Summit Entertainment | Release Date: March 18, 2016
4.3
Mixed or average reviews based on 280 Ratings
Watch Now
CoreGamer1408May 24, 2019
Ok some of the story development seemed somewhat to convenient and contrived. Things seem to fall into the characters laps to easy. They really stepped up the sci-fi aspect to it all which was kind of cool. I like the extra world buildingOk some of the story development seemed somewhat to convenient and contrived. Things seem to fall into the characters laps to easy. They really stepped up the sci-fi aspect to it all which was kind of cool. I like the extra world building elements. With the sense the curtain was being drawn back for our heroes to see more of the secrets of this world. The BF dude has some really fun action scenes. The main lead performance seemed so wooden and phoned in. I don't remember her being this bad in the previous two films. Yeah the film was ok and I was mostly entertained, but I wasn't at any time on the edge of my seat. Expand
RobBob99Mar 18, 2016
While it still contains multiple WTF moments, bland characterization and boring action sequences from it's procedure, Allegiant is admittingly a slight improvement from Insurgent. However it still continues the downfall of an overall hollowWhile it still contains multiple WTF moments, bland characterization and boring action sequences from it's procedure, Allegiant is admittingly a slight improvement from Insurgent. However it still continues the downfall of an overall hollow franchise. Expand
TVJerryMar 22, 2016
This is titled after the third/final Divergent book, but they've announced a forth movie. Good thing, because (like every other YA series) this is just the set-up for the finale in the 4th. Tris (Shailene Woodley) and Four (Theo James) gatherThis is titled after the third/final Divergent book, but they've announced a forth movie. Good thing, because (like every other YA series) this is just the set-up for the finale in the 4th. Tris (Shailene Woodley) and Four (Theo James) gather a few friends and go beyond the Chicago wall. This leads to the inevitable surprises, lots of dialogue and an insipid romance. Some of the sci-fi elements are cool, but this is more a drama than an adventure. Sure, there are some action sequences, but none of them are special. If you're following the novels, you'll probably want to see how this one plays out. Other than some interesting visuals, there's not much to offer the average walk-in. Expand
PipeCMar 18, 2016
This saga definitely goes from worse to worse.

This saga definitely goes from worse to worse.

"Insurgent" was witnessed the truth revealed in the dystopian city of Chicago, now "Allegiant" is divided into two parts (thanks) and this time we will finally discover who is beyond the wall, excited? Sorry but the discouragement will come very soon. After an intriguing and almost perfect start (first 10 minutes) emotion descends to an abysmal speed.

"Allegiant" is the adaptation of the third and last part (except for "Four: A Story Collection") best-seller preferred by young people and adults written by the novelist Veronica Roth. The thrill of another big franchise of juvenile literature (The Hunger Games) has already disappeared, so it's time that other successful saga filled that void. Many secrets are revealed but not in the way in which the reading audience and film wanted.

Tris (Shailene Woodley), Four (Theo James) and his friends (Miles Teller, Zoe Kravitz, etc) decide to discover that there are outside and after some shooting, a stupid death and nothing more, they succeed, It's... They run and find a road, after a chase and a beautiful strange rain arrive at your new home (Wink). The film can not move satisfactorily and its stagnation is inevitable, forgetting its future promising and intriguing.

As usual in the previous films, its main dramatic core is the revelation of a truth or a death, this time open the scene of red Earth with a cinematically so poor and so unnecessary death that showed fatigue and exhaustion of the director for not making more adaptations and disappoint and anger the entire audience, all.

After this fatal and horrible error, we see how is the abroad. I think that this is time where "Summit Entertainment" and "Lionsgate" already have reaped profit and enough money to provide us a few sequels with visual quality, unfortunately the outside seemed to be a prospect of "Jupiter Ascending" with futuristic touches, it was funny see the changing of the atmosphere of Chicago (it was quite realistic) of the abroad with radiation. Sci-fi films have a lot of work in the visual part since if they do not give credulity and eloquence with its environments the story drops off precipitously,

One of the main attractives that had juvenile hearings for the saga was its exciting sequences of action by Tris and Four, this installment did not have nothing action, tasked raise all narrative history aside from that emotion and war that we were used. It is harassing and annoying the harmless and silly conflict internal in Chicago, after the departure of Tris and Four, sorry but I hear laughs as the film progressed.

