions and smart gestures that made up a pleasant scene. However, there were a few negatives about this film that I have to mention. The second half of the film was just meh to me....I mean sure there was 'action' but it was all a bit slow moving and just made me shrug my shoulders. The ending frustrated me the most.....it to me just felt like he just gave up in the end and quit abruptly as being Iron Man. So to sum it up, Iron Man 3 is a pretty good film was some highs and lows. Expand
  54. Aug 15, 2013
    Here’s another, critic wise, underappreciated movie. I won't link a trailer because I don't condone advertising pizza with pictures of ice cream. Seriously, don't expect the movie to take after the tone of the preview stuff.

THE PLAYERS Happy Hogan He's the Jar-Jar of the Marvel Universe, with an uncontrollable badge fetish. He also survives a 3000 degree heat blast by ducking in

THE PLAYERS

Happy Hogan He's the Jar-Jar of the Marvel Universe, with an uncontrollable badge fetish. He also survives a 3000 degree heat blast by ducking in front of a desk in a mall.
    Pepper (Gwyneth Paltrow) is in there somewhere also, but she gets surprisingly little to do for the amount of screen time she gets. Her banter with Tony -who's again excellently played by RDJ- are good and that's kind of it. Oh, and he's basically half naked in the 2nd half of the movie.
    Iron Man's other partner and best friend, James "Rhodey" Rhodes, finally gets to show us that there's a badass under and without that grey iron suit. Don Cheadle should legally change his name to Still Not Terrence Howard ".
    Aldrich Killian. If spelling Cillian with a K doesn't give away that he's evil, the combed back hair and being played by Guy Pearce will. He's also the man behind the Extremis soldiers (super-powered men at day, ticking timebombs come night time).
    Ben Kingsley Dude can A-R-T-I-C-U-L-A-T-E and act ).
    And Robert Downey has a scene or two in here. He's snarky, talks fast and acts cool. After that he even tries to act. So he's great.

Play-by-Play

Where's Iron Man ?

No time for a house party. After Happy's long awaited coma time, Tony Stark takes matters into his own hands and informs the good people of his home address. So when enemy choppers trash his place why is did he act surprised and why wasn't he prepared with more than a prototype which can barely fly? If only he had a contingency plan Never mind, he took out a helicopter with a piano.Talk about a well orchestrated move. This is the only scene with Iron Man action in the first hour.

Side story with discount Macaulay Culkin. The child actor playing the kid is actually good and their moments together -for the most part- feel sincere ,but there’sa noticeable lack of Iron Man presence. At least we get to see Tony defeats an Extremis soldier with raw brain power (and a microwave).

PTSD BS. Tony is shown having panic attacks in the first half of the movie and freaks out when talking to children or driving. But when the time comes to blow everything up, he's cool. Because being MacGyver cures mental disorders.(The movie says so.)
    Spoiler! The "Mandarin" pulls a reverse Keyser Soze. I sincerely feel torn about this one. It's hilarious, because of the clever setup and execution, yet the decision itself to do this can be questionable. Also, every time this scene gets mentioned, a die hard comic nerd gets a stroke.Personally I learned to really like and appreciate the ingenuity as well as the delivery of it.

Fights, camera, action !

Some Hulk-proof barn doors can be found in America. Stopping indestructible propulsor-accelerated metal is what small town people are prepared for. At the same time, one of the most creative movie shootouts in recent memory is its result.
    Fool Pepper once, shame on her, fool me twice you brilliant motherf*cker. That prototype armor is good for something after all.
    The Iron Patriot. All I could hear when it was on screen was the Team America theme.But the movie also makes fun of it, so kudos to Shane Black, again. Then in the climax of the movie, a character is put into it. The suit clearly wasn't functioning at the time.After Rhodey having reclaimed it, he could fly away instantly. Also, he didn't quite bother to hurry back to help his friend fight against a compact army of Extremis soldiers.
    The end fight. Besides the dialogue being too joky for a life and death battle, this is on par with the best Marvel could offer. The lead-up wasn't perfectly logical with Tony and Rhodey sneaking into the villains hideout on foot, risking getting captured or killed, so that Shane Black gets to do 3 minutes of Lethal Weapon )

Clean slate.SPOILER for the ending It was a very grand and symbolic character moment and all, but the whole plot of the movie was an indicator for why the world needs Iron Man -and why Tony needs replacement suits-.

All in all, Shane Black ironed out most of the kinks that lead led to the fall of Iron Man 2, delivered on a very entertaining piece of cinema and made continuity fanboys throw out their Arc Reactor themed shirts. It's certainly up there with the first Iron Man while being unique compared to every other Marvel movie in terms of structure and execution. The. dialogue is witty, the action is entertaining and clever twists happen.

Note to Marvel After credits scenes are tedious at best. Not unlike this post review remark..

