Universal Pictures | Release Date: February 28, 2020
6.9
Generally favorable reviews based on 241 Ratings
Watch Now
Shajac19Mar 23, 2020
An absolutely incredible horror movie. Elizabeth Moss is a fantastic lead and is truly outstanding in her portrayal of a woman slowly driven mad. Leigh Whannell kept me on the edge of my seat in terror and suspense until the end.
MovieRiffingMar 22, 2020
The Invisible Man successfully reworks one of Universal's classic horror movies into a modern tale of mental abuse and manipulative relationships. Long shots down hallways and extended shots on empty space build tension and a sense ofThe Invisible Man successfully reworks one of Universal's classic horror movies into a modern tale of mental abuse and manipulative relationships. Long shots down hallways and extended shots on empty space build tension and a sense of voyeurism due to the innate nature of the beast. The film's climax temporarily loses the sense of paranoia it so carefully crafted, but it manages to recover to a large degree afterwards. The Invisible Man is a must-see film for any fan of the psychological thriller/horror genre. Expand
dgriffithsMar 23, 2020
One of the best movies I've seen in a while. Ending was predictable, but overall a great movie.
lovedog7Mar 12, 2020
Not my genre really but this is a well-made film through and through. E. Moss gives her usual grounded performance which keeps you in even with some of the wilder plot points (as well as the occasional swerve into slasher-material). Loved theNot my genre really but this is a well-made film through and through. E. Moss gives her usual grounded performance which keeps you in even with some of the wilder plot points (as well as the occasional swerve into slasher-material). Loved the director's previous film UPGRADE which hold up really well. Expand
imconorirlMar 28, 2020
Pretty great movie that I was looking forward to seeing. It keeps a tense atmosphere throughout and definitely had some moments that I didn't expect. The story and characters weren't amazing, but the premise and atmosphere carry them for thePretty great movie that I was looking forward to seeing. It keeps a tense atmosphere throughout and definitely had some moments that I didn't expect. The story and characters weren't amazing, but the premise and atmosphere carry them for the duration of the film. Expand
AntoniocpoMar 23, 2020
A brilliant update. Great atmosphere construction, I was tense most of the film. The scenes that suggest a presence (even if we are not seeing it) are sensational.
KeithDowFeb 28, 2020
Leigh Whannell’s ‘The Invisible Man’ is about as sharp and ingenious of a reinvention of an old film brand as has been made in Hollywood in recent memory.

The story is wonderfully infused with H.G. Wells’ 1897 novel and James Whale’s 1933 adaptation while also incorporating all kinds of modern fears about technology, surveillance, and the seeming omniscience of a truly motivated stalker.

The film is powered by yet another harrowing performance from Elisabeth Moss, who uses so much physicality in her emotion that everything that unfolds on screen is hauntingly persuasive.

Whannell became a known entity in Hollywood as the co-writer and co-creator of the Saw franchise.  To say he knows a thing or two about torturing people onscreen—and making those at the theater squirm in their seats—is an understatement.  Perhaps now he’s found his new muse in Moss, as these two together are the stuff that horror-thriller dreams are made of.
lenny68Feb 28, 2020
Elizabeth Moss gives a fantastic performance though her character does make some questionable decisions which require suspension of disbelief. Having said that The Invisible Man is a great little psychological Horror/thriller and well worth aElizabeth Moss gives a fantastic performance though her character does make some questionable decisions which require suspension of disbelief. Having said that The Invisible Man is a great little psychological Horror/thriller and well worth a trip to the cinema. Expand
johnmath95Feb 28, 2020
"The Invisible Man" is the most tense I've been during a movie in the theater since A Quiet Place. Featuring one of the scariest movie villains in a while and a terrific Elisabeth Moss performance, this is a thriller you need to see.
Davrosdaleks1Feb 28, 2020
In this new version of The Invisible Man, Cecilia Kass (Handmaid's Tale's Elisabeth Moss), has escaped her abusive, controlling boyfriend (Haunting of Hill House's Oliver-Jackson Cohen). He's been declared dead, but she finds herself menacedIn this new version of The Invisible Man, Cecilia Kass (Handmaid's Tale's Elisabeth Moss), has escaped her abusive, controlling boyfriend (Haunting of Hill House's Oliver-Jackson Cohen). He's been declared dead, but she finds herself menaced by this unseen force. This was a decent film.

Though there is violence, this is one of those films that relies on more on suspense, and it's done really, really well. Rather than kill Cecilia, the invisible man is trying to ruin her life. He's subtle at first and there is a lot of tension wondering if he's in the room or not and what he's going to do next. And when stuff happens, it can be pretty startling at times.

The movie looks great. Director Leigh Whannell (Upgrade, Insidious 3) continuous his style: a starkly lit look. There are a lot of nice wide shots and pans to give the impression that Cecilia is being watched. (However, I thought that the opening scene was a little too darkly lit.)

Moss, whose character is the biggest part of the film, does an excellent job portraying a woman going through trauma but is also wily when threatened.

This isn't a perfect movie, though. Running at two hours and four minutes this didn't have to be that long. There are too many scenes of Cecilia being freaked out or people not believing her. The antagonist's plan didn't have to be that complicated. (Though it does mostly make sense in the long run. I've seen other movies with this level of intricacy that couldn't pull it off.) Also, there are several lines of dialogue and decisions that don't feel natural.