Analogically, "Allegiant" is like a famous reality American show which airs weekly, but this reality show already this very exhausted and burned so they decide to get to the end, all the chips arealready in place, so spectators until next week to learn the fate of the dystopian world. It could maybe happen as "Mockingjay Part One and Two" where the first disappointed and worried fans but the second recovered what was lost and closed the franchise in the best way, we dream, is the only thing we can do.

This doesn't feel like Tris, this doesn't feel like "Divergent", I think that it's necessary completion of the saga (Ascendant), more pain there can be no. Suddenly this strategy of divide it into two installments was a dirty move of the study to only make more money before the end. It was the decision of the director ( Robert Schwentke) to reject the last part since the job done just right and enough, a frightening close we don't want, we want something that is worthwhile. All these unknowns will be solved in June 2017 with "Ascendant" end. Only is expected a good outcome for our reality show because not only Chicago is destroying itself, the same movie is doing it.
WheelzFourReelzMar 29, 2016
Although I didn't hate it as much as Insurgent, Allegiant is still a boring, sloppy film with an overly convoluted story and characters not worth caring about. I was never a fan of this franchise, and this film offers nothing to change my mind.
jlittle1404Apr 10, 2016
No it wasn't the best movie in the franchise but I don't think it was terrible. It made me feel as if the past two movies were for nothing. Slow at times, some action but not as exciting as in the earlier movies. Everyone made the sameNo it wasn't the best movie in the franchise but I don't think it was terrible. It made me feel as if the past two movies were for nothing. Slow at times, some action but not as exciting as in the earlier movies. Everyone made the same mistakes it felt like. I think the movie could have been great but was told the wrong way. Expand
knowonesbeansApr 1, 2016
Too much talking ... I think this basically a transition movie for the last one. But the story is so true about human being. There is always something that we may not agree to no matter where we go.
lukechristianscMar 25, 2016
This franchise was useless, Insurgent the sequel to Divergent in 2015 was although interesting but the cast didn't try enough. I thought it could be enjoy able, then when the film begins it's a snooze. Allegiant is one of the most boringThis franchise was useless, Insurgent the sequel to Divergent in 2015 was although interesting but the cast didn't try enough. I thought it could be enjoy able, then when the film begins it's a snooze. Allegiant is one of the most boring films of the year, it's interesting and the performances are okay this movie offers nothing except a snooze. It's the most impressive film in the series but at times it's a sci-fi snooze, but it's entertaining as hell. Tris (Shailene Woodley) escapes with Four (Theo James) to journey beyond the wall that encloses Chicago. For the first time they leave the only city and family that they ever known to find a peaceful solution. Once outside, they learn shocking new truths that render old discoveries meaningless. As the battle threatens humanity, Tris and Four quickly decide who trust to survive. 3/5 stars Expand
Tss5078Apr 7, 2016
If you've never read a book in the Divergent series, you may have actually liked this film, but as someone who read the series, and thought that Allegiant was the best book of that series, I am disgusted by what Hollywood turned in into.If you've never read a book in the Divergent series, you may have actually liked this film, but as someone who read the series, and thought that Allegiant was the best book of that series, I am disgusted by what Hollywood turned in into. Entire storylines and major themes are just ripped out of the story, not to mention character mysteriously vanished without explanation, and where did all this technology come from? The bureau is supposed to be this weakly funded entity, not the premier power in the outside world, the whole thing just made me sick. After the first ten minutes, the film greatly diverges from the book, in a way that is incomprehensible to those who read it. The story, which is the final book but not the final film, takes place as people are racing to leave the city and are stopped by the factionless. Tris (Shailene Woodley) and her group knows that they must find out what is on the other side of the wall and launch a daring escape, which was far more difficult than portrayed in film. When they get outside the wall, the group finds out what the world is like outside of Chicago, and it's like nothing they could have ever imagined, and it's nothing like Veronica Roth described it in the book. I understand that Hollywood needs to fit entire novels into two hour films and inevitably somethings just won't make the cut, but what's missing here are major chunks of the story. Maybe they are saving it for Ascendant, which is due out a year from now, but even then they would be so out of order, that the film series just wouldn't make any sense. If you're a fan of the series, you really need to read the books. Allegiant might be one of the best stories you've ever read and when you see what Hollywood did to it, you'll be as pissed off as I am. Expand
TheQuietGamerJul 22, 2016
Just like previous entries in the Divergent series, you'll be watching a bunch of pretty sci-fi stuff happening onscreen. This movie actually ups that element quite a bit, making it the best looking Divergent movie yet. However poor plottingJust like previous entries in the Divergent series, you'll be watching a bunch of pretty sci-fi stuff happening onscreen. This movie actually ups that element quite a bit, making it the best looking Divergent movie yet. However poor plotting and generic vibes make it the weakest entry thus far.

