Paramount Pictures | Release Date: January 14, 2022
7.0
Generally favorable reviews based on 303 Ratings
Watch Now
Butterballer1Jan 19, 2022
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The original scream was a clever and refreshing spin on a forgotten or passe genre that had been totally left behind by Hollywood and audiences. Its humor and pacing were nearly perfect. Wes Craven's script and direction provided interesting characters that engaged you along with suspense, humor, action, and thrills that all hit the mark. The actors--while not entirely perfect, were all excited about the material and interesting as characters providing memorable performances that last to this day in viewers' minds--especially the baddies and weirdos. The twist in the film rivaled Shyamalan in The 6th Sense.

This film lacks all but a hollow shell of parts of that film while providing nothing to care about for the returning characters who are also hollowed out.

A climactic scene goes from noon to midnight after a 2-minute drive to a hospital that has 0 staff or patients or security system. A wheelchair cripple can barely roll herself one foot forward, but stands beats up a killer at the end of the film. This film tries to be subversive--but not to the establishment that is ruining clever and original films like the original Scream was. Instead, this film seeks to subvert Scream itself by punching down at its own fans and fans of franchises in general. It goes out of its way to attack the very people who support it. It is a parasite.

Anything can be funny, but not when you have wooden and empty characters delivering several agonizingly dull multi-minute expository monologues to make up for the heavy 'messaging' and poor script. Suspense and visuals are everything in horror. The endless exposition seriously destroys this film. Only one or two of the characters are remotely likable. NONE of them have the charisma of Matthew Lillard or Courtney Cox and David Arquette (whose legacies are both tragically mistreated and thrown away here. Scream 5 **SPOILER ALERT** brags about debasing David Arquette INTENTIONALLY identically to Han Solo in The Force Awakens and praises its director. Dewey has somehow become a white alcoholic recluse loser in a trailer who gave up on his big-boss-lady Gale after only 2 months after the previous film. This is revolting, but also completely uncharacteristic of Dewey to be this way. Like all woke films today, he is emasculated and then thrown out with the trash. They kill him off for absolutely no reason, making him a complete idiot in a way that is completely out of character for him. This is when any mild or serious fan will give up on this film. Yet there's probably 30 minutes of film remaining after this.

Dewey is the everyman that is kind-hearted and a throughline that helps you care about any of these characters' stories after multiple films. This film sets up 0 characters that you will care about. Instead, you WANT them all to die throughout the film as they are directed and cast poorly. Finally, in this film, almost NO ONE DIES except white characters. When this fact is considered with all the other criticisms of this film, it is undeniable that the creators of this film placed ESG WOKE scoring high above any artistic merit.

Wes Craven was a master of horror because he understood the value of a good script. He also knew how to organize all the people in Scream in a way that sucked the viewer into the movie, thrilled them, and made them laugh and be moved enough by some fleshed-out and likable characters, despite the nature of the genre of the film. He also punched UPWARD at the establishment, at himself, and at political correctness. This film tried desperately to somehow be politically correct while being a violent uninspired slasher film that has no clever kills. In fact, almost NONE of the young cast gets killed because--surprise surprise--they are all too diverse to be allowed to die, except the white ones. None of this would matter if it was MOCKING woke culture in some way, but it isn't; it is EMBRACING it, and it lets you know this over and over again as it beats you over the heads with terrible meta-meta-meta dialogue attacking its fans and everything good about the original film.

Also, Billy Loomis is somehow brought back in generic scenes that were probably filmed in his bathroom basement on a cell phone with a scary de-aging face applied to them. The people making this film knew they needed the original cast, but didn't want to utilize them properly or 'pass the torch.'

Scream gave Neve's Sidney a clear relatable heroic journey. It was already pro-female back in the 90s (many films were) and everyone loved it because it placed all of its artistic storytelling elements above any politics the director may have been trying to convey. It was just a great film that men and women both loved that empowered women as it empowered anyone who loves a good hero's journey. Scream 5 on the other hand is a bad film all around that tries to manufacture 'stakes' by killing the one character that still gave these films any heart.
QuinnzaynJan 15, 2022
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I went into the movies having high hopes that it would surpass the previous movies and I was fairly disappointed in the fact that this movie was very similar to the first movie. The movie tried to bring back memories of characters from the first movie and connect them to characters in this movie and it didn’t work and had me asking more questions then receiving answers. It was obvious in the first act who the killers were, I was disappointed in that aspect because I wanted to be able to keep guessing and figuring out who the killer was but I instantly knew from the first 20 minutes of the movie and that was disappointing. The ghost face killers We’re very random to me and didn’t really have a valid reason for the killings other then to recreate something that the fandom wanted done right which is a very poor part of the plot due to the fact that this has been done in the last movies.The main character didn’t have as much of an impact as I would expected . I was hoping that the new group of teens would be the ones that would stop the ghost face killers but in almost every scene each of the teens were killed off not giving us any character development ,it only gave us teens who had almost no personality just in the movie to kill off moments later .The main character Sam Expand
Shocker3Jan 16, 2022
I didn't like the plot. It was boring. I was struggling to make it through the movie until the last 15 minutes, which was the most interesting part of the film. The best part of the movie was the bringing back of some of the original cast members.
drewezbreezeeJan 14, 2022
The new scream. Well it's the scream formula. I didn't like the ending. The big reveal was typical. I never laughed, never got scared, never felt the "tension." If you've seen one you've seen them all. Only the reveals are new. I did like theThe new scream. Well it's the scream formula. I didn't like the ending. The big reveal was typical. I never laughed, never got scared, never felt the "tension." If you've seen one you've seen them all. Only the reveals are new. I did like the killings and the acting of the legacy cast. The newcomers were ok. But it's a formula, and it never strayed from what it does. Halloween was better Expand
georgiadrewJan 22, 2022
Pathetically bad plot, acting, ending, and it's a two hour waste of time and money. Bring something else to do, (homework, read, algebra problems) during the movie because it is painful to watch and sit through, and trying to believe actorsPathetically bad plot, acting, ending, and it's a two hour waste of time and money. Bring something else to do, (homework, read, algebra problems) during the movie because it is painful to watch and sit through, and trying to believe actors in their 30's are really in high school. Someone in Hollywood needs to actually watch a movie like that and realize it should never be released, that's how bad it is. Expand
rodrigoribeiro0Jan 14, 2022
The latest installment screams… screams budget constraints. Though I appreciate the “love letter” attempt to the original and its master, part 5 falls completely flat by taking away some of the spices that once made this franchise memorable:The latest installment screams… screams budget constraints. Though I appreciate the “love letter” attempt to the original and its master, part 5 falls completely flat by taking away some of the spices that once made this franchise memorable: unpredictable killers, chasing scenes, good jump scares and an awesome plot twist. I am still perplex how in your face this movie is and I can’t believe they decided to stab the plot twist element. And as mentioned above, this felt like a “sitcom studio” production all the time. Now let’s talk about the good: the characters were likable, the comedy worked well, it was a bit gory and the original cast still delivers (they were not great but they were not cringe either). Definitely the weakest entry (and I did not even love Part 2 that much). It was a “Scream” film without a screaming audience. My theater was dead. I hope they don’t make more. #RIPWES you were THE guy. Expand
ghostkillaJan 14, 2022
Everyone seems to forget that Scream was 'cutting edge' horror and not just cutting. This new installment has a disappointingly dated feel to it, that even Scream 4's mostly unsuccessful attempts to introduce the franchise to the social mediaEveryone seems to forget that Scream was 'cutting edge' horror and not just cutting. This new installment has a disappointingly dated feel to it, that even Scream 4's mostly unsuccessful attempts to introduce the franchise to the social media generation seem way more appealing. The whole 'requel' rules breakdown is just not enough to bring the film to life. Also, surprisingly enough for a movie that's so heavy-handed in terms of self-reference and meta-commentary, the killings themselves, even though gory, are the franchise's less inventive and believable, while at the same time the victims showcase the exact horror-film-like questionable behavior that the Scream movies have pointed out and made fun of throughout the years -so ultimately, this is a big turn-off for serious fans. (the hospital scene with Dewey...) Expand
TristanwalshJan 22, 2022
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Don't waste your time on this movie, so many bad points to list them all. Boring, predictable, and very poorly constructed. -when they attend the crime scene of where the sherif and her son where murdered it was morning/ day. Then they leave straight away to protect her sister at the hospital and it changes from day to night straight away. - why was there no one in the hospital when they where attacked by the killer -how could a tiny girl that is depicted as a 6ft4 strong male over power the male sherif after being shot 3 times. -why did the same girl not have any bullet wounds after being shot I could keep going with all the other mistakes but this give you a good idea Expand
YourmumsbillsFeb 17, 2022
Wow...Worst one yet. Apparently the addition of more gore was supposed to distract us from the ludicrous and poorly written "plot" the only scary thing in this film is Courtney Cox' face.
johnand1Feb 27, 2022
RIP Wes, I'm glad you didn't have to watch this, unfortunately I wasn't that lucky.
imthenoobMar 9, 2022
What we have here is a clear case of bias. Scream had many awful sequels and I feel people overrated this one because while it certainly avoids a lot of the flaws the other films had, It doesn't mean it's any good nor without faults of itsWhat we have here is a clear case of bias. Scream had many awful sequels and I feel people overrated this one because while it certainly avoids a lot of the flaws the other films had, It doesn't mean it's any good nor without faults of its own.