Just let it go.
  55. Aug 12, 2013
    This is a much, much better movie than that miserable Iron man 2. The pacing is better, the humor is more even, and there's more action and tension. Even with that much praise, Iron Man 3 is still not a great movie. Its plagued by a few underdeveloped characters, predictable plot points and some lame attempts at humor. Throughout this whole movie you just don't feel the sense of wonderThis is a much, much better movie than that miserable Iron man 2. The pacing is better, the humor is more even, and there's more action and tension. Even with that much praise, Iron Man 3 is still not a great movie. Its plagued by a few underdeveloped characters, predictable plot points and some lame attempts at humor. Throughout this whole movie you just don't feel the sense of wonder that was carried in the Avengers and the original Iron man. The movie is lacking a clear threatening villain, which takes away some of the tension. Alone this movie is pretty solid, up against other films like Thor and Iron Man 2, it really stands out, but with much better movies like Captain America, Iron Man, Avengers, and the Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 3 is a solid blockbuster that will make a killing in sales but will be forgotten in about a year. Expand
  56. Aug 3, 2013
    After The Avengers, it be comes difficult for Marvel to top such a success, fortunately Iron Man 3 delivers with a heavy blow and all the same genius that made its predecessors so great, even improving upon the last Iron Man.
  57. Jul 14, 2013
    Great movie. In my Digital Fine Arts class a discussion about why Tony Stark and Iron Man weren't separate characters. I disagreed with a Theater Major Stating that The story isn't really about Iron Man It was about Starks hobbies and job interfering with his Relationship with Pepper. Tony Stark isn't Iron man until he puts the suit on. It was embarrassing that a college theater majorGreat movie. In my Digital Fine Arts class a discussion about why Tony Stark and Iron Man weren't separate characters. I disagreed with a Theater Major Stating that The story isn't really about Iron Man It was about Starks hobbies and job interfering with his Relationship with Pepper. Tony Stark isn't Iron man until he puts the suit on. It was embarrassing that a college theater major wouldn't understand what a mask was!
    Director did a good job contrasting each relationship. Who is Superman P
  58. Jul 9, 2013
    While Iron Man 3 is a vast improvement over Iron Man 2, it still doesn't reach that level of enjoyment that the first film did. That doesn't mean it is a bad film, however, far from it. Its action, while scarcely present throughout that middle act, is very solid and the climactic final battle is more than satisfying. Robert Downey Jr. is still flawlessly cast as Tony Stark and he doesn'tWhile Iron Man 3 is a vast improvement over Iron Man 2, it still doesn't reach that level of enjoyment that the first film did. That doesn't mean it is a bad film, however, far from it. Its action, while scarcely present throughout that middle act, is very solid and the climactic final battle is more than satisfying. Robert Downey Jr. is still flawlessly cast as Tony Stark and he doesn't disappoint in this installment. The humor still shines and it is well executed by Shane Black.

It's a great summer blockbuster for the family. if you're a Marvel fan, this film should satisfy your hunger for fun comic book entertainment. If you are looking for a deeper, more serious installment to Tony Stark's story arc, you may be a tad disappointed. No matter what, Iron Man 3 flies high!
  59. Jul 4, 2013
    After the "Avengers", "Iron Man 3" can be seen as a step down, but is still engaging and fun to watch. With dazzling visual effects, it can sometimes mask the fact that its storyline isn't as well written as the first.
  60. Jul 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This was my most anticipated movie of 2013 and i have to say, it was a bit disappointing. The man in the iron suit is back for the third installment of this franchise, but is his return a victorious one or was it disappointing? For me, it wasn't victorious as I thought it would be, because this movie has a lot of problems. The poor use of the Extremis storyline was downfall for this film, their was no need for this storyline, they couldv'e just focused on the conflict between on Iron Man and Mandarin. Mandarin is my favorite villain from the Iron man comics and I was really excited on how were they going to present him, in this movie they had a twist about the mandarin's true identity, that twist was my biggest gripe for this movie, they revealed that mandarin was just an actor and guy pierce's character was the real one. I thought that they were just joking, I did not expect them to go on that direction, they shouldv'e just avoided that twist and just stayed true to the comics. The acting in this movie was fantastic, all of them did a good job, especially Robert Downey Jr. and the effexts looked great. This movie was not epic and dramatic as I thought it would be, because if you watched the trailers, then you know what I am talking about. Iron Man 3 was still a fun and good movie, the movie was nice start for Marvel's phase 2 and I am excited for their other movies, also hope that this will not be the last time that we'll see about Iron Man 3. I am going to give Iron Man 3 an 8/10. Expand
  61. Jul 2, 2013
    This was a pretty good movie im not gonna say great but it was still pretty exciting. I think some of the other iron mans were better. And I think they could have added a little more humor. But still an exciting movie.
  62. Jun 29, 2013
    Iron Man 3 was very complex movie, either to the first and second. Yet, it was one of the best in the sequel. Even though the battle was not that epic styled but it was one of the best.
  63. Jun 26, 2013
    As far as superhero movies go, the Iron Man franchise is up there. Iron man shows the world that you don't have to have been in a lab accident or bitten by a radioactive insect to be a super hero, but you will need several billion dollars!

As usual (and as you would expect), Robert Downey Jr is flawless in his portrayal of Tony Stark. Following the events of the Avengers movie, Downey Jr shows that stark is in fact human with his anxiety attacks and desperation to catch the bad guy. Great performances from Gwyneth Paltrow and Don Cheadle amplify the overall feel and viewer connectivity to the characters, and the casting of Ben Kingsley as The Mandarin is fantastic.

