GKIDS | Release Date: January 15, 2020
8.3
Universal acclaim based on 32 Ratings
Watch Now
cag345Jan 15, 2020
The new movie of the creator of the fantastic Your Name is summed up in an attempt to show that this director has a lot of imagination and is able to build a story of fantasy, romance and genius. Has he achieved it? Unfortunately not always.The new movie of the creator of the fantastic Your Name is summed up in an attempt to show that this director has a lot of imagination and is able to build a story of fantasy, romance and genius. Has he achieved it? Unfortunately not always. The movie is fine, it is beautiful, fun and bold, but at sometimes it leaves you with a taste in your mouth that you are not seeing a new Your Name, knowing that this could be the reason why the film attracted. Hodoka and Hina are very similar to the other protagonists, and yet you do not fall in love with them completely even if you see them falling from the sky while listening to beautiful music, because there is not enough argument in the story to really sympathize with them.

The adventure does not always feel exciting and there are moments that feel forced. In terms of maturity, it seems to me a breakthrough with respect to Your name but certain decisions related to this path seem too much to me (the use of a gun, some choices of Hina to make money) for a children's film, which is mostly a romance youth. In the same way, I would have liked it to be better explained because Hina is a sun girl and that would have deepened more in that way to efficiently impact the clear message that the film has in function of humans and the climatic impact.

I was able to enjoy Weathering with you and maybe I would have liked it better if I had not seen Your name before, but we always tend to compare and it is inevitable for me not to do it.
ericrendeiroJan 16, 2020
I haven’t watch the movie yet, but I can already tell this is another excellent anime movie that will leave it’s mark. 10 out of 10.
ILoveBF1Jan 20, 2020
Worst anime movie ever. Cliche garbage with so many illogical **** My **** >>>>>>>> Tokyo. **** stupid.
JokohamaJan 19, 2020
Beautiful visual and kind of emotional story, a bit of happy and a bit of sadness.
BLOODRAINEMJan 15, 2020
Very unusual story and style from Makoto Shinkai this. You will find some parallels with Miyazaki films
Ab-Rah768Jan 16, 2020
What a Masterpiece movie directed by Makoto Shinkai of Your Name. If you are non anime fan then also you will love this movie. Don't compare with Your Name movie both have different story line. This movie more focused on Nature and Love also.What a Masterpiece movie directed by Makoto Shinkai of Your Name. If you are non anime fan then also you will love this movie. Don't compare with Your Name movie both have different story line. This movie more focused on Nature and Love also. If you love watching romantic, adventure, fantasy then you will definitely love this movie by Makoto Shinkai. Animations were also great as you know. I will not spoil the movie here. Just go for it you will love this movie and soundtracks are also very good. Expand
wisnievskikacpeJan 16, 2020
Ten film jest cudowny. Pełna energia oraz pokaz energi. Ja tej ekranizacji przekazuje 7/10 punktów.
EMai110Jan 16, 2020
Must Watch. Breath taking scenes, fantastic story. will have you on the edge of you seat.
Delines-ElkaJan 17, 2020
Weathering With You is a work of art, a movie that gives many messages depending on how you interpret the movie and it's as good Your Name. With so many emotional Scenes and Characters that stay with you making it super memorable. please doWeathering With You is a work of art, a movie that gives many messages depending on how you interpret the movie and it's as good Your Name. With so many emotional Scenes and Characters that stay with you making it super memorable. please do watch Weathering With You it is great Expand
Hachiko_sksJan 19, 2020
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A whiny boy saves his girlfriend from prostitution to become her pimp and decides to destroy the ecosystem because of a teenage romance.

IMHO the story was totally weak. Lame main character, major plotholes and all the interesting parts of this universe where cut short for a (at best) mediocre love story. Plus points for the side characters though, they where really funny, and the gorgeous animations. But that's just not enough.