Magnolia Pictures | Release Date: October 9, 2019
9.8
Universal acclaim based on 18 Ratings
Watch Now
LudicDespairOct 9, 2019
A lot of lazy critics dismissing this as political satire, but it's much more a meditation on a particularly American form of masculine failure and self-delusion. 5 bags of comedy washed down with 2 sodas of pathos.
KeyserscottOct 9, 2019
Pay no attention to the so-called "Critic Reviews". This is a love letter to the On Cinema universe and understandably a hard pill to swallow for those that like there films spoon-fed. If you are in on the joke, this is the culmination ofPay no attention to the so-called "Critic Reviews". This is a love letter to the On Cinema universe and understandably a hard pill to swallow for those that like there films spoon-fed. If you are in on the joke, this is the culmination of years of character progression into the height of self-delusion. Luckily, Tim's ever present foil, Gregg, is there to even out the lunacy of a man triggered by fringe politics, nutrition, and terrible EDM music. Expand
BestromOct 9, 2019
It's amazing how far Heidecker and Turkington have gotten with the On Cinema world. Truly a work of genius. What started as a simple satirical podcast about movies has now grown into something huge and magical.
jfabOct 9, 2019
5 bags and a roll of paper towels for Tiny Toni to clean up Tim's toxic tantrum.
MeggoMuffinOct 9, 2019
Excellent movie, particularly for anyone enmeshed in the strange yet incredible On Cinema universe. However, this isn’t only accessible to On Cinema Heads. Too bad the rating scale isn’t in bags of popcorn, because this is a bonafide five bagger!
pendagastjOct 10, 2019
What a treat for On Cinema Freaks! 5 bags of popcorn, two sodas. I love this universe and this movie is a hilarious deeper dive into this brilliant comedy world.
echelon998Oct 10, 2019
easily the best movie since the hobbit. These critics don’t understand art.
GodsoezOct 9, 2019
Simultaneously a small movie and an incredible achievement. A must-see if you're an On Cinema fan (obviously), but even if you're new to this world, it's one of the funniest character studies I've seen in years. I'd say go watch On CinemaSimultaneously a small movie and an incredible achievement. A must-see if you're an On Cinema fan (obviously), but even if you're new to this world, it's one of the funniest character studies I've seen in years. I'd say go watch On Cinema first, if you have a few hundred hours to kill, as it's maybe the most(accidentally) ambitious, impressively-scoped comedic projects of our lifetime, but regardless - I highly recommend Mister America. Expand
ToshiroMifuneOct 10, 2019
Hey guys! I give this one 5 bags and a fat piece of breakfast pie. Bit of a shame that the VFA footage didn't make the final cut. Seriously though, are not we living in a time when crafting your own bombastic narrative to present to theHey guys! I give this one 5 bags and a fat piece of breakfast pie. Bit of a shame that the VFA footage didn't make the final cut. Seriously though, are not we living in a time when crafting your own bombastic narrative to present to the outside world is worth far more than facts, or trusting any advice or expertise or doing any hard work whatsoever? Expand
kaitlinteresaOct 10, 2019
Rating: 5 bags of popcorn + a 36-pack of bud light + a few bottles of yellow tail red wine + an American flag :) This is a hilarious must-see for anyone who appreciates the genius of Tim Heidecker's and Gregg Turkington's On Cinema universe.
DJKenterOct 10, 2019
this movie is a five bagger if I've ever seen one. an excellent addition to the lore of the On Cinema-verse.
ChipyTrikeOct 11, 2019
VERY good film!!1 Not anything like the usual liberal hollywoood TRASH that comes out these days. Who's that beta with the hat and film archive again? WEAK man and a very sad person, believe me!
YuzucchiOct 13, 2019
This is a six bagger, a rare feat of cinematic history. Only a real film buff can appreciate this documentary about film expert and all-things cinema connaisseur, Gregg Turkington.
VFA_ArchivistOct 16, 2019
Mister America is a wonderful, objective, journalistic look into the twisted, and frankly, if I may, sick mind of schemer Tim Heidecker. Thank you Josh and crew for exposing Tim's hypocrisy and disrespect for the judicial system, movies andMister America is a wonderful, objective, journalistic look into the twisted, and frankly, if I may, sick mind of schemer Tim Heidecker. Thank you Josh and crew for exposing Tim's hypocrisy and disrespect for the judicial system, movies and America. We at the VFA hope we as On Cinema fans can band together in support of Gregg, and hope that this incredible documentary becomes the nail in the coffin of Tim's pathetic career, funded by dead kids, so that Mr. Turkington can retake the On Cinema dynasty as its rightful King. Five bags of popcorn, and 11 movie-themed hats, in honor of what is hopefully the last season we will ever see dirty, filthy liar Tim Heidecker on On Cinema. Expand
AjmoviesJan 15, 2020
A solid movie that does its job
Rating- 77%