Batrax Entertainment | Release Date: June 29, 2018
Generally favorable reviews based on 18 Ratings
Watch Now
Buy on
TVJerryAug 30, 2020
Jessica Chastain plays Catherine Weldon, a widowed artist who travels from New York to North Dakota in the 1880s to paint a portrait of Chief Sitting Bull (Michael Greyeyes). While there, she becomes part of the movement to help the LakotaJessica Chastain plays Catherine Weldon, a widowed artist who travels from New York to North Dakota in the 1880s to paint a portrait of Chief Sitting Bull (Michael Greyeyes). While there, she becomes part of the movement to help the Lakota maintain the rights for their land (Sam Rockwell is one of the hostile Army officers). Exposing these injustices never gains much dramatic traction and her relationship with the Chief has potential, but also fails to fully develop. Overall, this is an interesting historical footnote with strong performances, but not a very compelling movie. Expand
JLuis_001Jun 30, 2018
A film well done in all the extension of the word but enormously lackluster and too inclined towards the melodrama which lacks solidity in spite of the good interventions of its actors.

This film reminds me of Mary Shelley that I recently

This film reminds me of Mary Shelley that I recently saw and not because they have something in common but because both films are two good ideas with simplistic and boring executions.