Columbia Pictures | Release Date: July 2, 2019
7.8
Generally favorable reviews based on 686 Ratings
Watch Now
Peach1019Jul 2, 2019
Amazing movie! Adds humor and is nice that they decided to do something new with Spider-Man unlike doing the whole story again which we all know.
ColginatorJul 13, 2019
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The MCU has now become so interconnected that it seems impossible to talk about it without spoiling the previous films. Heck, even the trailer for Far From Home came with spoiler warnings. So if you're the one person who hasn't got round to watching Endgame yet and you don't want to know any details about the "surprise" villain in Far From Home, spoilers ahead.

Still reeling from the events of Endgame and the massive weight on his shoulders of everyone wanting him to be the next Iron man, Peter is looking forward to the chance to not be Spider-man for a while and hang up his costume to go on vacation with his friends at school. But when elemental monsters appear to be attacking European landmarks, Nick Fury enlists Spider-man to help save the world with the new mysterious hero Mysterio.

But in the most shocking twist since it was revealed in Superman that Clarke Kent wasn't just a mild mannered reporter, it turns out the the famous Spider-man villain Mysterio is actually the antagonist of the film. He's a disgruntled Tony Stark employee who was manipulating Spider-man to obtain a dangerous A.I. designed by Stark which controls orbital weapons. So obviously Spider-man has to find Mysterio and save the day, whilst still trying to have fun on his trip and find a way to confess his feelings to MJ.

As a villain Mysterio is fine. He's not the show stealer like some of the other recent villains like Killmongerer or Thanos have been, but he's not a forgetful dud like Zemo either. Gyllenhall has enough charisma that he can pull off being both a melodramatic perfectionist yelling at his team to get his performance as Mysterio right but still be completely intimidating as a psychopath willing to kill anyone to get what he wants. Plus Mysterio gets a fantastic Arkham Asylum style of nightmare sequence where he forces Spider-man in to one of his illusions. It's full of so much twisted and creative imagery that it rivals Doctor Strange for the trippiest sequence of the MCU.

Though just like Homecoming, most of the films best moments comes from it being less of a superhero movie and more of a high school comedy. There's Ned who's still coming up with increasingly strenuous ways of keeping Spider-man's identity a secret. Flash is posting everything that happens to instagram whilst being an obnoxious whiny douche to everyone around him. And Brad the rival to Peter for the affections of MJ who has become far more butch than his classmates since he was one of the survivors of the snap.

But the real stand out of Peter's school group is MJ, with the film cementing Zendaya as being the best on-screen version of Mary Jane. Largely because her nihilistic charm and random irreverent comments make for some of the funniest moments in the film. Plus Zendaya and Tom Holland have a great on-screen chemistry, largely because they genuinely see like awkward teenagers stumbling through their conversations and never sure of what to say to each other.

Though in terms of capturing the character of Peter Parker from the comics, the MCU isn't quite there yet. Tom Holland is definitely the best on-screen version of the web slinger so far capturing both the quick wit of the web slinger and the relatable teenager that Stan Lee had always envisioned him to be. But a core aspect of the character has always been his ability and burden to overcome tragedy. They definitely make an attempt to capture this here with Tony Starks death casting a large shadow over the film, however through the films lighthearted nature it doesn't seem capable of reaching the heights of the franchises most memorable moments like Uncle Ben or Gwen Stacey which were essential building blocks for Spider-man in the comics. Holland has shown that he is capable of bringing dramatic weight to the character where he can, so I hope that the future films will be tonally confident enough to try capturing these moments.

But for anyone who enjoyed Homecoming, Far From Home continues to capture the same humour whilst also upping the scale with some more ambitious sequences. It's a lighthearted epilogue to the epic scale of phase 3 of the MCU and a strong promise of the continued potential for the future of the post-Endgame MCU.
flametail23Jul 13, 2019
A fun, funny movie to end off the current phase on MCU movies. It's nothing spectacular but is still worth a watch for one scene involving Mysterio alone.
BeeebleJul 12, 2019
Quite a few funny moments. Has a very teenage vibe to it. Plenty of action keeps you interested. Suffers from being the first Marvel movie after Avengers: Endgame as it doesn't live up to the hype still fresh in memory.
LajaleaaJul 12, 2019
"It's easy to fool people when they are already fooling themselves."
( 68/100 ) . Spider-Man: Far From Home relaja el ambiente adecuadamente justo después de Avengers Endgame, sin embargo también tumba la calidad que el MCU logró con
"It's easy to fool people when they are already fooling themselves."
( 68/100 )
Spider-Man: Far From Home relaja el ambiente adecuadamente justo después de Avengers Endgame, sin embargo también tumba la calidad que el MCU logró con Endgame y Avengers Infinity War. Far From Home gana y pierde al mismo tiempo. Todos los personajes son triviales y desenfocados, lo cual revela que la historia tiene problemas para mostrar su propio propósito. Misterio, lejos de ser enigmático, es confuso tanto por su falta de finalidad como por su propia misión y Parker, aún después de lo que ha enfrentado como super-heroe, parece desconocer sus prioridades; y cuando al fin está decidido, explicarse es un acto forzado que arruina cualquier carga dramática. No es culpa de Tom Holland o Jake Gyllenhaal, quienes actúan puntualmente, sino del guión, que no se decide entre ahorrar diálogos o dar más romance, comedia o acción. Por otra parte, la ironía en las historias secundarias agregan una carga de comedia boba y molesta totalmente innecesaria que le quita seriedad e importancia a la trama principal. Fuera de la molestia que me provocó ver esas deficiencias, admitiré que la película me sorprendió. No considero que los efectos especiales hayan sido buenos pero dieron vida a un concepto visual muy interesante de explorar. La cuestión de las ilusiones ópticas y la transformación del espacio gracias a la aplicación de la realidad virtual me dejaron con ganas de más situaciones similares. Las secuencias de acción se extrapolan y mientras las de Misterio se sienten recicladas, a Spider-Man le dan creatividad y le permiten relucir con coreografías algo ingeniosas. También hay puntos de impacto, que no revelaré para evitar spoilers, que logran anclar al film a un nivel de tensión terrenal que sustituye el factor de la fantasía por un impacto tan realista que puede provocar escalofríos. Peter Parker tiene mucho que aprender y eso no supone prosperidad para el héroe si no deja de ser un aprendiz y se convierte en un sabio.
Spider-Man: Far From Home smooths the mood properly just right after Avengers: Endgame, nevertheless, also tackles the quality that the MCU achieved with Endgame and Avengers: Infinity War. Far From Home win some and lose some. All the characters are trivial and unfocused, which reveals the failures of the story to show its purpose. Misterio, far from being enigmatic, it's confusing both by his lack of finality and by his own mission; and Peter Parker, even after what he have faced as a superhero, seems to not know his priorities, and when he finally makes up his mind, explaining himself it's a forced act that ruins any dramatic value. It's not Tom Holland's or Jake Gyllenhaal's fault, who act accurately, but it’s the scrip's fault, which doesn't decide if to save dialogs or give more romance, comedy or action. Also, the irony in the background stories adds a dumb and annoying comedy totally unnecessary that takes away all seriousness and importance to the main plot. Outside from the bother that those failings brought in me, I will admit that the movie also surprised me. I don't consider the special effects to be good, but they gave life to a very interesting visual concept to explore. The matter about optical illusions and the transformation of space thanks to the application of virtual reality left me wanting more similar ideas. The action sequences are polarized and while the ones of Misterio feel reused, creativity is given to Spider-Man and he's able to shine with kind of clever choreographies. There are, also, impact points, that I won't reveal because of spoilers, that achieve to hang the film in a down to earth level of tension that replace the fantasy factor for shocks so realistic that can give the chills. Peter Parker has a lot to learn and that might not promise prosperity for the hero if he doesn't stop learning and star knowing.
Joel_BlantonJul 7, 2019
I found this movie to be so fast paced that it felt as if it was shoving as much exposition as it could down my throat. I understand that in order to follow up with the hype of Endgame you have to make this movie interesting, but the way itI found this movie to be so fast paced that it felt as if it was shoving as much exposition as it could down my throat. I understand that in order to follow up with the hype of Endgame you have to make this movie interesting, but the way it was done here was sloppy. I didn’t even have room to breathe there was so much going on all at once and it was problem after problem, all back to back. However the VFX were top notch, the casting and acting were great, and the comedy was hilarious as always in a marvel movie. Overall it was a good movie to watch once, nothing too special. Expand
RunNinjaRunJul 9, 2019
There are some entertaining and humorous moments, but the execution is a little corny. It feels like they’re trying too hard to make a funny post Endgame spin-off.
pupperoniJul 3, 2019
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Peter Parkers character from homecoming to far from home seems to be very inconsistent. In homecoming we saw Peter abandon his normal life to pursue a criminal who's just stealing some high tech weapons (the overall implications of that conflict in the marvel universe are very small.) In far from home Peter is presented with a world ending threat, massive and monstrous elementals that could consume the earth, but instead of confronting the issue and abandoning his class trip every chance he could like he would have in homecoming, he denies the call to action and only acts when Nick Fury changes the class trips course. Ah yes, we have yet another class trip plot line, and this one is not nearly as well executed as homecomings. Mysterios motivations and goals seem very... vague, to say the least. Exactly why he can't become an ACTUAL superhero, what with his illusions and the drones he seems to have mental control over is completely unknown to me. Attacking london and killing hundreds of thousands seems like a much more reasonable course of action. The fights in this movie are well executed, save for the fire elemental, which i found very confusing and even boring. Some have complained about "generic big CGI fights" and while the finale is big, and it does have CGI, i would not call it generic or poorly executed. The humor is good for the most part, but the amount of jokes that fall flat is somewhat concerning. I don't see any need for those jokes, and the movie is packed to the brim with so much humor that cutting out a few mild-nose-breathing level jokes wouldn't hurt the movie. Not a terrible movie, but i would only recommend watching it if you are a marvel fan that cares about the grand plot of the series, both spider-man and marvel as a whole, as far from home may effect the others. Expand
Reviewer987Jul 3, 2019
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Spiderman far from home is basically rehashing the plot from spriderman 2 but fails in every way when trying. It explores the idea of spiderman having doubt about being spiderman and losing his powers. Peter struggles with wanting a normal life and needing to be spiderman. Mind you this is spidersman 4th apperance in this universe. He for most of the movie just fumbles around on screen pining over MJ which gets old fast. When he is spiderman he comes off as only a side kick to mysterio. Even asking him for permission to fight an elemental. Which doesnt make any sense when he willing chased thanos is space. The constantly compare him to ironman and give him full access to Ironmans inventory of inventions. They even rehash sceens from ironman to make the connection that spiderman = ironman now. This movie forgot who spiderman is and what makes him special. Having an actor just do funny things and say funny things doesnt make him spiderman or peter parker. The character is so much more than that. This movie just forgot that. Expand
MattzenJul 4, 2019
Had high hopes for this movie even though the trailer looked GOD AWFUL! The first half is unbearably corny, the CGI looked like fake ass CGI, and was ready to leave the theater..Mysterio was ruined and the whole story for him was ruinedHad high hopes for this movie even though the trailer looked GOD AWFUL! The first half is unbearably corny, the CGI looked like fake ass CGI, and was ready to leave the theater..Mysterio was ruined and the whole story for him was ruined because of the dumb multiverse theme!
A typical Marvel fan would enjoy this because I dumb entertainment...NUFF SAID
cag345Jul 10, 2019
The new spiderman movie lacks from a geniune villian. Really? The same reason as Michael Keaton´s villian? Sadly Jake Gyllenhaal is too much good actor for the kind of role he was doing (I was expecting soemthing with a better background).The new spiderman movie lacks from a geniune villian. Really? The same reason as Michael Keaton´s villian? Sadly Jake Gyllenhaal is too much good actor for the kind of role he was doing (I was expecting soemthing with a better background). Don´t misunderstand me, the movie on the other hand was so much fun. Original and with big heart. Definitely the film of the summer and another good addittion into the MCU. Excited to see the future new Spiderman 3. Tom Holland´s spiderman is full of charisma and his chemistry with Zendaya is believable. Expand
Creeper3455Jul 11, 2019
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Well...Now I know how it felt like when everyone was angry at the "Mandarin Situation" from Iron Man 3. Also,see this in IMAX 3D. Oh,and Spoilers.

