Warner Bros. Pictures | Release Date: June 30, 2000
5.9
Mixed or average reviews based on 62 Ratings
Watch Now
sinadoomAug 29, 2012
The Perfect Diasaster. I have never seen a more boring, eventless, badly directed and acted film. Avoid at all costs. Nothing happens and it's not interesting in the slightest.
LwppopzAug 13, 2010
This is amongst one of the worst movies I have ever seen. I only gave it a 3 because the waves looked good in 2000. It's doesn't seem to go anywhere and the movie made no effort of making me want to care about the crew. The only up side toThis is amongst one of the worst movies I have ever seen. I only gave it a 3 because the waves looked good in 2000. It's doesn't seem to go anywhere and the movie made no effort of making me want to care about the crew. The only up side to this movie is that it is not a bad as Miami Vice (Movie). Expand
tpjaggJun 23, 2014
Hollywood did it again, what a crap movie. the most irritating thing about this movie was the bloody music.
so in appropriate! I literally had to stop watching this crap. Now I know why I watch foreign film and arthouse cinema. Hollywood never did it for me. Occasionally a good one comes out but it certainly AINT this one.
BroyaxJan 11, 2017
A priori, un film de rafiot de pêcheurs pris dans la tourmente par le réalisateur du Bateau, laisse subodorer quelque chose d'intéressant... jusqu'à ce qu'on découvre avec horreur que le réalisateur a embauché deux quiches aux premiers rôlesA priori, un film de rafiot de pêcheurs pris dans la tourmente par le réalisateur du Bateau, laisse subodorer quelque chose d'intéressant... jusqu'à ce qu'on découvre avec horreur que le réalisateur a embauché deux quiches aux premiers rôles : Mark Wahlgerbe et George Leclown. Rien de tel que deux incapables pareils pour saborder son projet en fanfare !

Le début du film s'avère lent et chiant et peine à se réveiller par la suite... et comme on ne peut pas tenir deux plombes sur ces marins d'eau douce en raison de la grève des scénaristes (ou d'un excès de **** de rails des scénaristes stagiaires) Petersen dévie sur d'autres andouilles en perdition pour mieux faire diversion (le voilier, l'hélico des sauveteurs qui sauve le voilier, l'hélico des sauveteurs qui veut se ravitailler dans la tempête, l'hélico des sauveteurs sauvé par les garde-côtes... on dirait vidéogag putain).

Alors du coup, la deuxième heure qui se réveille enfin et en vain, se noie dans une répétition de grosses vagues et d'images de synthèse de la barcasse en perdition jusqu'au glouglou éventuel et la guimauve syndicale qui en découle. Spectaculaire certes et filmé agréablement mais on s'en lasse très rapidement : En Pleine Tempête passe trop sa vie au creux de la vague.
ultrachromeJun 4, 2015
This movie is my gold standard for what I consider to be a horrible film. Pacted full of cliches, overly dramatic music, I couldn't come to have any sympathy for the characters and there's about 40 minutes of over the top quick cut shaky camThis movie is my gold standard for what I consider to be a horrible film. Pacted full of cliches, overly dramatic music, I couldn't come to have any sympathy for the characters and there's about 40 minutes of over the top quick cut shaky cam action footage where you really have no idea what in the hell is going on. Terrible, terrible movie. Expand
amheretojudgeSep 22, 2018
barely a high tide..

The Perfect Storm The Perfect Storm is a plot driven adventurous drama about a group of guys visiting unknown territories in the sea world with an immovable agenda. Despite of stunning visual effects, sharp sound
barely a high tide..

The Perfect Storm

The Perfect Storm is a plot driven adventurous drama about a group of guys visiting unknown territories in the sea world with an immovable agenda. Despite of stunning visual effects, sharp sound effects and background score, the so called cinematic experience that it promises, is left untouched. Either the characters are undercooked or are brimmed with chalky substance, since it isn't convincing for a single frame; no thrills in here are thrilling. It is undeniably finely detailed but as much as deep it goes, either the discovered hollowness shucks away its credibility or the surfing through character's perspective grows non-feasible. The feature somehow seems in a hurry, it skips steps over husky bits and directs all his guns on delivering the crisp which unfortunately is wafer thin in here. It might be gullible on terms of commercial aspects, but its self-created hallucination of forcibly imputing artsy factors, is just plainly disappointing. There are few sequences where they get it right and won't even make you blink twice with its ruggedness and earthy theme that is palpable to its tone. Clooney is definitely not in his A game, he seems confused and isn't clearly expressive with Wahlberg's scattering portrayal of any whatsoever persona and addition to that even Riley, Lane and Hawkes; stars like such, fails to create the anticipated impact on screen. Armed with an incongruent adaptation by Wittliff, Peterson's somewhat decent execution skills too couldn't save this sinking ship as it falls flatly on character development or even logistics at times. The bravura of work by sound department that leaves your seat shaken up and few cheap yet thoroughly entertaining thrills are the only high points of this tomfoolery projected under the adventurous genre. The Perfect Storm is barely a high tide let alone be "the storm" and as far as perfection is concerned, it certainly is mythical.