The characters are shallow and forgettable. The absence of the original trio and how little screentime they get is disappointing. The plot is simple, predictable, and downright boring. There is no suspense at all, It is full of characters making irrational decisions (Dewey in that hospital scene...), and this one definitely features the worst acting of the series. It was so bad that I was suffering secondhand embarrassment with how cringe it was. Largely pointing out Melissa Barrera as Sam, She was just insufferable and so painfully wooden throughout. It was rough to watch.

Honestly, I freaking hated this one. It is nowhere near as good as people made it out to be at all.
valrondMar 1, 2022
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. They killed Dewey in a stupid lame and predictable fashion. I didn't bother to see the rest. Expand
cyt0sk3l3t0nJan 16, 2022
This is a fun movie but there are too many characters so only a few of them actually get any development. Also I understand the Scream movies are supposed to be "meta" but this one takes it to a whole new level that I found to be distractingThis is a fun movie but there are too many characters so only a few of them actually get any development. Also I understand the Scream movies are supposed to be "meta" but this one takes it to a whole new level that I found to be distracting sometimes. Expand
Jaketat2Jan 24, 2022
To be honest...it was hard to sit through. The acting was terrible and the dialog was awful.
snorkissFeb 20, 2022
You'll be screaming but not for the right reasons. Terrible script, terrible casting, terrible acting and more progressive woke politics stabbing you over and over again until you, well... scream - 3 stars for Dewey
RaqHdez27Jan 14, 2022
Forgettable requel that pretends to be funny but works only as parody, never as terror movie
CMAMIMar 5, 2022
Movie was awful! Created this account just to post this! Once they killed dewey that was totally it & wow in such a stupid way! Plus the whole him living in a trailer / alcoholic & quit his job I mean come on! We’d Craven is probably rollingMovie was awful! Created this account just to post this! Once they killed dewey that was totally it & wow in such a stupid way! Plus the whole him living in a trailer / alcoholic & quit his job I mean come on! We’d Craven is probably rolling in his grave! I loved the scream franchise but when Wes died they should have stopped at 4! This was just total garbage! Plus killing deputy Judy and her son in broad day light! The list goes on! No good! Expand
LittlegizmoJan 14, 2022
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. this movie is ok... but its not my favorite scream movie at all.. i honnestly didnt care about any of the teenagers and couldnt wait for them to die.. not bad but really not as good as people say it is Expand
Filmbuff99Jan 14, 2022
Poorly made film with 6 different characters trying to play the lead. The classic jumpscares can be seen a mile off and the nudge-nudge Wink-wink commentary on the film industry was about as subtle as farting in an elevator when there's onlyPoorly made film with 6 different characters trying to play the lead. The classic jumpscares can be seen a mile off and the nudge-nudge Wink-wink commentary on the film industry was about as subtle as farting in an elevator when there's only one other person on there with you. Expand
JLuis_001Jan 14, 2022
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. If there's something this franchise has never shied away from, it's its constant use of metafiction, but in this fifth installment, by exaggerating this resource, the saga also shows all its shortcomings.

As is often the case with horror films that spawn multiple sequels; variety, originality and lack of ideas are common and recurring problems, and Scream is no exception.

And no, this film is not what 2018 Halloween was, even if the script mentions it.
Scream is a direct sequel to Scream 4. All the previous events are still canon, but its attempt to shake up the formula fails monumentally.
Why? Because it continues to use the ridiculous recourse of the rules of a horror movie, and that's where this story cheaply sells you on its entire play.

If you pay even the slightest bit of attention, you'll know who the killers are immediately. From there, that's already more than problematic, but even worse, the narrative device the film uses to justify its existence is just lame. Billy Loomis' bastard daughter? Really?

The film goes so far as to show appearances by Skeet Ulrich reinterpreting his character from the original film, now as a sort of ghost/illusion of his daughter and even seeming to give him some sort of redemption at the end. That was lousy to say the least.

Jump scares are still the order of the day, and stupid decisions by all of its characters are a fundamental part of the plot.
The climax is completely lacking in tension, and the appearances of Neve Campbell, Courteney Cox and David Arquette feel obligatory rather than necessary.
Clearly a Scream movie without them wouldn't have the same validity in the eyes of fans. Pretty much the same thing that happens with all the Terminator movies that always need Arnold Schwarzenegger to work.

Needless to say, Scream tries too hard to be an original attempt for new audiences, but it's very hard to be of any use when everything you do is based on completely recycled elements.