Overall, I don't think you need to see this immediately, but if you like suspense then this if for you.
ZaneFFeb 28, 2020
Leigh Whannell crafts a visceral thriller with a new updated take on the classic story.
WHANNELL has been in my opinion one of the most underrated director /writers for a long time. He was mostly behind the insidious and saw franchises And came out with the spectacular futuristic thriller upgrade in 2018. His brilliant style is once again back with full force in this new adaptation of the invisible man. many people will just look at this like another Blum house manufactured film at first but realize that just because it has the production name on it doesn't mean it will be another throwaway film. This film much like upgrade thrives with a crisp smart script and fantastic visuals. Whannell has a keen eye for detail and it shows in bunches in this film. Elizabeth Moss also gives a phenomenally dedicated performance And sheds emotion throughout. There are many moments in this vicious film that you will not see coming and I was actually surprised by the amount of brutality which serves the overall story well. This is a new take on a classic universal monster that you will not want to miss and it's definitely worthy of going to see in the theater unlike many films of late.
joeyabukiFeb 28, 2020
I liked the movie a lot. At the beginning it is a thriller of suspense that catches you from the beginning: Gender violence, psychological abuse, drama, tension and manipulation by a gifted psychopath. The film is raised by the magnificentI liked the movie a lot. At the beginning it is a thriller of suspense that catches you from the beginning: Gender violence, psychological abuse, drama, tension and manipulation by a gifted psychopath. The film is raised by the magnificent performance of Elisabeth Moss. In the middle it falls and becomes the typical Friday the 13th or Halloween horror movie. But that last turn when they are having dinner for me is great. In the end I am left with the doubt of whether it was him or not, maybe he was telling the truth but she was never going to be able to live with that uncertainty and with the hell he made her go through. Expand
LeisureFeatureFeb 28, 2020
An Invisible Man entry fit for the 2020's. Elizabeth Moss is a powerhouse and the score/cinematography keeps up. There are a few suspense/horror cliches and predicable turns but overall this anxiety-inducing journey pays off nicely. 87/100An Invisible Man entry fit for the 2020's. Elizabeth Moss is a powerhouse and the score/cinematography keeps up. There are a few suspense/horror cliches and predicable turns but overall this anxiety-inducing journey pays off nicely. 87/100 LeisureFeature.com Expand
marco34laFeb 29, 2020
This is a solid psychological thriller. It captures you right from the start and delivers throughout. Thoroughly enjoyed. Moss is great actress in this, giving it real credibility. It's the first good movie I've seen this year.
EliascMar 1, 2020
A compelling and well acteds sci-fi thriller (unfortunately described by some as a 'horror' film), 'The Invisible Man' is a very good re-imagining of the 'Invisible Man' films and books that came before. Although there are a fewA compelling and well acteds sci-fi thriller (unfortunately described by some as a 'horror' film), 'The Invisible Man' is a very good re-imagining of the 'Invisible Man' films and books that came before. Although there are a few inconsistencies in character behaviors, they are not plot killers and the cast are all excellent, especially Elizabeth Moss. Expand
drlowdonMar 14, 2020
When her abusive husband commits suicide Cecelia (Moss) has hopes of finally moving on with her life, but thing’s aren’t going to be that simple…

