Vertical Entertainment | Release Date: May 10, 2019
7.2
Generally favorable reviews based on 23 Ratings
Watch Now
AllanbaxterMay 18, 2019
I don't agree with the professional critics giving this film such a low score. I thought Mel Gibson did a fine job as well as Sean Penn. The story keeps moving at a nice clip and is interesting.
jgmrichterJun 15, 2019
Don't heed the critics, who aparrently wanted to see another movie with other actors (maybe they walked into the wrong cinema by accident?). Not every movie has to win Oscars. The professor and the madman is an interesting story well told,Don't heed the critics, who aparrently wanted to see another movie with other actors (maybe they walked into the wrong cinema by accident?). Not every movie has to win Oscars. The professor and the madman is an interesting story well told, combining historical events few probably knew about with human drama which Gibson and Penn both are well-equipped to portray. Watch it with family and enjoy on a Sunday evening. Expand
JLuis_001Oct 18, 2019
One might think that with Mel Gibson and Sean Penn as main actors this would be a little bit better but no.

Very slow, very passive and very boring.
bataguilaAug 23, 2019
tienes escenas muy shockeantes innecesarias, la historia esta mal contada, y la viuda se ve que es la razon por la cula aceptaron estas estrellas.
ThatFilmGuy20Sep 1, 2019
In this rather monumental quest to tell the story of a tortured man who lived through his work, I find that this film did its absolute best to convey what happened at the birth of the dictionary.

The sheer amount of the acting power that was

The sheer amount of the acting power that was on display in the person of two of the most skillful actors of all time is just amazing to watch, Sean Penn was and always be one of my favorite actors, the way he displayed emotion and pain in this film just goes to proves the mastery of his craft, he in a way, materialize the ideas of the character he was playing and took us on a journey to get to know this tortured man's life, it was an absolute joy to watch, and to have Mel Gibson on the other end is just amazing, this pair needs to do another film again, their charisma leaps through the screen.

Granted that the film faces some problems with the transition at times critical moments of its narrative, but it serves its purpose and then some, and for that, I believe this film was great, flawed, it might be, but excellent nevertheless.
bchatmonJun 13, 2019
Moving!
Great acting!
Memorable Story!
Awesome!
The story is an unknown history lesson.
The lead actors and the supporting cast is simply great.