There really isn't anything to set it apart from any of the other YA novel movies. It's characters are generic stereotypes of the genre and their conflict hits all of the same beats. Even in the action department is fails to capture the excitement, stakes, and surprising brutality of it's older sibling the Hunger Games series, let alone it's emotional connectivity where the plot is concerned. I appreciate the message of celebrating diversity and having everyone look past their differences and come together as one (which in case you didn't pick up early on in the series, it outright spells it out for you here), I just wish there was more substance backing it up.

That's been the issue with each movie so far. Well, that and the fact that they all have just felt like setups to the real conflict of the series. "Allegiant" just amplifies all of those issues. Literally nothing of consequence happens here. All the movie does is throw back the curtain to reveal the series big villain and tell us we have to wait until next time to see him get what he deserves. However Allegiant's biggest issue is that it leaves us questioning whether or not this dude is a villain.

By the time the credits rolled I witnessed Jeff Daniels play what could be the most poorly fleshed out villain in cinematic history. For the life of me I cannot figure out this guy's motives. I have no idea what the heck he is doing or why and that's because the movie doesn't tell me. Seriously, it gives him no goal. Maybe people who have read the book get it. As far as those of us who have just watched these movies, prepared to be lost. As far as we know this guy is just doing this stuff for absolutely no reason. What stuff is he doing? I'm not 100% clear on that either. He and our main character seem to be fighting just because.

It's eye candy and nothing more. A lot of pleasant looking sci-fi special effects creating a very hollow and poorly explained world. If you enjoyed the previous movies you'll likely enjoy this. It's not like you stuck around for the plot anyway. I appreciate the themes, the visuals, and Miles Teller for bringing a sense of humor to the thing. I don't appreciate the senseless plot, meh action scenes, and straight up boring nature of it. I can say that the first two Divergent movies did at least try to be more than cash-ins on the Hunger Games craze. At least the first one did. That isn't the case here. It's got some minor thrills, but it's the worst Divergent yet and I don't see how they are going to do any better with the next one.

4.5/10
LeZeeJul 14, 2016
Realising what's left behind was the home.

Realising what's left behind was the home.

Here comes the most expected adventure in the 'Divergent' series. I always wondered what lies outside the wall. So this sequel takes us to the new land where a fresh development takes place. A few old characters were terminated in order to introduce a bunch of new ones. As a theme, it just looked like 'The Scorch Trial', but of course totally a different setting.

The director was retained from the previous installment and I think he did a good job. The concept was too familiar. 'Scorch Trial', 'Catching Fire', 'Aeon Flux', all these films are just like this one. Thankfully, this story was decent. At least better than the previous and weaker than the first. The pace drastically held back due to the split of a book into two films. It has been done in the old days, but the present trend began after 'Deathly Hallows'.