This was very disappointing.
Aries8622Jan 14, 2022
I liked that three of the main characters were included in this film. I just didn't like the plot line all that much. I felt they could've been more original and just taken it to a whole different level.
TrudonJan 14, 2022
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. WES CRAVEN IS ROLLING OVER IN HIS GRAVE RIGHT NOW. NEVE COURTNEY AND DAVID SOLD WES OUT FOR SOME CASH SMH. YALL ASS KNEW THAT THIS SCRIPT WAS TRASH. YALL ASS KNEW THAT THOSE TWO DUMB ASS INEXPERIENCED ASS ROOKIE ASS STUPID ASS YOUNG ASS FART TART ASS FRESH OUT OF DIRECTING SCHOOL ASS NO VISION NO TRUE LOVE FOR WES ASS WEAK ASS SO CALLED DIRECTOR ASS **** **** ON A TRUE LEGACY LIKE THAT. YALL SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF. REALLY. THIS MOVIE WAS TRASH AF. I MEAN REALLY BAD WORSER THEN SEASON 3 OF THE SCREAM TV SHOW. IT WAS THE WORST. HANDS DOWN. YALL ALL ****TED IN WES I HOPE YALL UNDERSTAND THAT. KEVIN WILLIAMS, **** YOU WRONG. YOU SAT YOUR ASS UP THERE ON THAT PRODUCTION SET AND KNOWING DAMN WELL THAT THIS MOVIE WAS AN INSULT TO THE WES AND THE SCREAM AND HORROR FANS AROUND THE WORLD. **** BYE. I PLANNED NOT TO CUSS IN THE NEW YEAR BUT **** THAT AND **** YOU KEVIN NEVE COURTNEY AND DAVID AND THOSE TWO STUPID ASS DIRECTORS THATS NAMELESS IN MY BOOK. AND THE WRITER CAN SUCK ASS. I THOUGHT I WAS WATCHING SCARY MOVIE 6. **** BYE! THAN YALL LET THESE ****ES KILL OFF DEWEY ??? IT WASNT A GOOD ENOUGH MOVIE TO KILL OFF DEWEY. IF I WOULD OF WROTE IT SOMEONE WOULD OF HAD TO GO FROM THE TRIO. BUT IT WOULD HAVE BEEN A GOOD ENOUGH MOVIE AND A GREAT ENOUGH REASON **** BYE BYE BYE YALL SUCK AS **** FOR THIS MOVIE. NO CHASES JUST A FEW POINTLESS MEANINGLESS DUMB ASS KILLS. ALL THEIR ACTING SUCKED A ****TY ASS. THE BEST KILL WAS DEWEY. AND EVEN THAT SUCKED ASS. A ****TY ASS. **** YALL! SIDNEY OLD ASS PUSHING A STROLLER **** ITS BEEN 25 years YOUR KIDS SHOULD BE GROWN. WHERES KINCAID? WHERE MARTHAS BLACK MAN? MAKE IT MAKE SENSE! WHO IS SIDNEY NOW? WHERE DO SHE WORK? SCREAM IS A SIDNEY MOVIE. SHES THE BEYONCÉ OF DESTINYS CHILD STOP TRYING TO PASS THE TORCH TO KELLY. GALE? I’m done. Don’t want this to come back and haunt me with all THE CANCEL CULTURE GOING AROUND. But GALE I THOUGHT U LOVE DEWEY WHY NOBODY CRIED. **** YALL! WHACK MOVIE! THEY SABOTAGED THIS MANS LEGACY AND DEDICATED IT TO HIM. THESE FOLKS COLD! MIC DROPPED. Expand
bengaliprince21Jan 14, 2022
The best written SCREAM sequel since 1997's SCREAM 2. The film is aware of exactly what it's trying to do and acknowledges it. Rewatchable, clever and fun.
TotalBiscuit257Jan 15, 2022
Lame nothing burger of a movie, full of modern political and Twitter weirdo pandering clichés, utterly tedius ending, open insults to the fans and absolutely nothing new to offer. A far cry from the subversive and genre breaking original. NotLame nothing burger of a movie, full of modern political and Twitter weirdo pandering clichés, utterly tedius ending, open insults to the fans and absolutely nothing new to offer. A far cry from the subversive and genre breaking original. Not truly bad due to competent acting and cinematography, just completely forgettable and pointless. Expand
crankyermaJan 17, 2022
This one starts off pretty slow but kicks into overdrive by the second act turning point. The new characters are fairly underwhelming. I really wasn't too invested in their survival. The best parts were the discussions of the ever evolvingThis one starts off pretty slow but kicks into overdrive by the second act turning point. The new characters are fairly underwhelming. I really wasn't too invested in their survival. The best parts were the discussions of the ever evolving rules for the genre and David Arquette's performance. The legacy characters of the franchise are still the best. It's not even a question but this one was okay. It was better than the fourth installment. Expand
m_sawyerJan 14, 2022
This is an exciting requel that defies all odds. It's gorrier, more meta, but at the same time emotional, suspenseful, and nerve wrecking. Most of the new cast is great, and our legacy trio strong as usual, even if slightly in the backgroundThis is an exciting requel that defies all odds. It's gorrier, more meta, but at the same time emotional, suspenseful, and nerve wrecking. Most of the new cast is great, and our legacy trio strong as usual, even if slightly in the background (in a way). I would have loved the movie if the lead (Sam) was better - her character, some acting and story felt like they needed more work, but it all came together in its third act. Expand
MattyIce34Jan 14, 2022
The more you like the Scream movies the more you’ll get out of this, but it’s a fun (and brutal!) slasher regardless
MrGhostfaceJan 14, 2022
Very good and twisty and intense. I will say I thought there could've been a slightly better killer reveal, but I love how it set up a path for a sixth movie. Better than 3 and 4 for sure and probably 2 even, but of course nothing beats theVery good and twisty and intense. I will say I thought there could've been a slightly better killer reveal, but I love how it set up a path for a sixth movie. Better than 3 and 4 for sure and probably 2 even, but of course nothing beats the original. I loved how Sam was connected and man I hope there will be a sixth film. Expand
AdesaJan 24, 2022
The acting was terrible, dialogue seemed so forced. I don’t know how they casted the main girl, Sam, she was the worst actress.
manningn15Jan 18, 2022
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I was extremely suprised at how great Scream (5) was, I loved it and honestly think it is the best Scream film since the first 2 and one of the all-time best sequels I've ever seen. The writing was phenomenal; I loved how they kept up with the whole horror movie meta commentary and think that they did the best at the commentary since the first film also felt they did a great job at making you second guess everything. The special effects with all the kills were superb. The ensembles performances were exceptional especially from Jenna Ortega, Courteney Cox, Neve Campbell, Melissa Barrera, Marley Shelton, David Arquette, Jack Quaid, Jasmin Savoy Brown, Mikey Madison, Dylan Minnette, Sonia Ben Ammar, and Mason Gooding. Also though it was disappointing that they killed off Dewey I do like that they took that jump to kill off one of the original three survivors and also loved that they revealed that Kirby survived. An A+ sequel. Expand
sashalidgJan 14, 2022
awesome awesome awesome awe some awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awe some awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awe some awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awe some awesome awesome awesome awesomeawesome awesome awesome awe some awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awe some awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awe some awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awe some awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awe some awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awe some awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awe some awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awe some awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awe some awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awe some awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awe some awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awe some awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awe some awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awe some awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awe some awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awe some awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awe some awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awe some awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awe some awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awe some awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awe some awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awe some awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awe some awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awe some awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awe some awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awe some awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awe some awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awe some awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awe some awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awe some awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awe some awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awe some awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awe some awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awe some awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awe some awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awe some awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awe some awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awe some awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awe some awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awe some awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awe some awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awe some awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awe some awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awe some awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awe some awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awe some awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awe some awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awe some awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awe some awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awe some awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awe some awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awe some awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awe some awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awe some awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awe some awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awe some awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awe some awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awe some awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awe some awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awe some awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awe some awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awe some awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awe some awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awe some awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awe some awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awe some awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awe some awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awe some awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awe some awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awe some awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awe some awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awe some awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awe some awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awe some awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awe some awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awe some awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awe some awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awe some awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awe some awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awe some awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awe some awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awe some awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awe some awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awe some awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awe some awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awe some awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome Expand
TheUglyCasanovaFeb 18, 2022
I almost felt like parts of it were meant to be comedy while some of Dewey's parts were overly dramatic.

Still a pretty fun watch though and that's what these movies were always about.
jackcarlin18Jan 14, 2022
A brutal, unrelenting and often hilarious 2022 re-quel; Radio Silence’s Scream is a near pitch-perfect love letter to the Scream franchise, with enough violent creativity and heart to solidify it as both a worthy follow-up and a great startA brutal, unrelenting and often hilarious 2022 re-quel; Radio Silence’s Scream is a near pitch-perfect love letter to the Scream franchise, with enough violent creativity and heart to solidify it as both a worthy follow-up and a great start for a new direction. “What’s your favourite scary movie?” Ghostface taunts; well, this year it might just be Scream. Expand
Madonna26Jan 14, 2022
Close to as good as the original. Even better in some aspects. A perfect blend of comedy, nostalgia, emotion and suspense that leaves you wanting more.
WesHoustonJan 14, 2022
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Mild but not explicit spoilers. Lots of good things to say. But cannot say it surpasses Scream 4. Killer's motives, setting up new protagonist, all great. Investment in characters is difficult with so much going on. One questionable, why didn't you do this simple thing situation, leading to a major death. Truly appreciate the death (much needed, and probably hated by most) but personally seemed easy to avoid and cheapened by this fact. Loved the death scene, just wish setup wasn't so ridiculous.

Love the flip-flop of expectation. While fans asking for the return of one character that could possibly, but unlikely make sense, they pull off a logical way to bring back the other (who definitely couldn't come back) instead. Given the nature of this films motive being upset fans, this was a pleasant, if not gutsy move.

