Columbia Pictures | Release Date: July 2, 2019
1,310
Watch Now
Buy on
BeeebleJul 12, 2019
Quite a few funny moments. Has a very teenage vibe to it. Plenty of action keeps you interested. Suffers from being the first Marvel movie after Avengers: Endgame as it doesn't live up to the hype still fresh in memory.
eagleeyevikingJul 4, 2019
While “Far From Home” lacks the small scale of “Homecoming” that gave it a personal touch, it mostly makes up for it with wonderful action, an absolutely hilarious script, brilliant performances, and a plot that manages to be both a solidWhile “Far From Home” lacks the small scale of “Homecoming” that gave it a personal touch, it mostly makes up for it with wonderful action, an absolutely hilarious script, brilliant performances, and a plot that manages to be both a solid follow-up to “Avengers: Endgame”, and also an entertaining high-school romance-comedy. Expand
StevieGJDJul 5, 2019
I may like this incarnation of Spiderman the best. I love that Peter Parker actually seems like a high school kid, as do most of his classmates. Though it's definitely not part of the comic book storyline, I love the hot Aunt Mae. SFFH isI may like this incarnation of Spiderman the best. I love that Peter Parker actually seems like a high school kid, as do most of his classmates. Though it's definitely not part of the comic book storyline, I love the hot Aunt Mae. SFFH is the first entry into this next phase of the Marvel Cibenatic Universe, and it blends in previous movie elements well.

Though Jake Gyllenhaal was excellent in his part, I had logical difficulties with his whole storyline. I'm also did not love the final CGI battle,which of course is unfortunate my de rigeur for the genre.

But the film is earnest. The background romance is sweet. There are other cute romantic side pkots. It feels like how a high school kid would process these situations.

Special effects are always getting better and they're great here. The main acting is great for the genre. The first post-Endgame film dutifully advances the franchise.
joyalJul 4, 2019
Its Fantastic !!

tomholland rocked zendaya I liked her ;cutie special This spiderman movie is fun, romantic , full of action packed and very smart and cool Don't miss the post credit and wait till the very end of the movie! Perfect ending
Its Fantastic !!

Perfect ending of an area and entering into new marvelcinematicuniverse with a bang!

I love ma spidey very much this time
Peach1019Jul 2, 2019
Amazing movie! Adds humor and is nice that they decided to do something new with Spider-Man unlike doing the whole story again which we all know.
tropicAcesJul 3, 2019
I grew up loving Mysterio and thought I would never get to see him on the big screen; they nail him. Holland continues to shine and Zendaya is as dorky as ever. All hyperbole aside: this is the best MCU film of 2019 and the best Spider-ManI grew up loving Mysterio and thought I would never get to see him on the big screen; they nail him. Holland continues to shine and Zendaya is as dorky as ever. All hyperbole aside: this is the best MCU film of 2019 and the best Spider-Man movie since 2004. Expand
HenryMucajJul 4, 2019
Its a bootleg spiderman 2. The actor tom holland is just not as good as the og tobey
20 of 49 users found this helpful2029
Mitya64Sep 19, 2019
Очень круто снят фильм. Эффекты и экшн получились отлично. Понравилась тема с путешествием.
bertboy93Jul 17, 2020
a very entertainig movie with great pacing, it does have a lot of problems in the story and some things just do not make sense. 7,5/10
MasterRileyAug 1, 2019
Far From Home might as well have a laugh track throughout. Dont get me wrong, I still like this movie, but I wanted to love it. The movie tries way too hard to make you laugh constantly that it feels like you can never take it seriously.Far From Home might as well have a laugh track throughout. Dont get me wrong, I still like this movie, but I wanted to love it. The movie tries way too hard to make you laugh constantly that it feels like you can never take it seriously. Homecoming, as well as other Spider-Man movies, at least balance out the humour with serious and emotional moments. But onto the positives, like Homecoming, Tom Holland and the rest of the cast gives great performances and the story overall is really cool. I like how it takes place in Europe rather than New York, which is very unique for a Spider-Man movie. Jake Gyllenhaal as Mysterio is great; I like how rather than being a straight up villain from the get go he appears to be a good guy. But its pretty predictable that he was going to turn against Peter. The action in the movie is great, especially those scenes where Peter/Spider-Man is moving through Mysterio's visions (those scenes are simply amazing and should have been way longer). Overall its a good movie that Spidey and MCU fans will still enjoy, despite maybe being a little too heavy on jokes. Expand
ColginatorJul 13, 2019
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The MCU has now become so interconnected that it seems impossible to talk about it without spoiling the previous films. Heck, even the trailer for Far From Home came with spoiler warnings. So if you're the one person who hasn't got round to watching Endgame yet and you don't want to know any details about the "surprise" villain in Far From Home, spoilers ahead.

Still reeling from the events of Endgame and the massive weight on his shoulders of everyone wanting him to be the next Iron man, Peter is looking forward to the chance to not be Spider-man for a while and hang up his costume to go on vacation with his friends at school. But when elemental monsters appear to be attacking European landmarks, Nick Fury enlists Spider-man to help save the world with the new mysterious hero Mysterio.

But in the most shocking twist since it was revealed in Superman that Clarke Kent wasn't just a mild mannered reporter, it turns out the the famous Spider-man villain Mysterio is actually the antagonist of the film. He's a disgruntled Tony Stark employee who was manipulating Spider-man to obtain a dangerous A.I. designed by Stark which controls orbital weapons. So obviously Spider-man has to find Mysterio and save the day, whilst still trying to have fun on his trip and find a way to confess his feelings to MJ.

As a villain Mysterio is fine. He's not the show stealer like some of the other recent villains like Killmongerer or Thanos have been, but he's not a forgetful dud like Zemo either. Gyllenhall has enough charisma that he can pull off being both a melodramatic perfectionist yelling at his team to get his performance as Mysterio right but still be completely intimidating as a psychopath willing to kill anyone to get what he wants. Plus Mysterio gets a fantastic Arkham Asylum style of nightmare sequence where he forces Spider-man in to one of his illusions. It's full of so much twisted and creative imagery that it rivals Doctor Strange for the trippiest sequence of the MCU.

Though just like Homecoming, most of the films best moments comes from it being less of a superhero movie and more of a high school comedy. There's Ned who's still coming up with increasingly strenuous ways of keeping Spider-man's identity a secret. Flash is posting everything that happens to instagram whilst being an obnoxious whiny douche to everyone around him. And Brad the rival to Peter for the affections of MJ who has become far more butch than his classmates since he was one of the survivors of the snap.

