RLJE Films | Release Date: May 11, 2018
5.1
Mixed or average reviews based on 54 Ratings
Watch Now
temptershellMay 13, 2018
A new movie from Margot Robbie, unfortunately, did not live up to my unrealistic expectations. The climate of the neo noir and the dark atmosphere accompanying the whole intrigue, not only that it does not draw in its finale yet, is soA new movie from Margot Robbie, unfortunately, did not live up to my unrealistic expectations. The climate of the neo noir and the dark atmosphere accompanying the whole intrigue, not only that it does not draw in its finale yet, is so strange and senseless that the secret and the growing tension are somewhere to escape. It's mainly Robbie, although there are a few very characteristic actors in the film. Sad. Expand
EludiumQ36Jan 30, 2019
Terminal's strength is in its familiar elements: its dark, neon environment recalls "Blade Runner" and it plays like "Pulp Fiction". So if you like derivative films then you'll like, otherwise you'll criticize like most others here. The movieTerminal's strength is in its familiar elements: its dark, neon environment recalls "Blade Runner" and it plays like "Pulp Fiction". So if you like derivative films then you'll like, otherwise you'll criticize like most others here. The movie is unrated but I didn't see anything more than PG-13, and that's a further disappointment since Margot Robbie played a pole dancer at night and showed nothing, plus she's in short-order waitress wear most of the time, so further disappointment. The story itself is a double-cross revenger so no new ground broken there. Don't waste your "movie night" on this one, it's more one to play in the background while you're tablet-surfing or cleaning the living room. Expand
RalfbergsJul 17, 2018
The acting is great in this one, but the actual story, while it kinda contains twists and interesting plotlines is actually portrayed really boringly. I mean most of the movie is just some conversations and they kinda make the setting and theThe acting is great in this one, but the actual story, while it kinda contains twists and interesting plotlines is actually portrayed really boringly. I mean most of the movie is just some conversations and they kinda make the setting and the visualizations a bit interesting and at some parts I thought they will make it more as a horror movie,but turns out those parts are just randomly there. Also the ending is somehow quite predictable even though it shouldn't be. Basically the ending is the only interesting part, the rest is quite random and, while maybe it does not get completely boring, it just isn't that interesting. Expand
ryang1790Nov 27, 2019
Perhaps the cardinal sin being done here is that Terminal tries too hard to be like Tarantino. The film doesn't do much to make itself stand out amongst its peers, almost like its only reason to exist is to demonstrate some out-of-left-fieldPerhaps the cardinal sin being done here is that Terminal tries too hard to be like Tarantino. The film doesn't do much to make itself stand out amongst its peers, almost like its only reason to exist is to demonstrate some out-of-left-field plot twists that turn the movie on its head. Simon Pegg and Dexter Fletcher are the only real standouts, with Margot Robbie and Mike Myers phoning in uninspired performances. The only thing the film has going for it is a unique lighting setup that looks outright gorgeous at times. The oranges, blues, reds, and greens do well to complement the film's noir look, but that's the best that can be said. Expand
ViniciusBritoMay 12, 2018
Terminal is a pretty peculiar movie, much because of his old school visuals and different atmosphere, some aspects that you don't normally see in movies these days. With a clear Noir environment this movies does put you into thatTerminal is a pretty peculiar movie, much because of his old school visuals and different atmosphere, some aspects that you don't normally see in movies these days. With a clear Noir environment this movies does put you into that investigation climate, that doesn't give you everything at the beginning and kind let you lost during a considerable part of the movie, and they give you piece to piece to try find out what is going on.
The movie is about a revenge story. Two hit men, get into a mission commissioned by a mysterious person, and they meet Annie, wich have some to do with what is going on.
I loved the movie cinematography, it remembered me a lot of Blade Runner, but without the futuristic aspect, the whole neon colors that jumped into your face is much well done. Sometimes the movie talks to us with their color, putting in the face of the characters some light that represents something, or putting they dressing as a color that also is having some meaning in what is happening.
The acting was good for me, Margot Robbie is just amazing, she is interpreting with some over acting, some psycho lines and talking about death with a such natural and tormented way, the way she express and speaks worked a lot. Simon Pegg also did a good job, one of the best moments of the film is when his character and Margot character is taking a time to talk, talking madness. Mike Myers did an ok job, he didn't had much to do, but as an actor was very functional.
The story did had some flops, somethings that i couldn't get along, they just have some ideas that doesn't feel right, some coincidenses that i don't buy, it does have multiple plot twists, some of them are really predictables, some aren't, but none get you like "wooow" wich i consider a problem, considering that it happens some many times. The movie doesn't make us feel that there is a world happening around, it doesn't have people living, it really doesn't feel like that is real, that got me off the movie sometimes. The sotry does have 2 nucleos, that are a little connected but actually aren't, that felt a little awkward, but was ok. And doesn't happen much things during the movie, it feels like you could watch the begninning and jump to the end.
That is an ok movie to watch, you won't get any surprised while watching, but it is a ok story with nice interpretations.
JLuis_001May 23, 2018
I think the vast majority knows that when Jim Carrey wants to play dramatic roles, he knows how to do it well but what is the point when he gets scripts so **** up like this one?

I was hopeful because what I saw in the trailers caught my

I was hopeful because what I saw in the trailers caught my attention but really this film is a very bitter disappointment.