Paramount Pictures | Release Date: June 12, 1968
Universal acclaim based on 195 Ratings
Watch Now
Buy on
BeastJ18Apr 22, 2018
Haunting, this film created mass paranoia in conspiracy and the occult. A brilliantly written and executed look into the secret and bizarre.
amheretojudgeMay 8, 2018
and the artistic thrills..

Rosemary's Baby The stunning background score, witty horrific image and the nail-biting tense surrounding that is offered in here is easy to give one the anticipated chills and goosebumps that stays with one
and the artistic thrills..

Rosemary's Baby

The stunning background score, witty horrific image and the nail-biting tense surrounding that is offered in here is easy to give one the anticipated chills and goosebumps that stays with one throughout the course of it. Roman Polanski's smart adaptation with perfect editing is something to explore in it as it demands attention from the first frame. His work on execution too, is appreciative if not completely justified considering the potential of the script. On performance, Mia Farrow grows on you as it ages on screen but unfortunately isn't supported well enough except for Ruth Gordon's stellar performance. Rosemary's Baby is a smart take on its genre, for it may go into places where one has been before but still doesn't use the clichéd formula like appalling creatures or hide and seek show or a typical altered ego.
drone41May 20, 2018
Again Polanski and his greatness. So sick directing, so sick story, and sick acting. Great movie to watch when you want to be paranoid.
FilipeNetoJun 28, 2018
Roman Polanski is a classic and his long career has consecrated him as one of the most influential directors of the twentieth century, although I don't have any sympathy for him as a person. This film is probably one of the most notorious andRoman Polanski is a classic and his long career has consecrated him as one of the most influential directors of the twentieth century, although I don't have any sympathy for him as a person. This film is probably one of the most notorious and acclaimed of his career, and rightly so. When it debuted, in the late sixties, it was scary and I fully understand why. More than other horror movies so far, it used the permanent tension to keep the audience in absolute discomfort, not to mention that danger around a baby is something that touches the emotional side of anyone. It's something innate. The story takes place in an apartment building and revolves around Rosemary, a young woman who impregnates after having had a mysterious nightmare, when something possessed her sexually. Finally, other revelations, and the attitudes of a couple of elderly seemingly loving neighbors, convince her that she expects a son of the Devil, the Antichrist himself. Terrifying, is not? With such a good script it was easy to succeed, especially when Polanski so cleverly uses visual and sound effects as well as cinematography, misty and dense. Everything was thoughtfully designed to make us tense. Rape scenes are worthy of anthology. Today, by themselves, they don't scare us, horror movies have been so full of gore and blood that these scenes have lost their strength, but if we embed them in the film, they contribute a lot to our discomfort. Mia Farrow was at the highest level during the film, perhaps the most controversial of her career, since neither her husband supported her. Sidney Blackmer and Ruth Gordon glared at the Castevets, the movie's villains. John Cassavetes is more restrained but does very well with his role. At present, this movie may not scare you as much as it scared you in the past, everything has its expiration date, but it remains one of the great classics of horror and must have a place on the shelf of any lover of this movie genre. Expand
Steven1981Apr 6, 2020
