Warner Bros. Pictures | Release Date: February 12, 1999
6.7
Generally favorable reviews based on 24 Ratings
Watch Now
bjcSep 13, 2006
The book was better, but the movie was still wonderful. A tender romance story, with a very sad ending. The characters are endearing, and mesh well. I hope more movies are made like this.
1 of 1 users found this helpful
JessicaK.Nov 9, 2008
I thought the movie was a lovely romance. It is actually about a lie, but if you think about it almost everyone starts their relationships off as a lie. Do to pepole being so guarded in their ways. I thought it was romantic and although the I thought the movie was a lovely romance. It is actually about a lie, but if you think about it almost everyone starts their relationships off as a lie. Do to pepole being so guarded in their ways. I thought it was romantic and although the ending was sad it was still a great movie. Expand
1 of 1 users found this helpful
LULUMay 28, 2011
This film describes one of the most sensibles love stories ever to be told. It combines the struggle between the past and the present of a man that wants to punish himself for the misfortune he had with his lost wife. With no hope, helped byThis film describes one of the most sensibles love stories ever to be told. It combines the struggle between the past and the present of a man that wants to punish himself for the misfortune he had with his lost wife. With no hope, helped by his father, agrees to take a chance with a possible new love, Teresa, a very smart and sensible journalist. The dialog between the characters is breathtaking, the pauses are so intense, it feels so real, as if this is not a film, but indeed the scene of life, where emotions are mixed and the result is always unpredictable. Message in a bottle is about acceptance, about opening your heart after a terrible loss, about forgiveness and appreciation of love and destiny.
I have seen Message in a bottle every year and it seems every time even better then the last.