Orion Pictures | Release Date: May 20, 2016
9.6
Universal acclaim based on 7 Ratings
Watch Now
whatdafrakJun 4, 2016
I thought this was a very sweet, surprisingly deep film. Despite its whimsical flair, the characters and emotion really rang true for me. A pleasant surprise and a film I'll definitely recommend.
sfoley94Jun 21, 2016
The film can at times feel a bit light, but as a fantasy - set in modern day - that doesn't feel inappropriate. Plus the movie's just got so much heart, particularly the main character - Woody - that it's hard not to get a little swept up inThe film can at times feel a bit light, but as a fantasy - set in modern day - that doesn't feel inappropriate. Plus the movie's just got so much heart, particularly the main character - Woody - that it's hard not to get a little swept up in the idea of a place we would all like to go. Expand
NicoleMiller82Oct 19, 2016
A beautiful film, both visually and because of its uplifting message. The characters are delightfully quirky and well-acted. it's also a nice example of magical realism.
lcb10Jul 22, 2017
This is a really significant film, with fine acting and very well made. It is one for the thinkers, and allows you to make your own thoughts and interpretations, rather than placing them on the viewer. Unfortunately this kind of moreThis is a really significant film, with fine acting and very well made. It is one for the thinkers, and allows you to make your own thoughts and interpretations, rather than placing them on the viewer. Unfortunately this kind of more thoughtful and thought provoking film is not well favoured by most movie fans, hence the low review scores for this significant movie.

It also works as a basically therapeutic film in ways - allowing therapy in its difference. So, if you may find it challenging, that is a good way to approach it, not feeling you HAVE to think about anything. Let it pass through or over you, do not feel you must run along with it or anything. There is therapy in just the potential in the experience of watching, and maybe considering afterwards. Also I think it was not made to be taken at face value - for example "happy clappy" need not mean all good and truly, blissfully happy. A very simple film in some ways, but not stupid, I think. It knows life is not just a dream of bliss.