This has probably been the roughest week of the year. Family reasons crushed us like a bug (literally),I had to pay a scary bill from Facebook/Instagram's impressive Promotion system (seriously,kudos),and then Spider-Man Far From Home comes up,which probably is the best Mixed Bag movie of 2019. It had moments I liked and moments that made me extra pissed (more so than Endgame,mind you) because of the same target you really want to be disintegrated: Avi "Venom" Arad.
While there's nothing in relation to Venom in here,this felt to me like a great MCU Installment that got ruined by Sony throwing out the stuff we didn't like in The Amazing Spider-Man 2 and doubling the ante on that: a serious tone (that does fit,given that it's a sort of Aftermath made by Endgame) that feels unintentionally funny,random setups for more movies (which **** off. I'm not going to be all excited like the last time you did it [that wasn't Spider-Verse]),things that go nowhere and serious moments that end on a funny note.
Oh,and also scenes that aren't in the trailer. Eh,well. Typical of Superhero movies…
But again,this movie has pros. The acting was mostly fine,except for Jake Gyllenhaal,who is just brilliant (and I’m always a sucker for him whenever I see him on-screen) as Mysterio,and he as a whole is fantastic to a point. Michael Giacchino’s score has gotten an improvement. Not by a long shot,but it’s still better than Homecoming’s. The Peter & MJ Love theme is really sweet and charming,and the Mysterio stuff was just him trying not to do Doctor Strange again. The action is really cool to watch and yes. As everyone says,the illusion scene is one of the best scenes in the MCU. It even becomes Marvel Zombie at a point (which can we PLEASE stop with random Jumpscares in Franchise movies? Between this,Dumbo and Godzilla 2). Again,go see it in IMAX 3D. Not only it had a bigger runtime than Aquaman (in terms of IMAX Sequences),but there are several moments where they take full advantage of 3D,so that’ll make your 3D viewing all the more enjoyable.
But that’s all I can praise off,sadly.
When it’s not Mysterio doing cool stuff,the movie lacks in artistic and/or visual flair,and that makes the movie sorta bland. Speaking of,his reveal as a villain sucks so much. You can’t just throw out a “Yay. I’m the villain!! :-D” and continue it off with a slew of hugely minor characters (from other installments) to be like “Yay. Continuity!” to then go off with a motivation that I’ve seen done better in The Incredibles. That’s a Creative Clash that Avi would do. “But Tony Stark is dead,so that makes sense” NO. No. Even if he’s dead,you shouldn’t do this motivation for,say,6-7 movies. For me,anyway. And yeah,that mid-credit sequence freaked me out (only for that character),but when they actually did the reveal of Spider-Man being a menace to the city,it pissed me off in a way,because of how either the Raimi movies or the Amazing franchise took that out of the way in a hurry. Like,that’s literally the last thing I need to worry about Spider-Man. So,uhh yeah. I didn’t really like Far From Home. Shocking,because (outside the first 2 Thor movies and a bit of Iron Man 2) I don’t expect an MCU movie to be worse than...I don’t know. Ant-Man? Venom?
But then again,I’m starting to feel a bit of fatigue for these movies,and I feel like you’ll enjoy it. To apologize for the lack of good stuff in it,they even replicate the best scene in Iron Man 2 (where Iron Man and War Machine shoot a gigantic army of Drones),so what more could you want?
NorsecodeJul 10, 2019
A good, not great, addition to the MCU. I will say that Tom Holland and Zendaya do justice to their characters. They make the movie relatable and fun. The humor is neither forced nor over the top. Jake G. does a great job with Mysterio andA good, not great, addition to the MCU. I will say that Tom Holland and Zendaya do justice to their characters. They make the movie relatable and fun. The humor is neither forced nor over the top. Jake G. does a great job with Mysterio and the special effects are really great for the most part. It was a bit too slow in the beginning by focusing on Peter and MJ's potential relationship. I am also not a fan of the high-tech spider suit. I prefer the neighborhood Spiderman in his traditional spandex. And to cap it all off, Tony Stark is creating villains and resources for those villains beyond the grave... Expand
skythereviewerJul 5, 2019
Amazing movie tbh doesnt really feel like spiderman plot is eh characters are great i laughed alot overall its average
ShaneGrieveJul 12, 2019
I didn't get the uplifting feeling of a funny/quippy Spidey. It was still fun to watch though. They payed nice homage to the comic books and IMO the old Spider-Man 2 game that was on the PS2.
Without spoiling you'll understand what I mean if
Without spoiling you'll understand what I mean if you've played the game and seen this movie.
JoeCoolJul 6, 2019
Good action, once you get past the really slow start, some nice romance, just a shame that in the story it just turns out that nothing is as it seems. It takes away from how good this movie could have been. Still a good time, as long as youGood action, once you get past the really slow start, some nice romance, just a shame that in the story it just turns out that nothing is as it seems. It takes away from how good this movie could have been. Still a good time, as long as you don't start thinking about it too hard. There are a few times when you might wonder what the uninspired writers were thinking but I'll give it a 7 for the CGI that was just great, even if a 6 may be more appropriate. Expand
Compi24Jul 6, 2019
In proper sequel fashion, "Spider-Man: Far From Home" not only looks to improve upon the things that didn't work in "Homecoming," but it even aims to take some of the predecessor's better elements and somehow tune these things up as well. TheIn proper sequel fashion, "Spider-Man: Far From Home" not only looks to improve upon the things that didn't work in "Homecoming," but it even aims to take some of the predecessor's better elements and somehow tune these things up as well. The humor's been toned down to a much more tolerable level. The characters have all been refined. The action is clearer and more interesting. And even the thematic intent is much easier to grasp this time around. Top it all off with one of the MCU's best villain performances to date and you get one of the summer's best rides thus far. Expand
eagleeyevikingJul 4, 2019
While “Far From Home” lacks the small scale of “Homecoming” that gave it a personal touch, it mostly makes up for it with wonderful action, an absolutely hilarious script, brilliant performances, and a plot that manages to be both a solidWhile “Far From Home” lacks the small scale of “Homecoming” that gave it a personal touch, it mostly makes up for it with wonderful action, an absolutely hilarious script, brilliant performances, and a plot that manages to be both a solid follow-up to “Avengers: Endgame”, and also an entertaining high-school romance-comedy. Expand
JeffGoreJul 8, 2019
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I won’t write that studio doesn’t understand Spider-Man, others probably already wrote it. No Uncle Ben who is sufficient for the story, no responsibility, blahblahah, Stark as mentor is a questionable decision, yadda-yadda-yadda, MJ is.... Let’s move on from basic stuff to another basic stuff. This is the worst Spider-Man movie ever, even worse than ASM2. The plot makes no sense. Like the authors of it had a goal to write a typical destruction of the city scene at the end and they did. Mysterio’s plan doesn’t make any sense(he explained all his motivation and methods in the middle of the movie — that’s stupid). What’s his final goal? Doesn’t he understand that his lies will be discovered? Its extremely naive. The SHIELD is another big issue here. Nick Fury and his organization are incompetent to the core. They’ve tried to explain it mentioning him being absent for 5 years, but it still doesn’t explain his lack of basic logic. And Studio knew that that’s absurd, so they’ve explained it with skrulls. Even dumber. Now I think that Kree Empire wants to eliminate skrulls because skrulls are fantastical imbeciles and Kree people praise the Supreme Intelligence. Or something like that. And also jokes. They’re disaster. They are so bad I spent half of the movie facepalming. Jokes about how characters are lame and fail at something and other jokes break the suspension of disbelief. You know why Kick-Ass is cool? Because some cool stuff is cool and not lame, there is a balance: people die and die in awesome ways, Kick-Ass is **** but Hit-Girl isn’t. Imagine a character fighting a villain, a very dynamic scene, but in the middle of it a hero becomes a giant butt and farts. That is a rough example, but my point is that a movie shouldn’t make a joke about everything. Remember fat Thor in the Endgame? That was lame not because he was fat and played video games, but because it was intended to be a pun. It’s annoying. This movie is much more of a teen comedy and it’s not satisfying. Some people say that superheroes are essentially comedic, because the idea of a man in a colorful suit is dumb? Well, I’m pretty sure people love superhero comicbooks not because of their humor. Also EDITH as a plot device is also weird lore-wise and story-wise. Why did Stark created it? Nick Fury and CIA probably would have wanted it to themselves and not to some angsty teenager. Is it even moral to create or use such thing? EDITH is a giant wheel-chair for the plot(for the epic city destruction battle) and another pun creating machine. The only good thing about the movie is the first battle with Mysterio: it’s trippy and thrilling. wise and story-wise. Expand
MochapJul 6, 2019
Kind of poorly written, and often clumsy and boring. Tom is charming and enjoyable to watch but he can't save this mess of a movie on his own.
HenryMucajJul 4, 2019
Its a bootleg spiderman 2. The actor tom holland is just not as good as the og tobey
GreatMartinJul 5, 2019
After the end credits rolled I turned to Allen and apologized for picking this over "Wild Rose" to see as our Friday movie! Then I added, "No more Marvel movies except Antman which at least are funny."