I was excited to know how big stretch it is going to be as a story wise. Because it looked like the things they've accomplished in one place and looking to explore beyond the boundary. I couldn't predict the story, but I knew what's going to happen in the end of every scene. The dystopian theme was clichéd, not the storyline. The way it ended is a sign for a big finale to commence in the final film of the series. Let's hope for 'Ascendant' to end on a high note.

RalfbergsJan 29, 2017
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This started quite exciting - they finally decided to go beyond the wall and the first part of the movie seemed pretty good and interesting. Afterwards though, it was almost the same as the previous movies without nothing much added to it - Peter betrayed them once again, also it was quite boring how Tris travelled around with David and only in the end understood that he is a bad guy. I mean they prolonged it so much and made Tris so dumb in those moments, like she couldn't see clearly that he doesn't have intentions which would match what Tris wants, just because he told her that he saved her mother etc. Anyway, also the ending was just almost the same as a mix of 1st and 2nd part's ending - they save everyone and decide to fight against someone. Also it really reminded Maze Runner franchise - they are trying to find a cure against something but doing it in a bad way, and also there is an experiment on some isolated place. Expand
smiyamotJul 14, 2016
One of the problems with these serial movies is that I saw the first 2 so long ago. Maybe if I saw them all at once, the movie would make more sense and I'd give it a higher score. The other problem is there are so many serial movies I'mOne of the problems with these serial movies is that I saw the first 2 so long ago. Maybe if I saw them all at once, the movie would make more sense and I'd give it a higher score. The other problem is there are so many serial movies I'm getting the plots mixed up. "Hunger Games" of course, "The Maze", is there more? As a stand alone movie, what exactly was the plot? Was it a commentary on the French Revolution? or "1984"? or global warming? Expand
Muskrat147Jul 11, 2016
A disappointing ending to a series gone on way too long, Allegiant will only mildly impress hardcore fans of the books and fans of lead actress Shailene Woodley.
DominArsenDec 8, 2018
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Divergente 3
Je n'attendais rien de ce film !!! Et bien j'ai été encore plus surpris que ça ...
Des effets bien pensés dans l'ensemble. Jonché de 2 petites scènes d'actions avec "4" bien chorégraphiées
Un scénario qui au début fait penser que ça va être différent des deux premiers ....

Mais NON en faite ... Ce film est un bon moment certe, mais il ne faut pas creuser. Pourquoi ?
Incohérence trop nombreuses !!

Ce film comporte 3 types de méchant : [spoiler] -Un Mec badasse avec une cicatrice. [/spoiler] Je me suis dit "supercool" on retrouve un peut le méchant[spoiler] comme dans le 1. [/spoiler] [spoiler] Et puis est venu le moment ou il se fait bombarder sans pression MDR. [/spoiler] -[spoiler] Puis le rien. [/spoiler] C'est un méchant impressionnant[spoiler] puisque une partit du film ne sert à rien. [/spoiler] Disons que 15 minutes de moins aurait été mieux vu que le discours se répète.
[spoiler] -Un bureaucrate qui à des objectifs qui ne possède aucun tenant ni aboutissant. [/spoiler] Dans l'équation je dirais que c'est égal à 0 soit aucun objectif. COMMENT ON FAIT UN MÉCHANT [spoiler] QUI NE VEUT PAS TUER, MAIS TOUT RECOMMENCER SURTOUT SI L’EXPÉRIENCE A DONNÉ SATISFACTION ??? (je me le demande...encore)....... (les points c'est que je réfléchi) [/spoiler] Pour simplifier:
Divergente 1= Découverte des classes
Divergente 2= Abolition des classes
Divergente 3= Découverte des Villes
[spoiler] Divergente 4= Abolition des Villes
Divergente 5= Découverte des Pays
Divergente 6= Abolition des Pays
Divergente 7= Découverte des Mondes
Divergente 8= Abolition des Mondes NN je ne spolie pas... mais je peux continuer avec Univers, Galaxie aussi [/spoiler] Au fait au ciné c'est nommé ALLEGEANTE SERTIE (dans "END TITLE") donc à l'année prochaine.

