Lionsgate | Release Date: January 13, 2023
7.0
Generally favorable reviews based on 21 Ratings
Watch Now
devgreJan 17, 2023
PLANE was better than it had any right to be. It is a shining example of what a fun action popcorn movie that doesn't take itself too seriously should be.
RustyDiamondsJan 13, 2023
Nothing terrible, nothing super amazing. A mix of entertaining brain-off action and flickering boredom. Even if you don't get a superb film experience, it is at least a good time at the movies, provided you aren't looking for a superNothing terrible, nothing super amazing. A mix of entertaining brain-off action and flickering boredom. Even if you don't get a superb film experience, it is at least a good time at the movies, provided you aren't looking for a super thought-provoking and/or excellent near two hours. Expand
MahaakshayJan 18, 2023
Whenever there is a film starring Gerard Butler in the lead, you automatically think that it is going to be a leave-your-brain-at-home-action bonanza. I thought Plane would be no different, especially when I viewed the trailer. But yet again,Whenever there is a film starring Gerard Butler in the lead, you automatically think that it is going to be a leave-your-brain-at-home-action bonanza. I thought Plane would be no different, especially when I viewed the trailer. But yet again, I was surprised with the warm reception the film got and on Monday, I made it a point to go and watch this film. Suffice to say, just like the rest, I was surprised and impressed as well. Plane isn't just an action film. It is a thriller as well and all in all a good entertainer.

Of course I am not giving away any spoilers but from what the trailer shows, it is a story centered around a Airplane Pilot Brodie Torrance (Gerard Butler) and what unfolds on new year's eve with him and his passengers and crew. The 1st half of the film is a pure thrill ride and it keeps you glued to your seat, although you know what is going to happen, you still want to see it unfold. You might think that the 2nd half of the film is gonna be a Rambo-like film but actually it isn't which is a good thing and honestly a great approach to a predictable plot.

Performance wise, of course it is Gerard Butler who is the star of the show, since the entire story revolves around his character.

After him it is Mike Colter who has done a good job although, he doesn't have much to do accept beat up the bad guys.

The Supporting cast and do their adequate best in their respective roles.

Charles Cumming and J. P. Davis who have written the script should be acknowledged because Plane is a film you go in expecting the same-old, same-old action madness but you come out satisfied because it isn't that.

Director Jean-François Richet has done a good job 'merging' two genres into one. Kudos to him for this attempt and waiting to see more from him.

In conclusion, Plane is a good entertainer because it tries to be different and for that I give it accolades. Go for it if you like Pure-Popcorn-Entertainment.
SecrethappyJan 16, 2023
The movie is awesome, a must see! Yes, everything you want in a movie…thrills, action, suspense, and wonderful ending. Satisfies your every need…the itch you wanna scratch. Gerard Butler is genuine and kick ass. Amazing cast. 90’s feelThe movie is awesome, a must see! Yes, everything you want in a movie…thrills, action, suspense, and wonderful ending. Satisfies your every need…the itch you wanna scratch. Gerard Butler is genuine and kick ass. Amazing cast. 90’s feel without plot filler or drag. Perfect from start to finish and will have you gripping onto your seat for dear life but enjoying every moment. You’ll feel like you are a passenger on this flight—and you want Gerard Butler to be your pilot… kicking some serious ass and flying you to safety. Get out of your hibernation this winter and go see it now! Expand
sproutpodJan 13, 2023
A fun popcorn movie. Kept me engaged start to finish. No complaints. It's not going for any awards, but who cares. It's just fun. They probably saved a lot of money by not doing a bunch of outside CGI shots of the plane, uh, landing.
DH58Jan 13, 2023
This is one of the Best Plane crash movies that I have ever seen in my life. It has several parts that will keep you wondering what's going to happen next. Watch out for a surprise ending that I didn't see coming. I hope you like my review ofThis is one of the Best Plane crash movies that I have ever seen in my life. It has several parts that will keep you wondering what's going to happen next. Watch out for a surprise ending that I didn't see coming. I hope you like my review of this movie! Expand
TVJerryJan 20, 2023
Gerard Butler plays a pilot whose plane has a forced landing on a remote island ruled by warring rebels. There are actually 2 movies here: The flight, which is pretty gripping, and the fight, which is standard action fare. There's tensionGerard Butler plays a pilot whose plane has a forced landing on a remote island ruled by warring rebels. There are actually 2 movies here: The flight, which is pretty gripping, and the fight, which is standard action fare. There's tension building up to the emergency landing, but once they arrive in the jungle the threats become human and not especially intimidating. The rescue attempt has lots of gunfire, but not much else. Once you've experienced the entire movie, the absurdity of the premise becomes even more ridiculous. Still, it's a passable but quickly forgotten action flight. Expand
mrc_brnJan 27, 2023
Solidly action packed little movie with good performances by the leads. The side characters, the 'crisis center' the militias and the daughter were perhaps a bit poorly worked out, but the main story was action packed and had a good pace.Solidly action packed little movie with good performances by the leads. The side characters, the 'crisis center' the militias and the daughter were perhaps a bit poorly worked out, but the main story was action packed and had a good pace. Despite the killings, to me there was a bit of a Hallmark whiff to it all, with no grey in any of the characters, but not to the extent that it became annoying. Decent action packed movie if you're in the mood. Expand
JLuis_001Jan 15, 2023
It's a dumb action movie, let's start there. It has to be said.
It's a dumb action movie, let's start there. It has to be said.
How bad is that? Generally speaking, it depends on the viewer, I for one think knowing the parameters of what Gerard Butler usually does in the genre, this is far from the best he's done, but not the worst of his repertoire either and Mike Colter is a good addition for him in what is ultimately basic and undercooked.

Whether you're a fan of the genre or not, there's not much to mention or salvage from this.
MattyIce34Jan 13, 2023
I mean, if you watched the trailer you know what this is. A slightly more expensive version of the action-thrillers Liam Neeson has been putting out, with a fun plane crash and a good shootout or two. Definition of a turn your brain off movie.
royalguy07Jan 14, 2023
The last 20 minutes are very fun and the Gerardness of it all is exactly what was needed. But the middle third is dreadfully stale, predictable, and boring, luckily that doesn't last for too long.
alanpotter17Jan 25, 2023
Plane é um filme de ação muito competente, com um Gerard Butler fazendo um piloto maduro, encarnando o personagem com muita maturidade. Muito eficiente a ideia de tornar o avião o protagonista da história, que basicamente é uma luta pelaPlane é um filme de ação muito competente, com um Gerard Butler fazendo um piloto maduro, encarnando o personagem com muita maturidade. Muito eficiente a ideia de tornar o avião o protagonista da história, que basicamente é uma luta pela sobrevivência após um pouso forçado.
O tempo de duração é curto, portanto, o roteiro não enrola com cenas desnecessárias. Absolutamente tudo é econômico, e há uma cena de luta à mão realmente muito boa.
O grande problema, além da previsibilidade, é que já assistimos a esse conteúdo centenas de vezes. Uma das cenas iniciais mostrando o laço do piloto com a filha me desanimou total, como se esse tipo de filme sempre precisasse criar um laço familiar para justificar o drama da luta pela sobrevivência. Não se basta por si?
Enfim, temos um típico filme, ainda bem que as atuações são boas (com a ressalva de que os estrangeiros continuam caricatos e "malvados"), e tecnicamente está ok. Cinema pipoca bom.