Netflix | Release Date (Streaming): November 25, 2020
4.8
Mixed or average reviews based on 25 Ratings
Watch Now
PugBeastNov 28, 2020
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is a absolutely terrible follow up to such a great movie, first of they replaced the older brother I can think of at least ten different plots or places of character development he could have gone threw but they cut his character and made the little girl from the first movie completely replace him. The new kid who is supposed to be the cute little child can’t act for the life of him and yes I do understand he’s a kid but acting is a carrier there are many brilliant child actors out there he isn’t one of them. The elves are just not funny anymore in the first movie we saw the elves to be reckless, strong, and over all cute in this movie they feel like cookie cutter workers until they get drugged and start destroying everything for no reason. Animal cruelty is a very serious issue in current day society this movie promotes it, they have a cat character who “attacks” a reindeer (even though the reindeer looks in no way hurt he is literally just laying down) and then the little boy blows him up with a BOMB and Santa swings him by his tail and throws him into a mountain and I get it’s supposed to be like “haha evil cat gets beat up” but no lots of kids are exposed to cats and look up to Santa if they see him doing that they won’t hesitate to reenact it. Mrs. Claus in this movie is just overly sexual I have nothing against the actor but being honest I felt like I was watching I love lucy she is she. I hate this movie and think it’s over all a waste of time to watch if you have children don’t expose them to it. Expand
SRHelicityNov 28, 2020
The first movie was mostly magic laid atop a "real life" storyline. It was silly and obviously fictitious, but it was relatable. This second one is fantasy with no attempt at realism. It just didn't click and wasn't enjoyable for me or my family.
AlexFire1986Nov 29, 2020
The forced attempt at being politically correct in every modern movie, including this one is lame. The sequel lacked the originality of the first part, and the story is very shallow but it checks all the politically correct boxes:
-Black lead
-Black lead caracter with the whitest name(Jack)
-the reindeer are all female, although only male reindeer have antlers
OverpaidDec 6, 2020
The first Christmas Chronicles was an unexpected heart warming classic. The sequel is a leaden, incoherent by-the-numbers mess.