• Record Label: RCA
  • Release Date: Mar 22, 2020
7.4

Review this album

1. Mar 29, 2020
    I will always appreciate when artists that risks with their music, and Gambino is a great example of that. There are so many underlying and subliminal themes in this album that are generously disguised by mixed vocals and sounds. Now I will admit, some of the sounds are strange and seem out of place, but it did grow on me. Not as good as Awaken My Love! but definitely a good work of art.
  2. Mar 26, 2020
    While many ideas presented in this album are interesting, the project as a whole seems to have an identity crisis. It just doesn't seem to know what it wants to be. It tries to sound cold and detached yet soulful at the same time. It tries very hard to be experimental while more mainstream elements sneak in.
  3. Mar 27, 2020
    Possibly the album of the year and it is only March. Best album that’s been released since Alabama Shakes- Sound & Color. The tonal shifts throughout the album are gorgeously executed and every song on this album belongs. This is Art-Pop at its best in the last decade. Clearly inspired by the sounds of Prince, The Beatles, and The Beach Boys but with a modern spin that keeps it incrediblyPossibly the album of the year and it is only March. Best album that’s been released since Alabama Shakes- Sound & Color. The tonal shifts throughout the album are gorgeously executed and every song on this album belongs. This is Art-Pop at its best in the last decade. Clearly inspired by the sounds of Prince, The Beatles, and The Beach Boys but with a modern spin that keeps it incredibly interesting throughout. This is the definitive Childish Gambino album and in my opinion, may be considered some day to be one of the best albums of the early part of this century. Expand
  4. Mar 27, 2020
    In an era of lazy music, especially in hip hop, Donald Glover truly seperates himself. With 3.15.20 he creates his own unique sound. Songs like Algorythm and Warlords see Glover take on the role of a dystopian, post apocalyptic disc jockey. Maneuvering his way through aggressive beats chanting warning signs of where humanity is going in this technological dominate society we find ourselvesIn an era of lazy music, especially in hip hop, Donald Glover truly seperates himself. With 3.15.20 he creates his own unique sound. Songs like Algorythm and Warlords see Glover take on the role of a dystopian, post apocalyptic disc jockey. Maneuvering his way through aggressive beats chanting warning signs of where humanity is going in this technological dominate society we find ourselves in. On the other hand, he mellows out the the tone of the album with some of the catchiest songs of the year like little foot, big foot and beautiful. The multi talented artist truly perfected his sound and has come such a long way from the corny raps of camp. Expand
  5. Mar 23, 2020
    I knew this album was gonna polarise alot of listeners with different sounds like in Awaken my Love (which I loved as well) but I thoroughly enjoyed it! 12:38 is my personal favourite!
  6. Mar 24, 2020
    From now on my favourite Bino's album. Every song is diffrent genre, i can't even tell what genres are these. 53.49 is my favourite song.
  7. Mar 23, 2020
    Incredible showcase of Donald’s talents and evolution. The album is a Masterpiece
  8. Mar 23, 2020
    A very surprising album by Childish Gambino. This is his 4th studio album and it also his best. This album isn't narrative like songs from his previous album or doesn't have a defined genre like his previous but it is his best-produced album to date. This album feels more experimental and some of Childish Gambino fans might not like this album more than his previous. I can understand whyA very surprising album by Childish Gambino. This is his 4th studio album and it also his best. This album isn't narrative like songs from his previous album or doesn't have a defined genre like his previous but it is his best-produced album to date. This album feels more experimental and some of Childish Gambino fans might not like this album more than his previous. I can understand why this album would get horrible reviews by many. It is such a weird album. A lot of the sounds on this album are unexpected. A lot of noises, singing, with some rapping throughout this entire album. Expand
  9. Mar 23, 2020
    9.5

This is the first true masterpiece of the 20s. 2020 is starting to look like a good year for music. First Eternal Atake, then a decent Weeknd album, an overlooked and severely unappreciated 070 shake album, and now this. Gambino glamorously creates sounds revolving around popular concepts on this album. The production is incredibly strong, unconventional, and honestly unexpected.
    9.5