The man problem with this type of movie

The man problem with this type of movie is that they may have an effective special effect that is attention-getting and then they repeat it 3-4 times and you have a 'so what?' reaction. They also increase whatever they have in the scene, for instance instead of, say planes, in a scene now they have one hundred!

Another problem is the length such as this one that runs 2 hours and 15 minutes due to those over-extended special effects scenes and in this one a teenage 'love' story that could have been eliminated and cut the movie easily to under 2 hours.

Tom Holland as a teenage Spider-Man is 'cute' as he should be. He recently said he would have no problem if it turns out that Spider-Man is Gay which would at least make his character more interesting. Marisa Tomei as his aunt looks super but is wasted in what amounts to a cameo and Samuel L. Jackson hopefully gets a super paycheck for a phoned in performance while Jake Gyllenhaal brings a load of good looks and charisma to the poorly written role of Mysterio. Zendaya as Holland's love interest is interesting, while Angourie Rice and Jacob Batalon are delightful as Spider-Man's, AKA Peter Parker, classmates with Batalon bringing an extra dollop of humor to the screenplay by Chris McKenna and Erik Sommers.

In a picture such as this which is full of special effects it is hard to say whether the director, Jon Watts, or the visual effects supervisor, Janek Sirrs, should get the credit for the look and feel of the film.

"Spider-Man: Far From Home" is/was not for me.
RandomnonsenseJul 2, 2019
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Ok so this movie wasnt as good as I expected it to be. It felt very rushed. It had a lot of messed up scenes like when Mysterio revealed his plan and when spiderman gets hit by a train . There was a lot of unatural cringy MJ and Peter moments there was a lot of cringe moments. Some parts hit hard like when Happy hugged Peter and when Mysterio said maybe Iron man would still be around if it wasn't for Spiderman. The crazy part is in the mid credit scene which I wont spoil for you cause its insane. Expand
StevieGJDJul 5, 2019
I may like this incarnation of Spiderman the best. I love that Peter Parker actually seems like a high school kid, as do most of his classmates. Though it's definitely not part of the comic book storyline, I love the hot Aunt Mae. SFFH isI may like this incarnation of Spiderman the best. I love that Peter Parker actually seems like a high school kid, as do most of his classmates. Though it's definitely not part of the comic book storyline, I love the hot Aunt Mae. SFFH is the first entry into this next phase of the Marvel Cibenatic Universe, and it blends in previous movie elements well.

Though Jake Gyllenhaal was excellent in his part, I had logical difficulties with his whole storyline. I'm also did not love the final CGI battle,which of course is unfortunate my de rigeur for the genre.

But the film is earnest. The background romance is sweet. There are other cute romantic side pkots. It feels like how a high school kid would process these situations.

Special effects are always getting better and they're great here. The main acting is great for the genre. The first post-Endgame film dutifully advances the franchise.
phildogJul 2, 2019
There are handful of some pretty great scenes near the end, and the after/mid credits stuff is good, but the majority of this movie just is dumb and dull. A listless, lazy, hacked down, bore-fest.

Honestly, I think this is probably one of

Honestly, I think this is probably one of the lowest ranking MCU movies for me. If it weren't a part of the MCU, I would recommend skipping this. There is some stuff with a sizable impact on the greater MCU, so see it in theatres if you can, wait till a tuesday for cheap tickets or something.
RidleayRomeroJul 5, 2019
Good film for moviegoers. Bad film for Marvel fanboys.
I literally had my brother express his rage after it was done. It was apparent from the look on his face he was angry. So now I've decided not to take him to any movies at all anymore.
KenmeiJul 5, 2019
Billed as the epilogue for phase 3, this Spider-Man movie didn't do much to move the needle for me. A lot of the things you expected to happen did, and the story kinda faltered towards the end with a lackluster final fight scene. GyllenhaalBilled as the epilogue for phase 3, this Spider-Man movie didn't do much to move the needle for me. A lot of the things you expected to happen did, and the story kinda faltered towards the end with a lackluster final fight scene. Gyllenhaal was pretty good as Mysterio but there wasn't really anything in this movie that blew me away. Bout the only reason to go see it in theaters, IMO, is to see the end credits scene as I'm sure that they will be announcing some new material of stuff for the future of the MCU soon as Comicon. However after the big piece that was the last two Avenger movies, this felt more similar to what the Ant-man and Wasp movie was to me. Something that is nice to see but doesn't really do much for the overall Marvel product. It's not a bad movie but there's nothing spectacular here and, coming off Endgame, it was always going to be hard to maintain that level of enthusiasm for these movies. Expand
joyalJul 4, 2019
Its Fantastic !!

tomholland rocked zendaya I liked her ;cutie special This spiderman movie is fun, romantic , full of action packed and very smart and cool Don't miss the post credit and wait till the very end of the movie! Perfect ending
Its Fantastic !!

Perfect ending of an area and entering into new marvelcinematicuniverse with a bang!

I love ma spidey very much this time
zouz123Jul 4, 2019
One cannot simply give this movie a 10! It's filled with bad cgi and the acting is bad. It's boring and pretty childish. I really can't understand the high ratings, and I'm pretty sure that I won't be watching future Spider-Man movies, it'sOne cannot simply give this movie a 10! It's filled with bad cgi and the acting is bad. It's boring and pretty childish. I really can't understand the high ratings, and I'm pretty sure that I won't be watching future Spider-Man movies, it's just not my thing anymore. I'll just stick to Black Panther.

If you're under 15 you'll maybe enjoy Spider-Man. Otherwise, just skip it and know that you won't miss much.
MidAirManJul 5, 2019
Spider-Man Far From Home is an extremely predictable movie from start to finish. Anyone familiar with the comics or spider-man animated series from the 90s could see through the story right from the trailer. The movie is more of a leapingSpider-Man Far From Home is an extremely predictable movie from start to finish. Anyone familiar with the comics or spider-man animated series from the 90s could see through the story right from the trailer. The movie is more of a leaping off point for the next phase of the MCU.