But the real stand out of Peter's school group is MJ, with the film cementing Zendaya as being the best on-screen version of Mary Jane. Largely because her nihilistic charm and random irreverent comments make for some of the funniest moments in the film. Plus Zendaya and Tom Holland have a great on-screen chemistry, largely because they genuinely see like awkward teenagers stumbling through their conversations and never sure of what to say to each other.

Though in terms of capturing the character of Peter Parker from the comics, the MCU isn't quite there yet. Tom Holland is definitely the best on-screen version of the web slinger so far capturing both the quick wit of the web slinger and the relatable teenager that Stan Lee had always envisioned him to be. But a core aspect of the character has always been his ability and burden to overcome tragedy. They definitely make an attempt to capture this here with Tony Starks death casting a large shadow over the film, however through the films lighthearted nature it doesn't seem capable of reaching the heights of the franchises most memorable moments like Uncle Ben or Gwen Stacey which were essential building blocks for Spider-man in the comics. Holland has shown that he is capable of bringing dramatic weight to the character where he can, so I hope that the future films will be tonally confident enough to try capturing these moments.

But for anyone who enjoyed Homecoming, Far From Home continues to capture the same humour whilst also upping the scale with some more ambitious sequences. It's a lighthearted epilogue to the epic scale of phase 3 of the MCU and a strong promise of the continued potential for the future of the post-Endgame MCU.
PeterAquiJul 26, 2019
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Spider man is gooddhdhdhdffhdhdhdhdhdfffffhffhfjfhfufurududjdhdfhfhdhsjdjdhfhffufufufuf Expand
skythereviewerJul 5, 2019
Amazing movie tbh doesnt really feel like spiderman plot is eh characters are great i laughed alot overall its average
cag345Jul 10, 2019
The new spiderman movie lacks from a geniune villian. Really? The same reason as Michael Keaton´s villian? Sadly Jake Gyllenhaal is too much good actor for the kind of role he was doing (I was expecting soemthing with a better background).The new spiderman movie lacks from a geniune villian. Really? The same reason as Michael Keaton´s villian? Sadly Jake Gyllenhaal is too much good actor for the kind of role he was doing (I was expecting soemthing with a better background). Don´t misunderstand me, the movie on the other hand was so much fun. Original and with big heart. Definitely the film of the summer and another good addittion into the MCU. Excited to see the future new Spiderman 3. Tom Holland´s spiderman is full of charisma and his chemistry with Zendaya is believable. Expand
SrPepeJul 12, 2019
En mi opinión es la mejor película de Spider-Man, entretenida, buena historia y buenos efectos, sobretodo los de los poderes de Mysterio que uff disfrute mucho esas partes. Y la escena post-créditos con el regreso de un icónico personaje conEn mi opinión es la mejor película de Spider-Man, entretenida, buena historia y buenos efectos, sobretodo los de los poderes de Mysterio que uff disfrute mucho esas partes. Y la escena post-créditos con el regreso de un icónico personaje con una terrible noticia, fue muy épico. Me encanto.

PD: muchos de las críticas negativas tienen 1 crítica mmm
Player2-WaterJul 12, 2019
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. E-Value: 9
Acting: 9
Plot: 9

Although Avengers: Endgame was supposed to be the final chapter of The Infinity Saga, Marvel Studios president, Kevin Feige has recently confirmed that Spider-Man: Far From Home, which is the twenty-third instalment in Marvel Cinematic Universe, is not just the final movie of Phase 3 but also the movie is officially the final chapter of The Infinity Saga.

Eight months after the events of Avengers: Endgame, Midtown School of Science and Technology restart its academic years to accommodate the students who were resurrected by “the Blip”. The school also organise a two week summer field trip to Europe. During a fundraising event organised by May Parker, Peter Parker/Spider-Man (Holland) is told by Happy Hogan that Nick Fury (Jackson) will contact him soon about something but he refuse to speak to him.

Still mourning the death of his mentor, Tony Stark/Iron Man, and wanting to take a break from superhero duty for a while, Peter decided not to bring his Spider-Man suit on his field trip but his aunt still pack for him anyway in case of emergency. During a trip in Venice, Peter and the other students encounters one of the mysterious entities known as the Elementals. As the Elemental known as Water Elemental is wreaking havoc on the city, a mysterious superhero called Mysterio (Gyllenhaal) shows up and defeats the Water Elemental.

Later at night, Peter is approach by Fury who wants him to meet Mysterio, whose real name is Quentin Beck. He claims that he is from another universe of Earth and he is here to stop the Elementals from causing more destruction. Peter refuses to be part of this mission and chooses to return back to his field trip. Unknown to him, Fury secretly change the school field trip from Paris to Prague where the other Elemental will strike next.

Once again, Spider-Man: Far From Home is not just another good instalment in the franchise but also great sequel similar to 2004’s Spider-Man 2. The plot of the movie is very well written and executed especially the plot twists which you never seen it coming. Even before the movie was released in cinemas, the trailers have already done a great job in hiding the plot twists and even had Tom Holland to warn viewers about some spoilers from Avengers: Endgame. There is not a single boring scene at all and lots of funny moments. It is all fun and enjoyable to watch.

The cast have done an impressive performance especially Tom Holland and Jake Gyllenhaal, whom they deliver an amazing performance in their role as Spider-Man and Mysterio. The on-screen romance between Tom Holland and Zendaya are very natural and great. The depiction of teenage drama and romance subplot between the two of them is very well done. It was really fun and romantic to see them interacting with each other and better than any romance movies.

Like all Marvel movies except 2008’s The Incredible Hulk and Avengers: Endgame, there is a mid-credits scene and post-credits scene. You definitely cannot miss both of these scenes at all cost. This is because there is a certain someone who is also iconic from the comic book show up unexpectedly. It was really a surprise for me and caught me off guard. Regardless, those two scenes not only serve as clue for Phase 4 but also a future direction for this franchise.
KasiJul 13, 2019
Spiderman far from home is the best movie i have ever seen
And you must watch thim movie
ShaneGrieveJul 12, 2019
I didn't get the uplifting feeling of a funny/quippy Spidey. It was still fun to watch though. They payed nice homage to the comic books and IMO the old Spider-Man 2 game that was on the PS2.
Without spoiling you'll understand what I mean if
Without spoiling you'll understand what I mean if you've played the game and seen this movie.
RahulkJul 26, 2019
One of the best Spiderman movies of all time. Twists were awesome. But post credits is more of a mixed feelings.
NorsecodeJul 10, 2019
A good, not great, addition to the MCU. I will say that Tom Holland and Zendaya do justice to their characters. They make the movie relatable and fun. The humor is neither forced nor over the top. Jake G. does a great job with Mysterio andA good, not great, addition to the MCU. I will say that Tom Holland and Zendaya do justice to their characters. They make the movie relatable and fun. The humor is neither forced nor over the top. Jake G. does a great job with Mysterio and the special effects are really great for the most part. It was a bit too slow in the beginning by focusing on Peter and MJ's potential relationship. I am also not a fan of the high-tech spider suit. I prefer the neighborhood Spiderman in his traditional spandex. And to cap it all off, Tony Stark is creating villains and resources for those villains beyond the grave... Expand
flametail23Jul 13, 2019
A fun, funny movie to end off the current phase on MCU movies. It's nothing spectacular but is still worth a watch for one scene involving Mysterio alone.
bataguilaJul 8, 2019
Entretenida, la escena donde misterio ataca por 1ra vez a spiderman es lo mejor de la peli. Lo malo es que es mucho chiste, los efectos no son muy buenos al principio, cae muy may la MJ, El misterio no tiene al final nada para admirar.
StickyAnimsJul 9, 2019
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I have to admit, this movie is pretty good, though not that pretty good since Spiderman is another victim from MCU.