Anchored by an exceptional performance from former Mad Men star Elizabeth Moss, this latest re-imagining of the Invisible Man story is a tense and atmospheric thriller that builds to a satisfying conclusion. Well worth a watch.
eagleeyevikingMar 23, 2020
"The Invisible Man" creeps into 2020 with a pervasive sense of dread, terrific acting and cinematography, and a plot that both honours the source material while delivering a powerful allegory of abuse in relationships and the #MeToo movement.
EpicSurvivorMar 23, 2020
Pretty solid movie. Has a lot of plot holes but they tie up together pretty well. Highly recommend it. Great Thriller movie. Really enjoyed it. Was honestly surprised how good it was. A must watch! Solid 8/10 from me.
GrachechkovskiMar 10, 2020
A very interesting movie with a little predictable plot, great camera's work, fabulous actor's play and horror atmosphere. I like the 1 part of this, because it is a real smart horror without screamers, but I am indifferent to 2 part of this,A very interesting movie with a little predictable plot, great camera's work, fabulous actor's play and horror atmosphere. I like the 1 part of this, because it is a real smart horror without screamers, but I am indifferent to 2 part of this, because it looks like action film, not horror Expand
ThwompthingFeb 29, 2020
It was a good movie, nothing more, nothing less. Had a couple jump scares just due to long drawn out silent parts becoming loud, like when she just kicked a dog food tray across the kitchen; things like that. But it definitely lackedIt was a good movie, nothing more, nothing less. Had a couple jump scares just due to long drawn out silent parts becoming loud, like when she just kicked a dog food tray across the kitchen; things like that. But it definitely lacked scares. It's more of a thriller/mystery in the second act. And my complaint with this film is that it is SOOOOO boring and uneventful for the first hour or so. After that it picks up pretty quickly and turns into a psychological nightmare for the lead actress. There are a couple WTF! moments like the restaurant scene with her and her sister, but sadly there isn't a whole lot that got me excited, until the end. One time watch only. Expand
Rcavey92212Feb 28, 2020
I have to admit my expectations were a bit on the high side walking into this one. Although normally I try to keep them in check because so many movies are utterly disappointing. Well I'm happy to say this film completely blew me away. LeighI have to admit my expectations were a bit on the high side walking into this one. Although normally I try to keep them in check because so many movies are utterly disappointing. Well I'm happy to say this film completely blew me away. Leigh Whanell has created his masterpiece. A superb update inspired by the invisible man but something completely new altogether. The brilliant Elizabeth Moss stars as Cecelia a damaged woman in an abusive, controlling marriage. As we begin the film she escapes and soon after finds that her ex has committed suicide. Following that she discovers that she will inherit five million dollars as long as she doesn't commit any crimes or is ruled mentally incompetent. All of that is a red herring for what's to come. Soon after she comes to realize that her new found freedom is an illusion and that her sociopathic ex is stalking her but is invisible. I don't want to get into the details because I refuse to spoil this for anyone but wow. From the opening moments Whannel concocts a mounting feeling of chest tightening dread and keeps it uncomfortably fluid throughout. The small moments of laughter and a feeling of freedom are only to distract you from what's coming. And trust me it's worth the wait. The film unfolds unexpectedly is utterly driven by Moss's vulnerable yet resilient performance. She's so smart and driven it's easy to root for her and to relate to her seemingly hopeless plight. The film succeeds in establishing Adrian as an utter monster. And the invisibility is a device that works so well because had he been given a steady face and performance, it would have humanized him. And it's all the more effective that it didn't. Despite being a reimagining this is a really new film. It feels fresh in every aspect and even though you might think you know what's going to happen the utter brilliance in which it's executed is utterly astounding. Expand
tropicAcesFeb 28, 2020
Clever, creepy and fun. Between this and “Upgrade,” I can’t wait to see what Leigh Whannell does next. He and Jordan Peele are saving horror...
SoulWarfareMar 1, 2020
The Invisible Man is another movie that is based of the acclaimed novel by H.G. Wells. Fun Fact: this was originally going to be the second movie in the cinematic universe "Dark Universe" with Johnny Depp playing the titled character.The Invisible Man is another movie that is based of the acclaimed novel by H.G. Wells. Fun Fact: this was originally going to be the second movie in the cinematic universe "Dark Universe" with Johnny Depp playing the titled character. However, the flop of the Mummy seems to have made Universal focus on standalone Universal monster movies. This new strategy seems to be the right move as The Invisible Man is an absolute thrill of a movie. The general summary of this movie is that Cecilia (Elisabeth Moss) who has escaped an abusive relationship from her ex Adrian (Oliver Jackson-Cohen) only for weeks later to find out he committed suicide. However, she suspects his death was a hoax and that she is being hunted by someone nobody can see.

The biggest praise of this movie has got to be Elisabeth Moss performance.She gives an authentic performance of a character who has been in an abusive relationship.She makes the emotional stakes feel high and her agony feel genuine. However, she is also able to give a ferocity in her performance when her character decides to fight. She does an incredible job in carrying this movie. The score by Benjamin Wallfisch is also incredibly unsettling and intense when it needs to be. It manages to perfectly elevate the scene in every way and really make the audience invested what they are watching. I also have to praise their unique use of camera shots. The director Leigh Whannell uses a lot of wide shots and panning to make it really feel like there is someone else in the room watching our character Cecilia. The story is also really engaging and is a really smart narrative on woman who have been abused or manipulated. The movie has great scares and great suspenseful moments that are not just relying on jump scares(but there are some) and it is just a breath of fresh air for a horror movie.