Rosemary's Baby is a horror film made in 1968 and directed by Roman Polanski but whether it's a drama aswell as a horror I don't know however that would explain the slow acted pace and countless conversations in the film. Mia Farrow asRosemary's Baby is a horror film made in 1968 and directed by Roman Polanski but whether it's a drama aswell as a horror I don't know however that would explain the slow acted pace and countless conversations in the film. Mia Farrow as Rosemary was odd at times but I personally think she did a great job in her role and she's genuinely a great actress but there's a few problems with Rosemary's Baby. For starters you never see the baby or any baby but there's scenes where you know she's pregnant and what's going on and secondly the story makes no sense. Another bad thing is the film has a rotten ending and makes little sense at all, the plots all over the place, some of the characters are weak and some of the acting is shabby. For a horror film to work you don't necessarily need blood and guts or a dude going round stabbing people but you do need something to grab the audience's attention and to shock or scare and Rosemary's Baby had nothing. Rosemary's Baby felt like a drama all the way through and nothing in the movie suggests it's a horror movie and at times it's very boring and mainly focuses on a plot against the baby which gets tedious and pointless conversations that never stop or stop and hop to some more dialog and conversations. There's no blood in Rosemary's Baby except for the death of some woman which is very little, no suspense, tension, no shocks, twists, nothing and certainly nothing scary about it because it feels like a long drama film mainly just consisting of conspiracy's or conspiracy theories and conversations after conversations. It's a long and tedious film at times and I wasn't impressed especially for a horror and this film is plain bad. Not even Mia Farrow can save this in my eyes and Roman Polanski can't make horrors. Simple as that and sadly Rosemary's Baby is a tragic film that is basically a road to nowhere. The films beautifully directed and some of it's enjoyable but it gets dull and overlong with very little to keep the viewer interested if anything only to throw down one of the worst and stupidest endings in movie history which disappoints and your left wondering is this the final climax I waited for? Like I said, road to nowhere and personally this film is neither scary, terrifying or anything and can get boring. Expand
imthenoobJul 23, 2019
I had a really tough time getting into this movie. To the point where I found it just severely dragged at times and failing to keep my interest. Don't get me wrong, Farrow does a great job and I think the premise is interesting enough yet forI had a really tough time getting into this movie. To the point where I found it just severely dragged at times and failing to keep my interest. Don't get me wrong, Farrow does a great job and I think the premise is interesting enough yet for some reason, this movie just didn't click with me. Expand
SWEEPtheLEG175Aug 12, 2019
Overrated is one word that comes to mind. Quick info on me, I was born in '79 and I have never seen this film until today. To say this is a "horror" film is a stretch and some critics have this film in the top horror films of all time, it'sOverrated is one word that comes to mind. Quick info on me, I was born in '79 and I have never seen this film until today. To say this is a "horror" film is a stretch and some critics have this film in the top horror films of all time, it's not. The movie drags and is very boring, nothing really happens for most of the run time, 137min. Here is the other part that is kinda sick, there is basically a rape scene in the film and if you know anything about Mr. Polanski, well watching that part in 2019 was a little strange. I think this is one of the films where if you mention it around other film lovers they will say how great it is, but if you were to really ask them about a certain scene (example the stupid ending)they would have no response because they probably have never watched it and just read a critics review in order to fit in. Expand
YaztromoAug 26, 2021
Despite the fact that director Roman Polanski is a very problematic figure, his artistic talent as a director cannot be denied. Polanski is one of the best movie directors of all time, and Rosemary's Baby is the apex of his work.