I liked the point that Mysterio still count on his special effects like the comic, but i kinda didn't like on how the movie showing his plan. The story is almost similar to The Incredibles but at the post credit scene, that plan disappear and it almost seems like that he's changing his plan so suddenly by "unmasking" Spiderman publicly. At least J.K Simmons back :D

Another thing that i'm not following is Tony's intention on giving EDITH, the most intelegent, security AI in the world given to some young lad. Sure he's different but i still need some explanation on why Tony did that, also EDITH is somehow became less interesting in the halfway through the movie.

The movie isn't bad on my opinion, but at least they need more explanation for some parts of the movie.
FutarouJul 20, 2019
Far from home was a spectacular movie from start to finish it entails with a heroes struggle to be the best spiderman he can be.
ImaginaryCriticJul 28, 2019
Its fun, entertaining and very funny. Really wasn't expecting anything else just the fact that its Marvel. You already know what you're gonna get.
JokohamaAug 3, 2019
Fun and moving at the same time. There are some excellent scenes, but just a average movie overall.
skohlJul 10, 2019
I was impressed with the writing in this one! The script is very tight, it's paced probably better than any of the Avengers films, with less downtime and more action. Not strictly epic battle scenes, but plot action. There's lots ofI was impressed with the writing in this one! The script is very tight, it's paced probably better than any of the Avengers films, with less downtime and more action. Not strictly epic battle scenes, but plot action. There's lots of characters, and they're all funny (except for Sam Jackson who is fat and bored). Marvel also continues to outdo themselves in special effects. Mysterio's powers look amazing, exactly as cool as I hoped. Try not to spoil this one for yourself. Expand
HTGamerJul 5, 2019
Spiderman: Far From Home is a fun MCU movie, and a vast improvement over the lacklustre Homecoming.

This film being post-Endgame, it shows Peter Parker struggling to fill Tony Stark's shoes. He's still a reckless teen boy prone to stupid mistakes even though he's fought against Thanos in space. Also Peter Parker comes close with MJ, but Zendaya is clearly miscast as MJ, Spiderman's classic girlfriend (although she's never called Mary Jane, just MJ). Anyway, there's absolutely zero chemistry between Tom Holland and Zendaya.

I liked the movie's version of Mysterio. He fits well into the film's premise, because in an world full of gods and superheroes, if you don't shoot lasers from your hands you are nobody. And if you stage a show, people will believe anything. That's exactly what the master of illusions is about to do. But this political message isn't handled as well as in The Winter Soldier's "give up your freedom for security" theme, or Civil War's, well, civil war.

As with every MCU movie, Far From Home is a comedy action hybrid. It's consistently fun, with plenty of situational jokes, although it's not up to the comedy level of Deadpool.

My only complaint is that Tom Holland's Peter Parker still doesn't feature the classic Spiderman personality. He's supposed to be delivering fun one-liners, but there is nothing like it so far in the MCU's Spiderman. Then again, being arrogant and speaking one-liners was Tony Stark's second nature, so maybe if Peter Parker comes to really succeed Iron Man in the future, he'll become more like Tony Stark as well.

SPOILER ALERT: The mid-credits scene is a blast from the past. Spiderman's true identity is revealed to the world by J. Jonah Jameson, with actor J. K. Simmons returning from the Sam Raimi movies. I find it hard to believe that they haven't set up the Sinister Six hunting down Spiderman in the sequel. After all, Vulture and Scorpion are already present in the MCU, and we can't rule out Mysterio is dead for good. Get 3 more villains, and the Sinister Six are ready for Spiderman.

