Twentieth Century Fox | Release Date: February 18, 1983
8.0
Generally favorable reviews based on 47 Ratings
Watch Now
DiptanshuOct 2, 2019
scorceses finest outing!robert deniro is just amazing he really lived the part of beign an real king of acting!
amheretojudgeAug 28, 2019
I should be worried, all I do, all day, is picture myself being interviewed by Conan and pampered by the audience.

The King Of Comedy Scorsese has once again got hold of a people pleasing concept. The film endorses itself, comically tragic

The King Of Comedy

Scorsese has once again got hold of a people pleasing concept. The film endorses itself, comically tragic and famously opinionated, in the sense that the film speaks the inner voice of the common man. And it is a timeless classic. Perhaps this is why, even decades later when Todd Phillips commands the very subject in Joker, the topic feels fresh and is trending like any other hip and happening theme in this post social media era. But what's to note here, is that the fame has always been this cryptic mythical entity that everyone wishes to crack in a night. The hangover is too heavy to be shaken off by someone or something from the outside.

And this is what the first half of the director Martin Scorsese's ambitious and controversial project runs on. And it is a very slow and steady procedure that he wants us to go through, almost like a therapy. Even the dream like sequences where Rupert Pupkin played by Robert De Niro assumes only the ideal situation. In those scenarios too, that are actually installed to speak more about the characters and its ideologies, De Niro is repetitively whipped by the dose of reality to see the line differentiating right and wrong.

And his entire character is based on that blurred factor that he is incapable of recognizing. Even in his stand up bits, the one-liners and the stories he mocks is just showcasing the sadistic outward look that he has towards his own life. And that is why we feel empathetic towards The King Of Comedy. For he is self obsessed. He doesn't account other's life and hence also doesn't have a sadistic approach towards their priorities or importance. This thrown penny that is seen in De Niro's panache is hungrily grabbed by us, it represents that tiny part of our life that we all dream of.
TyranianFeb 13, 2020
Another brilliant Scorsese film, De Niro is excellent and the story is very entertaining.
eagleeyevikingOct 21, 2019
Martin Scorcese's "The King of Comedy" is an under-appreciated delight; booting a killer performance from Robert De Niro, as well as a story about mental illness that leaves a lasting impression.
JackmillerApr 6, 2019
cool movie loved it awesome acting and badass writing overall the main actor is my favorite
zNeverSleepingOct 31, 2019
"Melhor ser Rei por uma noite do que idiota para o resto da vida"

"Melhor ser Rei por uma noite do que idiota para o resto da vida"

O modo como Scorsese faz cinema é realmente fascinante e desafiador. É como se ele inventa-se sua própria formula e com sua arte nos desafia-se. Por mais que haja filmes excelentes contemporaneamente, a cada dia me sinto mais interessado no século passado!
RedUnicycleMar 27, 2020
To nobody’s surprise, Robert De Niro absolutely kills it as Rupert Pupkin, a deeply troubled individual who cares about nothing more than following his idol’s steps into becoming a universally beloved stand-up comedian. One of Scorsese’s mostTo nobody’s surprise, Robert De Niro absolutely kills it as Rupert Pupkin, a deeply troubled individual who cares about nothing more than following his idol’s steps into becoming a universally beloved stand-up comedian. One of Scorsese’s most underrated work, The King of Comedy is both an amusing and disturbing take on celebrity worship. Expand
Cementer200Sep 23, 2020
The King of Comedy is a very good. The story was amazing. Martin Scorsese is a increadble dircetor "Taxi Driver " was very good. Robert De Niero was amazing as Rupert Pupkin.