Gambino glamorously creates sounds revolving around popular concepts on this album. The production is incredibly strong, unconventional, and honestly unexpected. Gambino always pushes the envelope and he has done the same here. I don’t even know what genre I would label this under (funk?). In my opinion, it’s a mixture of Awaken My Love, Yeezus, and a hint of Dark Side of the Moon. If Gambino were to retire from music, it would leave a gap in the industry when it comes to true creatives but this wouldn’t be a bad project to leave on.
  10. Mar 23, 2020
    Guys guys, it's dope and it's a great way to end his fictional name and start focusing on Donald. It's not really a goodbye, you can see it as a hello because this is the start of a new era for Glover. At first i was gonna rate this as the worst album of his career, but after a week my eyes suddenly opened up, this is gold. Could've used human sacrifce and the og intro of algorithm yes,Guys guys, it's dope and it's a great way to end his fictional name and start focusing on Donald. It's not really a goodbye, you can see it as a hello because this is the start of a new era for Glover. At first i was gonna rate this as the worst album of his career, but after a week my eyes suddenly opened up, this is gold. Could've used human sacrifce and the og intro of algorithm yes, that would've been perfection. Actually, i still don't dig little foot big foot and maybe another song outhere, so it's more like a 8.5/10, but i'll still give it a 9 Expand
  11. Mar 24, 2020
    A kaleidoscopic array of songs that sets you on a journey. This may be my favorite gambino album currently.
  12. Mar 24, 2020
    Grammy worthy fourth edition to Childish Gambino's expanding discography. experimental at times sweet and melodical at others. a true masterpiece and his best work to date
  13. Mar 23, 2020
    This is truly Childish Gambino's Yeezus right here. It sounds damn good!
  14. Mar 25, 2020
    Great album, very experimental sounds a lot like an Awaken my love and Yeezus mix.
  15. Mar 23, 2020
    There are very few albums that come out every once and a while that are considered artistic landmarks in the music world. For example,

2010: Kanye West- My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy 2012: Kendrick Lamar- Good Kid, m.A.A.d. City 2015: Kendrick Lamar- To Pimp A Butterfly 2016: Frank Ocean- Blonde. And now in 2020: Childish Gambino- 3.15.20 I firmly believe this album

2010: Kanye West- My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

2012: Kendrick Lamar- Good Kid, m.A.A.d. City

2015: Kendrick Lamar- To Pimp A Butterfly

2016: Frank Ocean- Blonde.