Liked the back-to-basics approach, as called out in the movie, just felt that they skipped a few of the basics. With this many characters to juggle, hard to pull off caring about most of them. One killer in particular, was telegraphed to no question. No real depth that I remember, a background character, but not surprised. The other, without watching trailers or knowing anything about the movie I suspected solely on their range in past performances. With lots of screen time to give many reasons of doubt, had me mostly convinced this wasn't the case. So convincing, that when it happened, I wish it didn't. Much like Stu in the first film, the likeable character you didn't want to be a killer. but once he was, it elevated the movie.

The issue is the first movie hit you by surprise, Billy was the killer, and Stu was the unexpected surprise. Unlike this film's, we'll reveal a telegraphed killer, tell you there is another, and guess who that is surprise seemed less impactful.

The first film treated both as equals and the surprise was there was not one, but two killers and you didn't know. Again, cheapening the performance of killer 1 just to advertise killer 2, throws off that balance. To 3's credit it went against the norm and did single killer with motive tying back to the first film, actually the instigator of it all. Trilogy end. (Even if it is worst of the franchise, it done something different)

To this end, this film franchise cannot find its way past, or begin to top the original surprise of there were two of them. It has stalled ever since. But while the word stall seems negative, it is better than declining. While most horror sequel 5's are direct to whatever releases, this feels worthy of a theatrical release, and if it has stalled since the first, this is on par with all of the other sequels.
erolsabadoshJan 15, 2022
As a huge Scream fan I was not disappointed! This may be the slickest of all the sequels and makes me want more. The filmmakers did a great job of serving the fans in my opinion with loads of callbacks to all of the previous films. It wasAs a huge Scream fan I was not disappointed! This may be the slickest of all the sequels and makes me want more. The filmmakers did a great job of serving the fans in my opinion with loads of callbacks to all of the previous films. It was scary, intense, funny, emotional, nostalgic, fresh... best time I've had watching something in a while. Grab a fellow Scream fan/fans and go watch it, it's a rollercoaster! Expand
PanchogulJan 14, 2022
Saliendo de ver Scream 5 y no se realmente cómo empezar a expresar mis impresiones.

Partiendo con lo más importante de todo: Wes Craven estaría ORGULLOSÍSIMO, estoy seguro de que así sería. Toda la película es un homenaje a la cinta original de 1996 luciendo como algo completamente único.

La sátira sobre los refritos hollywoodenses y los fans tóxicos e inconformes de las diversas franquicias cinematográficas está expuesta de manera increíblemente inteligente.

Muchas veces puede verse predecible para los que vieron la primera película, solo para que inmediatamente después comienzan a caer sorpresas a bocajarro.

Es en exceso astuta, inteligente, real y tan despiadada que a menudo olvidaba que solo es una película.

El regreso de los protagonistas originales podría conmover a los fans más acérrimos de forma relativamente dramática.

Los nuevos personajes son una clara representación de la juventud de hoy en día sin generar repudio en lo absoluto, todos juegan un rol fundamental.

Por último, es visceral, sangrienta, violenta, neurótica y tenebrosa, llevo años sin tener una experiencia así viendo una película de terror, además de ser la primera de la saga Scream que veo en cines, es imperdible, y por el momento, la mejor película de terror del año.

+100
ricardocalcvuJan 16, 2022
This movie is amazing. The references, the performances, everything is great.
rhettxparkerJan 14, 2022
The best addition to the franchise since Scream 96! I could not be happier with this film.
MEACHER1991Jan 14, 2022
Both the OG and the new cast are phenomenal in the new Scream movie, and it's the best entry in the franchise since the original in 1996. There's adequete scares, and good twists and turns, as expected in a Scream movie. The writing in ScreamBoth the OG and the new cast are phenomenal in the new Scream movie, and it's the best entry in the franchise since the original in 1996. There's adequete scares, and good twists and turns, as expected in a Scream movie. The writing in Scream 2022 is also fantastic, this is a must-see! If anybody asks me 'What's your favourite scary movie - Scream 2022 is now going to be my answer. Expand
Lotto1999Jan 14, 2022
Um Filme recheado de fan service e muitas referências, um presente aos fãs da franquia. O ghostface está mais assustador do que numca.
luizfsv52Jan 14, 2022
Even without Wes Craven, this franchise is capable of reinventing itself. The meta critic in this one os sharpest than ever. The new cast is awesome, as well as the OG ones. It’s an amazing fan service movie while criticizing the fan serviceEven without Wes Craven, this franchise is capable of reinventing itself. The meta critic in this one os sharpest than ever. The new cast is awesome, as well as the OG ones. It’s an amazing fan service movie while criticizing the fan service as a whole. Expand
WBHJan 20, 2022
First sequel to perfectly balance the horror and humor that made the original so fun!!

I think this might’ve been the most fun I’ve had in a movie theater in a minute. Let me preface this review by stating upfront that I promise to make this review as vague and spoiler-free as possible. Now, with all of that out of the way, lets review....

Since 2011, I have felt the best sequel in the franchise that we had gotten thus far was Scream 4 (2011); followed very closely by that original sequel, Scream 2 (1997). But I have got to say…this fifth film stepped out swinging, and without question, it earned my respect.

Scream (2022) finds a way to perfectly balance the horror, suspense and satirical elements that has made these films so much fun to watch time after time.

It strayed away from those surrealistic comedic beats that made Scream 3 (2000) and Scream 4 (2011) feel almost cartoonish at times. Now, with all of that being said, I still love both of those films.

There was one recurring element of this new film that I really did not like all that much. I can see half of the fans loving it and the other half hating it. It just did nothing to add enough to the story and it came off more like a fan service camouflaged as character development. I just found it to be pretty unnecessary.

As a die hard fan of the original and its sequels. I can say that, in my opinion, this is the first sequel to actually match the feel of the original Scream (1996), which is a tone that is extremely difficult to match.

All in all, I gotta say this fifth film was an extremely pleasant surprise. I am very happy that the cast & crew paid so much respect to all of the other films and most importantly Wes Craven, who I think would have been really proud of this new entry. This movie was a terrific way to kick off a new storyline with new characters. The goals Craven and Kevin Williamson set out to accomplish in Scream 4 (2011) were finally brought to fruition here with this new entry. Allowing the legacy characters the opportunity for closure while keeping the world open to a future that can bring new faces and new storylines. I am so ready to see the continuation of this world and can’t wait to see where it goes from here.
RapidFireJan 17, 2022
SCREAM 5

SCREAM 5

Was 17 when I saw the first one in 1996 on VHS, funny enough tho I saw Scream 2 first in the cinema only because my mates wanted to go see it. Watched Scream 3 with my cousin and sister thinking it was the final chapter and certainly felt like it was. then came Scream 4 in 2011.....NEW RULES, THE GAME CHANGED supposed to usher in a new trilogy.....but then nothing came after, 10 years later however we have the 5th Installment, some people will call it a reboot/sequel......no to me its just the 5th chapter in the Scream Saga. I enjoyed the movie, the kills were gory but in terms of how it rank with the other movies I would say its probably my 3rd favorite SCARY MOVIE in the franchise.
MetacriticOnurFeb 17, 2022
excellent
[ ek-suh-luhnt ]

adjective
possessing outstanding quality or superior merit; remarkably good.
LumdogFeb 20, 2022
If you just turn your brain off, its mindless and stupid fun. It's very meta and self-referential which I think mostly works due to the silly tone its going for; it pokes fun at the slasher genre. Honestly worth watching if you're just in theIf you just turn your brain off, its mindless and stupid fun. It's very meta and self-referential which I think mostly works due to the silly tone its going for; it pokes fun at the slasher genre. Honestly worth watching if you're just in the mood for some teenage angst and gory kills. Expand
JayQuirozJan 14, 2022
Review Title: Scream With Heart

Review Title: Scream With Heart

I really enjoyed the movie, it is pretty corny sure but the return of original characters we grew up with while adding some new ideas and still paying homage to the original was good, especially the dynamic between the two leads and what came from the original that led to their mysterious fractured relationship. There's a lot of heart here and cheesy one liners but the kills are brutal and the acting is purposefully bad to the point its self-aware which the movies are known for. If this is truly the last Scream, I think it ends on a high note. 8.0/10 is my score.