Overall, Far From Home is a good and fun sequel to Homecoming.
YanderEvilJul 5, 2019
I love this movie. It's totally different and fresh. It have's a good villan, a really good plot and obviously a great cast.
ValBalJul 8, 2019
Enjoyable although not as good as Homecoming. The film is fun, funny and extremely dynamic but unfortunately this film features yet another MCU villain that lacks emotional weight. Apart from Thanos and Loki who is more of an anti hero ratherEnjoyable although not as good as Homecoming. The film is fun, funny and extremely dynamic but unfortunately this film features yet another MCU villain that lacks emotional weight. Apart from Thanos and Loki who is more of an anti hero rather than a legit bad guy, Vulture is the best written MCU villain so far. Expand
theredskyJul 5, 2019
Spider-Man: Far From Home is a good movie and a good follow up to the events of Endgame. Here are the negatives. The first 30-45 minutes kinda suck. It’s paced awkwardly and incredibly rushed. Scenes just kind of start and stop with no rhymeSpider-Man: Far From Home is a good movie and a good follow up to the events of Endgame. Here are the negatives. The first 30-45 minutes kinda suck. It’s paced awkwardly and incredibly rushed. Scenes just kind of start and stop with no rhyme or reason. It gets a whole lot better after that point though. Peter Parker still MOSTLY has the same internal struggle of Spider-Man: Homecoming. Peter is trying to figure out if he should be a friendly neighborhood Spider-Man or be more than that and I wished they had not kept that internal struggle from the first film. Half of the jokes in this movie weren’t that funny to me. The visual effects in some areas were a little shotty but most were really good. My final issue is that there is a literal plot device item that comes into play about halfway through the movie and it doesn’t make a lot of sense at all for me. Here are the positives. The acting is really good. Tom Holland, Jake Gyllenhaal, Samuel L. Jackson, and Jacob Batalon are standouts from the film. Jake Gyllenhaal and Tom Holland have outstanding chemistry together and it’s a joy to watch them on screen together. I really hope those two work together again in the future. The rest of the actors do a good job. Most of the visual effects are really good for a Marvel movie. There is a sequence in the film that I think is absolutely amazing that I can’t talk about due to spoilers. The Elementals look lifelike and both Spider-Man and Mysterio’s visual effects look really good. I absolutely love Mysterio’s actual costume. It just looks amazing. The action in this film is really good. You understand what is going on and who is who in each action sequence. I like the story for this film. It has this kind of spy thriller vibe while mixed with a romance comedy that I think works really well together and I like how each destination the group goes to is essential to the plot. I do enjoy the score a lot even though I prefer Homecoming’s score. The cinematography is fine. It’s not extraordinary but it’s decent. The tone mostly remains consistent except for a couple scenes and after the first 30-45 minutes, the film is paced really well. Overall, Spider-Man: Far From Home is a good follow up to Endgame with great acting, action, and good visual effects even if the first part of the film sucks. I give Spider-Man: Far From Home a 7.5/10. Expand
Yas678Jul 5, 2019
Far From home is definitely one of the best superhero movie ever and the best MCU movie. The storyline, the haracters, Peter and Mj romance and obviously the outstanding work with the cgi couldn't be better.
NearAug 20, 2019
It's a great movie. Despite its flaws, it is seriously enjoyable. There are two main plots: the one regarding Peter and the one regarding Spiderman. The first one is perfect. High school kids acting like high school kids. It's a greatIt's a great movie. Despite its flaws, it is seriously enjoyable. There are two main plots: the one regarding Peter and the one regarding Spiderman. The first one is perfect. High school kids acting like high school kids. It's a great quality. Peter struggle is real, relatable and amazing to watch. The villain part... Sucks. It doesn't make any sense. But I'm willing to forgive the movie because it's just fun to watch. Expand
SebkAug 10, 2019
SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME is a movie with a very good development of a plot where the villian shines in its capacity of creating problems without the necessity of having super-powers. The movie has a good implementation of funny moments, butSPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME is a movie with a very good development of a plot where the villian shines in its capacity of creating problems without the necessity of having super-powers. The movie has a good implementation of funny moments, but again, it exploits sometimes this element a lot that ridicules the Spider-Man character who does not a big personal growing. Besides, the actress who represents MJ does not finish fitting with total naturalness. In other words, the movie is better than the previous one since it has better action scenes, a better villian and a better recreation of the spider-man universe spite of we cannot find a spider-man that convinces a lot as a superhero totally.

--8/10--
d-aronnaxAug 15, 2019
This is a beautiful spider-man story. Tom Holland is just as adorable as ever as a young Peter Parker. As an avid reader of the 90s Spider-Man comics I really like the tone and atmosphere. It is funny, nice action scenes, nice comic bookThis is a beautiful spider-man story. Tom Holland is just as adorable as ever as a young Peter Parker. As an avid reader of the 90s Spider-Man comics I really like the tone and atmosphere. It is funny, nice action scenes, nice comic book story, everything a good spider-man movie needs. Expand
Compi24Jul 6, 2019
In proper sequel fashion, "Spider-Man: Far From Home" not only looks to improve upon the things that didn't work in "Homecoming," but it even aims to take some of the predecessor's better elements and somehow tune these things up as well. TheIn proper sequel fashion, "Spider-Man: Far From Home" not only looks to improve upon the things that didn't work in "Homecoming," but it even aims to take some of the predecessor's better elements and somehow tune these things up as well. The humor's been toned down to a much more tolerable level. The characters have all been refined. The action is clearer and more interesting. And even the thematic intent is much easier to grasp this time around. Top it all off with one of the MCU's best villain performances to date and you get one of the summer's best rides thus far. Expand
artardmosheaJul 6, 2019
I walked out of the theater happy, amazing highs, great reveals, but definitely a lot of that was dumb/eh? moments too.

Great use of Mysterio. I really dislike all of the classmates including Peter they are all lame characters, he's a great

Great use of Mysterio.