While the movie was fun and heart felt at times, the story fails to really deliver.
amheretojudgeJul 2, 2019
MCU's blueprint is shockingly durable or maybe it is the malleability of the writers, either way the summer has still some legs.

Spider-Man: Far From Home Watts is buoyed by the politically and socially fit theme in the film that we have

Spider-Man: Far From Home

Watts is buoyed by the politically and socially fit theme in the film that we have been whipped religiously nowadays. On that very note, Marvel has always stayed ahead of its game. Evidently, Kevin Feige reports that The Winter Soldier and Civil War had political themes that incidentally matched the circumstances. And the director Jon Watts, unlike the previous installment, speaks expressly on such heavy matters since this character is told to be the front page news in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, from now on. Carrying that heavy burden on the shoulders is not just this chapter but the lead Peter Parker played by Tom Holland where both the character and actor is going through the same phenomenon.

But saying that the script is trippy would be understating it. By now, we can all agree that this franchise has grown more that just movies. But even for the standards of a comic book story, this is one hefty meal to swallow. And to add more spice, the flips and turns are so bizarre that you are taken aback as a viewer questioning everything. Ergo, to lighten the mood, the Marvel knocks on its most controversial subject, i.e. humor.

This bland of good and bad and familiar and forced laughs never fits in on this trip, despite the fact that it follows a teenage love story. The film suffers only when it tries to be both. Light footed and moody when grounding the characters through small talks and supporting character and, escalating these verbal sparring into bigger aspects like mourning, fake news, responsibility and the most tedious aspect of a job; the routine. This transaction is not completely convincing. A laziness or maybe commercially restricted deadline can be pointed out at such moments.

The film is visually stunning. Fortunately, it is a part of narration. So sit back and enjoy the thrilling ride in big IMax screen. Speaking of action, the choreography isn't as spectacular as Marvel cannon usually brings out. But it isn't their fault. The storytelling doesn't seek for big antics. Hence, you can see them work hard on details like the way Holland hits on a wall and then falls up front after trying to run and match the momentum. These tiny notions aren't awe gasping but soothing to watch, thinking that the Universe is still in safe hands.

Holland is a good performer, there is no doubt about that, but a performer needs a good partner which he is in short here. Jake Gyllenhaal as Quentin Beck actually has quite a wide range that isn't even touched in here. His character has the caliber to carry the film on his shoulder, but the surface is barely scratched and as a result, Holland stands alone in the screen. Far From Home stays quite close to the Universe. That is its biggest win, derived equation looks upgraded and the funky hip and happening music in sync with the MCU's loud and crowd pleasing soundtrack.
carlosbillegasJul 7, 2019
MJ? where? the most beautiful girl changed by an insipid character without personality that fraud this movie, this guy has nothing of spiderman does not save anyone does not do anything by itself. It's just a kind of vacation that did notMJ? where? the most beautiful girl changed by an insipid character without personality that fraud this movie, this guy has nothing of spiderman does not save anyone does not do anything by itself. It's just a kind of vacation that did not learn anything to live almost the end of time with thanos is still just a fool....just a trash a garbage this spider iron man jr Expand
Shad3Jul 9, 2019
I think this is a millennial version of the original spider man. As a child I remember Peter Parker as a introvert reserved person even bullied that found his way of expressing himself behind his Spider man Disguise. I think Tobey MaguireI think this is a millennial version of the original spider man. As a child I remember Peter Parker as a introvert reserved person even bullied that found his way of expressing himself behind his Spider man Disguise. I think Tobey Maguire was the best one playing the role of the introvert but missed a lot on the comedian that spider man is. The second one that I dont remember the name was more balanced and played both but lacked something. And this one is a comedian in real life and as spiderman is clumsy. Since I feel this one has nothing to do with the original I dont like it so much, and changing the original characters in a Netflix style to promote diversity, feels like a way to overcompensating American racism as a foreign person its ridiculous feels even desperate. Anyways its my review my point of view, I understand that is missing a lot of things and that there are a lot of fans with more knowledge of Spider man. Its just my childhood talking. Expand
moviemitch96Jul 2, 2019
I was really interested to see where things would go from here after 'Endgame', so I may have set my expectations a bit high on this one, but I found this one rather disappointing in some regards, in comparison to both 'Endgame' andI was really interested to see where things would go from here after 'Endgame', so I may have set my expectations a bit high on this one, but I found this one rather disappointing in some regards, in comparison to both 'Endgame' and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'. The story felt lacking, redundant, and uninspired, character development was rather weak (especially with Jake Gyllenhaal's Mysterio unfortunately), and just a pretty underwhelming feeling was all that was left for me when all was said and done. Even a couple interesting post-credit scenes weren't quite enough to save most of it for me. The biggest plus I can give this is for Tom Holland (who's still far and out my fav Spider-Man thus far), but other than that, I mostly found this to be a forgettable and not so worthy follow-up to 'Endgame', and honestly one of the weaker MCU movies in recent memory for me. Expand
ABRAHAM66Jul 6, 2019
sin duda es la peor película que han hecho de spider man, lo único rescatable fue Mysterio el único personaje al que le tuvieron respeto y su traje asombra, una MJ que aburre hasta llega a caer mal
HTGamerJul 5, 2019
Spiderman: Far From Home is a fun MCU movie, and a vast improvement over the lacklustre Homecoming.

This film being post-Endgame, it shows Peter Parker struggling to fill Tony Stark's shoes. He's still a reckless teen boy prone to stupid mistakes even though he's fought against Thanos in space. Also Peter Parker comes close with MJ, but Zendaya is clearly miscast as MJ, Spiderman's classic girlfriend (although she's never called Mary Jane, just MJ). Anyway, there's absolutely zero chemistry between Tom Holland and Zendaya.

I liked the movie's version of Mysterio. He fits well into the film's premise, because in an world full of gods and superheroes, if you don't shoot lasers from your hands you are nobody. And if you stage a show, people will believe anything. That's exactly what the master of illusions is about to do. But this political message isn't handled as well as in The Winter Soldier's "give up your freedom for security" theme, or Civil War's, well, civil war.

As with every MCU movie, Far From Home is a comedy action hybrid. It's consistently fun, with plenty of situational jokes, although it's not up to the comedy level of Deadpool.

My only complaint is that Tom Holland's Peter Parker still doesn't feature the classic Spiderman personality. He's supposed to be delivering fun one-liners, but there is nothing like it so far in the MCU's Spiderman. Then again, being arrogant and speaking one-liners was Tony Stark's second nature, so maybe if Peter Parker comes to really succeed Iron Man in the future, he'll become more like Tony Stark as well.

SPOILER ALERT: The mid-credits scene is a blast from the past. Spiderman's true identity is revealed to the world by J. Jonah Jameson, with actor J. K. Simmons returning from the Sam Raimi movies. I find it hard to believe that they haven't set up the Sinister Six hunting down Spiderman in the sequel. After all, Vulture and Scorpion are already present in the MCU, and we can't rule out Mysterio is dead for good. Get 3 more villains, and the Sinister Six are ready for Spiderman.

Overall, Far From Home is a good and fun sequel to Homecoming.
JLuis_001Jul 10, 2019
Spider-Man Far From Home is a kind of coda and not really a new beginning for the MCU after the Infinity Saga but unfortunately it doesn't risk anything and is happy by only showing the basics.

Far From Home it's indeed an evident evolution

Far From Home it's indeed an evident evolution in scale on Homecoming but simply for the fact that it was necessary for the character after Infinity War and Endgame. That most of the film takes place in Europe is irrelevant. For the argument it doesn't really mean anything.

Holland is still a nice Peter Parker and his work is more personality than acting, let's be honest.
Gyllenhaal is a solid addition, although personally I would have liked to see him as another villain.

Phase 3 actually ended with Endgame. Far From Home doesn't establish anything new with the exception that we will continue to see Spider-Man in the MCU. It's an entertaining sequel but very passive.

What I really want to see now is if Marvel will reveal Phase 4 and the future of their great franchise in Comic-Con or D23.
bataguilaJul 8, 2019
Entretenida, la escena donde misterio ataca por 1ra vez a spiderman es lo mejor de la peli. Lo malo es que es mucho chiste, los efectos no son muy buenos al principio, cae muy may la MJ, El misterio no tiene al final nada para admirar.
NaethrerussJul 3, 2019
Really good movie, good way to close up the infinity saga, villian was a little disappointing but overall was really cool to see the progression of the characters in the movie.
GabrielgilzJul 4, 2019
Amazing spider-man movie! We can relate so well with Peter Parker and Mysterio is great in the movie. The movie is going to leave you excited waiting for the next one already and future marvel movies.
Rupamdas2000Jul 5, 2019
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Just osm Expand
StickyAnimsJul 9, 2019
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I have to admit, this movie is pretty good, though not that pretty good since Spiderman is another victim from MCU.

I liked the point that Mysterio still count on his special effects like the comic, but i kinda didn't like on how the movie showing his plan. The story is almost similar to The Incredibles but at the post credit scene, that plan disappear and it almost seems like that he's changing his plan so suddenly by "unmasking" Spiderman publicly. At least J.K Simmons back :D

Another thing that i'm not following is Tony's intention on giving EDITH, the most intelegent, security AI in the world given to some young lad. Sure he's different but i still need some explanation on why Tony did that, also EDITH is somehow became less interesting in the halfway through the movie.