And now in 2020: Childish Gambino- 3.15.20

I firmly believe this album is among these landmark albums. Donald Glover has created an album that tells a story of discovering spiritual freedom and self liberation by breaking free of the algorithm that we have all been programmed the follow since birth.
  16. Mar 26, 2020
    Probably this is what I need to get through this quarantine, Gambino once again surprises us with this gem. Probably the best album so far.
  17. Mar 24, 2020
    To call this album abstract would be an understatement. This album is very weird and from a long time Gambino fan, seems to be very experimental. However, that doesn't take away from the overall quality of the project. This is one of Donald Glover's finest pieces of work. I would say it takes a bit of a learning curve to properly understand the album, but that adds to the complexity andTo call this album abstract would be an understatement. This album is very weird and from a long time Gambino fan, seems to be very experimental. However, that doesn't take away from the overall quality of the project. This is one of Donald Glover's finest pieces of work. I would say it takes a bit of a learning curve to properly understand the album, but that adds to the complexity and greatness of the album. This album is weird to be quite frank, but it's very eye-opening at the same time. It feels like drifting in the void when hearing the complex instrumentals that Glover uses, and when he adds his vocals, it creates a sense of surrealism that just layers so well into the production. This album is strange, but it is the perfect kind of strange, and right now is the perfect time for this album. While this quarantine is in place, let yourself drift into the void and experience this magnificent art by Glover. Expand
  18. Mar 25, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Easily the best and most experimental album Donald Glover has release. Personal, weird and beautiful Expand
  19. Mar 27, 2020
    love this one, its sounds good diverse and experimental, also features and glovers voice skills are god tier here
  20. Mar 29, 2020
    Great album boiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
  21. Mar 23, 2020
    Easily one of the best albums of the year. Maybe it doesn't have the same fluidity of other albums but that's what makes it so great it my opinion. Each song is like a completely different musical director for Donald. There's no way you could listen to this album and feel bored. Must listen.
  22. Mar 24, 2020
    Oof size large. What a truly great artistic achievement, and a swashbuckling finale to Gambino's discography.
  23. Mar 25, 2020
    Sorry but this album is a disappointment and its literally random sounds. The worst production ive ever heard.
  24. Mar 23, 2020
    Sounds intimate, has a good concept, good singing, production, made me truly smile, and I find myself very happy with this project.
  25. Mar 23, 2020
    An adventure jsjsshhsgahajjajahsjjsjaúhshsysudvsys7dhs hi uduwkeicjdiwjdid8fh39e9w0102736dxhbxsiwieudhw7e
  26. Mar 23, 2020
    This project is like **** in your ear for one hours, mixed with animal sounds and cringy lyrics.
  27. Mar 25, 2020
    In this allegedly ultimate project from Childish Gambino, 3.15.20 concludes it pretty well. The abrasive take on the experimentation doesn't seem to be favored by some hardcore fans, compared to the more smooth sounding approach on Awaken, My Love! but it outshines and steals the spotlight from the majority of tracks on the album. A handful of outros don't represent its song, but more of aIn this allegedly ultimate project from Childish Gambino, 3.15.20 concludes it pretty well. The abrasive take on the experimentation doesn't seem to be favored by some hardcore fans, compared to the more smooth sounding approach on Awaken, My Love! but it outshines and steals the spotlight from the majority of tracks on the album. A handful of outros don't represent its song, but more of a transition to its subsequent tracks; makes it harder to listen to each of them as a standalone track, but makes it more enjoyable as a concept album. Expand
  28. Mar 25, 2020
    Joyful, bold, and heartfelt, 3.15.20 sounds like a classic rock record for the modern age. It’s an epic musical statement with lush sounds and an endearing personality - with hints of Stevie Wonder, Steely Dan, Pink Floyd, and Kanye West. Music simply doesn’t get better than this.
  29. Mar 26, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I'm really digging the industrial, Gesaffelstein-ish vibe with Gambino's delightful pop harmonics and songwriting. His funk has gotten more dance-pop like Prince than the quasi-communal P-funk of "Awaken, My Love!". The immersive, "Around the World in a Day"-ish 24.19 is also great, but it was starting to get a bit too obvious at that point. But luckily he goes in all sorts of different directions after that.
    Do I hear truly new things here? I don't think so, but that's better than a hard "no". I mean the **** Nobel Prize to anyone who knows what the **** 35.31 is. But I think that's the thing: he throws a lot of creative ideas at you, but I don't think he fully explores them.
    I really felt "seven billion people trying to save themselves". Call me cheesy.

Spoiler:
    I love that he threw "Feels Like Summer" in there and gave it the same type of Aphex Twin-ish non-sensical track name so that you'd actually be surprised. (and I thought the spoiler button was useless for music)

Only major comeback this year I'm really happily surprised by - well, only one I'm even somewhat surprised by, because the rest started repeating what they did in the early '10s.
    "Time" is a personal favorite.
  30. Mar 25, 2020
    This is a terrible album. I was bored all the way in. Frist time I ended the entire album I tought "Well that was dissapointing" so i Re-Listen the entire album again with more attention, and I just cant beileve it was so bad.

It seems its a general feeling on all the fan base, at this moment the album has 6.0 of user score, and 9.1 on critics score, wichs says it all, PAID REVIEWERS.

As a fan of Donald, i think this is his worst musical expression.

It seems hes trying to get something "lo fi" "relaxing" "peacefull" and it sounds like a cheap copy of Mac Miller last album, (Circles).

Just dont understand whats the point of doing some "experiments" with elements you just dont belong.

I mean, look at Tyler The Creator, he experiments A LOT, but always knowing whats is he cappable of do, and each almbums feels like "A tyler work", but this Donald Glover experiment is like when Pharell sold his soul and just start to doing weird crazy things for money....
  31. Mar 28, 2020
    There are some great Ideas on here, but so much of it feels underdeveloped. Along with that, a few of these tracks I felt overstayed their welcome, and just drug out for way to long (ex. 24.19), and while I did like Time and 12.38, it felt like they were just taking way to long to finish. If anything, this album feels like a mixed bag, and while I want to like it more than I do, there'sThere are some great Ideas on here, but so much of it feels underdeveloped. Along with that, a few of these tracks I felt overstayed their welcome, and just drug out for way to long (ex. 24.19), and while I did like Time and 12.38, it felt like they were just taking way to long to finish. If anything, this album feels like a mixed bag, and while I want to like it more than I do, there's some glaring flaws that are a bit hard to ignore.