I would like to add that it is NOT a movie you need to see in theaters, it would be just as good at home, I really do think this should have been on a streaming service and missed a good opportunity but I had a good time at my theater regardless of my opinion.
Fahad90Jan 14, 2022
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. تمنيت لو كنت شاهدت جميع افلام السلسلة قبل مشاهدة هذا الفيلم لأنه مبني بشكل كبير على الأحداث السابقة Expand
PACHSJan 14, 2022
Excelente regreso, buena unión del cast original y el nuevo, el nuevo ghostface es genial, sin embargo la revelación en la tercera parte puede ser un poco decepcionante el motivo.
CLAYTAYLOR21Jan 16, 2022
While not being a particularly scary slasher flick, Scream is still a fun movie because of the uncertainty of the situation. It's a lot of fun to try to figure out what will happen next, and many of the characters function as solid redWhile not being a particularly scary slasher flick, Scream is still a fun movie because of the uncertainty of the situation. It's a lot of fun to try to figure out what will happen next, and many of the characters function as solid red herrings until the big reveal. I also liked the relationship between the two sisters quite a bit as they provided the movie with a little bit of heart. I was genuinely rooting for them both to make it. Aside from them a lot of the characters are pretty shallow and undeveloped, and, as someone with no nostalgia for the franchise, the shoehorning in of past characters felt a little unnecessary. Nonetheless, Scream is an entertaining and self aware horror flick with loads of great meta humour. Expand
DeviltherobotJan 19, 2022
The best Scream since the original. The meta commentary on soft reboots and toxic fans was great. If you follow the film industry then you will like this movie. It does what the matrix 4 did, but better.
victorsanchez01Jan 14, 2022
If you are a fan of the saga you will love this movie.

If you are a fan of the saga you will love this movie.

I would say that it is the best in the sense that the actors did an excellent job developing the new characters without removing the protagonist from the originals. The characters get into our thoughts and give us perspective on how the movie unfolds, seeing from the outside and inside. Excellent story to introduce the new characters and mix them with the old ones. I feel that it lacks a bit of character when they discover the identity of the murderers but the emotion is not lost since the beginning of the movie.
tomarkJan 14, 2022
Amazing movie! I was so excited while watching the movie. Metaplot, metahorror, metaSCREAM
Dan93snellingJan 14, 2022
Wes would be so proud!

Wes would be so proud!

Scream 2022 is everything you want a scream movie to be. It's meta, scary and funny but also it's also a very brutal, bloody and fresh addition the franchise! This is the most brutal Ghostface yet and the OG cast and the new blood blend so well together! Best sequel of the franchise (maybe tied with Scream 2) absolutely loved it! Great performances all round as well from the new cast.

Radio Silence are true fans and it shows! They have really knocked it out of the park and I cannot wait for a sequel! (hopefully)

They have made way for a new era for Scream and I'm here for it! Perfect passing of the torch movie.
eltoxico17_Jan 14, 2022
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view.
KeylorPJan 14, 2022
MtvslimeJan 14, 2022
I would say it was all around a good movie. I would of changed a few things for sure but other then that pretty good and best kills in a scream movie so far.
Fidel0Jan 14, 2022
Definitely lives up to the older scream movies. Great cast, gory kills, and nostalgia.
yomtvzacJan 15, 2022
Amazing addition to the Scream franchise. It’s hard to bring a movie like scream into theaters over and over again but this film accomplished it.
ScreamFan20Jan 15, 2022
It's a Scream Baby! Brilliance at its finest. The Character Development for each New Cast Member was Top Notch. Had me on the edge of my seat the entire time! High Praise for Melissa Barrera and Jack Quaid.
Dewan15Jan 16, 2022
Bardzo dobry film. Hołd dla reżysera. Dużo smaczków dla fanów. Dużo krwi.
Chicken_TendiesJan 16, 2022
it is a pretty good, clever, and funny, movie there are some horror elements and I am pretty sure Wes would be so proud R.I.P legend.
AlicialaurieJan 20, 2022
So good! A welcome follow up thats definitely on par with the original. A few cheesy lines here and there but honestly amazing and cant wait to see it again
Ksa87Feb 25, 2022
This was one of the worst movies ive seen in a while. Cant believe rating are so high, clearly they were high. Ive watched the old Scream movies but basing a movie on nostalgia is nonsense. We blame Hollywood for unoriginal movies but themThis was one of the worst movies ive seen in a while. Cant believe rating are so high, clearly they were high. Ive watched the old Scream movies but basing a movie on nostalgia is nonsense. We blame Hollywood for unoriginal movies but them praised them when they give us Expand
TVJerryJan 21, 2022
This is actually the 5th version of the popular slasher series, but they're calling it a "requel" because it revives some of the franchise's tropes and characters, while creating its own story. It not only follows the structure of itsThis is actually the 5th version of the popular slasher series, but they're calling it a "requel" because it revives some of the franchise's tropes and characters, while creating its own story. It not only follows the structure of its predecessors, the characters delight in how the meta implications of the films parallel their current situation. Obs, Ghostface returns to terrorize and slash the community, 25 years after the original. In addition to the slew of new young victims, 3 members of the original are back (Neve Campbell, Courteney Cox and David Arquette). Sadly, while the original upended audience expectations, this one delights in confirming all of their hopes, including numerous knifings and continually shifting suspicions. One sequence that ruined the whole thing for me is set in a hospital with apparently only one patient and a security guard. Nothing about the vicious stabbings or jump scares is original, leaving this an uninspired homage. In a nice note: This was dedicated to Wes Craven, who helmed the other 4 films. FUN FACT: Cox and Arquette met while shooting these films, got married and are now divorced. Expand
dharmaFeb 18, 2022
The best SCREAM since the original one, this smart, tense and bloody sequel is a hell of a good time. As per usual, it satirizes many of the current film tropes and provided a surprising commentary of it. To say more will be a big spoilerThe best SCREAM since the original one, this smart, tense and bloody sequel is a hell of a good time. As per usual, it satirizes many of the current film tropes and provided a surprising commentary of it. To say more will be a big spoiler for the film. Anyway, the casts are back, the duo directors played a great homage to Craven's style to a big degree. A must see. Expand
Compi24Jan 25, 2022
Inarguably one of the horror genre's more important touchstones, the "Scream" movies have comprised an admitted blindspot in my movie-going journey, with all four of the original films remaining on my backlog to this day. It's tough to sayInarguably one of the horror genre's more important touchstones, the "Scream" movies have comprised an admitted blindspot in my movie-going journey, with all four of the original films remaining on my backlog to this day. It's tough to say whether or not — or sometimes even how — this newest iteration stacks up against the others, but having seen most of the first film and bits and pieces of the others, I suppose I'll give it a crack. This mostly works. The central mystery does fine in holding the film together. Even when the ultimate reveal didn't stick the landing for me, I could still find entertainment in the product. I don't really have skin in this game, but I suppose I can see where fans of the franchise take issue with certain choices made here. Speaking of which, the meta-commentary on Hollywood and filmmaking this time around is definitely something. A little hyperbolic and unsatisfying in terms of the direction you thought the narrative was going, but definitely something. All in all, it's certainly not typical January horror fare, which is a plus, to say the least. Expand
marcmyworksFeb 1, 2022
The rules have changed again and now the killer is trying to ... well its too spoilerific. Overall, well done, though some story problems and shot too tight.
bfoore90Jan 27, 2022
A great mix of nostalgia, comedy and horror, Scream is easily the best entry in the franchise since the original.
FelipePedro07Aug 23, 2022
Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Voodoo123Mar 2, 2022
The original scream was an inspired reworking of the genre with a unique 'meta' take on itself but this 2022 'requel' takes this concept to the edge and beyond sitting right next to its sister genre parody. Its really tough to be surprisingThe original scream was an inspired reworking of the genre with a unique 'meta' take on itself but this 2022 'requel' takes this concept to the edge and beyond sitting right next to its sister genre parody. Its really tough to be surprising in this genre and although its clear alot of thought went into the ideas behind it, it seems the effort made to anticipate the audience was prioritised over making a functional horror movie. I never felt even a tinge of tension as things were just moving too fast with too many characters that carried far too much beef around each other and I ultimately felt this would have worked far far better as a miniseries where we could get more time in its world and actually slow things down enough to feel the horror and unravel the mystery of the ghost faced killer. Still if you just want to munch popcorn and watch 30 yr olds pretending to be teenagers getting murdered then this movie is for you! Expand
rickxy007Jun 22, 2022
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The movie is absolutely unoriginal, even for such a crappy story to begin with.
Acting is even ok for a slasher movie, but the ideas are so poorly implemented that it is repetitive, bland, boring. Bringing the old cast back together was nice, but fruitless. No connection exists anymore, and quite honestly both Cox as well as Campbell acted as if doing a favor to the producers. Seems as if it is merely another bait and switch movie.
And obviously, who is to blame for an incredibly dumb movie? TOXIC FANDOM!!

