MCA/Universal Home Video | Release Date: April 18, 1986
5.6
Mixed or average reviews based on 23 Ratings
Watch Now
imthenoobOct 12, 2018
The design is awesome and Curry does a great job as Darkness but there is no story here. It's so bare, It doesn't even feel like you're watching a movie. And mainly because barely any dialogue is spoken for long periods of time. This movie isThe design is awesome and Curry does a great job as Darkness but there is no story here. It's so bare, It doesn't even feel like you're watching a movie. And mainly because barely any dialogue is spoken for long periods of time. This movie is very much a guilty pleasure for those that enjoy it, It's just not a good movie at all. Expand
AgentZSep 17, 2019
Beyond weird, excruciatingly boring, atrociously paced, and atrociously acted. I cannot believe this movie actually got made. When I watch-streamed this whole entire movie online for free I felt like I was on an acid trip. Tom Cruise and MiaBeyond weird, excruciatingly boring, atrociously paced, and atrociously acted. I cannot believe this movie actually got made. When I watch-streamed this whole entire movie online for free I felt like I was on an acid trip. Tom Cruise and Mia Sara's acting was atrocious and beyond cringe-worthy (I usually hate the word "cringe", but this is one of those rare times where it's necessary to say). Some of the other actors' (the ones who played Jack's allies) acting was atrocious too and the movie was so boring I fell asleep through parts of the film.

The Shakespeareanlike dialogue was atrocious and extremely cringe-worthy. I cannot believe Tom Cruise read the script and agreed to star in this atrocity. One of the worst, worst acted, and most boring movies I have ever watched in my entire life. Legend is the weirdest movie I have ever seen. I cannot believe Ridley Scott directed this garbage.

Tom Cruise and Mia Sara read their lines at a second grade level. Most of the acting in this movie is even worse than the acting in the Star Wars Prequel Trilogy. The only saving grace of this film is Tim Curry as Darkness a.k.a. Satan. Tim Curry is the only (or maybe one of the very few) actor whose acting was solid in this film. The two lead actors' (who played the good ones) acting was so horrendous to the point where I rooted for the Devil to win.