Lions Gate Films | Release Date: February 2, 2001
7.6
Generally favorable reviews based on 32 Ratings
Watch Now
IoannisP.Jan 30, 2006
This may be a bit slow for some, but it has many qualities including great ating and direction.
MaximI.Aug 8, 2008
I always took the phrase "Americans are stupid" as only a stereotype, but after reading the critics reviews, I see they are. Million Dollar Hotel is an amazing movie. It has soul, an amaizing story. After the movie you find yourself in heavy I always took the phrase "Americans are stupid" as only a stereotype, but after reading the critics reviews, I see they are. Million Dollar Hotel is an amazing movie. It has soul, an amaizing story. After the movie you find yourself in heavy shock, you feel your eyes were opened, you feel that that different kind of people exists, you feel your soul opened up but only after an arrow hit it. It's amaizing. This movie is the only American movie, and I have seen alot, together with Man On the Moon, that i can call a real, good movie. But the American critics? They proved they are so stupid. They didn't like the movie, it's there right. But their arguments! My god, have you read their arguments? "This movie has no explotions". You want explotions? Join Al-Queida. "You understand the point only in the end". Thats the whole beauty!!! Thats what makes it so damn smart. For the whole movie you are glewed to the screen, as if you are in some magic world, a sick, magic world. You understand it only in the end, and the moment you understand it you feel like you are hit in the face by cold whater. Shure you are to smart for that! You need to know right at start who is the bad guy, who is the good guy, and let the bombing start. This movie is for people people with a soul, and with a mind. It's an LA movie so after I have seen it I thought: "How can Americans be stupid, when they make such Amazing movies? Now I know Bono wrote it, but it was shot as an American movie", and then I read the critics, and back to reality. After reading the critics reviews here, i finaly understood what empty people means. Expand
GinoM.Dec 2, 2007
Like watching two corporate executives talk jibberish to each other while switchin out their slacks for women's jeans and axe affect gel for flat iron hair with blonde highlights on the 71st floor of the US Bank Building for no apparent Like watching two corporate executives talk jibberish to each other while switchin out their slacks for women's jeans and axe affect gel for flat iron hair with blonde highlights on the 71st floor of the US Bank Building for no apparent reason at all. It's so seedy.....I'm soooooo intrigued by these people that obvious embody Downtown Los Angeles. Obviously. Expand
danparker5Aug 27, 2013
The throw away lines in MDH are much better than the main dialogue of most movies from Hollywood movies, with just about everything else about the movie being several levels above the lowest common denominator needed for a blockbuster forThe throw away lines in MDH are much better than the main dialogue of most movies from Hollywood movies, with just about everything else about the movie being several levels above the lowest common denominator needed for a blockbuster for people coming out of our indoctrination, err education system.

The movie is a bit careless on the Goldkiss line that "my people decide what will be news"; not only because this line led to some of the attacks on the movie (with no doubt many of the critics oblivious to their leashes); but because many of the people who happened to be born Jewish media mavens themselves do not realize how they are pawns of something else.

Anyone want to start a homeland in the desert, in the midst of hostiles outnumbering you by 100 to 1, coincidentally in a sea of oil the powers are after?

And of course, all the people there have to deal with the cards they are played, newcomers and natives no difference really. So, one world, one people, like in the million dollar hotel, is the only way forward. See cesy.org for something on this.