Favorite Tracks: Algorhythm, Time, 19.10, 42.26, 53.49
    Least Favorite Tracks: 0.00, 32.22
  32. Mar 24, 2020
    An experimental album that takes the ideas explored in "Awaken, My Love" and pushes them further, resulting in a beautiful send-off for the Childish Gambino moniker.
  33. Mar 24, 2020
    Most of this album is pseudo-experimentalism intended to disguise mediocre musical ideas.
  34. Mar 24, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This album was originally released last week via donaldgloverpresents it was 12 songs...and within 12 hours it was taken down....only to be released a week later at 12 on a Sunday...i don't know what all of this means but I do know that Mr.Glover loves coding....and this further adds to the mysterious vortex of beauty that this album is. There's elements of all his previous works here...but it's all refined. This is his last album as Gambino...and it's a hell of a swan song Expand
  35. Mar 26, 2020
    Una canción mejor que la otra, un álbum sin desperdicio para escuchar de principio a fin. Es increible la cantidad de géneros que maneja y lo bien que se complementan todos juntos en el álbum, una obra maestra de Donald, que se agradece especialmente porque vivimos en épocas dónde la instrumentos cada vez tiene menos protagonismo en la música, y este álbum está dotado de música. UnaUna canción mejor que la otra, un álbum sin desperdicio para escuchar de principio a fin. Es increible la cantidad de géneros que maneja y lo bien que se complementan todos juntos en el álbum, una obra maestra de Donald, que se agradece especialmente porque vivimos en épocas dónde la instrumentos cada vez tiene menos protagonismo en la música, y este álbum está dotado de música. Una genialidad Expand
  36. Mar 25, 2020
    Blown Out Production With Background Noises, Sometimes Cool Chord Progression And Soulful Singing, And Minimalistic Lyrics With Superficial Ideas That Aren't Dissected Enough, This Album Is Cohesive Only Sonically As Its Produced Mainly By DJ Dahi And Childish Himself, It's Barely Conceptual And Focused.
  37. Apr 2, 2020
    When we all thought categorizing Donald Glover's music in terms of genre was a hard thing to do (especially when albums like "because the internet" and "Awaken, My Love!" are present on his discography), you can tell this little challenge got impossible after this album released. The variety of sounds (ranging from 80s Synthpop, Funk, Soul, Rap, R&B, Bossa Nova and light nuances ofWhen we all thought categorizing Donald Glover's music in terms of genre was a hard thing to do (especially when albums like "because the internet" and "Awaken, My Love!" are present on his discography), you can tell this little challenge got impossible after this album released. The variety of sounds (ranging from 80s Synthpop, Funk, Soul, Rap, R&B, Bossa Nova and light nuances of Electronic), ideas & elements on this project, for it's most part, are very well executed, considering how enjoyable is the way he consistently displays his talent and charisma, especially as a rapper and singer. I know there's going to be a lot of interpretations on how this project works, from bottom to top, contextually wise, the way it resonates with what has been happening with the world recently (especially with the whole COVID-19 pandemic), merged with most lyrics about social injustice, paternity, the state of black culture, etc., is definitely something to think about as you play it more and more. Another highlight is how the feature guests on this album contributes to the song's ideas in such a natural and comfortable way (especially Ariana Grande's appearance on "Time", which was not only a great highlight, but also pretty surprising for me, especially if you compare what they did years ago on "Break Your Heart Right Back" to what they did on this track, which is definitely a huge improvement for both of them. Also, the way 21 Savage and SZA sounds on "12.38" is definitely something very hard to describe using words, to be very honest.), which reminds me of how the contributions from Kanye West, Solange, slowthai, Lil Uzi Vert, Playboi Carti, Jessy Wilson, Santigold, Pharrell Williams, Charlie Wilson, CeeLo Green and Jerrod Carmichael on Tyler, The Creator's "IGOR" worked in it's most cohesive way.
    Even tho "35.31" (also known as "Little Foot, Big Foot") is my least favorite song on this album in terms of song structure, the way Glover spoke about how is it like to be involved in a gang and the consequences that comes with it, was pretty vibrant and fun (mostly because of his vocal performance).