I really dislike all of the classmates including Peter they are all lame characters, he's a great Spiderman but a terrible Peter Parker.
NoUseMerkJul 3, 2019
My fiance and I went and saw the new Spider-Man film last night on a Dolby Cinema screen. The movie picks up shortly after Avengers: Endgame and does a good job at continuing the Marvel Cinematic Universe into it's next phase, paying homageMy fiance and I went and saw the new Spider-Man film last night on a Dolby Cinema screen. The movie picks up shortly after Avengers: Endgame and does a good job at continuing the Marvel Cinematic Universe into it's next phase, paying homage to lost Avengers and moving forward with it's remaining characters. The movie is lighthearted and funny. Tom Holland (Peter Parker / Spider-Man) and Jake Gyllenhaal (Quentin Beck / Mysterio) carry the film with exceptional acting. Special effects were awesome, especially for Mysterio's bit. And you'll want to stay after the movie for two after-credit scenes. One is half way after the credits (having huge circumstances), and the other at the very end. Overall, I quite enjoyed the movie. Spider-Man Homecoming was a bit better in my opinion, only because Michael Keaton did such a great job as The Vulture. However, Far From Home was still a great entry into the series. Expand
GabrielgilzJul 4, 2019
Amazing spider-man movie! We can relate so well with Peter Parker and Mysterio is great in the movie. The movie is going to leave you excited waiting for the next one already and future marvel movies.
Rupamdas2000Jul 5, 2019
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Just osm Expand
Sully11111Jul 4, 2019
The characters are new and interesting and it’s impeccable story wise. The end credit scenes were some of the best marvel has to offer and left me wanting more and actually caring about the characters.
Ascended333Oct 25, 2021
Far From Home succeeds with an unusual, troubling virtue: The best parts are
RidleayRomeroJul 5, 2019
Good film for moviegoers. Bad film for Marvel fanboys.
I literally had my brother express his rage after it was done. It was apparent from the look on his face he was angry. So now I've decided not to take him to any movies at all anymore.
KenmeiJul 5, 2019
Billed as the epilogue for phase 3, this Spider-Man movie didn't do much to move the needle for me. A lot of the things you expected to happen did, and the story kinda faltered towards the end with a lackluster final fight scene. GyllenhaalBilled as the epilogue for phase 3, this Spider-Man movie didn't do much to move the needle for me. A lot of the things you expected to happen did, and the story kinda faltered towards the end with a lackluster final fight scene. Gyllenhaal was pretty good as Mysterio but there wasn't really anything in this movie that blew me away. Bout the only reason to go see it in theaters, IMO, is to see the end credits scene as I'm sure that they will be announcing some new material of stuff for the future of the MCU soon as Comicon. However after the big piece that was the last two Avenger movies, this felt more similar to what the Ant-man and Wasp movie was to me. Something that is nice to see but doesn't really do much for the overall Marvel product. It's not a bad movie but there's nothing spectacular here and, coming off Endgame, it was always going to be hard to maintain that level of enthusiasm for these movies. Expand
JoeCoolJul 6, 2019
Good action, once you get past the really slow start, some nice romance, just a shame that in the story it just turns out that nothing is as it seems. It takes away from how good this movie could have been. Still a good time, as long as youGood action, once you get past the really slow start, some nice romance, just a shame that in the story it just turns out that nothing is as it seems. It takes away from how good this movie could have been. Still a good time, as long as you don't start thinking about it too hard. There are a few times when you might wonder what the uninspired writers were thinking but I'll give it a 7 for the CGI that was just great, even if a 6 may be more appropriate. Expand
AmirAliMahdaviJul 3, 2019
Very fun and fantastic! This movie is the best Spider-Man movie ever! And Mysterio is wonderful!
KatomasterJul 6, 2019
It is a great movie, good action and development (esprcially for spiderman). A transition kind of movie.
Ale11Jul 5, 2019
The movie deals with the struggles of a teenage boy trying to balance his personal life with the superhero life. P.S stay till the end!!!!!!
AttakaayJul 6, 2019
Impressive write up with matching cinematography. Absolutely loving Tom Holland as Spiderman. The way he conveys hid emotions and body posture is truly magnificent. The movie seems to prep us for some of sort surprises Marvel is planning toImpressive write up with matching cinematography. Absolutely loving Tom Holland as Spiderman. The way he conveys hid emotions and body posture is truly magnificent. The movie seems to prep us for some of sort surprises Marvel is planning to hit us with. No over bloating of scenes and they kept it a universal pleasing tone. Characters handled their roles perfectly well and I'm impressed. A great movie for the MCU and its fans. Expand
JPKJul 5, 2019
Really Enjoyed It
Far From Home is funny, terrifically acted, and visually stunning.
ScaryytinoJul 2, 2019
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Spider-Man: Far From Home is basically The Lizzie McGuire movie with explosions, and I couldn’t have asked for anything better. It’s funny, thrilling, and emotionally unstable- not unlike its titular character. Spider-Man movies always succeed when they showcase the struggle to remain a “normal” person while also saving the world. Spider-Man is the most popular super hero in the world for a reason- he’s all of us in many ways. Expand
AbxdlolzJul 2, 2019
This movie is OP as hell!!! Loved every scene. If you want to watch the end credit scene, be sure to stay all the way through because there are two scenes.
RiaJul 3, 2019
Amazing movie, i love the movie a lots and i love peter. .........TS forever !!!
Sean_The_CriticJul 6, 2019
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Very good movie in my opinion, certain points of the movie did seem too drawn out and boring. But overall the movie was great and it helped create a progression in Spider-Man's character, and it also helps close any plot holes as there were a few. The twist, with Mysterio was somewhat predictable, yet it still was surprising as to how he pulled the whole trick off. The scenes that involved Spider-Man and the projected images, was AMAZING, and definitely one of the best parts of the movie, as not only did Spider-Man in the movie not know what was on, but it also continued to trick the audience. The new-found relationship between Happy and Aunt May wasn't very necessary, but it did create some comedic relief, as well as Ned's short-lived relationship. Expand
GrantD243Sep 11, 2019
I'll admit, Spider-Man: Far from Home's narrative is fairly messy. I think that the school trip feels like a pointless plot device in a lot of ways, but I still enjoy following where Marvel is taking Peter Parker as a character. I alsoI'll admit, Spider-Man: Far from Home's narrative is fairly messy. I think that the school trip feels like a pointless plot device in a lot of ways, but I still enjoy following where Marvel is taking Peter Parker as a character. I also enjoyed Mysterio in this film and I think he's one of the better villains in the MCU (which, I mean, isn't saying a ton). How much I enjoyed watching this film definitely has brought it farther up than what most people will rate it, but that's okay. Expand
thegldtAug 7, 2019
Jake Gyllenhaal excels in his first superhero role (since ‘Prince of Persia’?) Tom Holland continues to be perfect as Spider-Man/Peter Parker — and in ‘Far From Home’, he’s raw and the most vulnerable he’s ever been.

With its high

With its high jokes-per-minute ratio, this may also be the MCU’s funniest entry yet. But it’s also trying to be emotional and dramatic. In the first half, it’s a decent globe-trotting, teenage romantic-comedy affair. Later, it becomes super comic-booky with dizzying but stylistic visual sequences. It may come down to personal preference whether you appreciate this tonal shift or if you think it’s tonally confused.

‘Far From Home’ also tackles relevant political themes (which I can’t spell out here because it could easily spoil the plot). If you don’t recognize them, the movie will definitely hammer down those themes one last time in the first end credits scene.