Whiny men (such as me, I suppose) who want o have some measure of quality in the products the consume
MattBrady99Mar 22, 2022
“Well, maybe you're the killer. Because that cut deep.”

“Well, maybe you're the killer. Because that cut deep.”

Scream (2022) takes the meta, “requel” approach that seems to be getting popular in modern franchise movies. For those who don’t know; “requel” basically means when a movie revisits sections from an earlier film, for example, a well-known movie franchise, but is technically not a remake. However, I feel this trend will eventually be tired out, but I feel it makes more sense with the ‘Scream’ franchise with its commentary.

So, this movie brings in the new but also brings back the old to the series. The legacy characters make a return and are well respected. Neve Campbell isn’t featured as much this time around, which means she’s not the focus of the story. Campbells and Courteney Cox
have a great team-up scene that was a personal highlight for me. Campbell also has the best line in the whole movie during the climax, “Enjoy that torch”.

The new cast of characters was fine, and the performance was all decent. David Arquette was surprisingly the standout here, as out of the cast he delivered the most memorable performance in the movie. Jenna Ortega was also great in this, especially with the dramatic scenes. I liked how this approached toxic fan-base, with the stimulus being the ‘Stab’ movies within the Scream universe, in terms of how the franchise has evolved and how “woke” it got because when you try to criticize how meta it is, you’re only proving the film's point. I think we are all familiar with toxic fan bases, so this was satisfying to watch.

If I must be honest, I’m a bit unenthusiastic about this one. I don’t know why, but maybe it’s just that I didn’t get much out of this one. While I can recognize there are good elements on the screen, and yet I felt nothing towards it. Of course, there’s going to be another one, and I just hope that it does something a lot fresher rather than walk on familiar ground, in terms of structure.

Overall rating: Should’ve been called 5cream.
Rebecca31Jan 30, 2022
Well Ghostface had a look at Michael Myers crawling back from the grave and said “I’m having a piece of that.” Yes that’s right Scream is back and thankfully following a step by step formula of the original classic. It worked so well theWell Ghostface had a look at Michael Myers crawling back from the grave and said “I’m having a piece of that.” Yes that’s right Scream is back and thankfully following a step by step formula of the original classic. It worked so well the first time why not bring it back to basics. Scream 5 is so clearly made by true fans of the Scream franchise that it’s actually hard not to enjoy it. I went in with very low expectations, I thought I’d end up seeing another failed sequel like Halloween Kills but in fact Scream 5 is everything you need in a slasher film while staying as faithful as possible to the original.

The town of Woodsboro is living in peace after the series of murders that occurred twenty-five years ago. Now a brand new Ghostface has shown up to murder more annoying teenagers. If you don’t know who at least one of the killers is within the first ten minutes then you haven’t been paying attention and if you don’t realise there are two killers then you’re definitely in the wrong franchise. Scream is not afraid to make fun of its own movies and horror movie tropes in general. It also takes plenty of time to remind the audience of what will get you killed in a horror movie along with a running commentary on horror movies made over the last twenty years. It’s a perfect mix of comedy, horror and nostalgia. We all know nostalgia sells and is very successful at getting people back into cinemas, and getting the original cast back was the right idea and has paid off.

I wouldn’t say it’s as scary as it could have been, the opening scene particularly tried and failed to recreate the iconic scene in the original Scream. It’s definitely more on the comedy and bloody side of horror movies but it didn’t get a single jump scare out of me. Although it’s not exactly scary it is a slasher movie and it certainly delivers on the blood and gore. It also keeps the trend of everyone magically being able to run around like nothing happened after being knifed or having their stomach slashed open. Sure we all know the way to survive a horror movie is to cover the gushing wound with your hand, limp around for a bit and then break into a full on run like you’re not on the verge of bleeding to death. Don’t obsess over these details, honestly you’ll ruin any potential enjoyment if you start focusing on the inconsistencies. Just sit back and enjoy.

Scream 5 was far better than I expected it to be so well done lads. It delivers everything you’d expect in a slasher movie but that’s enough now, leave it alone. If I see another Scream movie on the horizon in the next few years I swear I’ll feckin’ scream. You’ve pointed out how Hollywood has lost its originality and yes you’re right about that so don’t fall into the same never ending loop that Halloween seems to be trapped in. Please take your own advice and be happy with how this sequel has turned out and move on to something else. Horror franchises aren’t meant to go on forever, even Saw knew it was finally time to stop. Halloween hasn’t quite figured it out yet but they will eventually. Scream is a fitting tribute to Wes Craven. It’s entertaining, ultra-gory and highly recommended for the horror fans.
CPTAmericaFeb 6, 2022
I really wanted to like this movie. I love the slasher genre, a big fan of the original, but really hated this movie. The acting, the “meta” storytelling, the directing, were all among the worst I’ve ever seen.
adzjonesJan 31, 2022
As a fan of all previous 4 movies for one thing or another, I am ranking this one high for sentiment and ability to open next chapter in the franchise! Everything old is new again and it feels as much of a fresh start as it does nod to theAs a fan of all previous 4 movies for one thing or another, I am ranking this one high for sentiment and ability to open next chapter in the franchise! Everything old is new again and it feels as much of a fresh start as it does nod to the last 25 years. Die hard fans of the franchise will not be disappointed! New fans will be able to connect and enjoy an overall well plotted t modern thriller! Expand
XelanakMar 16, 2022
As all horor movies sequels this one is a pure dog **** characters, poor scenario, bad plot seriously i m glad Wes Craven didnt see this!
Dont waste your time with this trust me
JPKJun 22, 2022
Strong Instalment Of The Franchise

With fantastic kills, Hilarious humor, A great script, Tension, And a great shot at modern sequels, The fifth instalment of the Scream franchise is one of it’s best.
Biopunk-XFeb 24, 2022
It's so sad that movie industry came this far. They can not come up with anything new, so they remaster a classic with the cheapest noname actors, some of them are not even ment for the cameras. I wanted to rage quit at the lgbtq+ propaganda,It's so sad that movie industry came this far. They can not come up with anything new, so they remaster a classic with the cheapest noname actors, some of them are not even ment for the cameras. I wanted to rage quit at the lgbtq+ propaganda, but If I already tortured myself for a hour, I've finished watching it. The only reason I'm not giving it a 0 is because I haven't payed for it. Please stop with these remasters.. Expand
SoulWarfareMar 11, 2022
An excellent homage to the original director, Wes Craven, of Scream 1-4. It includes the expected meta-commentary on the horror genre and I love that the franchise is still self-aware about it. It also includes some very gruesome kills andAn excellent homage to the original director, Wes Craven, of Scream 1-4. It includes the expected meta-commentary on the horror genre and I love that the franchise is still self-aware about it. It also includes some very gruesome kills and some good scares. It has returning legacy characters and they are all still great in the role. Of the new younger cast, only the main character Sam Carpenter is memorable. The rest of the cast are quite forgettable and all of them ramble about the rules of horror/slasher rather than just one person in the original. They can also ramble about it for a bit too long. The Ghostface revelation is a bit disappointing as the motive is incredibly weak and there is a severe lack of foreshadowing for it.