This isn't the director's fault but the trailers kind of ruin a fair amount of the surprise sadly. I highly recommend people don't watch the trailer for this movie cause it will lessen the experience. My biggest issue with this movie is just the amount of plot holes that really make me question things. I will avoid spoiler territory. The first thing I have to question is the lack of cameras? There are security cameras in this world and this movie emphasises cameras but when there is a scene that 100% would have security cameras in the real world, the movie decides it doesn't exist anymore. Also I have to question how a certain character is able to get to get from point a to point b so quick when there is clearly no transportation used by this character. Additionally, this character somehow knows where everyone is just baffling and unexplained. You have to suspend some of your belief to accept these and unfortunately that is kinda difficult especially considering the tech shown in this movie. The last act of this movie also feels really contrasting to the the slower and suspenseful pace of the first two acts of this movie and it kinda makes it feel like a completely different movie. Honestly, I also prefer the first two acts compared to the last one. Overall, this movie is just a great horror movie and a fresh contemporary adaptation of the novel. If you want a unique and vastly different horror movie experience then this movie is a must watch for you.
kappakappa213Mar 2, 2020
A solid 7/10 and deserves a watch. Skip the trailers tho as there are quite a few spoilers in them.
hihihahaFeb 28, 2020
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The sound and the content is so so amazing. If you want to watch something surprise, you must go to the cinema and watch this movie. Expand
ChrisMizerakFeb 29, 2020
Elisabeth Moss has handily proven herself to be amongst the best actresses of this generation based on her work on “Mad Men” alone. In the recent sci-fi/horror flick “The Invisible Man”, Moss plays Cecilia, a young woman who has recentlyElisabeth Moss has handily proven herself to be amongst the best actresses of this generation based on her work on “Mad Men” alone. In the recent sci-fi/horror flick “The Invisible Man”, Moss plays Cecilia, a young woman who has recently escaped from an abusive and controlling relationship from wealthy scientist Adrian, played by Oliver Jackson-Cohen. She hides in the house of her childhood friend James, played by Aldis Hodge, and his teenage daughter Sydney, played by Storm Reid. One day when her sister Emily, played by Harriet Dyer, checks up on Cecilia, Emily informs her that Adrian has committed suicide and that she will be tortured no more. However, this is not the end of Cecilia’s torture. Not only does she not believe that her ex-husband is dead despite the vast fortune she is inheriting from him, but a series of unusual accidents and events occur that convinces Cecilia that Adrian is still alive. Cecilia is convinced that Adrian has created a suit that makes him invisible and invincible, just to get revenge on her in both small and significant ways. Could she be imagining all of this or is there really something hidden in plain sight? When you’re going into a horror flick with a plot such as this, you naturally expect the filmmakers to have fun with the concept and embrace having its main lead suffer thoroughly. And the film itself does exactly that. Cecilia is manipulated into thinking she made mistakes such as leaving a stove on for too long. She tricked into doing things that are way beyond her wildest control such as harming someone from a distance. It doesn’t matter if there’s someone there or not. That’s because “The Invisible Man” is wise enough to not show anybody there for most of the running time. By doing this, the pain our protagonist is suffering through is better communicated and established. Furthermore, it further contributes to the mystery at hand that Cecilia has to uncover, even if she’s doing it all by herself. “The Invisible Man” could have simply coasted on this beneficial choice alone to make it genuinely scary, but it goes further. In a time when the #MeToo movement is continuing to make footprints in everyday culture, “The Invisible Man” effectively utilizes the struggle and menace women involved in initiating said movement underwent and translates that into the central scenario at hand. It’s made quite clear that Cecilia is forever scarred by this man, whether he’s alive or dead. Even when Cecilia’s friends and family are reassuring her that she's safe, Cecilia knows that no place is ever safe. I’m certain that any woman who has been in a toxic relationship like that can relate to Cecilia’s mental and psychological suffering. In that sense, “The Invisible Man” serves as a strong example of depicting the spirit behind the #MeToo movement onto film. That being said, I do have to note one problem that I would have handled differently. Note that although Cecilia is clearly in a fragile state of mind, at least half of the film consists of her in one of two scenarios. Cecilia is either left alone at the house she’s staying at or going to a place where she is obviously vulnerable yet doesn’t ask anyone, neither friend nor stranger, to come with her. This is the film’s most serious mistake. If she’s going to involve her family and friends in keeping her safe from harm, wouldn’t it be common sense for Cecilia to have some sort of witness by her side to add some credibility to what she’s experiencing? Imagine the possibilities that could flourish if her friends saw what Cecilia saw and had just as much trouble proving it as she did. Wouldn’t it be great to have contradicting factions put into this narrative?