Parlons maintenant des incohérences à l'image je ne vais citer que les pires: [spoiler] -une personne ce fait éliminer devant une foule d'une balle dans la tête. = Aucune éclaboussure, pas de sang, la balle n'a pas traversé = balle en plastique ou arme de poing défaillante = arme de poing en plastique = mec pas mort = LEADER en mousse (méthode AMDEC ou 5 pourquoi LOL) -A un moment ils s'échappent une sortit est surveillé par 6 gardes, mais derrière une autre n'est pas surveillé ... ils sont 6 garde donc 3 à une entré et 3 à l'autre ... mais nn donc ceux qui s'échappe en toute logique vont la ou il n'y a personne.
Quand le chef demande par ou ils sont échappé un des gars répond par la ... MAIS COMMENT IL PEUT AVOIR VU PAR OU ILS SE SONT ÉCHAPPÉS. ALORS QU'ILS SE SONT ÉCHAPPÉ PAR UNE ENTRE/SORTIT NON SURVEILLER !!!
-Les échapper croise des inconnus, il les mettent en capsule puis les attaches autour d'un vaisseaux ;) OUI et les soldats pourquoi vous ne le faite pas aussi... Petit spectateur c'est pour t’impressionner donc moi en tant que réalisateur j'oubli d’être cohérent.
-Pendant que le chef les recherches, il continue à s'échapper. Le chef met 10 secondes pour allé à la porte principale alors que ceux qui s'échappe et qui sont en voiture on a l'impression qui roule moins vite qu'un mec à pied .... car il arrive à l'entré en même temps que le chef (Nn mais quelle blague)
-La cité extérieure capture des enfants, mais pour quelle raison ? Il ne possède que peux de nourriture ou type de métier, mais il recrute des enfants... pourquoi ? -Le directeur amène la pure dans une mega ville ... juste pour avoir du fric ??? Mais pourquoi il n'a pas tout ce qu'il veut;)
-À la fin un produit ce propage partout même dans le QG, mais a la fin quand tout s'arrête des gents dans un grand bâtiment sorte "Ah enfin c'est fini" = a bon, car dans le QG le produit se propage, mais pas dans le grand bâtiment .... -Le produit est propagé les gens le respire, mais ils ne font que tousser pourquoi ils ne perdent pas la mémoire comme tous les autres -la mère c'est fait tiré dessus elle a terre comme le produit pourquoi à la fin elle tient debout est que sa mémoire est intacte il y en a d'autre je les marquerai au fur et a mesure que met souvenir surgirons [/spoiler] Pour finir -Musique: meilleur que le 2 toujours moins bon que le 1 -Son: C'est sympathique maintenant on est dans un film de science-fiction sa colle quand même mieux ...
-Acteur: Quatre joue extrêmement bien pourquoi il ne fait pas le transporteur ???
-Pas de 3D, Dolby ATMOS (PAS de DOLBY ATMOS À ROCHEFORT)
MonkiReviewsMay 27, 2017
The ending wasn't great, and I still don't fully understand it. It is back to bad acting and a poor plot. It is sad to see it fall back after the sequel was good.
JoanPanolaJun 9, 2017
With Divergent and Insurgent we discover a original history and a wonderful world,but with this movie all fail, all the fans can watch this,but to all the people is so difficult to see the green screen all the movie.
DiptanshuMay 3, 2020
Felt Unnecessary and over the top,Too predictable.Music was amazing so does soundtracks,good acting,visuals were great,screenplay was good entertaining,story was okay felt pointless as per franchise it was way too weak.some scenes were goodFelt Unnecessary and over the top,Too predictable.Music was amazing so does soundtracks,good acting,visuals were great,screenplay was good entertaining,story was okay felt pointless as per franchise it was way too weak.some scenes were good like fights,escape from chicago .whole starting intro the whole new world to explore was refreshing then slowly everything was predictable the war within them was literally joke and the whole mid half went just drama then climax it was happening too fast didn't felt anything although miles character was good and unpredictable.Overall unnecessary but entertaining movie! Expand