The movie isn't bad on my opinion, but at least they need more explanation for some parts of the movie.
SrPepeJul 12, 2019
En mi opinión es la mejor película de Spider-Man, entretenida, buena historia y buenos efectos, sobretodo los de los poderes de Mysterio que uff disfrute mucho esas partes. Y la escena post-créditos con el regreso de un icónico personaje conEn mi opinión es la mejor película de Spider-Man, entretenida, buena historia y buenos efectos, sobretodo los de los poderes de Mysterio que uff disfrute mucho esas partes. Y la escena post-créditos con el regreso de un icónico personaje con una terrible noticia, fue muy épico. Me encanto.

PD: muchos de las críticas negativas tienen 1 crítica mmm
Player2-WaterJul 12, 2019
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. E-Value: 9
Acting: 9
Plot: 9

Although Avengers: Endgame was supposed to be the final chapter of The Infinity Saga, Marvel Studios president, Kevin Feige has recently confirmed that Spider-Man: Far From Home, which is the twenty-third instalment in Marvel Cinematic Universe, is not just the final movie of Phase 3 but also the movie is officially the final chapter of The Infinity Saga.

Eight months after the events of Avengers: Endgame, Midtown School of Science and Technology restart its academic years to accommodate the students who were resurrected by “the Blip”. The school also organise a two week summer field trip to Europe. During a fundraising event organised by May Parker, Peter Parker/Spider-Man (Holland) is told by Happy Hogan that Nick Fury (Jackson) will contact him soon about something but he refuse to speak to him.

Still mourning the death of his mentor, Tony Stark/Iron Man, and wanting to take a break from superhero duty for a while, Peter decided not to bring his Spider-Man suit on his field trip but his aunt still pack for him anyway in case of emergency. During a trip in Venice, Peter and the other students encounters one of the mysterious entities known as the Elementals. As the Elemental known as Water Elemental is wreaking havoc on the city, a mysterious superhero called Mysterio (Gyllenhaal) shows up and defeats the Water Elemental.

Later at night, Peter is approach by Fury who wants him to meet Mysterio, whose real name is Quentin Beck. He claims that he is from another universe of Earth and he is here to stop the Elementals from causing more destruction. Peter refuses to be part of this mission and chooses to return back to his field trip. Unknown to him, Fury secretly change the school field trip from Paris to Prague where the other Elemental will strike next.

Once again, Spider-Man: Far From Home is not just another good instalment in the franchise but also great sequel similar to 2004’s Spider-Man 2. The plot of the movie is very well written and executed especially the plot twists which you never seen it coming. Even before the movie was released in cinemas, the trailers have already done a great job in hiding the plot twists and even had Tom Holland to warn viewers about some spoilers from Avengers: Endgame. There is not a single boring scene at all and lots of funny moments. It is all fun and enjoyable to watch.

The cast have done an impressive performance especially Tom Holland and Jake Gyllenhaal, whom they deliver an amazing performance in their role as Spider-Man and Mysterio. The on-screen romance between Tom Holland and Zendaya are very natural and great. The depiction of teenage drama and romance subplot between the two of them is very well done. It was really fun and romantic to see them interacting with each other and better than any romance movies.

Like all Marvel movies except 2008’s The Incredible Hulk and Avengers: Endgame, there is a mid-credits scene and post-credits scene. You definitely cannot miss both of these scenes at all cost. This is because there is a certain someone who is also iconic from the comic book show up unexpectedly. It was really a surprise for me and caught me off guard. Regardless, those two scenes not only serve as clue for Phase 4 but also a future direction for this franchise.
KasiJul 13, 2019
Spiderman far from home is the best movie i have ever seen
And you must watch thim movie
CameJul 13, 2019
This film dissapointed me due to Mysterio being a bad joke.
It lacks what the first Tom Holland spider man film had which was a great villian (in my opinion) and not some fake hologram villian like we got on this film.
LucasswiftieJul 19, 2019
Eu ainda não sei oque esse povo viram nessa bosta de filme. Qual a graça gente??
MetaHaydenJul 12, 2019
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Spider-Man far from home is one of the best Spider-Man movies I’ve personally seen. The cgi is polished and although it was arguably overused, it is not an overstatement to say that the scenery was realistic. I enjoy the somewhat strong plot including ‘the elements’ I would recommend this movie to any person seeking an action-packed and humorous story. Expand
raporgiJul 2, 2019
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. boring predictable, too much mooning over dead iron man. its like a mcdonalds commercial in its pc-ness. Expand
dburks1990Jul 3, 2019
A welcome addition to the MCU that allows audiences to deal with the events of Endgame while still setting up Phase 4. Holland, Zendaya, and Gyllenhaal are fantastic.
jonspiderJul 8, 2019
Worst Spiderman movie I've ever seen!!

Everything is bad! Tom Holland is bad! MJ is bad! They forced to put MCU into Spiderverse! Spiderman seems Iron Man vassal. Im very dissaponted with this filn
NikolayGJul 3, 2019
I find it hard to believe anyone thought Homecoming was better. This is by far the best MCU movie. It's brilliant on every level. I will be going to see it again. I cannot recommend it more highly. STAY for the after credits scenes! Both of them.
RazorsEdge17Jul 9, 2019
Classic Spider-Man story with some amazing action scenes and Mysterio could not have been done any better. Also loved how Tony worked into the story and how it affected Peter. And the mid-credits scene... my god was it beautiful. I absolutelyClassic Spider-Man story with some amazing action scenes and Mysterio could not have been done any better. Also loved how Tony worked into the story and how it affected Peter. And the mid-credits scene... my god was it beautiful. I absolutely cannot wait for Spider-Man 3. Expand
NoUseMerkJul 3, 2019
My fiance and I went and saw the new Spider-Man film last night on a Dolby Cinema screen. The movie picks up shortly after Avengers: Endgame and does a good job at continuing the Marvel Cinematic Universe into it's next phase, paying homageMy fiance and I went and saw the new Spider-Man film last night on a Dolby Cinema screen. The movie picks up shortly after Avengers: Endgame and does a good job at continuing the Marvel Cinematic Universe into it's next phase, paying homage to lost Avengers and moving forward with it's remaining characters. The movie is lighthearted and funny. Tom Holland (Peter Parker / Spider-Man) and Jake Gyllenhaal (Quentin Beck / Mysterio) carry the film with exceptional acting. Special effects were awesome, especially for Mysterio's bit. And you'll want to stay after the movie for two after-credit scenes. One is half way after the credits (having huge circumstances), and the other at the very end. Overall, I quite enjoyed the movie. Spider-Man Homecoming was a bit better in my opinion, only because Michael Keaton did such a great job as The Vulture. However, Far From Home was still a great entry into the series. Expand
VirgoCaveJul 4, 2019
Its funny, but all the "8 or above" are just peoplesaying "IS AMAZING BECAUSE IS AMAZING", and the only people giveing argument are the "bad numbers". Far from home is funny, enjoyable, but nothing more, most of their characters are utterlyIts funny, but all the "8 or above" are just peoplesaying "IS AMAZING BECAUSE IS AMAZING", and the only people giveing argument are the "bad numbers". Far from home is funny, enjoyable, but nothing more, most of their characters are utterly stupid in this movie and the plot is predictable as **** The movie is a 6, but i'll give it a 4 to compensate all the bloated ultrablindfan califications. Expand
NobelhariJul 6, 2019
Great!! Just amazing work by the cast so impressive and a love filled marvel movie is a must watch for future of MCU
SenselessvirusJul 3, 2019
Every time Mysterio wasn't on screen I found myself asking "where's Jake Gyllenhaal?", his scenes the only reason I didn't leave the theater in boredom. They might as well rename Michelle to Mary Jand because anything the director said backEvery time Mysterio wasn't on screen I found myself asking "where's Jake Gyllenhaal?", his scenes the only reason I didn't leave the theater in boredom. They might as well rename Michelle to Mary Jand because anything the director said back when homecoming came out about her not being Mary Jane is absurd, just because she spouts morbid history and conspiracy theories doesn't make her a original character.
Worst of all is the mid credits scene because while it brings a beloved character we've all been asking for into the MCU it ruins it by having a big plot twist that could very well kill this spider-man movie series all for them to redo the "WHAT THE FU-" joke from the first movie.
artardmosheaJul 6, 2019
I walked out of the theater happy, amazing highs, great reveals, but definitely a lot of that was dumb/eh? moments too.

Great use of Mysterio. I really dislike all of the classmates including Peter they are all lame characters, he's a great

Great use of Mysterio.