Overall, not as great as Wes Craven was at his best but never as bad as his more disappointing entries (Scream 3). It's a pretty entertaining movie and a good entry in the franchise.
BowdyBearJan 25, 2022
I give this 3 stars for each of the OGs. Otherwise this is a really bad Scream movie and sequel/reboot. The motive was worse than 4 and I consider 4 the worst of the series. You can tell this is the finale for the OG's and the new cast areI give this 3 stars for each of the OGs. Otherwise this is a really bad Scream movie and sequel/reboot. The motive was worse than 4 and I consider 4 the worst of the series. You can tell this is the finale for the OG's and the new cast are nowhere near good or strong enough to carry the franchise forward. A sad fizzle out of the OG's story arc that deserved better. As with Scream 4 I will likely ignore this films existence (and any sequels) and continue to enjoy the original iconic trilogy. Expand
bersi84Apr 25, 2022
Scream 2022 was surprisingly good a bit rougher than before and with a huge portion of self induced irony (a little bit much at times). Overall it felt like a worthy heir to the series and I enjoyed my watch. There is nothing special toScream 2022 was surprisingly good a bit rougher than before and with a huge portion of self induced irony (a little bit much at times). Overall it felt like a worthy heir to the series and I enjoyed my watch. There is nothing special to Scream 2022 but if you grab some popcorn and watch the movie with some horror enjoyers it will be a nice ride. Expand
FaxthtaxFeb 19, 2022
Not a terrible movie. But ruined by the typical jump scare tactics. There is too many of them.
Jump scare is a short lived effect. You seen a couple of films with these and they do not bite you anymore. Predictable.
The ending was a bit dumb.
The ending was a bit dumb. It disappointed me.
theredskyFeb 18, 2022
Easily the best Scream sequel. It still has some similar issues but it’s message, acting, and stakes really bring this up against the rest of the sequels. Obviously it’s nowhere near being better than the OG but this does a lot right. ThereEasily the best Scream sequel. It still has some similar issues but it’s message, acting, and stakes really bring this up against the rest of the sequels. Obviously it’s nowhere near being better than the OG but this does a lot right. There are actually stakes in this plot. The film doesn’t hold back with both the new and old characters. The film hints to you that anyone can die now. They aren’t protected anymore and we do see some gruesome deaths. I was able to call the major death but it still hit hard as their death was poetic and a final salute to that character. The new characters definitely were hit or miss for me. I really enjoyed Jenna Ortega’s character a lot and she gives a great performance. I’m excited to see where her career goes from here. Melissa Barrera’s character was also pretty good as well. She has ties to the original movie that don’t feel too forced as they actually do something with this connection in the story. Courtney Cox, Neve Campbell, and David Arquette are all having a blast here and it was a ton of fun to see them on screen again. I really enjoyed that the film’s main message this time was to poke fun at toxic fandoms. This is definitely something very prevalent in franchise films such as Star Wars, Marvel, and the DCEU and the commentary about how studios shouldn’t appeal to these people because they won’t be happy regardless. Their franchise films have to be exactly the way they want it but that’s not how the business works unless you are the Director with unlimited creative freedom. The villains are tied to this idea throughout the villain. The message is good but the actual villains are once again weak. One of them is important to the story and is kinda good but the other isn’t. The other villain comes out of nowhere but their death scenes were very satisfying. I would definitely recommend checking this out if you really liked the original Scream film. Expand
ARBO2k9Jan 23, 2022
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. For the most part it was enjoyable. My biggest issue was the characters, none of the new cast were memorable in anyway really. The killer's were too easy pick out, the first two people I had suspected were guilty. The second biggest issue was their motivation, just really didn't hit home for me. Other than that it was decent, I might rewatch it and see if I enjoy it more the second time. Expand
Smiler_0Jan 22, 2022
Very well made movie, I loved it a lot, the 5 movies were very well done, and I love that they were on vacation with the same plot
BeardedYodaJan 29, 2022
Scream is exactly what you'd expect it to be, and is also exactly what it probably needed to be. Besides some entertaining, but a tad on the nose, "meta" moments, the film is pretty straight forward. Also the dialogue can be a bit off atScream is exactly what you'd expect it to be, and is also exactly what it probably needed to be. Besides some entertaining, but a tad on the nose, "meta" moments, the film is pretty straight forward. Also the dialogue can be a bit off at times, with some lines coming off as laughable. That being said, the movie is shot well, is pretty fun to watch, and it's plot isn't a confusing mess - so that's good. Taking all of that into account, I'd recommend watching Scream; It's a basic, but fun, movie. Also, you don't need to see the other Scream sequels to understand this one - I didn't. Expand
Josephgamers65Apr 9, 2022
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Scream 2022 is one of the best horror movies in the last decade one of the best horror films to me and honoring wes craven i’m gonna be honest wes craven vision i’m not the biggest fan of definitely when it comes down to the sequels of course the original is an amazing film the sequels are just feel dead to be with no really style idk but this new scream movie is like the identical to the original i think this scream movie when comparing to the original has better characters to me better kills and i like the entire world too but the original has better kills and a better opening if i’m gonna be comparing but this movie is pretty awesome like the kills so brutal which is everything i wanted and more and yes this will be an spoiler but dewey does die and it’s very sad how he dies like that he was the best he has ever been in the entire scream franchise than gale seeing him dead is very sad too with the music in the background too is sooo good my god i loved it i just can’t believe this movie has stakes but not the last four movies which is odd to me i like ghost face in this with the voice is soooooo **** good i can’t to explain how good it is and can never be someone else doing it alrighty the killers um i do like amber as is she’s kinda like jill in scream 4 but richi the hell he has no reason to be there that’s one issue that’s it i think this movie is genius and amazing so glad this came out and not a movie just to make movie. So all-round scream 2022/Scream 5 is an amazing horror film that horror was with amazing kills and stakes I give Scream 2022 an A+ 99% Expand
Stream2BigScreeJan 18, 2022
Why does it seem like horror franchises just keep going on and on and on, sequel after sequel after sequel? I guess action franchises do the same thing. Ugh, aren’t there any original ideas!?! Okay, Streamers, I’m not going to complainWhy does it seem like horror franchises just keep going on and on and on, sequel after sequel after sequel? I guess action franchises do the same thing. Ugh, aren’t there any original ideas!?! Okay, Streamers, I’m not going to complain anymore because I rushed out to see Scream (2022) in the theater this weekend or as I like to call it “Scream 5.” Is it a sequel, a reboot, a re-quel? Let’s see whether this re-quel killed.

Do you really need to know the plot of Scream (2022)? Have you seen any of the previous 4 Scream movies? It’s that. Fine! A new set a teen idiots in Woodsboro are getting killed by a person in a Ghostface mask. Sidney, Gale and Dewey get dragged back into this mess because there is some connection to the murders from the original Scream 25 years ago. Serial killings with sharp knives ensue.

The Scream franchise is supposed to be filled with outrageous killings, humor and movie lore. Of course, this movie has to be updated for the current moviegoing audience. Scream (2022) can’t retread what was already told to us about scary movies 25 years ago or can it? Nevertheless, the writers have found a new angle to justify the resurgence of a Ghostface killer. It is ridiculous, but what do you really expect from a fifth movie in a series? Unfortunately, very few of the killings are memorable, the humor is lacking or doesn’t land (there’s one really good LOL moment), and the movie lore aspect is a basically a retread or completely insane – and not in a satisfying way. The tropes that are used to keep the story going are frustrating especially when smart characters like Sidney Prescott and Gale Weathers are brought back. They should know better!