I really would’ve given this 4.5 stars, but as a hater of expositional dialogue, I couldn’t stand one character’s lengthy speech obviously meant to tell audiences what was happening. It was too in-your-face to be satisfying.
iamironman56Sep 10, 2019
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. really alot of fun and a good follow up to to endgame but some things didnt sit with me right. One thing that didnt sit right was when Peter gave the glasses to mystrio. Tony gave them to him as his last act and he just gives them away. I know that uncle ben wasnt shown to die in this universe but spider-man would never do something like that. There is a youtuber cosmonaut who said something very wise about spider-man you can tell if a writter get him if he choses Mary Jane over something else and in this movie he went for Mary Jane. Other then that the action scences performances and the villan where all great. The movie also had a good scence of humor which was fun to see this isnt top tier marvel but its still very good Expand
NikolayGJul 3, 2019
I find it hard to believe anyone thought Homecoming was better. This is by far the best MCU movie. It's brilliant on every level. I will be going to see it again. I cannot recommend it more highly. STAY for the after credits scenes! Both of them.
RazorsEdge17Jul 9, 2019
Classic Spider-Man story with some amazing action scenes and Mysterio could not have been done any better. Also loved how Tony worked into the story and how it affected Peter. And the mid-credits scene... my god was it beautiful. I absolutelyClassic Spider-Man story with some amazing action scenes and Mysterio could not have been done any better. Also loved how Tony worked into the story and how it affected Peter. And the mid-credits scene... my god was it beautiful. I absolutely cannot wait for Spider-Man 3. Expand
NobelhariJul 6, 2019
Great!! Just amazing work by the cast so impressive and a love filled marvel movie is a must watch for future of MCU
MrMovieBuffJul 3, 2019
'Spider-Man: Far From Home' is the perfect post-'Avengers: Endgame' (2019) MCU movie mainly because it's emotional, heart-felt, funny and suitably action-packed. Tom Holland once again returns as Peter Parker, five years after half the'Spider-Man: Far From Home' is the perfect post-'Avengers: Endgame' (2019) MCU movie mainly because it's emotional, heart-felt, funny and suitably action-packed. Tom Holland once again returns as Peter Parker, five years after half the universe's population was decimated by Thanos, Parker, and some of his friends (who must also have been affected since they haven't aged that much) are getting ready to go on their trips abroad. Peter tells Ned (Jacob Batalon) that he plans to spend some romantic time with MJ (Zendaya) and confess his love for her, while on these romantic destinations. It seems that his romantic plans are about to be put in jeopardy as S.H.I.E.L.D. director, Nick Fury (Samuel L. Jackson) recruits Spider-Man on some big scale missions with a powerful being named Quentin Beck (Jake Gyllenhaal) by his side. There are Elementals scattered across the globe, and it's up to both Spidey and "Mysterio" to stop them. I really enjoyed this movie, director John Watts (who also directed 'Spider-Man: Homecoming') does a much better job at crafting some intense action scenes, with the added emotional levels to keep you gripped. The supporting characters are also better utilized here than in the previous film. The film does a good job at keeping you hooked with the character drama, not to mention that seeing Spidey's struggle in a world without Iron Man can often remind you of the emotional intensity that was present throughout 'Avengers: Endgame' (2019). Holland does a terrific job at portraying the nervous high school kid who must balance his life as a hero. I had a lot of fun watching this movie, and if you are a fan of the character, Mysterio, Jake Gyllenhaal (who gives a great performance) will not disappoint you. This is a summer action movie not to be missed. Expand
SteprockJul 7, 2019
Loved it! Spiderman does such a great job of keeping the story grounded and relatable while still running a great superhero movie. It's funny and engaging with plenty of twists and turns, along with likable characters that you really care about.
vazquezmelanie8Jul 6, 2019
best movie ever, i was nervous from waiting so long but its the best film yet. everyone do yourself a favor and watch it
MetaHaydenJul 12, 2019
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Spider-Man far from home is one of the best Spider-Man movies I’ve personally seen. The cgi is polished and although it was arguably overused, it is not an overstatement to say that the scenery was realistic. I enjoy the somewhat strong plot including ‘the elements’ I would recommend this movie to any person seeking an action-packed and humorous story. Expand
dburks1990Jul 3, 2019
A welcome addition to the MCU that allows audiences to deal with the events of Endgame while still setting up Phase 4. Holland, Zendaya, and Gyllenhaal are fantastic.
EpiccheezburgerJul 4, 2019
Great.....................................................................................................................
SatoIchiro17Jul 3, 2019
Marvel did a good job, the movie was entertaining and you would watch it again and again!
GoodJestJul 3, 2019
It have a really good story the pasting is pretty good

Go watch it
It's pretty fun
Spider-ManfannJul 4, 2019
I loved every minute of it and the suspense ending was great but I really don’t wanna wait for another movie
BathSaltZombiiJul 4, 2019
Critics are wrong again for the most part. This is one of the best experiences you will have this summer at the movies. The villain pays off big time and may even be my favorite MCU villain of all time now. Don't miss it and make your ownCritics are wrong again for the most part. This is one of the best experiences you will have this summer at the movies. The villain pays off big time and may even be my favorite MCU villain of all time now. Don't miss it and make your own opinions not based on hive mind thinking. Expand
Ghazman2019Jul 4, 2019
This Spider-Man movie is AMAZING! Much better than Homecoming and is as good as Into The Spider-Verse. Avengers: Endgame left us with a lot of questions about what happens next and Far From Home differently answer most of our questions, it'sThis Spider-Man movie is AMAZING! Much better than Homecoming and is as good as Into The Spider-Verse. Avengers: Endgame left us with a lot of questions about what happens next and Far From Home differently answer most of our questions, it's like an extended Endgame post credit scene. Definitely looking forward to phase 4 and a potential Spider-Man 3. Expand
BennsJul 7, 2019
Very good movie! Way better than the first one , action and humor are on point
noob328Dec 8, 2020
far from home is probably the 2nd best SM film and it's way better than Homecoming
The3AcademySinsJul 4, 2019
Spider-man: Far From Home is easily in my Top 5 MCU movies. All at once a comedy, romance, coming-of-age story and thriller, Far From Home is the send-off that Phase 3 needed and the prologue that Phase 4 will use to catapult itself toSpider-man: Far From Home is easily in my Top 5 MCU movies. All at once a comedy, romance, coming-of-age story and thriller, Far From Home is the send-off that Phase 3 needed and the prologue that Phase 4 will use to catapult itself to greatness. This is a fun summer movie, and one I will re-watch and not soon forget. Expand
GronkarJul 3, 2019
This movie was Amazing. It pays homage to what came before ties into what Has happened before and really reveals so much more about the MCU that we have not known before. There is really one thing I think they could have done better, but evenThis movie was Amazing. It pays homage to what came before ties into what Has happened before and really reveals so much more about the MCU that we have not known before. There is really one thing I think they could have done better, but even still, it was good enough. I debated long and hard on if to give this a 10 or 9. This movie is JUST shy of perfect. and I mean Just. If I could give this a 9.8 I would. If you like the MCU as a whole, you will Love the hell outa this movie. Expand
RyanHerofTimeJul 3, 2019
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Far From Home is an amazing spiderman film. It's is one of my Favorite MCU Films. It a great transition from the infinity Saga into the next phase. It builds on a Post endgame world and shows how fragile it is. It also explains the holes left by endgame. It helps both Expands on New and old characters. It updates them but does not change who they are. The Cast is always Amazing. Tom hollands is always the best Spiderman/Peter Parker. Jake Gyllenhaal was born to play Mysterio. Ending Credit scenes are alot of fun. I loved this film so much. I'm going to see it again Expand
kbkyleJul 2, 2019
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Better than Homecoming and Spider Man 2. Period. This movie had amazing humour, teen involvement and also comic relation, Peter Parker wanted to get with the love of his life but instead his trip is ruined by the Elemant monsters, that happen to be Mysterios holograms. Ill stop there and let you enjoy the movie. Expand
LetoAtreides82Jul 4, 2019
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Just came back from watching a 10:20am showing at the largest CineMark in my area. Looks like 80% of the seats were purchased, it seats about 200 so I'd say about 160 tickets purchased to this showing.

