Columbia Pictures | Release Date: March 16, 1990
Generally favorable reviews based on 8 Ratings
Watch Now
Buy on
JLuis_001May 10, 2022
More than 30 years after its release and 57 years since the first adaptation, this film feels surprisingly inferior.

It's ironic, but the execution of the plot feels disconnected, almost robotic, especially because even though if you know the story beforehand, the build-up to its path seems careless and uninteresting.

As I said about the first adaptation, the most important part of this story is its message, and the message will work one way or another when everything in the film has been constructed with that intention.
However, there's a total lack of effort from the director to make the experience relevant enough, despite the fact that it was not going to feel innovative at all.

That was crucial for the malfunctioning of this film.
DogeGamer2015May 16, 2021
Es una película muy buena y entretenida; la trama es buena, los escenarios de la isla son preciosos y las actuaciones de los niños son excelentes; está muy infravalorada; la recomiendo mucho.
RogueOneBestMay 24, 2021
This movie very good I love the inclusion of the pilot I was extreamly sad he was not in the book and he is the best character in the movie he adds so much development to the other characters. But this movie does have problems for exampleThis movie very good I love the inclusion of the pilot I was extreamly sad he was not in the book and he is the best character in the movie he adds so much development to the other characters. But this movie does have problems for example they could just eat piggy to survive and also this movie copied the conjuring when the tree burnt down it was in the exact shape of the conjuring tree but still greatest movie I have ever seen ALSO can we talk about the actors I don't understand why this movie dident win any Oscars the child the actors are amazing I have never been so convinced it honostly makes me cry Expand