The plot is dynamic and doesn't feel as forced as the second movie did, although it is not quite up to the standard of the first. It is fast flowing as you would expect for a superhero movie and even has a twist or two throw in to catch you completely off guard. The action scenes are edge-of-seat stuff and it makes you feel for the characters when you need to. Its got all the humour that the previous movies have and then some, even making you laugh out loud when it wants you to.

In conclusion, one of the best superhero movies out there. Robert Downey Jr is one of the greatest casting choices to play a superhero and proves it yet again in this action packed and engaging movie.
  64. Jun 26, 2013
    A sarcastically humorous action movie that starts out a bit slow, but does eventually pick up. They did not follow the books, but it was still a good family movie and the graphics I have to say, were not bad either.
  65. Jun 25, 2013
    Pretty good flick. Lots of action and surprises. Great acting and a good story plot, but is he Iron Man any more or not? Guess you will have to go see it to decide for yourself. But there will be another Iron Man movie.
  66. Jun 25, 2013
    i love iron man movies, but i feel they take these super movies and try to really go over the top with special effects trying to outdo the last one. There is no way in reality for a man to jump and a suit join to him, see it's nonsense, that's what spoils it. I think they could have made a better movie if it would have been a more simple one but smart.
  67. Jun 24, 2013
    In my opinion, the ending of a movie can make or break the experience. Up until the ending, Iron Man 3 was just outstanding. It was exactly the movie I had come to see, full of action, humor, and classic scenes. However, the ending was terrible. The final act of the movie was just full of plot holes, impractical actions, and the very end in particular completely defeats the whole plot ofIn my opinion, the ending of a movie can make or break the experience. Up until the ending, Iron Man 3 was just outstanding. It was exactly the movie I had come to see, full of action, humor, and classic scenes. However, the ending was terrible. The final act of the movie was just full of plot holes, impractical actions, and the very end in particular completely defeats the whole plot of Iron Man 2. It's a great movie and a must see, however the ending just bombs. It's definitely better than Iron Man 2, but not as good as the original Iron Man. Expand
  68. Jun 21, 2013
    I think out of all of the Iron Man movies, this was the best. This was a movie I would watch again tomorrow. Everything was good. The acting was good and the scenes were all good.
    The action was right up there to where you kept in your seat.
    I was never bored in the movie and I enjoyed the ending as you should. We went and saw World War Z and that movie was not good at all. Iron man
    The action was right up there to where you kept in your seat.
    I was never bored in the movie and I enjoyed the ending as you should.