I was really disappointed with Spider-Man: Homecoming but I'm happy to announce I absolutely loved this movie. I can't even think of a scene that should be taken off, I feel it was really well directed. From start to end I was either laughing or by the edge of my seat hoping Spider-Man and his friends wouldn't die.

Spoilers are coming, please avoid reading if you don't want to be spoiled:

Was I the only one saddened by the twist in the story when you find out Mysterio is not who we thought he is? I was completely fooled just like Peter was and felt it was a shame because he seemed like he could have been a good replacement for Iron Man.

I thought it was cool following his class around in their field trip to far away countries. I was so glad that Peter's friend Ned found a girlfriend because I think part of the reason I didn't like Homecoming was that he was too close to Peter. Unfortunately near the end of the movie we find out they have broken up. Hmm well hopefully they get back together or he finds another girlfriend.

Zendaya was excellent this time as MJ and maybe I should rewatch Homecoming, maybe I was a bit too harsh on her portrayal. After I watched Homecoming I thought she was just way too negative and nothing like what I thought MJ should be. Now after Far From Home I'm in love with her character. Maybe when I watched Homecoming I was in a bad mood or something I don't know.

Awesome movie I'm going to see Far From Home again tomorrow and maybe Saturday too. Even the end credits scenes were good, and speaking about the end credits how is Peter going to handle the revelation to the world that he's Spider-Man? I don't think that has ever happened before in the Spider-Man movies.

No further spoilers below, you are safe again:
Go see this movie, bring your family, you won't be dissapointed!!
Corey20Jul 21, 2019
10/10 I think everything is right and this is by far the best spiderman and maybe even the best marvel movie right now
ARRamosJul 9, 2019
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It is such a brilliant movie! Mysterio's illusions looked like a comic book. I absolutly loved it! Expand
KingsbcJul 7, 2019
Tom Holland fits the role like a glove and is my personal favorite spiderman movie made yet.
matheusofsJul 11, 2019
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Amazing !!! The film is awesome. Tom Holland is an a incredible actor, he’s hot and handsome. The sound track WOW. Expand
AdeelJul 5, 2019
This is probably my favorite Spider-Man movie since Rami’s Spider-Man 2. Also Mysterio is now my favorite Spidey villain. 2nd and 3rd are full of amazing Spidey action scenes
Lonewolf63Jul 29, 2019
To be perfectly honest, I only went to see this film because my power was out and the theatre was air conditioned. There were some enjoyable parts and some funny parts, but I literally almost fell asleep during parts of it. The whole IronTo be perfectly honest, I only went to see this film because my power was out and the theatre was air conditioned. There were some enjoyable parts and some funny parts, but I literally almost fell asleep during parts of it. The whole Iron Man / Peter Parker thing really diminishes the Spiderman character. The acting was pretty good, but they can only do so much with the material they were given. No spoilers, but the post credit scenes were a real let down and made me walk out of the movie liking it even less. Expand
Axman9zJul 11, 2019
"Far from individuality"
Good movie as MCU part (great visualls)
But one of the worst as Spider-Mans story. Peter Parker originally much deeper than this Spideys parody
ShufujetSep 14, 2019
I've loved all the earlier Spider-man movies, which made me even more disappointed once I finally went to see this one. The acting in general feels tame, the jokes are simple and made for young children to enjoy and the plot felt likeI've loved all the earlier Spider-man movies, which made me even more disappointed once I finally went to see this one. The acting in general feels tame, the jokes are simple and made for young children to enjoy and the plot felt like something they put together in 10 minutes... I hate to say it, but to me, this was the worst spider-man movie yet. Expand
alizodiacSep 17, 2019
Another perfect example of how average the MCU movies have become, with the only memorable highlight being the end credit scene!
imthenoobJul 10, 2020
The cast makes it a lot better than it really is. What tanks this movie is the painfully fake-looking CG that seems to be abused throughout and the disappointing story that is coupled with it. It rivals some of the worst Spider-Man filmsThe cast makes it a lot better than it really is. What tanks this movie is the painfully fake-looking CG that seems to be abused throughout and the disappointing story that is coupled with it. It rivals some of the worst Spider-Man films we've seen (Spider-Man 3, Amazing Spider-Man 2) IMO and was a huge disappointment. Expand
ApolscSep 22, 2019
Probably marvel universe s worst written movie. Maybe it's directed exclusively to children because it lacks of logic. A step backward from homecoming in every aspect. Only Jake Gyllenhaal saves face in the movie. After watching it I don'tProbably marvel universe s worst written movie. Maybe it's directed exclusively to children because it lacks of logic. A step backward from homecoming in every aspect. Only Jake Gyllenhaal saves face in the movie. After watching it I don't think it is such a bad idea that the Sony marvel partnership is over. The movie is so bad the story is so stupid, Peter showing his face to almost everybody. This might actually provoke a new reboot. Expand
TrevorsViewJul 18, 2019
None of them are any good, but the other Spider-Man films at least manage to each stand out in a meaningful way. Spider-Man: Far from Home only stands out because it takes place somewhere outside New York; compare that to the other versionsNone of them are any good, but the other Spider-Man films at least manage to each stand out in a meaningful way. Spider-Man: Far from Home only stands out because it takes place somewhere outside New York; compare that to the other versions with Maguire and Garfield, especially the brave stylistic Into the Spider-Verse, which beautifully summarizes the comic hero’s spirit. This latest addition to the reboot madness is just hopping across major cities at a pace that moves too quickly yet too slowly.

Considering this came out straight off the coattails of Endgame, one may think, “How could Disney ever top that?” Here’s the answer: They can’t. But they should have done better than this, literally everything seen here happened way better before, even from Marvel Studios. You’ve got your red-caped superhuman generating matter-bending green glows. You’ve got your Nick Fury. You’ve got your extremely awkward humor. You’ve got your mass destruction in the middle of a city without authorities to escort people to safety. You’ve got your new 100% CGI shiny super suit. You’ve got your other new black super suit made almost alien-esque against fireworks. You’ve got your CGI-heavy climax. It’s no secret right now that director Jon Watts got his priorities wrong. Although his wonderfully trippy hallucination starring Tony as a zombie balances against the visual highlight of a Czech night party, it also breaks the needed tone of bittersweet grief.

The multiple major cities shown across Europe throughout the feature get breezed past as Peter Parker and his class vacations in each one. Think back to how Crazy Rich Asians tempted the urge to visit Singapore with its irresistible montages of crustaceous street food. The only touristy thing Far from Home does to breathe life into Europe fittingly looks put together by a high school student project: a montage of the class taking pictures of themselves (and the teacher before dropping his very expensive camera into the harbor).