Overall, "3.15.20" is a great body of work with great ideas, concepts and tasteful soundscapes that carries a pretty bold statement about how you see things going on around you, as an artist and as a person. Despite it's cryptic aspect and aesthetic, which reminds me of what Kendrick Lamar did 4 years ago with his "untitled unmastered." EP, it can play the 2 sides of a coin, as his last album as Childish Gambino and his 1st album as Donald Glover, considering how layered and dense he tends to be.
  38. Apr 3, 2020
    lofi hip hop gambino - beats to relax/study to

Put this playlist on, listen, vibe out, relax, enjoy life, crack open a cold beverage, just chill.
  39. Mar 23, 2020
    Primitive melodic drawings. Superficial texts. Artless arrangements. Sounds like something unfinished. Unreasoned. Stolen.
  40. Mar 27, 2020
    It's the "Cherry Bomb" of Childish Gambino. You either gonna love it or hate it, but in my opinion
    3.15.20 includes all the best of Donald Glover, it feels like a huge mix made of his discography with elements from BTI and AML and even Camp! Of course it's not a 10, but those 0 in the reviews are just pathetic people.
  41. Mar 24, 2020
    One of his best albums. Feels like an accumulation of all his albums in one. Love the mysterious nature surrounding this album. Definitely one of the top albums of this year.
  42. Mar 31, 2020
    This album isn't bad, but it isn't something you want to return to in my opinion. The album feels like a mix-up of concepts and ideas. I can see the appeal for its sound and "vibe", but this album is for particular ear. That being said it sounds good, it's just not good enough for me to return the album for multiple listens.
  43. Mar 24, 2020
    Not much to say except it’s genuine masterpiece. The album opens up with a distorted “We Are.. We Are”. The track is exactly 3 minutes long and the distorted vocals never leave the track. The following track is “Algorhythm”. All of the bars are sung in a distorted, almost scary vocals with faint “oooohhhhs” in the backround. Then when the chorus hits, it hits hard making you bop your head.Not much to say except it’s genuine masterpiece. The album opens up with a distorted “We Are.. We Are”. The track is exactly 3 minutes long and the distorted vocals never leave the track. The following track is “Algorhythm”. All of the bars are sung in a distorted, almost scary vocals with faint “oooohhhhs” in the backround. Then when the chorus hits, it hits hard making you bop your head. Throughout the whole album, Gambino uses tons of distorted vocals and distorted sounds to create a unique sounds in which I’ve never heard before. This album is Gambino experimenting for 58 minutes. Overall, it’s a masterpiece. On first listen, it just sounds like noise with no substance. But after the second listen, you began to understand the develop of the theme. I don’t wanna spoil the theme if you haven’t listen to it yet. Expand
  44. Mar 24, 2020
    the well-aged, sleek version of Yeezus. this is truly the masterpiece that I've been waiting for so long.

production-wise, compostion-wise, this is one of the few kinds of music that is both original and compelling.
  45. Mar 26, 2020
    This is an extremely strong album conceptually and sonically, and it is in strong contention for 2020’s album of the year. Childish Gambino’s anthems for love and individual living will go down as some of his best, on an album that will age like a fine wine. If the Childish Gambino moniker is retired after this effort, it will not go quietly.

Universal acclaim - based on 14 Critic Reviews

1. Apr 1, 2020
    If one could argue that 3.15.20 reveals a growing penchant for Kanye-esque dilettantism—dipping its toes into Death Grips-style abrasion on one end, reaching out for touches of Tropical House, Frank Ocean, and sun-dappled Disney singalongs on the other—it’s all carried off with Glover’s winking confidence, not to mention a damn sight less narcissism than Yeezy.
  2. Mar 31, 2020
    Though Gambino takes himself a bit too seriously at times, 3.15.20's pleasant moments make up for his missteps.
  3. Mar 31, 2020
    At its best, the grooves have the funky plasticity of an electro-Prince, sprinkled with baffling but thought-provoking lyrics. At its laziest, it sounds like a mumble rapper warming up over a jam whilst doing throat exercises. It's got groove though, and enough mysterious depths to warrant further investigation if you should somehow find yourself stuck at home with nothing better to do.