We went and saw World War Z and that movie was not good at all. Iron man killed Brad Pitt.
  69. Jun 20, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Iron man 3 is a good film. That is probably enough to say about it but unfortunately that can't be the last of it. This film could be a ten if the director didnt have the mandarin twist. Also it tries to be funny but ultimately isn't. Ok the action scenes are intense and exciting but no where near the level as the first movie. Expand
  70. Jun 17, 2013
    Iron Man 3 is extremely exciting, with great action sequences and a good plot, but it isn't better than the first one, but better than the second, but although there are some glitches here and there but still you can pass them away easily and enjoy the ride!
  71. Jun 17, 2013
    Fantastic. I loved this movie. Now that I have seen them both I can honestly say I like this movie better than man of steel. This movie had comedy. A good directed that knew what he was doing. And it had a lot of great action that wasn't to over the top. So basically the opposite of Man of steel. I thought this was a great movie that is good for the whole family. Don't listen to all thoseFantastic. I loved this movie. Now that I have seen them both I can honestly say I like this movie better than man of steel. This movie had comedy. A good directed that knew what he was doing. And it had a lot of great action that wasn't to over the top. So basically the opposite of Man of steel. I thought this was a great movie that is good for the whole family. Don't listen to all those bandwagon mandarin fans. Go see this movie. Enjoy, laugh, eat some popcorn. I will say though. Their are some big twists in the movie. Some that I thought were way funny that they did. Some that I was kinda sad about. Still, go see it. I think you will enjoy Expand
  72. Jun 16, 2013
    I attended the midnight showing of Iron Man 3 and received satisfaction from a movie with a good plot outline, entertaining fight scenes that were planned out with technique, and Robert Downey Jr.'s ability to lift the crowd's humor with his sarcastic and very believable role as Tony Stark. All in all, except for a few ending tweaks of disappointment, it was an entertaining movie.
  73. Jun 16, 2013
    This movie rocks, and I am writing this after watching Man of Steel (a mega disappointment). This one is so much better than that at every level. The special effects rock see the way the suit clings to him and sometimes throws him offguard, also the climax is awesome. The acting rocks RDJ is clearly the master of his game here and others chip in with superb performances too. The story,This movie rocks, and I am writing this after watching Man of Steel (a mega disappointment). This one is so much better than that at every level. The special effects rock see the way the suit clings to him and sometimes throws him offguard, also the climax is awesome. The acting rocks RDJ is clearly the master of his game here and others chip in with superb performances too. The story, screenplay and dialogues rock it sounds like how normal people speak and is laced with subtle humor at all places. Most importantly, the film has soul and connects with people, rather than being crash-boom-bang without any purpose. If you haven't seen it, you're clearly missing one of the best films of 2013. Expand
  74. Jun 16, 2013
    this is one of the films that I expected more in the year 2013, the action was there but has lost its freshness of the first film.
    two things disappointed me: Mandarin and the end of the film that left me unsatisfied
  75. Jun 15, 2013
    Pretty split audiences' reaction towards this movie, which is a shame really considering the amount of work and care they took to maintain the Marvel's movie standard. A big task to follow up on one of the biggest movie franchise to date but the team behind Iron Man 3 took it as a challenge instead of an obstacle and simply went the other way and focus on the smaller stuff instead ofPretty split audiences' reaction towards this movie, which is a shame really considering the amount of work and care they took to maintain the Marvel's movie standard. A big task to follow up on one of the biggest movie franchise to date but the team behind Iron Man 3 took it as a challenge instead of an obstacle and simply went the other way and focus on the smaller stuff instead of trying to match the big spectacle before it. There are some big set-pieces that holds true to the capabilities of Marvel universe in putting you in awe but the remainders of the movie leans much more closer to a spy-thriller than the usual superhero cliches. It is not a bad thing at all to take a new direction but excluding myself, audiences might feel differently towards the risks taken in this movie, especially with that one big twist.
    Truth be told, the original canon is not suitable to be adapted in this day and age, with their aim in extending the Avengers movie franchise that's treading carefully between the 'real world' and the 'supernatural elements'. That being said, I thoroughly enjoyed watching this movie in 3D and loving every minute of it, including the end-credit scene which is bumming me out that it's just a playful scene but not doing much to extend this universe. Not perfect, but certainly one of the best to date!
  76. Jun 15, 2013
    Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes RDJ you never fail me. This movie was incredible....action packed.....funny and watchable oh yeh and a marvel movie. This movie got slack for its very unexpected twist which made me cry from laughter it's just sooo good to have an action movie that doesn't take everything so goddamn serious....DC
  77. Jun 11, 2013
    Everything I want from a summer blockbuster: Drama, romance, comedy, craaaazy plot-twists, great performances...and action. Action galore. Probably my favorite Marvel film to date...even above The Avengers.
  78. Jun 11, 2013
    May is the starting month for summer blockbusters. "Iron Man 3" is the first one for this season and it does not let down. Rather than being a tie in to the other "Iron Man" films and "The Avengers," this Iron Man stands out completely on its own in merit. To summarize the overall plot of the new Iron Man, it is basically about the champ down on his luck who needs a comeback. Tony Stark'sMay is the starting month for summer blockbusters. "Iron Man 3" is the first one for this season and it does not let down. Rather than being a tie in to the other "Iron Man" films and "The Avengers," this Iron Man stands out completely on its own in merit. To summarize the overall plot of the new Iron Man, it is basically about the champ down on his luck who needs a comeback. Tony Stark's new nemesis is a mysterious terrorist known as the Mandarin, played in an out-of-character role by Ben Kingsley. After obliterating Stark's home and crippling his iron suits, Stark is forced on his own to survive and try to figure out a way to thwart the enemy's plans. We expect Stark to win and we know he will…he's Iron Man after all. Nevertheless, we want to see how he will triumph over his foes. A frequently overused plot device, it still somehow works and makes an intriguing movie.

Things are often predictable (as in most superhero flicks), but there are also some nice surprises. I thank Shane Black for his contribution as both writer and director for the movie. Jon Favreau is still in the picture as producer and Stark's trusting bodyguard Happy Hogan. Don Cheadle and Gwyneth Paltrow reprise their roles as Colonel Rhodes and Pepper Potts. Paltrow particularly breaks the norm from the typical damsel in distress and makes a stand with a fiery intensity. Guy Pearce and Rebecca Hall step in as new characters, and both seem to be just having fun with their roles (perhaps too much in some scenes).

The film moves at a steady pace. The action and humor is abundant. The VFX is meticulously impressive. The characters are solid. There is nothing more I can ask for in the big budget Super hero flick. "Iron Man 3" kicks off the summer season so far with a smashing success. I hope that "Star Trek Into Darkness" does as well later this month.
  79. Jun 11, 2013
    Iron Man was a charismatic surprise that mingled a feel good origin story with a great central performance from Robert Downey. The second Iron Man, while a bit of a mess, still had Downey coupled with an underused but solid Mickey Rourke. Iron Man 3 falls somewhere between.

Meandering between some fantastic (but mostly already seen thanks to an overly showey trailer campaign) set pieces and some nice character moments, Iron Man 3 is always watchable. But the pace of the movie seems every so slightly off. Big scenes feel rushed through, while other, less pivotal scenes get too much screen time.

The twists are also far too obvious and not just because of the generous trailers. Even without knowing much about the Iron Man comics, the various plot turns are sign posted miles ahead. And a few are pointless, adding no drama or intrigue.

One of the bigger (and more controversial it would seem) is the mandarin character. I enjoyed Ben Kingslys performance but I get why some fans may have felt let down this is likely the last Iron Man movie with Downey and a more straight approach could have yielded some great face to face moments between Tony Starke and the Mandarin. Guy Pearces bad guy isnt bad, but lacks the colour and presence to match the Mandarin.