I really dislike all of the classmates including Peter they are all lame characters, he's a great Spiderman but a terrible Peter Parker.
JPKJul 5, 2019
Really Enjoyed It
Far From Home is funny, terrifically acted, and visually stunning.
AmirAliMahdaviJul 3, 2019
Very fun and fantastic! This movie is the best Spider-Man movie ever! And Mysterio is wonderful!
Eelmin3Jul 5, 2019
The Best Movie I've ever watched.I recommend this movie to everyone and I am so excited for the next Spider Man movie.
KatomasterJul 6, 2019
It is a great movie, good action and development (esprcially for spiderman). A transition kind of movie.
AttakaayJul 6, 2019
Impressive write up with matching cinematography. Absolutely loving Tom Holland as Spiderman. The way he conveys hid emotions and body posture is truly magnificent. The movie seems to prep us for some of sort surprises Marvel is planning toImpressive write up with matching cinematography. Absolutely loving Tom Holland as Spiderman. The way he conveys hid emotions and body posture is truly magnificent. The movie seems to prep us for some of sort surprises Marvel is planning to hit us with. No over bloating of scenes and they kept it a universal pleasing tone. Characters handled their roles perfectly well and I'm impressed. A great movie for the MCU and its fans. Expand
Sean_The_CriticJul 6, 2019
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Very good movie in my opinion, certain points of the movie did seem too drawn out and boring. But overall the movie was great and it helped create a progression in Spider-Man's character, and it also helps close any plot holes as there were a few. The twist, with Mysterio was somewhat predictable, yet it still was surprising as to how he pulled the whole trick off. The scenes that involved Spider-Man and the projected images, was AMAZING, and definitely one of the best parts of the movie, as not only did Spider-Man in the movie not know what was on, but it also continued to trick the audience. The new-found relationship between Happy and Aunt May wasn't very necessary, but it did create some comedic relief, as well as Ned's short-lived relationship. Expand
n_tHISum_LKJul 7, 2019
The best of the best spidey movie ever made.Tom Holland is doing his job very well.I gonna go for 5th time to watch it...
cesartomelinkJul 5, 2019
Horrible película sin fuerza,con malas actuaciones y sin banda sonora,un villano olvidable
BathSaltZombiiJul 4, 2019
Critics are wrong again for the most part. This is one of the best experiences you will have this summer at the movies. The villain pays off big time and may even be my favorite MCU villain of all time now. Don't miss it and make your ownCritics are wrong again for the most part. This is one of the best experiences you will have this summer at the movies. The villain pays off big time and may even be my favorite MCU villain of all time now. Don't miss it and make your own opinions not based on hive mind thinking. Expand
miccaelJul 3, 2019
I don't get the low score by critics. I loved this movie as much as first one. Sure, 1st part of it was a bit slow highschool comedy but second part was amazing. BADs? Netherlands scene was completely useless and we needed more of MysterioI don't get the low score by critics. I loved this movie as much as first one. Sure, 1st part of it was a bit slow highschool comedy but second part was amazing. BADs? Netherlands scene was completely useless and we needed more of Mysterio backstory. PROs? Mysterio is good villain and plot twists are amazing too. Expand
The3AcademySinsJul 4, 2019
Spider-man: Far From Home is easily in my Top 5 MCU movies. All at once a comedy, romance, coming-of-age story and thriller, Far From Home is the send-off that Phase 3 needed and the prologue that Phase 4 will use to catapult itself toSpider-man: Far From Home is easily in my Top 5 MCU movies. All at once a comedy, romance, coming-of-age story and thriller, Far From Home is the send-off that Phase 3 needed and the prologue that Phase 4 will use to catapult itself to greatness. This is a fun summer movie, and one I will re-watch and not soon forget. Expand
EpiccheezburgerJul 4, 2019
Great.....................................................................................................................
Jp117Jul 3, 2019
One of the best mcu movies to date Tom Holland is amazing as Spider-Man can’t wait to see what’s next.
SatoIchiro17Jul 3, 2019
Marvel did a good job, the movie was entertaining and you would watch it again and again!
JmartJul 3, 2019
What an exciting movie. I didnt think I was going to like this movie, but I loved it. My children loved this, also.
JAEGERRJul 3, 2019
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The perfect “with great power, comes great responsibility” portrayal of the web-slinger. And nope it was not mentioned on the film, not even once. Holland proved himself as the best Peter Parker as he take on a big bite on his fully loaded plate. Related to Mysterio’s insights and goals as Gyllenhaal’s charismatic performance makes it hard for the coming MCU Villains to match. Second phase of the film was the S#!*. Definitely gonna watch it a few more times to catch some easter **** #bestpeterparker Expand
Spider-ManfannJul 4, 2019
I loved every minute of it and the suspense ending was great but I really don’t wanna wait for another movie
DharandonJul 9, 2019
Total waste of money.basically it's like the ironman's enemy is seeking for revenge.and since tony is dead,spiderman took his place.SPIDERMAN LOOK STUPID IN THE MOVIE and incompetent without his 'babysitter'(ironman)
JokerloccoJul 7, 2019
[English]
[English]
I consider myself a big fan of Spiderman, and above all, of his villains (the green goblin, i love him), but, my expectations with this movie were negative... The trailers did not tell me anything, and I thought the villain was going to be modified in a way that I would not like. However, it has entertained me a lot, and it has been fun. My biggest fear regarding the villain, has not been fulfilled, and I liked it as they have done.

Stay to the end, because there are two post-credit scenes, the first more important than the second.

A 7. Recommendable.

[Español]
Me considero un gran fan de Spiderman, y sobre todo, de sus villanos (el duende verde, lo amo), pero, mis expectativas con esta película eran negativas... Los tráilers no me decían nada, y pensaba que el villano iba a ser modificado de una forma que no me iba a gustar. Sin embargo, me ha entretenido bastante, y ha sido divertida. Mi mayor temor con respecto al villano, no se ha cumplido, y me ha gustado como lo han hecho.

Quedaos hasta el final, pues hay dos escenas post creditos, la primera más importante que la segunda.

Un 7. Recomendable.
theredskyJul 5, 2019
Spider-Man: Far From Home is a good movie and a good follow up to the events of Endgame. Here are the negatives. The first 30-45 minutes kinda suck. It’s paced awkwardly and incredibly rushed. Scenes just kind of start and stop with no rhymeSpider-Man: Far From Home is a good movie and a good follow up to the events of Endgame. Here are the negatives. The first 30-45 minutes kinda suck. It’s paced awkwardly and incredibly rushed. Scenes just kind of start and stop with no rhyme or reason. It gets a whole lot better after that point though. Peter Parker still MOSTLY has the same internal struggle of Spider-Man: Homecoming. Peter is trying to figure out if he should be a friendly neighborhood Spider-Man or be more than that and I wished they had not kept that internal struggle from the first film. Half of the jokes in this movie weren’t that funny to me. The visual effects in some areas were a little shotty but most were really good. My final issue is that there is a literal plot device item that comes into play about halfway through the movie and it doesn’t make a lot of sense at all for me. Here are the positives. The acting is really good. Tom Holland, Jake Gyllenhaal, Samuel L. Jackson, and Jacob Batalon are standouts from the film. Jake Gyllenhaal and Tom Holland have outstanding chemistry together and it’s a joy to watch them on screen together. I really hope those two work together again in the future. The rest of the actors do a good job. Most of the visual effects are really good for a Marvel movie. There is a sequence in the film that I think is absolutely amazing that I can’t talk about due to spoilers. The Elementals look lifelike and both Spider-Man and Mysterio’s visual effects look really good. I absolutely love Mysterio’s actual costume. It just looks amazing. The action in this film is really good. You understand what is going on and who is who in each action sequence. I like the story for this film. It has this kind of spy thriller vibe while mixed with a romance comedy that I think works really well together and I like how each destination the group goes to is essential to the plot. I do enjoy the score a lot even though I prefer Homecoming’s score. The cinematography is fine. It’s not extraordinary but it’s decent. The tone mostly remains consistent except for a couple scenes and after the first 30-45 minutes, the film is paced really well. Overall, Spider-Man: Far From Home is a good follow up to Endgame with great acting, action, and good visual effects even if the first part of the film sucks. I give Spider-Man: Far From Home a 7.5/10. Expand
AatmaramJul 11, 2019
Far from home was not as good as some people claimed. It had no solid/satisfying plot line. The movie was no more than a cgi circus. The old movies had a feel to them because the characters were fleshed out and had a fascinating andFar from home was not as good as some people claimed. It had no solid/satisfying plot line. The movie was no more than a cgi circus. The old movies had a feel to them because the characters were fleshed out and had a fascinating and BELIEVABLE history. I don't have anything against Tony Stark but it feels like everthing nowadays somehow revolves around Tony even after his death which i do not have a very big problem with but when the villian has superpowers that are similiar to an infinity stone and no background whatsover and his powers then are called illusion that fkor me makes it completely baseless. Expand
donelsonJul 5, 2019
Terrible, by far the worst-ever spider-man. When compared to the marvellous Toby McGuire "Spider-man 2", this one fails the stupidity test, the coherence test, the romance test, the dull-fights test, the music test, ... well, it fails inTerrible, by far the worst-ever spider-man. When compared to the marvellous Toby McGuire "Spider-man 2", this one fails the stupidity test, the coherence test, the romance test, the dull-fights test, the music test, ... well, it fails in every conceivable way. It can't decide if it's for 12 year olds, 20 year olds, or full adults - and caters for none. I fell asleep twice, once during the big final dull fight scene. Expand
tropicAcesJul 3, 2019
I grew up loving Mysterio and thought I would never get to see him on the big screen; they nail him. Holland continues to shine and Zendaya is as dorky as ever. All hyperbole aside: this is the best MCU film of 2019 and the best Spider-ManI grew up loving Mysterio and thought I would never get to see him on the big screen; they nail him. Holland continues to shine and Zendaya is as dorky as ever. All hyperbole aside: this is the best MCU film of 2019 and the best Spider-Man movie since 2004. Expand
Ghazman2019Jul 4, 2019
This Spider-Man movie is AMAZING! Much better than Homecoming and is as good as Into The Spider-Verse. Avengers: Endgame left us with a lot of questions about what happens next and Far From Home differently answer most of our questions, it'sThis Spider-Man movie is AMAZING! Much better than Homecoming and is as good as Into The Spider-Verse. Avengers: Endgame left us with a lot of questions about what happens next and Far From Home differently answer most of our questions, it's like an extended Endgame post credit scene. Definitely looking forward to phase 4 and a potential Spider-Man 3. Expand
AznroninJul 3, 2019
Worst Spider-Man movie I have ever seen. Don’t waste your time or money! I seen them all and this is just poor writing and casting. Stan lee must be rolling over in his grave
LamontRaymondJul 2, 2019
It's a charming, fun film until the latter third rolls around and then they feel compelled to do the BORING action movie nonsense, when just about everyone in the theater tunes out - especially in a movie like this one in which holograms takeIt's a charming, fun film until the latter third rolls around and then they feel compelled to do the BORING action movie nonsense, when just about everyone in the theater tunes out - especially in a movie like this one in which holograms take the place of real people. Ugh. I will say that Holland and Zendaya are both amazing - their young chemistry is leagues better than anything done by Tobey or Andrew Garfield. And I'll say that the use of three songs - "Back in Black", "Vacation" (Go Go's), and "I Wanna Be Your Boyfriend" are perfectly placed. I also want to say that the Nick Fury sequences are fun, and the Aunt May stuff is awesome. So in the future, make MOST of the movie about human beings, and much less about the big, boring CGI fights. Expand
LetoAtreides82Jul 4, 2019
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Just came back from watching a 10:20am showing at the largest CineMark in my area. Looks like 80% of the seats were purchased, it seats about 200 so I'd say about 160 tickets purchased to this showing.