Have a faction that believes that there’s an invisible man out there somewhere, even if they’re not sure what Cecilia says is true. Have an opposing side that denies all of the arguments Cecilia is dishing out, and yet is encouraging the invisible man to exist so they can win their arguments. If the film added a little touch like that just to correct that obvious logical error, it would be better. That plot hole doesn't diminish or take away from the emotionally raw performance Moss turns in. Far from it. Moss is the main reason that "The Invisible Man" is successful. Unlike the ending to “The Grudge”, which concluded with an unsatisfactory open-ended finale, “The Invisible Man” strives to finish on a similarly open-ended note, but it does it right. It keeps the doors open to possibilities down the line, but still ends on a satisfying note. You can interpret what happens any way you like, and still end up satisfied. And thanks to a devoted cast headed by Moss and Leigh Whannell’s direction clipping along at a good pace, I think if you see “The Invisible Man”, trust me when I say that it’s worth catching every step of the way.
Compi24Mar 5, 2020
The teachings of H.G. Wells are stretched to their "2020-iest," and followers of the adaptation process's limitless possibilities have yet another feather in their cap in the form of Leigh Whannell's "The Invisible Man," an ambitious,The teachings of H.G. Wells are stretched to their "2020-iest," and followers of the adaptation process's limitless possibilities have yet another feather in their cap in the form of Leigh Whannell's "The Invisible Man," an ambitious, imaginative and twisted return to form for one of Universal's underappreciated "monster" properties. Whannell capitalizes and even improves on everything that surprised me about his last entry, "Upgrade," distributing the kinetics of his film in a more even and structurally friendly fashion, using the frame as an antagonist that's just as terrifying to look at as it is impossible to look away from. The narrative is sumptuously deceiving, yet structurally recognizable enough to make you think you know where things are headed, even though the exact destination isn't where you figured you'd end up. The production design and cinematography are sleek, ultimately pairing with the respective looks of his previous films to give Whannell what I'd even call an aesthetic in the making. And though it really shocks me to say it, I find myself really intrigued at the prospect of more Universal monster movies with this treatment of the source material in mind. I'd consider that a success on the part of those involved. Expand
PimpinpakmanMar 2, 2020
Really good thriller. Did not expect it to be as good as it turned out to be. We saw it in dolby theater and it enhanced the experience because sound is used very beautifully to create this atmosphere. Highly recommended with a satisfyingReally good thriller. Did not expect it to be as good as it turned out to be. We saw it in dolby theater and it enhanced the experience because sound is used very beautifully to create this atmosphere. Highly recommended with a satisfying ending for once. Expand
fiftywordreviewMar 3, 2020
The Invisible Man requires more than the occasional suspension of disbelief, but an original story with legitimately tense moments elevate it to the top of its genre. The characters often fall into classically poor horror movieThe Invisible Man requires more than the occasional suspension of disbelief, but an original story with legitimately tense moments elevate it to the top of its genre. The characters often fall into classically poor horror movie decision-making, but it's not enough to take away from the overall impact of the film. Expand
HotRatsMar 9, 2020
Great movie, to turn the original story into a feminist manifest is brilliant and touthfull. Moss is superb.
JustinscottsFeb 29, 2020
the right amount of scares and thrill. Led by a powerful performance by Elisabeth Moss
Rebecca31Mar 1, 2020
Cecilia’s (Elisabeth Moss) abusive ex Adrian (Oliver Jackson-Cohen) commits suicide and leaves her his fortune. The relief that he is gone from her life is short lived as a series of very strange occurrences begin to happen to her. SheCecilia’s (Elisabeth Moss) abusive ex Adrian (Oliver Jackson-Cohen) commits suicide and leaves her his fortune. The relief that he is gone from her life is short lived as a series of very strange occurrences begin to happen to her. She suspects Adrian’s death was a hoax and he has found a way to haunt her without anyone seeing. How does she convince everyone that she is being terrorized by something invisible?

First off I had low expectations for The Invisible Man after watching the trailer, I felt it had bad horror movie written all over it. Not only that, but The Invisible Man was supposed to be one of the many monster movies in the Dark Universe franchise. A franchise that failed after one movie, you can all go ahead and blame Tom Cruise’s Mummy movie for that one. But The Invisible Man is not that kind of movie. The opening scene sets the tone of the type of movie you will be watching, taking a real life frightening situation and builds a horror movie around it. It uses everything at its disposal to keep you in a constant state of unease. From the camera work to the score and absolutely everything that Elisabeth Moss is doing. She really is superb in this, her facial expressions and stunt work are brilliant. I thought The Handmaid’s Tale was showing us Elisabeth Moss’s full range of emotional capabilities but she is well and truly pushed to her limits with this performance.