Still, Iron Man 3 is still one of the better comic book movies. Maybe not as joyfully silly as Avengers or as deep as Dark Knight, its a good conclusion to the Iron Man series (if that remains the case)
  80. Jun 9, 2013
    Not as great as I was expecting it to be, but it was still a good and fun battle with the fan-favorite Ironman. Robert Downey Jr. is of course phenomenal, as he and Ironman/Tony Stark seem truly to be one and the same. Everyone else is superb as well. The reason this did not score higher for me is that there were, one, a some plot holes and, two, there are a bunch of big questions left onNot as great as I was expecting it to be, but it was still a good and fun battle with the fan-favorite Ironman. Robert Downey Jr. is of course phenomenal, as he and Ironman/Tony Stark seem truly to be one and the same. Everyone else is superb as well. The reason this did not score higher for me is that there were, one, a some plot holes and, two, there are a bunch of big questions left on the table that had me feeling as if I was jipped because those questions were left unanswered by the time the credits started rolling. Expand
  81. Jun 8, 2013
    It's an enjoyable movie, yet somewhat predictable. Robert Downey Jr. was great as Tony Stark/Ironman yet again. The villains weren't anything special and the ending could have been better. But I liked the whole Tony/Pepper dynamic and the action sequences were good. Overall, I would say it's fairly light on plot, but with solid action and acting, it isn't a bad movie. It isn't great,It's an enjoyable movie, yet somewhat predictable. Robert Downey Jr. was great as Tony Stark/Ironman yet again. The villains weren't anything special and the ending could have been better. But I liked the whole Tony/Pepper dynamic and the action sequences were good. Overall, I would say it's fairly light on plot, but with solid action and acting, it isn't a bad movie. It isn't great, but it is enjoyable. Expand
  82. Jun 8, 2013
    This movie was awesome the best out of the series. It had a great story line and great action. The humor was also great I found myself laughing at everything. The best part though from my perspective) was the best. I love this movie I can't wait till it comes out on DVD so I can watch it when ever I want. U have to see it.
  83. Jun 7, 2013
    It was Ok, not great, but Ok. Seemed to be really reaching to try and capture the Iron Man feeling from the first couple movies and the Avengers. Don't know where they go from here, but it will take a pretty good hook to get me interested in seeing the next one.
  84. Jun 7, 2013
    Marvel Cinematic Universe ‘Phase Two’ has kicked off with the third installment of Iron Man. Iron Man 3 follows in the wake of movies like The Dark Knight trilogy and The Amazing Spider-Man delivering a far darker and more serious-toned movie than its predecessors. The director baton has been passed from Jon Favreau to Shane Black, who has a history working with Robert Downey Jr. on theMarvel Cinematic Universe ‘Phase Two’ has kicked off with the third installment of Iron Man. Iron Man 3 follows in the wake of movies like The Dark Knight trilogy and The Amazing Spider-Man delivering a far darker and more serious-toned movie than its predecessors. The director baton has been passed from Jon Favreau to Shane Black, who has a history working with Robert Downey Jr. on the cult favorite Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. Shane Black balances the darker tone of the film by injecting his signature off-the-wall dialogue that is expertly delivered by Robert Downey Jr. Although all of the jokes don’t land, the majority do, making the latest installment of Iron Man the funniest yet.
    Iron Man 3 opens with a flashback to 1999, narrated by a present-day Tony Stark, that introduces a pre-Iron Man Tony Stark creating his “own demons” as he blows off budding scientist and super-nerd Aldrich Killian (Guy Pearce) for a one-night fling with brilliant biologist Maya Hansen (Rebecca Hall) who is on the verge of developing a technology to repair damaged cells if only she could figure out how to stop the unfortunate side effect of spontaneous combustion.
    Jumping back to present day it becomes readily apparent that Tony is having trouble coping with the aftermath of New York and the existence of aliens, other worlds, and Norse gods. Tony’s PTSD leads to many sleepless nights and the creation of numerous Iron Man armor variants. Several other familiar faces make an appearance including Pepper Potts (Gwyneth Paltrow), Tony’s now live-in girlfriend and head of Stark Industries, Happy Hogan (Jon Favreau), now Head of Security at Stark Industries, and Col. James Rhodes (Don Cheadle), who along with a new paint job has become the Iron Patriot.
    When super-terrorist, the Mandarin (Ben Kingsley), responsible for multiple bombings against the United States, seriously injures Happy in a bombing, things get personal for Tony Stark. Tony issues a public warning to the Mandarin, threatening revenge and even going as far as to taunt him with his home address if the Mandarin is man enough to take him on his own turf. The Mandarin takes him up in his offer with a helicopter raid on Stark’s beach-side mansion. This is the film’s first big action scene and is beautifully intense, especially in IMAX 3D, and proves that Shane Black is a versatile director capable of delivering high-speed, over-the-top action sequences expected from blockbuster comic book films.
    Following the attack on Stark’s mansion, Tony is a little out of his element, having to take on the Mandarin and his accomplices, a now suave Aldrich Killian and souped-up soldiers Savin (James Badge Dale) and Brandt (Stephanie Szostak), without the aid of his Iron Man suits or billion dollar bank account. This is the heart of the movie where we see Tony lose much of his self-centered egotism without sacrificing the humor that comes with it. In fact there is quite a lot of banter between Stark and Tennessee adolescent, Harley Keener (Ty Simpkins), who aides Tony with the use of his long-gone father’s old workshop.
    Despite being an overall enjoyable movie-going experience, Iron Man suffers from several setbacks. The most apparent being the humorous pieces of Shane Black’s that fall short and instead come off as cheesy. The second being the sheer number of Iron Man armor variants, all of which seem to be self-autonomous which raises the question “If Tony Stark can create an army of Iron Man suits that can fight for themselves why put himself in harm’s way?” Lastly is the direction taken in a particular scene toward the middle of the film, which I won’t reveal to save you from any spoilers, which can either make the movie for some or in my case leave one with a sense of underwhelming. That being said the film is certainly worth the watch and will have you wondering where Marvel will take Tony Stark/Iron Man in future films.