For those

For those interested in the art of filmmaking and visual storytelling, there is no better example to learn from.

In addition to being an artistic milestone, Rosemary's Baby also is one of the finest horror and psychological thriller movies to this day. It brilliantly illustrates that jump scares or gore -- of which it contains almost none -- have nothing to do with true horror and are not at all necessary to make a movie scary.
mcblancaflorJul 17, 2020
The buildup of suspense and how the plot unfolds was perfected by Polanski in Rosemary's Baby. This was even made better by the spectacular cast led by Mia Farrow and John Cassavetes. Definitely a classic horror masterpiece which obviouslyThe buildup of suspense and how the plot unfolds was perfected by Polanski in Rosemary's Baby. This was even made better by the spectacular cast led by Mia Farrow and John Cassavetes. Definitely a classic horror masterpiece which obviously inspired some of our modern horror filmmakers like Jordan Peele, Ari Aster, and Robert Eggers.

It's just frustrating that one of the best horror films was made by Roman Polanski.
PanchogulApr 4, 2020
El Bebé de Rosemary (1968)

Sinopsis: Un matrimonio se instala en un apartamento de Nueva York sin sospechar que sus vecinos pertenecen a una secta satánica. Cuando Rosemary queda embarazada, se aísla poco a poco y la verdad sobre su bebé es
El Bebé de Rosemary (1968)

Sinopsis:

Un matrimonio se instala en un apartamento de Nueva York sin sospechar que sus vecinos pertenecen a una secta satánica. Cuando Rosemary queda embarazada, se aísla poco a poco y la verdad sobre su bebé es revelada después de tenerlo.

Opinión:

Una indiscutible obra maestra del horror psicológico que ha influenciado el cine moderno hasta nuestros días, está muy bien actuada, muy buena puesta en escena, buena dirección, atmósfera siniestra y eventualmente retorcida cocinada a fuego lento, un verdadero clásico.

Valoración:

5 ⭐ de 5 ⭐
GoatlipsOct 30, 2020
96% positive critics reviews and 8.2/10 average score from users - this must be the highest-rated horror film (true horror = supernatural, not including sci-fi 'horror')!
However, 'Rosemary's Baby' (Polanski, 1968) is terribly camp, hammy,
However, 'Rosemary's Baby' (Polanski, 1968) is terribly camp, hammy, and kitsch - even for the '60s. It really hasn't aged at all well - almost as bad as 'Easy Rider' (1969). Mia Farrow is good, but the other actors seem like they're making a completely different, surreal, psychedelic film.
The plot is virtually non-existent for the 2 hour 17 minute duration, so it's empty, and the acting is often so hammy it just seems unbelievably creepy and weird, but not in a way beneficial to the film.
When it comes to devil-baby films your go-to should always be 'The Omen' (Donner, 1976), and the sequels of the trilogy - the Oscar-winning score from Jerry Goldsmith is truly disturbing.
8.2/10 user review average?! If you're one of the average then I guess you're thinking, "You just didn't get it", but I got it - Roman Polanski was a creepy, weirdo, convicted child-rapist himself and thinks that's how normal people act. They do not. 2/10 - honestly.
ericrendeiroNov 24, 2019
Few specials effects and scenaries, but the ever lasting legacy of this picture is it's acting.
RobwinzDec 11, 2020
It's actually such a classic horror movie and it's honestly a brilliant movie in general.
Damien211Mar 18, 2020
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. One of the best horror movies I've ever seen. A dark, gloomy atmosphere enveloped everything. Stress, creepy is what Rosemary's BaBy is for Expand
loremApr 1, 2020
A masterpiece that has one of the most disturbing atmospheres that can be found in a movie and a very well structured terrifying story.
Rojas212Apr 7, 2020
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I finally saw FULL HD streaming from Cats

Here is the site where I saw: FMOVIES21.ORG
nicoelpendejoApr 17, 2020
90%—— classic polanski film. truly a great watch for a mind bending craving.
AndrewHordMay 29, 2020
Of course ,it is very great film.I like Polanski,he has made great films ,but this one always was considered as his best.So,i`m the one,who do not think like that.
lessacebolaSep 11, 2020
Por ser um filme de 1968 a gente releva muita coisa, mas é um filme muito bom para os padrões da época.
geewahJan 24, 2021
One of Polanski's finest movies and one of 1968's best.
A "horror" movie that relies on atmosphere and paranoia, rather than violence and gore. And it's executed brilliantly.
AJ_13Nov 24, 2021
Another Polanski masterpiece. Macabre and haunting, brilliantly directed and acted. Last 20 minutes are masterful.
Gamzguy17Aug 21, 2021
 Roman Polanski's direction casts Alfred Hitchcock's famous shadow like a mantlepiece, but goes aBegins as a humble and welcoming piece of cinematography, but slowly becomes warped and demented as the characters show their true demons.
 Roman Polanski's direction casts Alfred Hitchcock's famous shadow like a mantlepiece, but goes a little too far into comical territory by the very end, killing off the well-established tone he has laboured over.
 Nonetheless, it's a very solid picture with brilliant acting from Mia Farrow in particular. Expand