While on this trip, Peter must go against a giant fire monster at night and has no fears or problems doing so. Yeah, he fought Thanos and all, but had grownups around then, he’s pretty much going solo here. Although there’s Nick Fury, he’s just there to be mocked as his intense talks with Peter keep getting interrupted for laughs. There’s also the new guy, Mysterio, who acts like a potential mentor to Peter by treating him to a lemonade… out of a bendy straw. Mysterio is a badly written character only motivated for anything by a craving to fill Iron Man’s legacy, and resorts to achieving that via overpowered technology that might as well star in Barry Sonnenfeld’s Wild Wild West.

Mysterio’s not nearly as bad as Mary Jane though; her supposedly sweet scenes with Peter become too discomforting to watch seriously. Between every version of the wallcrawling web-slinger, Peter’s love interests never found a foothold, and this is no exception. Like seriously, why are these two losers attracted to the other? More time delves into Peter’s new suit customization than into why he likes Mary Jane!

Then there’s Ned, while Jacob Batalon still gives a pretty good performance, his character just stands around solely for laughs, due to having less material to work off of than in Homecoming. He does get a girlfriend after knowing her for only a few hours, but that’s the only memorable thing done by him.

Although, the melodic aura of societal grief over Tony Stark remains present; acknowledging the candlelit street memorials, these twenty-three movies of the MCU now feel like one complete unit. Plus, an “in memoriam” section attempts to mourn the latest deaths, informing of something after the Blip (as they call it) happened: It had been five years since Infinity War’s events, which means those who came back were still the same age as five years ago. For example, if there were two high school freshmen, one got blipped and the other did not, five years later, the resurrected one would still be a high school freshman and the survivor would be a college sophomore. Pretty clever!

Then again, less time is spent on grieving and more time is spent on the not-so-successful humor of students wearing glowsticks and groaning over a sudden plan to attend a nearly empty opera house. Marvel really needs to stop hating fine art for once and stay focused on the story!

Okay, let’s face it: Everything Marvel does is at the end of the day pointless. So of course, that means Spider-Man: Far from Home lands among the year’s most pointless features. Peter Parker deserves much better than being demeaned over and over by Tony; thank goodness he will demean no one else again. Thank goodness too no one will any longer watch Steve’s mere stupidity. Now… oh dear… Thor is still around… Thanos, please save us!
arrivistSep 24, 2021
Mindless garbage. Is this what we allow the corporations to feed to our children?
Mauro_LanariSep 27, 2019
(Mauro Lanari)
(Mauro Lanari)
A film about today's difficulty in distinguishing the illusion from the real but that is not credible, does not convince and does not captivate either as a teen romance or as a superhero action. Between jokes that don't amuse and a plot that is the shameless mold of every previous chapter of the MCU, at this point the only true villain is boredom.
Cyber_soridaeOct 5, 2019
It's a shame that such a iconic character like Spider-man it's reduced to a movie with bad writing, terrible jokes and god-awful cinemagraph, in a sense it's exactly the way that Marvel Studios makes movies, it's not anything memorable, butIt's a shame that such a iconic character like Spider-man it's reduced to a movie with bad writing, terrible jokes and god-awful cinemagraph, in a sense it's exactly the way that Marvel Studios makes movies, it's not anything memorable, but it's "funny" (i mean, if you are a 12 years old you might think that the jokes of that movie is kinda funny) and has some action, it's fast food cinema and that i'm just too old for this. Expand
Sparsh02Jul 25, 2020
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This movie is very dull I don't want to comment much about this movie but it is bad Expand
HeroicAge616Oct 26, 2021
Far From Home jettisons the last ounce of believability the series has for corny MCU antics and cheesy characters, with a sense of humor that feels almost embarrassed to be making a Spider-Man film.
MochapJul 6, 2019
Kind of poorly written, and often clumsy and boring. Tom is charming and enjoyable to watch but he can't save this mess of a movie on his own.
JeffGoreJul 8, 2019
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I won’t write that studio doesn’t understand Spider-Man, others probably already wrote it. No Uncle Ben who is sufficient for the story, no responsibility, blahblahah, Stark as mentor is a questionable decision, yadda-yadda-yadda, MJ is.... Let’s move on from basic stuff to another basic stuff. This is the worst Spider-Man movie ever, even worse than ASM2. The plot makes no sense. Like the authors of it had a goal to write a typical destruction of the city scene at the end and they did. Mysterio’s plan doesn’t make any sense(he explained all his motivation and methods in the middle of the movie — that’s stupid). What’s his final goal? Doesn’t he understand that his lies will be discovered? Its extremely naive. The SHIELD is another big issue here. Nick Fury and his organization are incompetent to the core. They’ve tried to explain it mentioning him being absent for 5 years, but it still doesn’t explain his lack of basic logic. And Studio knew that that’s absurd, so they’ve explained it with skrulls. Even dumber. Now I think that Kree Empire wants to eliminate skrulls because skrulls are fantastical imbeciles and Kree people praise the Supreme Intelligence. Or something like that. And also jokes. They’re disaster. They are so bad I spent half of the movie facepalming. Jokes about how characters are lame and fail at something and other jokes break the suspension of disbelief. You know why Kick-Ass is cool? Because some cool stuff is cool and not lame, there is a balance: people die and die in awesome ways, Kick-Ass is **** but Hit-Girl isn’t. Imagine a character fighting a villain, a very dynamic scene, but in the middle of it a hero becomes a giant butt and farts. That is a rough example, but my point is that a movie shouldn’t make a joke about everything. Remember fat Thor in the Endgame? That was lame not because he was fat and played video games, but because it was intended to be a pun. It’s annoying. This movie is much more of a teen comedy and it’s not satisfying. Some people say that superheroes are essentially comedic, because the idea of a man in a colorful suit is dumb? Well, I’m pretty sure people love superhero comicbooks not because of their humor. Also EDITH as a plot device is also weird lore-wise and story-wise. Why did Stark created it? Nick Fury and CIA probably would have wanted it to themselves and not to some angsty teenager. Is it even moral to create or use such thing? EDITH is a giant wheel-chair for the plot(for the epic city destruction battle) and another pun creating machine. The only good thing about the movie is the first battle with Mysterio: it’s trippy and thrilling. wise and story-wise. Expand
Ghopper8Jul 8, 2019
Best Spider-Man movie so far. Probably the best super hero movie of the year
Aidar_v_pomoshJul 7, 2019
Это очень годный фильм! Советую! Жду продолжение и актёры сыграли великолепно! 10/10
KrivetkaJul 3, 2019
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This movie is easy and romantic compared to the first part, Holland and the company look crazy, recommend!) Expand