Check www.moviemikereviews.com for more reviews and news.
  85. Jun 7, 2013
    I think it was better than the second but not the first iron man. It kind of confused me about the whole mandarin villain but, the graphics and special effects were successful and the movie had a good story. The most exciting part of the movie was definitely the ending, it could have been a lot better if it had more action and they really should of fixed the mandarin situation. Overall itI think it was better than the second but not the first iron man. It kind of confused me about the whole mandarin villain but, the graphics and special effects were successful and the movie had a good story. The most exciting part of the movie was definitely the ending, it could have been a lot better if it had more action and they really should of fixed the mandarin situation. Overall it was a great movie. Expand
  86. Jun 5, 2013
    Really Really Really Really LOVE this movie. I wasn't getting the whole Iron Man hype, and when I went to see the midnight screening of this, I wasn't sure to expect. THEY WENT MASSIVE WITH IT. Honestly, Its such a great movie that left me thinking about it for days. The action and explosions were insane and the story was actually pretty great. LOVE it a lot. watch it, even if you dontReally Really Really Really LOVE this movie. I wasn't getting the whole Iron Man hype, and when I went to see the midnight screening of this, I wasn't sure to expect. THEY WENT MASSIVE WITH IT. Honestly, Its such a great movie that left me thinking about it for days. The action and explosions were insane and the story was actually pretty great. LOVE it a lot. watch it, even if you dont like Iron Man! Expand
  87. Jun 4, 2013
    Some might argue that Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr) is more himself in this film than in any of his others. I unfortunately am not one of them and while Iron Man 3 is a solid film, it doesn't really fell like Iron Man was even in it. The plot revolves around what happens when a close friend of Tony's is caught up in a terror attack orchestrated by a villain called The Mandarin (BenSome might argue that Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr) is more himself in this film than in any of his others. I unfortunately am not one of them and while Iron Man 3 is a solid film, it doesn't really fell like Iron Man was even in it. The plot revolves around what happens when a close friend of Tony's is caught up in a terror attack orchestrated by a villain called The Mandarin (Ben Kingsley). Tony heads on a journey of vengeance and re discovery as those he left behind are targeted in his stead. Like the Avengers did, Iron Man 3 takes a large portion of its opening to re-introduce the characters in Tony's world from Gwyneth Paltrow's Pepper Potts to Don Cheadle's James 'Rhodie' Rhodes, but unlike The Avengers it drags. The labored opening gives way to a 2nd act so fantastically funny it doesn't seem to belong to the same film. Shane Black brings his signature black comedy to the Iron Man universe and while making this world a lot more interesting than Iron Man 2 it does remove that familiar Stark feel. In fact it feels more like Harry Lockhart (also played by Downey in Shane Blacks's Kiss Kiss Bang Bang) has replaced the troubled hero with his own overly narcissistic, sarcastic and all around vulgar self. The only character who seems to maintain their identity in this film is Rhodie who is just as fun loving as he was in Iron Man 2. In fact the replacement of Terrence Howard for Don Cheadle has proven pretty successful as he is much more accessible a character now. The main detractor from Iron Man 3 is that it doesn't really feel like the Iron Man from The Avengers or Iron Man, he seems to be just as likable but this film doesn't really live up to the character that has been built over the span of 4 films. Another problem is that the film relies heavily on the relationship between Stark and Potts and Gwyneth Paltrow just seems bored this time around. Her scenes drag, her delivery is flat and she doesn't put any effort in. The middle section which coincidentally is almost Paltrow free allows Downey to shine with the whip smart dialog and the introduction of a small boy named Harley (Ty Simpkins) is ingenious because he is almost a mini Stark but with a little more compassion. They interact in an almost brotherly way and you really understand why these two interact so well, they are both really well fleshed out and both deliver some killer lines (Simpkins has one line that is so completely unexpected and hilarious it almost makes up for the slow open). Iron Man 3 while chock full of action is ultimately a comedy film with a very lighthearted tone. The film flounders when the jokes aren't flying so even the action, which looks fantastic, is lacking something. The finale shows that Black can direct a big budget actioner but it just seems like a little too much for a film that feels like a stand alone but is trying to be a conclusion of a trilogy. Finally despite the great Downey performance the best comes from Kingsley who is not only the perfect villain but has a chameleon quality that allows him to be anyone, if anything you should go to see it for him and him alone. Expand
  88. Jun 4, 2013
    "Iron Man 3 is bold, daring, brilliant and easily the best adventure yet. Darker in tone and more prone to high-tech, this sequel is by far the most impressive Marvel film i have ever seen and possibly one of the best superhero films ever to be released." A-
  89. Jun 3, 2013
    Definitely Iron Man's strongest outing on the big screen yet. This is a darker, yet more comedic take on the superhero we have all come to love. It also features Downey's greatest performance in the suit to date. The plot itself is not meant to be taken seriously. Iron Man is no Dark Knight, and directer Shane Black is more than aware of that. A great Iron Man movie, and a good addition toDefinitely Iron Man's strongest outing on the big screen yet. This is a darker, yet more comedic take on the superhero we have all come to love. It also features Downey's greatest performance in the suit to date. The plot itself is not meant to be taken seriously. Iron Man is no Dark Knight, and directer Shane Black is more than aware of that. A great Iron Man movie, and a good addition to Marvel's ever growing big-screen lore. Expand
  90. Jun 2, 2013
    You can be the most arrogant man in the world parading around with your money, telling the National guard to suck it...Bud when you Get Pummeled by a God, Fix an invisible ship, and warp into outer space to save the world, you might get knocked down a peg or two ...