Everything about The Invisible Man pushes it away from your average horror. It doesn’t restrict itself to one genre, yes it is for the most part a horror movie but it’s also dealing with a very serious subject matter. The physically and emotionally abusive relationship and the aftermath of that. It raises issues of how we treat victims of abuse and the devastating effect it can have on one’s mental and physical health. It’s incredibly tense, unexpectedly horrifying and jam packed with frights. It will make you jump out of your skin and with plenty of stress inducing moments you’ll be on the edge of your seat. I’m impressed with how this movie has been reinvented to suit today’s audience. It is well worth taking the time to see, highly recommended.
BeardedYodaMar 2, 2020
The Invisible Man is a very good thriller/horror movie with good acting and directing as well as great cinematography and a cool aesthetic. This is a reboot of a classic Hollywood monster done right. Looking at you The Mummy (2017).
TVJerryMar 4, 2020
Anyone familiar with the classic film will find this thriller a total departure. As the story begins, Elizabeth Moss, who looks miserable and frightened for most of the movie, is sneaking out of the house and the relationship that's ruiningAnyone familiar with the classic film will find this thriller a total departure. As the story begins, Elizabeth Moss, who looks miserable and frightened for most of the movie, is sneaking out of the house and the relationship that's ruining her life. The boyfriend wants her back and uses his innovative optical technology to stalk and terrify her. Director Leigh Whannell (best known for the Saw and Insidious films) has kept the first third of the film very low-key with ominous promise. Once bad things start happening, the tension ramps up to deliver a compelling experience. The violence is quickly dispatched and the logic strains at times, but it's still enjoyable to watch it unfold. Expand
GinaKMar 3, 2020
Although far from a literal remake, this updated version of a classic is excellent. Elisabeth Moss, who plays the tormented wife in a very strong cast, is riveting and very sympathetic. The updated, high-tech plot creates a very cleverAlthough far from a literal remake, this updated version of a classic is excellent. Elisabeth Moss, who plays the tormented wife in a very strong cast, is riveting and very sympathetic. The updated, high-tech plot creates a very clever cat-and-mouse game that continually ratchets up the suspense, sympathy for the heroine, and dread of the heartless technical genius-husband who torments her. Although not a conventional beauty, Moss is a wonderful actress, easily able to keep the audience’s sympathy throughout the harrowing plot. Overall, this film is far more than a horror movie because it always remains horrible in a very human way. Expand
Mitya64Mar 7, 2020
Хороший триллер. По трейлеру думал что хоррор. Но половина фильма точно была хоррором, остальная часть триллером. Сам сюжет интересен. Рекомендую к просмотру, тем более от автора апгрейдаХороший триллер. По трейлеру думал что хоррор. Но половина фильма точно была хоррором, остальная часть триллером. Сам сюжет интересен. Рекомендую к просмотру, тем более от автора апгрейда
JokohamaMar 4, 2020
A very interesting movie, but the ending is a bit poor and unsatisfying for me
AsclepiusMar 2, 2020
I went in expecting to love this movie in totality, given the excellent reviews it has received. In reality, it's the kind of film that often agitates me, for the weak plot points that leave the viewer saying, "You *LITERALLY* have his DNAI went in expecting to love this movie in totality, given the excellent reviews it has received. In reality, it's the kind of film that often agitates me, for the weak plot points that leave the viewer saying, "You *LITERALLY* have his DNA right there!" Looking past these problems, however, I very much liked the way the plot unfolded. Even though this movie wasn't 100% for me, I really ended up appreciating it. A note to Hollywood, since it seems to have forgotten: this is how you craft a strong woman. Show it, don't tell it. Expand
moviemitch96Feb 29, 2020
A young woman (Elizabeth Moss) finds herself inexplicably stalked and haunted by her late boyfriend following his death by suicide. It's an old and simple enough premise, but I was a little skeptical of the solid reviews this started getting,A young woman (Elizabeth Moss) finds herself inexplicably stalked and haunted by her late boyfriend following his death by suicide. It's an old and simple enough premise, but I was a little skeptical of the solid reviews this started getting, especially since I thought the trailers made it look pretty 'meh' to me personally. However, while it did have the many predictable moments I was expecting it to have, it also had a lot of shocking and unexpected scenes and twists throughout that kept things relatively fun and intriguing. On top of that, Moss turns in a great performance and keeps us invested in her attempts to uncover what's happening to her exactly. Overall, despite its simple premise and some predictable moments here and there, it still turned out to be a decent little thriller that took some unique and unexpected turns. Expand
MarcDoyleMar 3, 2020
So much better than I expected it to be based on the trailer. Special shot-out to the sound-design team, and the visual FX folks. Moss's performance was baked in - I trusted that she wouldn't involve herself in a "lesser" production, but sheSo much better than I expected it to be based on the trailer. Special shot-out to the sound-design team, and the visual FX folks. Moss's performance was baked in - I trusted that she wouldn't involve herself in a "lesser" production, but she also exceeded my expectations. Expand
farhanghaFeb 29, 2020
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. this is a wonderful horror movie. this is best movie from Leigh Whannell. Part of the appeal of the film, of course, comes from the art of Elizabeth Moss. An actor who can handle even more difficult films. Of course, comparing this movie to the classic 1933 version is a mistake. Expand
BradMorganMar 10, 2020
The film was far too far-fetched sometimes but certainly unique. It had a couple surprising moments and time was taken for the build up of the plot. Avery entertaining film with a good lead actress!
ArminLvFeb 29, 2020
I will not explain much but tell that this is really great movie to start 2020 of great movies. If you liked Leigh's work in Upgrade then this is even better. I totally recommend this movie who likes on the edge of your seat kind of movies.
manningn15Mar 1, 2020
The Invisible Man is my favorite thriller of 2020, my favorite horror movie of 2020, one of my top 10 favorite movies of 2020, and one of my favorite movies of all time. Elizabeth Moss's performance was emotionally powerful and justThe Invisible Man is my favorite thriller of 2020, my favorite horror movie of 2020, one of my top 10 favorite movies of 2020, and one of my favorite movies of all time. Elizabeth Moss's performance was emotionally powerful and just exceptional. The supporting performances from Storm Reid, Aldis Hodge, and Harriet Dyer were terrific. The writing and story were stupendous, showing how woman can be emotionally and physically abused and controlled in a toxic relationship but can fight back and are strong and able to survive it was a smart way to do the remake. The visual effects were phenomenal and made the existence of an "Invisible Man" seem so real. The music was outstanding and really helped build the tension in the scenes with "The Invisible Man". The makeup and hairstyling was excellent especically on Elizabeth Moss and Storm Reid. Overall a A+ thriller. Expand
PanchogulMar 1, 2020
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. El Hombre Invisible (2020)

Sinopsis:

Cecilia comienza a rehacer su vida después de que su exnovio maltratador fallezca. Sin embargo, su cordura queda en entredicho cuando empieza a dudar de que siga vivo.

Opinión:

Debo decir en primera instancia que esta película me gustó muchísimo y llenó ampliamente mis expectativas. Está cargada de tensión y suspenso de primera, y sin contener mucha violencia gráfica ni sangre por doquier, sabe mantenerte al límite desde el principio hasta el final pese a tener un ritmo relativamente lento.

La actuación de Elisabeth Moss es de primer nivel y va más allá de lo plausible, espero sea nominada para la próxima temporada de premios, encarna a la perfección a una mujer maltratada que decide huir de su captor y como las heridas psicológicas la persiguen día a día, cosa que de seguro les sucede a muchas mujeres que pasan por esto y lo aterrador que debe ser sentir que el agresor te va a perseguir siempre y para siempre.

