Tag

6.3
Generally favorable reviews based on 148 Ratings
Watch Now
Davrosdaleks1Jun 24, 2018
Liked this one. The lengths to which to the main characters go to win a game of tag get so insanely hilarious in this. Good cast too, the highlights are Ed Helms as the lead who goes to the greatest extremes to catch Renner, Isla Fisher asLiked this one. The lengths to which to the main characters go to win a game of tag get so insanely hilarious in this. Good cast too, the highlights are Ed Helms as the lead who goes to the greatest extremes to catch Renner, Isla Fisher as Helms' wife who is even more extreme than him, and Jeremy Renner as the cocky, strategic mastermind they've never caught.

One nitpick: There is a romantic triangle subplot between Jon Hamm, Jake Johnson, and Rashida Jones' character that is devoid of laughs and chemistry and stops the whole film cold. Luckily, it doesn't take up much of the film's time. This also doesn't feel like a repeated viewing to me. As I said, it's funny and worth a theater price, but the jokes aren't the types that didn't leave me wanting to revisit them.
ukrScorpionSep 11, 2018
Good film
Film have a soul
Many good moments comedy and drama
where to laugh and eat where to cry
Thanks for this film
WeedranJul 26, 2018
TAG is great movie with lots of fun and will make you watch it again,all characters are introduced in a great way,and ending is made in such a way that will leave you in happy feeling even thou its a little bit sad
preciouskikiJun 18, 2018
Laugh-out-loud funny, "Tag" is a lot of fun to watch. Ed Helms, as always, just perfect as the Everyman husband and good buddy with a glint of mischief in those innocent blue eyes. Also wonderful as the WSJ reporter: the gorgeous AnnabelleLaugh-out-loud funny, "Tag" is a lot of fun to watch. Ed Helms, as always, just perfect as the Everyman husband and good buddy with a glint of mischief in those innocent blue eyes. Also wonderful as the WSJ reporter: the gorgeous Annabelle Wallis, who I just learned is the niece of one of my all-time favorite actors, Richard Harris. Recently there was a segment on "CBS Sunday Morning News" which showed the real guys. Look for a brief cameo from the marvelous Brian Dennehy! I enjoyed every minute and would recommend "Tag" as a fun date-night movie for both men and women. Expand
Jess_HillJun 17, 2018
An absolute joy, this had the audience on stitches from start to finish, and made for a thoroughly enjoyable experience. Tight pacing, a witty script, and stylised action made what seems like an absurd concept into a surprisingly heartwarmingAn absolute joy, this had the audience on stitches from start to finish, and made for a thoroughly enjoyable experience. Tight pacing, a witty script, and stylised action made what seems like an absurd concept into a surprisingly heartwarming comedy based on this true story. With performances that feel genuine, and a storyline that invites you along for the ride, this is a film well worth your time. 8.89/10 Expand
BrianMcCriticSep 1, 2018
A remarkable true story that works primarily because of the strong chemistry among the characters. There isn't a ton of laughs but the moments are sprinkled throughout. Overall a middle 7 a B+.
RalfbergsOct 13, 2018
Quite funny movie with many good actors in it. Found it quite interesting and it had a different premise than the usual movies, which was good too. Plus it was not all that predictable and is actually loosely based on a true story
DubeauAug 12, 2018
Tag was a fun movie. It's fun because the story put doubts in your mind about what is fake or not. And it's a nice story about old friendships. The actors are pretty good in it. It not amazing in terms of comedy or action. I give it 70%Tag was a fun movie. It's fun because the story put doubts in your mind about what is fake or not. And it's a nice story about old friendships. The actors are pretty good in it. It not amazing in terms of comedy or action. I give it 70% because it was light tone and didn't take itself seriously. Expand
All4myannsJul 1, 2018
All I can say is that I really enjoyed this movie. the only thing I didnt like was the wife was WAY over the top.
DufreshestJun 28, 2018
Tag Review: You're it.

Cinematography: 6.397/10 Tag has a good flow though has a few awkward-camera-dragging-still moments in the mall and forest scenes.  Costume Design: 7.347/10 There's nothing too out of the ordinary about anyone's
Tag Review: You're it.

Costume Design: 7.347/10 There's nothing too out of the ordinary about anyone's attire for each of their circumstances though attire is a reference point which progresses the story.

Film Editing: 7.129/10 The forest and mall scenes are important in bringing the audience closer to the extent of the developing relationships on display. Yet, moments in the scenes feel awkward - not in a disturbing way, but - more so in a visually-stubbing way.

Make-up and Hairstyling: 4.312/10 There's nothing too extravagant going on which is surprising since celebratory weddings tend to focus heavily on décor, fashion, location, organization, styling details, etc. Tag focuses heavily on the developing relationships on display between all participants of the game.

Sound Editing: 8.392/10 Tag has a lot of throwback songs set at the right moments that distract from the film in a good way though heightens my enjoyment of the film. Yes, I do open and use Shazam a few times during the film.

Visual Effects: - /10 Okay, I'm going with not applicable here.

Story: 7.821/10 The true story as the basis of the film Tag is interesting though in connection with the film is a bit confusing since there seems to be a much larger group of participants in reality. The film's story is jagged and tricky which seems to be intentional with the flow of the story especially towards the film's conclusion. I'm glad the film put light on the actual story and the importance of playing.

Acting: 7.332/10 Is it weird that a lot of these actors in scenes of anger, cunning, frustration, and malice are most provoking and ground the film well? Perhaps any playful atmosphere being taken over by extreme seriousness may experience an extreme grounding? The acting seems flitty due to the fact that each character has their own storyline developing - to a more minor or greater extent, in comparison- though all roads lead to ideas focusing most heavily on adulthood, friendship, and play - the styles of acting vary so much along the way - for better or for worse.
Personal: I really watch Tag because I remember being very lanky, skinny, and slow in elementary school. I began playing a lot of variations of tag and became one of the fastest in my class. It might not seem like a big deal to you but experiences during my youth contribute to my life in a myriad of ways.