Iron Man 3 I guess now that I am reviewing this I am going to have to review the entire trilogy so be ready for

Iron Man 3

I guess now that I am reviewing this I am going to have to review the entire trilogy so be ready for Those Posts. So to me this movie is a sequel of two movies, Iron Man, and the Avengers. Why, because the Director, Shane Black is smart and he understands that that bore fest Iron Man 2 Never existed. So let us get on with the review of the movie that launched our SUMMER BLOCKBUSTER SEASON!!!

Cast and Crew

Iron Man 3 stars Robert Downey Jr., Gwyeth Paltrow, Don Cheadle, Guy Peirce, and Ben Kingsley. The movie is Directed by Shane Black, the mind behind Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, Lethal Weapon 2, and The Screenplay writer of "Last Action Hero" ....

Well he wrote the Screenplay, he didn't direct the Last Action Hero. Shane Black is more known for his quick and smart dialogue. This is a style that you would understand if you watch "Kiss Kiss Bang Bang" (I recommend it). So how did Shane Black handle the summer Epic? Pretty well. The Directer worked with Downy Jr. Before and knows how to utilize the guy. The Cast is Phenomenal with Don Cheadle doing a much better job as the Iron Patriot. As a fan service, he still sees himself as a war machine....ooooh speaking of fan service. I'll save that part for later :D

The Story
    Iron Man 3 is the story of Tony Stark post Avengers incident. Tony is left legitimately frightened after the incident in New York city that changes his life. Tony is left to his thoughts when a terrorist who calls himself the Manderine starts attacking LA. Now Tony has to face the Maderine while trying to battle with his own demons.
    That is the story and the story is great but there is an issue within the story that will inevitably divide the fans of this movie. Many who watched the movie know exactly what I am talking about but since the problem didn't piss me off to the core I will not spoil it. Of course I will have to create a retrospective post where I will get spoilerific about this movie. The story is good. It is exiting, Iron man is faced with a real threat and while you aren't left thinking "how the hell is Tony going to win?" you do still feel that he is facing a real and dangerous threat.

Presentation
    The Special effects and acting in this film is great. This is mostly due to the fact that Shane Black Utilizes a lot of Tony Stark in this film. This movie really brings the audience closer to the type of individual Tony is and I really liked that about this film. The Direction pulled out all the stops to show that these movies are not all about a CGI tin man that can fly, it is about Tony Stark. The performances are great and the movie makes good with showing you this. My only problem with the presentation was the inability to demonstrate certain things in a light that won't piss off the fans. I have a feeling I know where the story because of my knowledge of the franchise and its film adaptation. However, liberties were taken that make me fully understand that fans will be pissed and that all falls in the hands of the presentation.

The Rating
    After going to the theater to see this I am totally pumped for the summer season. Iron Man 3 has its problems has its problems but totally outshines part 2, and in some instances the first instalment as well. I still don't agree with some of the choices and chances the movie takes but those choices actually benefited the film. Angry Fans, all can say is remember Iron Man because the first instalment took liberties and facilitated in cheap propaganda. The ending was even a bit anti-climactic as well. this movie was well structured well played, and well presented and it was a totally fun watch. I am a stickler for source material so that will definitely knock this movie down a peg from being delicious. Iron Man 3 was certainly a tasty treat and

