Neon | Release Date (Streaming): July 10, 2020
7.9
Generally favorable reviews based on 170 Ratings
Watch Now
bbonkJul 13, 2020
Holy Groundhog Day Batman! I think the critics and us users are hard up for movies. This ain't no 84/8.3. This is a 50/5.0 at best. Modestly funny, but I guess there's not much out there these days.
steveymeJul 16, 2020
Brought very little new to a very well worn trope. Started well, but by half way through I was really bored.
OlivierPielJul 11, 2020
Solid above average comedy that does elicit several good laughs, not just smirks of acquiescence. A rare commodity these days! It's impossible not to love Andy Samberg (who basically plays himself) unless there's something wrong with yourSolid above average comedy that does elicit several good laughs, not just smirks of acquiescence. A rare commodity these days! It's impossible not to love Andy Samberg (who basically plays himself) unless there's something wrong with your soul. The production and all technical aspects are very professional and make this entertainment very enjoyable.

It can't quite get into the elite "green zone" of quality because the script and side characters are typically Hollywood-simplistic, borderline dumb.

It's just a nice little escapist distraction. Nothing more, nothing less.
JLuis_001Jul 25, 2020
First of all, some reviews called this film a refreshing concept. Let me say that again: A refreshing original concept.

Now I ask: ''Are you **** kidding me?'' There's tons of films about time loops!!! Also there's an obvious and clear

Also there's an obvious and clear comparison looming over this movie. I'm talking about Groundhog Day.

When we start, we don't really have any idea of what we're seeing. Although we soon get a certain direction, but about 20 minutes pass and suddenly we understand that we're in a time loop. And that's where all the fun and my interest in this repetitive comedy ended.

And it's that what comes next is nothing more than an empty effort to try to show that this story is more than it really is and more than anything it's irritating with its annoying edgy humor that's telling you that this is story is for ''adults'' but all their adults behave like people unable to leave behind their adolescence.
At least it does that well.

Much of the humor falls on Samberg and unfortunately I have only found him funny in Brooklyn Nine-Nine and it's difficult for him to be funny when his character is a cliche of cynicism.

Also the film uses much of what was seen in Murray's classic, only that the focus is more interested in trying to convince the audience that it's an obviously more up-to-date story, but that doesn't necessarily make it more adult or proactive for that matter.
The only thing that appears as a change is that another character joins Samberg's in his loop and obviously with that plot device you know where we're going with it

Palm Springs it's an absurd and the film sells it like that, but absurdities must also be funny if it's supposed to be a comedy.
GoobisJul 10, 2020
Considering it's Andy samberg not very funny, nor is the story or characters interesting or likeable enough to be fully invested. The only good thing about this movie is the directing.
everettJul 31, 2020
I can't understand the "universal acclaim." So disappointing. It's not funny; I think I chuckled two or three times. Nothing original here, with a concept that has been done so, so much better. The writing in particular was mediocre, andI can't understand the "universal acclaim." So disappointing. It's not funny; I think I chuckled two or three times. Nothing original here, with a concept that has been done so, so much better. The writing in particular was mediocre, and the decent performances of both leads could not rescue it. Expand
TejasNairAug 23, 2020
Fabulous soundtrack on this 'inventive' time loop comedy drama that is funny in parts and philosophical in other areas. It did get dull for me in the middle but the performances by charming Samberg and Milioti made up for it and I eventuallyFabulous soundtrack on this 'inventive' time loop comedy drama that is funny in parts and philosophical in other areas. It did get dull for me in the middle but the performances by charming Samberg and Milioti made up for it and I eventually finished it with a smile on my face. Still, not great. TN. Expand
Svet2000Aug 22, 2020
A great title and poster design for a movie with a rather meaningless storyline. The first 15 minutes promises a mix The Groundhog Day stirred in with Wedding Planner. There is some resemblance, if rather crippled and missing most limbs.A great title and poster design for a movie with a rather meaningless storyline. The first 15 minutes promises a mix The Groundhog Day stirred in with Wedding Planner. There is some resemblance, if rather crippled and missing most limbs. Having had written the intro, a screenwriter must have gone on a break to powder her nose, after which she successfully jumped off a cliff. The rest of the story flies on a broken autopilot and crashes into the aforementioned cliff. Andy Samberg is almost Adam Sandler. That's a good part, the rest goes downhill. It's a bad movie and a true waste of time. Expand
Ahab_GaddisSep 10, 2020
Good but quite derivative after watching Russian Dolls. If you haven't watch the latter show, it's 8/10, otherwise it's what I actually rate it.