On a side note: the new set of teen idiots are terrible. They are just fodder for the killer – walking, talking meat shields that exist just to die. It’s a waste of time to put any effort into connecting with them. They’re not even funny enough to lament once they’re gone. The other sequels introduced better side characters.

Scream (2022) was a disappointment. It feels like a cash grab. It has weak commentary on the current state of movies and movie fandom. It has weak new characters that exist just to be killed and are neither funny nor memorable. Everyone in this movie does dumb things that should be eradicated from scary movies, especially these Scream sequels. This movie is just entirely too frustrating to invest time in. When it comes on a streaming service, stream if bored – one popped kernel.
Boris-BarbarisFeb 23, 2022
отличный фильм, ломающий четвертую сцену, удачно стебущийся над собой, но при этом напряженный до самого финала
CoonarosFeb 1, 2022
YES this is a nice old school scary movie with all cliche that we have loved in the 90s horror movies nice mix of the old cast and the new characters and a nice and simple plot . Clever scare jumps and as splatter as needed... I wouldYES this is a nice old school scary movie with all cliche that we have loved in the 90s horror movies nice mix of the old cast and the new characters and a nice and simple plot . Clever scare jumps and as splatter as needed... I would recomend this movies. Go watch it with friend and have a nice horror night trying to figure out Who is the killer!!! Expand
SamuelGN_22Feb 21, 2022
Filled with the satire that characterized Wes Craven's first four films, this remake/sequel to Scream works very well and opens up the possibility of continuing to see Ghostface on screen.
JLauMay 22, 2022
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It's ten years later and turns out, Billy Loomis had a kid and her friends/family are getting killed but it's not actually her doing it, it's just two fans of the series who met together on Reddit. Expand
ThisGuy1Jan 31, 2022
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This movie was very close to a 7, but ultimately had one too many flaws so I'll stick with a 6 out of 10. Ultimately, I enjoyed the movie. It was essentially what Jurassic World was to the Jurassic Park franchise or The Force Awakens to the Star Wars franchise. A sequel that had just enough similar beats to the first movie to where you could confuse it for a reboot - which is exactly what it wanted to be, hence the "requel" discussion. Pros: Tight script resulting in good pacing, solid performance by the main and supporting cast, enough tongue-in-cheek moments to feel like a Scream film, and one kill that was perfectly executed and haunting. If I were to rank the Scream franchise, this movie would be right in the middle behind Scream and Scream 2 and just ahead of Scream 4, while they all drive away "accidentally" leaving Scream 3 on a trip to the grand canyon. Using toxic fandom and subreddit echo-chambers as the motive for the killers is hilarious and makes the motives of the killers mirror frustrations of present day movie makers, also mirroring and modernizing the motives of the killers in the first Scream film.

Cons: This was probably the weakest of the Scream series as far as the "whodunit" is concerned. The opening of the movie gives away the identity of one of the killers. Initially, you figured the movie was sticking to the formula and about to kill off two people in the opening. But, nope. The main victim survives and the second "victim" doesn't even get attacked. Pretty obvious at that point that the second "victim" was likely in on the attack and one of the killers, using their relationship with the main victim as a control mechanism. And, although it's close to the ending, as soon as one character randomly goes "to get a beer" while people are dying and they are trying to leave the city, it's pretty clear who the second killer is.

On that note - and this may seem pretty petty but - Mikey Madison is 5'2" and David Arquette is 5'10". However, they appeared similarly tall and framed when they faced off in the hospital. Even if she was wearing platform shoes - which actually would have been a funny way to make fun of how fans freaked out about Claire wearing heels in Jurassic World - ghostface's frame was not Mikey's. Additionally, it's a valid complaint in this scene that a teenage girl somehow overpowers and outfights a grown man who is trained (at least mildly) in hand-to-hand combat based on his time in the police force. Other small things: - Sydney and Gale felt forced and were ultimately unnecessary to the plot. Dewey is the only original character to propel the plot. - The hospital scene was fun but the lack of personnel, patients, etc. was ridiculous (but a more common movie trope than people may realize, so it's not a huge deal for me).
- Although this would have wasted Jenna Ortega's talents, why would the killers leave her alive? Based on the end, they planned to kill her eventually anyways. Killing her would have likely brought her sister back in town, as well. And it's far too big of a risk that she may have seen, heard, or retroactively realized something that could identify who one of the killers were (her friend, who 100% would have been investigated and probably been under surveillance by the cops after she somehow survived the opening without being attacked).
WinrikApr 2, 2022
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Я не смотрел ни одной части серии фильмов "Крик", но эта часть, которая делает мягкий перезапуск серии, мне очень понравилась. Понравилась актерским составом, понравилась сюжетом, понравилась звуком, но самая большая особенность это то, что на протяжении фильма ты должен угадать, кто же убийца, и для меня стало интересным сюжетным поворотом, что убийц в фильме два. Есть конечно немного глупые моменты, где ты такой, блин зачем ты туда идешь, почему вы не помогаете, а просто стоите, и на многие моменты просто задаешь вопрос "зачем?" и "почему?" Expand
iCampoRamilFeb 17, 2022
¿Bien? Bien. Mantiene la esencia original y creo que la tratan muy bien. Quizá rizan demasiado el rizo, me dio la sensación de que se justifican mucho en todo momento, hacen parodia incluso de justificarse, es medio raro. Para mí, como no tan¿Bien? Bien. Mantiene la esencia original y creo que la tratan muy bien. Quizá rizan demasiado el rizo, me dio la sensación de que se justifican mucho en todo momento, hacen parodia incluso de justificarse, es medio raro. Para mí, como no tan fan de la saga, me he visto las 2 primeras y esta, me gusta, quizás a un fan acérrimo que ya lleva 8 películas a su espalda... no lo tengo tan claro. Hilan bien la historia, sin ser esta una maravilla, y el suspense está guay. Tiene momentos muy chorras que veo necesarios al principio pero que cansan hacia el final.

· Cosas buenas: las actuaciones son buenas, el reparto es buena, y la dirección es top. Cameos y guiños guays a las primeras entregas, está todo muy bien hilado. El humor me parece bueno, pero quizás sí se vuelve algo cansino. Además, tiene momentos de lucidez que sí son realmente buenos, y dejan pie hacia el futuro, eso sí, ¿es necesario un futuro?
· Cosas malas: para mí rizan demasiado el rizo con el tema de la recuela (secuela + remake), el argumento general tiene poca fuerza, da algunos palos de ciego. Por otro lado, los sustos no funcionan demasiado, convirtiéndola en más parodia que una peli de terror.
· Conclusión: a mí me gustó bastante, la verdad. No sé si a alguien que lleve pegado a la saga todo este tiempo le pueda parecer más de lo mismo. Está bien, cumple, y da pie a siguientes entregas, que no veo necesarias.
FlekounMay 3, 2022
nothing new this horror doesn't bring everything like a copier. The killers will be discovered by everyone at the very beginning of the film.
BleedingJesterJul 11, 2022
this movie is great I think it's the second best in the franchise and I think it did a great job bringing scream back to the franchise

the main problem though is that it wants you to have watched at least two of the previous scream movies to properly understand the story and it overly relies on Scream 1
TriforceGemMar 3, 2022
Starts off very strong. The opening sequence is great. It starts to lose steam after Dewey gets involved, then it goes completely off the rails at the house party. There were no survivors. Just watch the opening scene and turn it off.
Gamb1t66Jan 22, 2022
The new Scream is a satisfying "requel" that offers decent helpings of slasher fan service, while subverting expectations enough to carve an identity of its own. The social commentary in the Scream franchise has always been a cut above itsThe new Scream is a satisfying "requel" that offers decent helpings of slasher fan service, while subverting expectations enough to carve an identity of its own. The social commentary in the Scream franchise has always been a cut above its contemporaries, and this installment's dissection of toxic fandoms was especially brilliant.

The film is not without minor flaws and was never going to top the excellence of Scream 1 or 2, but it's the third best entry and miles above disappointing cash cows such as Halloween 2018, Star Wars: The Force Awakens, or The Matrix: Resurrections.