Great Tasting

91. Jun 1, 2013
    this is one blockbuster comic book movie that actually felt a bit left field at times. maybe its a strength. i really enjoyed the pepper side plot and the one with the boy makes sense.
  92. May 31, 2013
    I would say that this is my favorite Iron Man movie. Yes, the twist pissed me off, but I'm still trying to get over it. I'm not a big fan of the mark 42 suit, but I feel like it fits very well into this movie. Please don't hate this movie because of the plot twist.
  93. May 30, 2013
    The Mandarin idea was an interesting choice for a country that is in fear of terrorism. The interpseudoism that scares the viewer into believing a terrorist attack is possible is clearly a retention method. Consumption keeps the economy revolving.
  94. May 29, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Good movie but still a dissapointment to the end of a fantastic trilogy.theres some great action sequences towards the end(even though theres not many throughout the movie).villains are far fetched and the worst of them all is that the mandarin is built up to be this evil,sick terrorist and that excited audiences because he was different to the past villains in the trilogy(he didnt wear an iron suit) but when he turns out to be nothing more than just an actor working for killians company.that was a massive letdown.also they spend too much time on tony stark rebuilding his life and fixing his suit(which i think is a very ugly suit aswell).still a must see for the action itself because in a way it is spectacular and iron man finatics are sure to be satisfied! Expand
  95. May 27, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This part is second best from trilogy, after 1st. Whole movie is about Tony Stark not the Iron Man. This change made movie look less superhero and showed us much more jokes and funny atmosphere. The trick with villain was really something, I haven t expected such thing.

So movie is easy watching and you can laugh during watch, don t expect much from it. But considering that this is last part, I am bit disappointed.
  96. May 26, 2013
    It' not a 10, but i give this vote because some gave 1 or 0. It's a good movie, RDJ is amazing. Probably nerd people will not like it because it's not so damn nerd like the comic version of Extremis Saga, but IMHO it's better. It's a movie, not a comic. People forgot that this film talks about Tony's trip, not about a beard man with 10 super ring and a sword (thanks Wikipedia).
  97. May 25, 2013
    This is now one of my most favorite movies of all time! Iron Man is my favorite Marvel hero, besides Wolverine, and this was the best of them all! Going to see it again, this time in 3D!
  98. May 25, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I've heard a lot of mixed reviews about Iron Man 3 so I was a little concerned going into the theater. However, in my opinion the movie was outstanding. The cast and characters were fantastic just like the first two and the plot developed well and, unlike the first two, didn't have so many plot holes. The villain was thankfully not a robot and had some depth as well, which was one of the biggest things Iron Man 2 lacked. There was also plenty of humor, actually, there was more humor than the first two combined and almost all of it felt well timed and fit into the flow of the film. There were a few jokes or quips that felt forced but for the most part there were a lot of laughs to go around. The only real area of weakness for the movie were the overpowered villains. *SPOILER* The villains were so OP it made watching certain battle sequences a little ridiculous. It shouldn't take several Mark suits to take out one of the villains henchmen. And like in the second film, their powers have a limited range (whip in part 2, the need to touch you in this one) so them being capable of going toe-to-toe, let alone overtake a Mark suit was kind of a joke. Nonetheless, the movie was fantastic and these weaker elements, while they sound like a big deal here, are really easy to look past. Expand
  99. May 25, 2013
    IRON MAN 3

Iron Man 3 stars Robert Downey Jr., Guy Pearce, Gwyneth Paltrow, Don Cheadle and Ben Kingsley. Shane Black has taken over as the director instead of Jon Favreau in this installment of the series. This film starts out at a fairly slower pace than the previous two, but builds as it goes and keeps getting better. In this one, Tony Stark (Downey Jr.) is called upon by the
    IRON MAN 3

In this one, Tony Stark (Downey Jr.) is called upon by the public to deal with a sinister terrorist who calls himself Mandarin (Kingsley). At the same time, Stark struggles with extreme anxiety attacks as he tries to deal with the recent events of saving mankind from the other worldly villains in The Avengers.
    The acting was top notch. Robert Downey Jr. was great as always, and spends more time out of his Iron Man suit in this one than the previous two Iron Man films. Guy Pearce was a good addition to the series. He was a perfect villain and was fun to hate. Ben Kingsley, easily one of the greatest actors of our time, was amazing in this film. He will most definitely take you by surprise and his performance alone makes this movie worth seeing.

The action and special effects were great. The story, although slow at times, was interesting, had great comic relief and a big payoff at the end.

Go see this movie if you liked any of the other Marvel Comics movies such as Thor, The Avengers or the other two Iron Man movies. Whether or not you see it in 3D, you'll enjoy this one.

My grade for this film: A

Also, be sure to stay all the way through the credits.

To view my grading scale, go to: facebook.com/CriticWes
    To view my movie blog, go to: http://www.mix93.com/pages/16393587.php?
  100. May 25, 2013
    I Liked it I thought the twist and how it ended was strange but I still enjoyed it very much. I hope Iron man is back in Avengers 2.I guess for now we wait to see where Iron Man Movies go from here.

1. Reviewed by: Matt Zoller Seitz
    Jun 11, 2013
    Iron Man 3 builds on the first film's political cynicism by suggesting that politicians and arms dealers dream up foreign policy crises to consolidate power and make money, but it doesn't develop this notion in detail, because if it did, the audience would tune out.
  2. Reviewed by: Peter Rainer
    May 3, 2013
    The action, directed by Shane Black, ranges from passable to interminable. The plot goes from clang to bang. Downey Jr. is still the best thing about this series.
    At least this time "Goopy" Paltrow gets to perform a few superheroics herself, along with enduring some heavy-duty torture that’s bound to please her haters — for whom the sight of the top of her face being peeled off in "Contagion" was like Christmas in July.