Overall: 6.961/10

-K.D.

If you're into Poetry and other bits of creativity, check out my Instagram: @Dufreshest.
RichardFormaggiJul 13, 2018
This is a solid buddy-comedy-summer-feel-good-ish flick. Went into it expecting a few solid sequences and maybe a couple good laughs, but came out very pleasantly surprised. Most of the scenes are shot and executed hilariously, and combineThis is a solid buddy-comedy-summer-feel-good-ish flick. Went into it expecting a few solid sequences and maybe a couple good laughs, but came out very pleasantly surprised. Most of the scenes are shot and executed hilariously, and combine physical humour and funny lines as well. The characters are on the whole pretty likeable, and each one has their stand-out moments that make the audience laugh. The plot may be thin as hell, but you can overlook that if you just let yourself be taken along for the ride. The tone occasionally swings pretty drastically, but this is always brought back to the light-heartedness that a movie like this kind of demands. Overall very enjoyable, surprisingly funny, and quite sweet. Expand
MovieNightsDec 5, 2018
Funny and fun movie that makes us remember that we should never forget to keep playing even as adults. An odd main cast group and writing leads to some kind of weird and awkward moments which kind of holds this movie back a bit. I wouldFunny and fun movie that makes us remember that we should never forget to keep playing even as adults. An odd main cast group and writing leads to some kind of weird and awkward moments which kind of holds this movie back a bit. I would recommend this one. Some really funny moments and a generally overall fun movie that surprised me as it had surpassed my expectations. I also really enjoyed the ending credits too where they got actual footage of the real life guys that this movie was based on playing tag themselves, very cool. I also would really like to say, Hannibal Buress really needs to start doing more movies. Love the guy. Expand
bfoore90Apr 25, 2019
A good hearted comedy where stars like John Hamm and Jeremy Renner and Jake Johnson play an absurd but I guess true? game of tag.
enginMay 15, 2019
Surprisingly good. Don't take it seriously. This is an absurd comedy and full of fun. The movie achieves it's target.
CoKronakanJul 8, 2019
This movie was fun tot watch, had great humor, perfect writing and story development and great value of entertainment. Overall it is in my opinion an under appreciated movie. The acting was great with big fully professional cast. TheThis movie was fun tot watch, had great humor, perfect writing and story development and great value of entertainment. Overall it is in my opinion an under appreciated movie. The acting was great with big fully professional cast. The directing was great, and all the scenes had a reflection of the character's feelings, with amazingly shot scenes and good cinematography. The humor was sometimes dark, and never felt awkward or dragging. Great writing with a script that always had tension conflict and fun, and didn't have any pacing issue also due to the fact that it created great immersion.
At the core of the competitive spirit of the game lies a hearth warming message that was delivered in style paired with a great but sad conclusion. Overall it's a very good movie which is also based on true events.
Player2-WaterFeb 17, 2019
E-Value: 7
Acting: 7
Plot: 5 When we were young children, all of us have played a game of tag until we grow up and stopped playing. But that may not be the case for some people. This movie is based on a true story from a newspaper article
E-Value: 7
Acting: 7
Plot: 5

When we were young children, all of us have played a game of tag until we grow up and stopped playing. But that may not be the case for some people. This movie is based on a true story from a newspaper article from The Wall Street Journal published in 2013 about a group of grown up men playing a game of tag from the days of their childhood.

Hogan "Hoagie" Malloy (Helms), Bob Callahan, Randy "Chilli" Cilliano, Kevin Sable and Jerry Pierce (Renner) are best friends with each other and they have been playing a game of tag since they were nine years old. While Bob, who is now an insurance company CEO, is being interview for a story by The Wall Street Journal reporter, Rebecca Crosby (Wallis), Hoagie attempts to tag him but end up hilariously fail.

Hoagie explains to Bob that Jerry is retiring from playing tag because he is getting married. Since Jerry has never been tag before due to his strong athleticism and intelligence, he recruits Bob and the others for one last game of tag to finally tag him before Jerry’s wedding day. Their game of tag has pick up the interest of Rebecca which makes her decided to follow them and write an article about them.

Although the plot of the movie may not be that good but the movie does have some talented casts to make up for some good reasons to watch this movie. They definitely gave their best performance to make the movie worth to watch. Jeremy Renner is best part of the movie as he does know to act in a comedy movie. While watching, I actually pretend he was Hawkeye playing tag instead of getting involved in Avengers: Infinity War which also hilariously explained why he was not in that movie.

While this may not be the best comedy movie of the year, it is still very entertaining and funny movie to watch. It was so hilariously that I cannot stop laughing. To make the movie more enjoyable to watch, you should watch it with low expectations so that you won’t be fully disappointed in the end. If you looking for some good laugh, try out this movie.
clarkaddisonJan 30, 2019
This is not a plot driven movie. This is just a fun movie with a bunch of funny people doing funny ridiculous things. I cannot sing the praises of Isla and Hannibal enough. They had me in tears from laughing so much. Hawkeye does a great jobThis is not a plot driven movie. This is just a fun movie with a bunch of funny people doing funny ridiculous things. I cannot sing the praises of Isla and Hannibal enough. They had me in tears from laughing so much. Hawkeye does a great job as well along with Hamm and Helms. A great movie to watch with your buddies. Expand
nightstalker930Jul 6, 2019
I thought this movie was fantastic and gave me so many awesome feelings and brought up greate memories! Thanks everyone involved!