I was really disappointed with Spider-Man: Homecoming but I'm happy to announce I absolutely loved this movie. I can't even think of a scene that should be taken off, I feel it was really well directed. From start to end I was either laughing or by the edge of my seat hoping Spider-Man and his friends wouldn't die.

Spoilers are coming, please avoid reading if you don't want to be spoiled:

Was I the only one saddened by the twist in the story when you find out Mysterio is not who we thought he is? I was completely fooled just like Peter was and felt it was a shame because he seemed like he could have been a good replacement for Iron Man.

I thought it was cool following his class around in their field trip to far away countries. I was so glad that Peter's friend Ned found a girlfriend because I think part of the reason I didn't like Homecoming was that he was too close to Peter. Unfortunately near the end of the movie we find out they have broken up. Hmm well hopefully they get back together or he finds another girlfriend.

Zendaya was excellent this time as MJ and maybe I should rewatch Homecoming, maybe I was a bit too harsh on her portrayal. After I watched Homecoming I thought she was just way too negative and nothing like what I thought MJ should be. Now after Far From Home I'm in love with her character. Maybe when I watched Homecoming I was in a bad mood or something I don't know.

Awesome movie I'm going to see Far From Home again tomorrow and maybe Saturday too. Even the end credits scenes were good, and speaking about the end credits how is Peter going to handle the revelation to the world that he's Spider-Man? I don't think that has ever happened before in the Spider-Man movies.

No further spoilers below, you are safe again:
Go see this movie, bring your family, you won't be dissapointed!!
Lonejumper23Jul 7, 2019
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I am a huge Marvel fan!!! Unfortunately, this movie was really bad. I was on the edge with Captain Marvel but this Spider-Man movie was just horrible. The only reason I am giving it a "2" is because it closes off some of the loose ends from "End Game" but other than that DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!" Here are a couple of things that really turned me off...

1) Was this a part 2 for Iron Man's death and they reference this way too many times through out the movie.
2) The entire scene of the picture in the washroom to the potential drone strike on the school bus was a waste of time and could be cut from the movie and given us this time back.
3) Mysterio could have been such a powerful villain and they made him a weak, petty man with no guts out for revenge. The whole story with fired employees from other Marvel movies teaming up with Mysterio was just a complete mess. What were they doing here and what a waste of a great opportunity for Jake. 4) The jokes got bad and repetitive and this took away from the actual movies magic and made the dialog boring and disconnecting
5) I understand Peter Parker is a young teen but by the end of the movie he should have grown some balls and shown some maturity after this adventure. Instead it closes off like a joke and with no Marvel Magic. This is a rental or stream when it comes out. I really wish I liked it but what a waste of time on so many levels. Hope these comments support the thoughts of other Marvel fans and I am a huge fan that just got very disappointed by this money grab.
ScaryytinoJul 2, 2019
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Spider-Man: Far From Home is basically The Lizzie McGuire movie with explosions, and I couldn’t have asked for anything better. It’s funny, thrilling, and emotionally unstable- not unlike its titular character. Spider-Man movies always succeed when they showcase the struggle to remain a “normal” person while also saving the world. Spider-Man is the most popular super hero in the world for a reason- he’s all of us in many ways. Expand
AbxdlolzJul 2, 2019
This movie is OP as hell!!! Loved every scene. If you want to watch the end credit scene, be sure to stay all the way through because there are two scenes.
RiaJul 3, 2019
Amazing movie, i love the movie a lots and i love peter. .........TS forever !!!
MrMovieBuffJul 3, 2019
'Spider-Man: Far From Home' is the perfect post-'Avengers: Endgame' (2019) MCU movie mainly because it's emotional, heart-felt, funny and suitably action-packed. Tom Holland once again returns as Peter Parker, five years after half the'Spider-Man: Far From Home' is the perfect post-'Avengers: Endgame' (2019) MCU movie mainly because it's emotional, heart-felt, funny and suitably action-packed. Tom Holland once again returns as Peter Parker, five years after half the universe's population was decimated by Thanos, Parker, and some of his friends (who must also have been affected since they haven't aged that much) are getting ready to go on their trips abroad. Peter tells Ned (Jacob Batalon) that he plans to spend some romantic time with MJ (Zendaya) and confess his love for her, while on these romantic destinations. It seems that his romantic plans are about to be put in jeopardy as S.H.I.E.L.D. director, Nick Fury (Samuel L. Jackson) recruits Spider-Man on some big scale missions with a powerful being named Quentin Beck (Jake Gyllenhaal) by his side. There are Elementals scattered across the globe, and it's up to both Spidey and "Mysterio" to stop them. I really enjoyed this movie, director John Watts (who also directed 'Spider-Man: Homecoming') does a much better job at crafting some intense action scenes, with the added emotional levels to keep you gripped. The supporting characters are also better utilized here than in the previous film. The film does a good job at keeping you hooked with the character drama, not to mention that seeing Spidey's struggle in a world without Iron Man can often remind you of the emotional intensity that was present throughout 'Avengers: Endgame' (2019). Holland does a terrific job at portraying the nervous high school kid who must balance his life as a hero. I had a lot of fun watching this movie, and if you are a fan of the character, Mysterio, Jake Gyllenhaal (who gives a great performance) will not disappoint you. This is a summer action movie not to be missed. Expand
GWF1987Jul 6, 2019
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. MCU Spider-man is an insult to the character

He's a watered down shell of what Spider-man is

Everything is about Tony STark in the MCU for Peter. Even the final act is about Iron Man's stupid glasses

It's a joke. I called Beck not being from an alternate Earth months ago and even said it'd probably turn out he was fired by Tony once and that's why he was doing what he was doing. That's just how predictable the MCU has gotten.

It's not a good movie. At all. Holland is annoying as Peter and Spider-man. The Skrull reveal was an absolute joke. They turned what should have been a terrifying moment into a joke. Since Captain Marvel made the Skrulls the good guys, revealing Fury and Hill were Skrulls the whole movie was played off as laughs which one person actually found funny in the theater

The cringe humor was hard to sit through, and seeing such low-brow humor as nutshots in a 2019 film just shows how little Marvel Studios think of their audience. And seeing people run to see these movies dozens, in some cases 100 times shows they have their audience pegged correctly.

Spider-man: Far From Source Material
Spider-man: Far From Good

Better and more accurate titles for the movie

Avengers: Endgame was a plot hole filled mess that broke it's own continuity and ignored it's own rules for time travel, but it felt like a fitting end for the franchise. And with Hollands recent "Peter should be gay because I hate seeing straight white guys in these movies" and with the low quality of this film, the MCU really should have ended with Endgame

My question to Tom Holland is why did he accept the role if he felt white people had to much screen time in the MCU? DOes he see something else in the mirror besides a white guy?

