Paramount Pictures | Release Date: June 11, 1975
Generally favorable reviews based on 18 Ratings
Watch Now
Buy on
JLuis_001Feb 19, 2022
Nashville has an approach that could give the impression of being presumptuous, but I don't see it that way. Sure, it has the intentions of looking epic, but ambition is not a negative thing in this context, let's just say that betweenNashville has an approach that could give the impression of being presumptuous, but I don't see it that way. Sure, it has the intentions of looking epic, but ambition is not a negative thing in this context, let's just say that between musical numbers there's not much to absorb beyond the atmosphere of its setting. From what I saw, it captures a moment and captures it quite well, but the lack of a true destination, coupled with its excessive length, don't invite much of a revisit. Expand
ahmedaiman1999Aug 14, 2019
I have no idea how it's possible to fully flesh out all of these characters in a film with such a free-roaming plot. I also have absolutely no clue how every plot-line that concerns a specific character, or a specific group of characters,I have no idea how it's possible to fully flesh out all of these characters in a film with such a free-roaming plot. I also have absolutely no clue how every plot-line that concerns a specific character, or a specific group of characters, kinda intertwined, or rather formed altogether a complete (and very impactful) picture by the end.

It took me some time to get invested, but once I found an interesting character, I gradually became fully immersed in what was going on. Also, I have to admit that I wasn't constantly, or equally, engaged with each story-line, but that will definitely change upon rewatch.

The songs are some of the best I've ever heard in a film. The well-deserved Oscar-winning song ,"I'm Easy" is simply brilliant! It's quite a refreshing experience to listen to songs played out in such a free-wheeling manner.

The performances are splendidly genuine. And you can't help relating to all of the (many) main characters when the film get to the personal dramas and moments of revelation by its second half.

Yes, I wasn't wrong when I said in my M*A*S*H review that I think Altman's other films will work for me pretty well, and here he has made a kaleidoscope of cynicism, wit and intimacy: he has made a sprawling mosaic of American society in a most effortless efficiency!

(8.5/10)