Los efectos especiales fueron interesantes, la fotografía y paleta de colores fue de mi agrado, la banda sonora estuvo impecable logrando acentuar cada situación de la película apropiadamente.

El trasfondo pienso yo que va mas allá del simple título del filme, sino que retrata con bastante credibilidad las relaciones sentimentales tóxicas con la posterior violencia intrafamiliar que esto conlleva.

Ojalá le vaya bien en la taquilla, vale la pena ir a verla.

Valoración:

5 ⭐ de 5 ⭐
TejasNairMar 20, 2020
The classic old story gets an upscale reinvention in The Invisible Man while also shedding light into the social menace of sadistic men who manipulate the women who love them through physical and mental abuse with the plot focusing more onThe classic old story gets an upscale reinvention in The Invisible Man while also shedding light into the social menace of sadistic men who manipulate the women who love them through physical and mental abuse with the plot focusing more on the psychological effects of such a relationship where Elisabeth Moss acts like she's living the character and single-handedly shoulders the film into a solid entertainer with some great CGI-induced mind-blowing action sequences as well as a haunting score that overall enhances the appeal of the film as you self-quarantine yourself in these trying times. TN. Expand
imtheonlytyeMar 8, 2020
This movie was a 10/10. It was a PHENOMENAL movie!! I loved it! They did everything right. The ending was kind of meh, but it didn't tarnish the entire film. I was on my seat the entire time and it made me so emotional. I felt her pain and IThis movie was a 10/10. It was a PHENOMENAL movie!! I loved it! They did everything right. The ending was kind of meh, but it didn't tarnish the entire film. I was on my seat the entire time and it made me so emotional. I felt her pain and I felt her experiences. I loved their wide shots at times to make us think, "hm is he there right now?", literally genius. Even the action sequences were so fun and great to watch. Some parts didn't make sense to me, but nonetheless, the overall film was fantastic. Finally, they make a good scary movie type film this year, since all the thrillers and scary movies that have already come out have been garbage. I'm glad this film redeemed this year so far. I am going to watch it again in theatres soon. This is a "watch 100 times and never get bored of it" type of movie. The direction they went with this movie was magnificent and I am so happy they did it. Expand
BatMiteMar 5, 2020
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The newest film by Leigh Whannell starring Elizabeth Moss with a powerful performance that elevates a well-done film from a jump-scare fueled suspense/thriller into a great one. Cecilia Kass, portrayed by Moss, is a woman stuck in a very unstable relationship with the titular character of Adrian Griffin, portrayed here by Oliver Jackson-Cohen, who is a controlling, abusive boyfriend and also a genius in the "optics technology" department. What the film does well is that it never delves too far into showing the abuse between the two and does not try to explain just how the suit works. It gives you enough information about both situations that you can accept it without wasting much time or effort of explaining the pseudo-science. It does show at least some of the aggressive behavior by Adrian right at the start and quickly shows the behavior. The movie starts with a slow burn and really ramps up after the apparent suicide of Adrian. Though everyone in the film is convinced of this, Cecilia learns that may not be the case here. Just as her life seems to be getting better is when unexplainable events start to occur. From the small kitchen fire she thinks she starts to her work portfolio being emptied out amongst other things. It feels like a ghost film without the paranormal but the plan of a narcissistic engineer who would rather use the grand technology to stalk his ex-girlfriend and make her miserable just because he can. The film has some great cinematography and the score by Benjamin Wallfisch is powerful. A pleasant surprise from Whannell and co that further shows he can do great wonders in the technological thrillers after his last his last entry Upgrade(2018). Although there are a few scenes and moments that could be nitpicked to death the performance by Moss is the best part of the film and plenty of reason to catch this one in theaters. Expand
Sparky_horrorMar 7, 2020
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This movie shows an amazing and horrific example of feeling trapped in an abusive relationship. The acting, especially our leading protagonist, is outstanding and you can really feel how the characters feel. Expand
JbuerApr 3, 2020
Really enjoyable to watch. Some great surprises to keep you interested. Clever reconstructed screenplay of a classic that resonates with issues of today. Well shot, acted and directed with a great modern look.
zmgalen2000Mar 30, 2020
Gripping, suspenseful, and truly badass, "The Invisible Man" makes for an excellent movie night for any drama/thriller aficionado. Is it perfect? No. There is a bit of a lackluster plotline with some odd pacing, and it's not one of thoseGripping, suspenseful, and truly badass, "The Invisible Man" makes for an excellent movie night for any drama/thriller aficionado. Is it perfect? No. There is a bit of a lackluster plotline with some odd pacing, and it's not one of those movies that makes you want to get up a cheer at the conclusion, but Elizabeth Moss's acting (along with suspense) make this film a true must-watch for all drama lovers. Expand
rodrigosoaresamMar 30, 2020
The movie is really great! There are some scenes that make you breathless. I was hoping that the movie could have a better ending. Also the movie doesn't connect the possibilities that exist in the plot. Btw, it is one of the best moviesThe movie is really great! There are some scenes that make you breathless. I was hoping that the movie could have a better ending. Also the movie doesn't connect the possibilities that exist in the plot. Btw, it is one of the best movies that I have watched in this year. Expand
