Samuel Goldwyn Films | Release Date: April 17, 2015
8.2
Universal acclaim based on 57 Ratings
Watch Now
Lawman51May 8, 2015
A really good movie about character. It develope4s at a leisurely pace but never lags or fails to interest. If you want an action picture, go elsewhere; but if you are in the mood for a thoughtful and touching movie this is for you.
Brent_MarchantMay 3, 2015
A taut, absorbing, suspenseful battle of wills drama set against the backdrop of a spiteful civil war in which the perspectives of the principals have become blinded by unwavering, unquestioning beliefs. While some aspects of the narrativeA taut, absorbing, suspenseful battle of wills drama set against the backdrop of a spiteful civil war in which the perspectives of the principals have become blinded by unwavering, unquestioning beliefs. While some aspects of the narrative are a bit predictable and a tad preachy, the film nevertheless delivers well in making its points known, An excellent ensemble cast and superb production values lend a distinct mood to a picture that should be required viewing for anyone wanting to do battle without thinking through the consequences. Expand
gracjanskiApr 1, 2020
good movie with an interesting setting and good development of the well written characters. But the pace was a bit slow. Of course the movie is left orientated and anti war.
ronoid777Jul 13, 2015
Well ploted and well acted, 'Tangerines' isn't a complex movie, it's melancholic but not melodramatic, it's a movie about how war become us idiots, it's a movie that make you reflect: Why must the people bleed in the nobody's wars?
saba_fadoJul 23, 2015
This is a brilliant movie from director Zaza Urushadze. I recommend it if you want to watch a good movie-in drama/war genre.
Film is about what happens during Abkhazia war and you can see the conflict between Georgian and Chechen soldiers.
There is also things about religion conflict too,so you should watch it
luka_lukaJul 23, 2015
this movie is amazing ! you should totally watch it.
it really has deep character development and shows you conflicts between two nations and religions.
NatiaSep 19, 2015
Amazing movie with amazing director and actors! It shows us how hard life becomes during any war and makes us think about how precious our motherland is. Highly recommended!
kathytreeceOct 17, 2015
Ebert gave this the highest rating - and I agree. Powerful movie about war, death, and friendship. Even though the movie was in Estonian, Russian, and Georgian, I couldn't stop watching it. Sad, but inspiring.
konstantin_weJan 16, 2016
A powerful conveyance of the absurdity of war, and a poignant conveyance of the fact that, despite ethnic differences, humanity should and will always prevail.