Avoid this movie

The Clone Saga from the 90s does Spider-man more justice than this turd.
RyanHerofTimeJul 3, 2019
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Far From Home is an amazing spiderman film. It's is one of my Favorite MCU Films. It a great transition from the infinity Saga into the next phase. It builds on a Post endgame world and shows how fragile it is. It also explains the holes left by endgame. It helps both Expands on New and old characters. It updates them but does not change who they are. The Cast is always Amazing. Tom hollands is always the best Spiderman/Peter Parker. Jake Gyllenhaal was born to play Mysterio. Ending Credit scenes are alot of fun. I loved this film so much. I'm going to see it again Expand
GoodJestJul 3, 2019
It have a really good story the pasting is pretty good

Go watch it
It's pretty fun
5han3sJul 4, 2019
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I dont understand how this movie is getting such good reviews. The people who like this must have no idea about who Spiderman is.
Marvel/Sony has butchered this version of Spiderman and made him into something he is not. Who greenlit this script? Hey movie guys, heads up, HE IS NOT IRON MAN!! Spiderman is beloved because he is relate-able. He is an average guy, who balances being a superhero with daily pressure (going to school, working, taking care of his Aunt and trying to have a social life) Oh yeah, and hes brilliant too. And since he lost his Uncle due to his own negligence he always, always goes out of his way to help everyone.
What has sony/marvel done to him??
1. Well i guess Uncle Ben never existed in this version because Peter does everything in his power to avoid responsibility in this movie. The only time he acts is when his personal friends are in a direct line of danger. 2. He has access to all Starks tech. Everything. EVERYTHING. Peter is even designing his own suits one a hologram screen aboard a Stark jet. Ummmm, thats not the Peter I know. Where is his resourcefulness?
3. Both stand alone movies have done a poor job of showing how smart he is. In far from home he has one line that shows his intelligence. But thats it. His brain is possibly his biggest asset, and its null and void in this series.
4. There were almost none of the quips Spiderman makes when in battle in Far From Home.

Now to this movie and all its problems
Wasnt Michelle/MJs dad the Vulture? No mention of that here.

They turned the death of Ironman, cap, widow, vision into a 30 second comedy montage. These were beloved heros that died. Its kind of a tasteless joke, honestly.

How many times did I need to see Peter in getting undressed. It was actually kind of creepy.

All the mindless junior high level jokes in this movie are unreal. It was barely above fart level humor. Even when he tries out his new costume, he tugs at his crotch. There was not one serious moment in this movie. Very similar to The Last Jedi.

Mysterio's reason for turning villain? He got fired and his invention was given a dumb acronym. How lame is that. Then his whole plan was a completely unreal level of impossible, even for a comic book movie.

To much trying to make old people look hip and uncool. The whole "ghosting" thing was cringe worthy. And while we are on it why all the focus on Happy and the two bumbling teachers?

Love how his classmates kept stumbling into danger. Over and over again. This is poor writing. Sitcom level stuff here.

This goes back to Homecoming, but why the need to change beloved characters into something they are not? MJ, Flash, Ned, Betty, Aunt May, Im looking at yall. I know they are trying to do the all inclusive PC thing but its suuuuccch overkill. Just call them by different names if the dont even resemble their inspiration at all. By the way, that bus driver better have not been Kraven.

Why on Gods green earth did they feel the need to reveal his idenity????? Again, hes not Iron Man! Where do you even take this story now? So now he can never have a job at the Bugle and all his friends/family have a target on their back. Why?

There are soooo many other things wrong with this movie but i just cant. The few things i do like are Tom Holland as Peter, Jake Gyllenhal was a good Mysterio and Im glad JK SImmons is back as JJJ. The rest of this movie was trash and ruined what spiderman is supposed to be.
Good job Marvel. You finally got your main hero back in your universe and you destroyed everything we loved about him over the course of two full length movies. What a way to end Phase 3. Sad and disapointing
John718Jul 5, 2019
Can't believe Marvel when back to the disappointing "ironman 3" twist....waste of opportunity again for what could have been a powerful true villain.

No to mention the poor acting by most of the cast, and overwhelming amount of recycled effects bad jokes.
IsaacJJul 2, 2019
In the wake of the bombastic success of Avengers: Endgame, Marvel Studios return here with a smaller yet still lively summer flick starring everyone’s favourite neighbourhood superhero. Turns out audiences are not the only ones who need toIn the wake of the bombastic success of Avengers: Endgame, Marvel Studios return here with a smaller yet still lively summer flick starring everyone’s favourite neighbourhood superhero. Turns out audiences are not the only ones who need to recover from the furore of recent events in the MCU (not least Thanos’ genocidal antics now christened in-universe as ‘The Blip’). Spider-Man: Far From Home sees our titular hero take a well-earned rest as he embarks on a school trip to Europe with his friends. He doesn’t even pack his trusty suit… it’s time for a bit of normality. Of course, events don’t quite turn out as expected and Peter is dragged swiftly back into the world-saving game, this time to battle the multidimensional Elementals and other hidden and perhaps even more dangerous enemies. Much of the creative talent behind 2017’s Spider-Man: Homecoming return for this spirited and entertaining sequel that ends up being satisfying both for its character and in its place in the ever-widening MCU. Tom Holland dons the webbed suit yet again as Spider-Man; if he wasn’t brilliant before, this time he seems even more comfortable in the role, delivering a charming, vulnerable and seemingly effortless performance. Director Jon Watts also returns proving himself to be a sure hand, his clear vision for the film shining through with distinctive style. There’s a notable new addition however in writers Chris McKenna and Erik Sommers who deliver a smart script, often hilarious and always genuine. Far From Home is certainly a Spider-Man film on a sheer scale we haven’t seen before; largely, it’s handled quite well, remaining mostly grounded amid globe-trotting and narrative twists and turns. Occasionally, we lose some of the cohesion and it feels a little overstuffed and expository, but honestly this film is so fast-paced and energetic you can’t help but enjoy the ride even when everything doesn’t quite jell. Equally, there are far too many brilliant aspects to take in; take for instance the seamless action sequences which are neatly interchanged with intimate and believable drama. The temptation with movies of this kind is to fall into mindless action and forget the substance but Far From Home keeps its characters purely at its heart. There’s nice references, for example, to Endgame that really inform Peter’s arc in the film and provide the film’s understated yet decidedly emotional impact. Whilst the overall package might not be as tight as its predecessor, Far From Home makes appropriate attempts to hone in on some characters and narrative vignettes in more detail (for example, Zendaya’s MJ is far more fleshed out here and Peter’s own sense of identity and responsibility is thoughtfully explored). Again, it’s not all plain sailing; Jake Gyllenhaal’s Syndrome-esque Mysterio is very hit and miss, his great moments bogged down by some of the lesser writing and obligatorily clunky exposition.
In the end, however, Spider-Man: Far From Home is an impressive film, more than making up for its faults. It’s fiercely entertaining, packed full of humour, action thrills and plenty of unexpected twists to keep the audience gripped (speaking of which, stay for two critical post-credits scenes). Equally, there’s some fantastic visual effects work that sometimes even echoes of the illusionary sequences in Doctor Strange. Jon Watts and his team deliver a satisfying sequel here full of interesting choices yet still staying true to the style established in Homecoming. Ultimately, regardless of its position in the Marvel canon, Far From Home has all the elements of the perfect summer popcorn movie; action thrills, big laughs, a likeable cast and brilliant visuals really allow it to recover from momentary snags and reach the finish line in splendour. Expertly crafted and with an unabashed sense of fun, Spider-Man: Far From Home is an assured Marvel instalment that hungers for a rewatch.
Mac_LeiherJul 2, 2019
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I went into Spiderman Far From Home with high expectations and I left with those expectations being met. They couldn't have done anything better in this movie, the visual effects and action are some of the best scenes in the MCU. It's definitely the funniest MCU movie in my opinion, and it's even better than its last movie Expand
josefserenJul 6, 2019
Man its rotten i mean just dont go and give some buckets Just dont look this boiz : Spider-Man: Far From Home is a film that i did not like. This is the last review i will write on MCU Spider-Man. This is the sequel to the “hit” videoMan its rotten i mean just dont go and give some buckets Just dont look this boiz : Spider-Man: Far From Home is a film that i did not like. This is the last review i will write on MCU Spider-Man. This is the sequel to the “hit” video Spider-Man: Homecoming is a Bad SPIDER-MAN Movie. I'm done talking about Spider-Man and making Spider-Man Video Essays (?) as soon as i finish the Raimi Series. I hope you enjoyed Far From Home more than I did, I really do. Expand
kirkenderJul 5, 2019
Spider-Man Homecoming is one of my favorite superhero movies. Far From Home is bloated, lacking depth of character and heart, and doesn't really know what story its trying to tell. Part homage to the Avengers/Tony Stark, Part middle of theSpider-Man Homecoming is one of my favorite superhero movies. Far From Home is bloated, lacking depth of character and heart, and doesn't really know what story its trying to tell. Part homage to the Avengers/Tony Stark, Part middle of the road superhero movie and part John Hughes teenage love story. It misses on all fronts. Its still mildly entertaining, but its a whisper of what marvel can do. ALSO too many costume changes, i don't need to see 6 different spider-outfits, we get it. Expand
JadaschaeferJul 2, 2019
I thought the movie was well made. It appealed to both audiences (young and old), and showcased Peter's struggle with being a teen and a superhero. It was very funny and I LOVED the romantic connection between MJ and Peter.