keanureveesMar 16, 2020
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Absolutely haunting from start to finish, with an exceptional performance by Elisabeth Moss. It opens very strong; you immediately feel the fear, the tension, the signifigance of Cecilia's escape, and that feeling never quite leaves until the very end. The directing was really great, with loads of long shots which I feel like is really entering horror more lately, and I love that. I also really enjoyed the ending. It felt like something that would be predictable, but it managed to surprise me! Expand
ajzeg01Mar 31, 2020
They did it. Son of a gun, they actually did it. Universal finally made a GOOD remake of one of their classic monster movies!! (Celebration by Kool and the Gang plays) Not only is it a good remake, I’d say it’s the best Universal MonsterThey did it. Son of a gun, they actually did it. Universal finally made a GOOD remake of one of their classic monster movies!! (Celebration by Kool and the Gang plays) Not only is it a good remake, I’d say it’s the best Universal Monster movie since Creature from the Black Lagoon! This remake is very different from the original 1933 film as well as the HG Wells novella it was loosely based on so purists may still be unhappy with this movie, but I’m all for updates to the classics (that’s pretty much what the original films were, they’re almost nothing like the original books) so it didn’t bother me at all. The Invisible Man updates the story in very clever ways that I won’t spoil here and it gives a sci-fi horror twist to a relevant story about an abusive relationship. Nobody sees it happening and nobody believes the main character when she tells people about it. Huh. The lead performance from Elisabeth Moss (yes, I’m spelling her name correctly this time) is fantastic, and this movie is SCARY! The original 1933 film was very effects-heavy with a lot of comedy. In this, there is no comedy to be found and the effects are very minimal, but even if the movie is showing you nothing it makes you feel the presence of an evil figure lurking around using only framing, sound design and Elisabeth Moss’ performance. There are tons of tense and creative sequences (very similar to the director’s last film, Upgrade) and a ton of suspense. You never know when the titular character is going to show up next and it keeps you on the edge of your seat! I think the movie was a little too fast-paced, the buildup to what’s really going on could’ve been slower and more effective, and the score can be loud and overbearing at times, but overall I thought this movie was excellent. This is a must-see for any horror fan or fan of the classics! I’m so happy this movie is a hit and we’ll be getting more movies like it! I can’t wait, this is going to be awesome. The Universal Monsters are back and I couldn’t be more happy. The director of this wants to do a remake of Dracula and James Wan is producing a Frankenstein remake, among a ton of other projects in development. Yes. All the yes. Give them to me. I want them. Expand
ngrego2021Mar 13, 2020
I have enjoyed seeing The Invisible Man the second installment in the Dark Universe film series and the one to be rated R and affiliated with Blumhouse unlike 2017’s The Mummy. The Invisible Man is a UNSEEN site for good ole sore eyes, mostI have enjoyed seeing The Invisible Man the second installment in the Dark Universe film series and the one to be rated R and affiliated with Blumhouse unlike 2017’s The Mummy. The Invisible Man is a UNSEEN site for good ole sore eyes, most iconic as The Mummy, with the exception of course of Tom Cruise. The film is about a seemingly dead sociopath who stalks and terrorizes his girlfriend (Elizabeth Moss) in plain site (while literally unseen doing it). For this reason I highly recommend The Invisible Man. Expand
Im_just_playingMar 27, 2020
WOW. I had a great time with this sci-fi horror. Fantastic cast, interesting story, great music. This is only one of the best movies of 2020 or one of the best remakes ever... This is one of my favorite movies so far [with Chronicle and Hereditary].
dtmpowerm5Mar 9, 2020
This was the most suspenseful movie I've ever seen! This was extremely well put together. The effects, acting, story and environments were all at their best. I literally recommended this movie to all of my friends and family. I hate overThis was the most suspenseful movie I've ever seen! This was extremely well put together. The effects, acting, story and environments were all at their best. I literally recommended this movie to all of my friends and family. I hate over hyping something, only for someone to go and be let down but I can say with surety that this will not disappoint if you are a fan of suspense/horror. A+ Expand
marshallonfilm_Mar 19, 2020
“He cut his wrists. Per his final wishes, you’re getting five million dollars. Contingent of course on the fine print. You can’t be ruled to be mentally incompetent.”
Nicole2425Mar 27, 2020
What a great movie!! Had me on the edge of my seat! Suspenseful and thrilling. Awesome movie.
jakeyjakeMar 30, 2020
The Invisible Man provides a fresh, modern take that focuses more on the development of it's female lead, rather than the invisible man himself. Fortunately, our main protagonist (played by Elisabeth Moss) gives such an amazing, vulnerable,The Invisible Man provides a fresh, modern take that focuses more on the development of it's female lead, rather than the invisible man himself. Fortunately, our main protagonist (played by Elisabeth Moss) gives such an amazing, vulnerable, underdog performance that it will keep you invested throughout the entire film. The only 2 critiques I have are the lack of development given to our antagonist, the titular character, as well as some of the attempts at humor throughout that don't quite land and feel really out of place at times. Overall this is a really solid thriller. 8/10 Expand