• Record Label: N/A

Buy Now
Buy on

Review this album

1. Jan 14, 2022
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. CAPRISONGS (mixtape) by FKA twigs has a spirit of "pop" that retains all of her eclecticism and sadder undertones. Her lyricism and poetry edges to the brink of the mainstream but leaps back into experimentalism before getting too close to ordinariness. Sonically speaking - this mixtape is a combination of alternative r&b, (hyper)pop, electric and experimental. The production is at buoy of taking the risk and still sounding with creativity. Definitely, an upbeat and grower! Expand
  2. Jan 14, 2022
    an overall nice album, which was really powerful at times. however, i think that she has the potential to do a lot more. definitely worse than magdalene.
  3. Jan 14, 2022
    A great album from a great artist! She really talks herself in these songs and we are really thrilled to listen her.
  4. Jan 15, 2022
    Whilst I felt this release was much different from Magdalene, I still really enjoyed this release. I also felt the wide variety of collaborations was a nice edition, something that she has not done often before. The production was great, she just keeps doing amazing on each project!
  5. Jan 14, 2022
    FKA traz uma mixtape (que em sua maioria não é coesa) uma junção de emoções que só capricornianos, assim como eu, entendem.

Com colaborações no momento certo, a artista mostra que podemos ter um coração quebrado, chorar por isso e, acima de tudo, continuar tendo a elegância que somente nós temos. Fale sobre emoções e relacionamentos me remetem ao diálogo onde FKA ouve de, talvez, sua amiga: "eu gostaria que você visse o que vejo em você, ou melhor, o que todos veem". Existe algo mais poderoso que essa narrativa?

Trazer transições e interludes para uma mixtape pode ser algo estranho e desafiador, mas nada que seja difícil para a cantora britânica, já que ela traz várias dessas nesse novo projeto.

Destaque para "oh my love" e "careless", que exalam excelência em letra e produção, esbanjando vulnerabilidades.
  6. Jan 14, 2022
    In Caprisongs, Twigs guides us through a new and exciting journey of cure and selflove, using elements of astrology as statements of a stronger and happier version of herself. Mixing a lot of different genres and interesting features, Twigs definitely achieves her goal to communicate her feelings with the "outside"
  7. Jan 16, 2022
    Just for reference, this is my first Twigs album. Not that I have avoided her past works, but this is the first project I've gotten around to listening to...

With that in mind... I'm blown away! The soundscape of this record is so unlike what I typically connect with and that it makes it all the better, to lose yourself in... I see lots of comments saying this project is a bit less

I see lots of comments saying this project is a bit less conceptual than her works of past, but this really works for me in correlation with the fun and sporadic hyper pop production.

Twigs, does get in to some interpersonal struggles and there are some very perfectly placed audio dialogues throughout the project, that really flesh out the narrative.

Favorite songs are: Ride The Dragon, Meta Angel, Lightbeamers, Careless

I'm rating it a strong 8 to light 9
  8. Jan 18, 2022
    A bit on the pop side but that's not necessarily a bad thing. It's a fun "mistake".
  9. Jan 14, 2022
    silly songs for commercial purposes only. she always spoke very badly of pop style. disappointing
  10. Jan 20, 2022
    perfect, perfect, different sounds, amazing Fka Twigs. loved so much, such a cool mixtape
  11. Jan 25, 2022
    a good piece of work, I really enjoy it.. her most "mainstream" work but with bits of her past works.

my favs are:
    tears in the club
    jealousy
    ride the dragon
    Papi bones
    meta angel
  12. Jan 18, 2022
    It may not hit the dramatic highs of Magdalene and the featured artists on the album are unmemorable and unneeded, but Caprisongs still manages to fascinate with its high end, experimental production and its accessibility. It's Twigs' most digestible album yet and is a great stepping stone for more people to get to know the world's most off-kilter pop star.
  13. Jan 14, 2022
    Caprisongs [mixtape]:8/10
    Caprisongs [mixtape]:8/10
    Fka twigs has gone through alot. From her publicised break up with a certain dark knight to ovarian cysts she's always found therapy in her work. The enigmatic overlooked masterpiece "MAGDALENE " addressed and sometimes wallowed in those pains so after the explosive confession of the nature of her most recent relationship with the controversial transformers alumni Shia Labouf surfaced another devastating sequel to MAGDALENE was expected. Instead per her words she was exhausted of the black days and her pandemic mixtape would prioritise release and celebration, and that is exactly what "Caprisongs " is. It's distinctly twigs yet much more playful than anything she's released so far as evident in the bounty of cringe promo on her instagram this release is a funtime. It's moving on . The opener "ride the dragon " is reminiscent of her MELLISSA mixtape in how it falls together and apart rhythmically. The following "honda" features Pa Salieu fresh off of "send them to coventry " acclaim who further proves his skill in a few light-hearted bars. One of the early best moments come with "meta angel "which feels like a "MAGDALENE " outtake in the best of ways. Most of this mixtape feels like segmented pieces from her entire discography but they flow so well you're not overwhelmed by it's versatility. When the tracklist was revealed I was worried by the unprecedented amount of collaborators and feared what held back "holy terrain " would be duplicated 8 times on this mixtape even her single "tears in the club " felt underwhelming not in her performance but in Abels stale additions but in the context of the record it's impressive. She curates these features masterfully without overshadowing her own contributions or dulling the songs giving her most commercial release to date. "Papi bones" could easily be on a rihanna record as a fan favourite, it sounds lije the carribeans. Shygirl really elevates the tracks groove. "Which way" makes existentialism a comforting opportunity to grow instead of the plight it is. Club ready bangers with emotional checkpoints to take a breath. This is the first twigs release with spoken word interludes and they feel essential too not like skips such as the "pamplemousse" which features a excerpt of a fan pleading for an infamous dua lipa feature she just won't release or the speech about loving yourself inspite of harmful liaisons. Cheekily named as a portmanteau of her star sign and songs it already gives the impression of it being referential but also it being a mixtape gives more room to play around and that is exactly what will make this mixtape a standout in the year,it pushes boundaries but most importantly it's optimistic. Which is what we should want from our music in a time where we exist in a sequel to the pandemic.
  14. Jan 19, 2022
    these are 17 tracks of twigs smoothly experimenting & playing with different sounds & elements, it’s obviously the most fun she has ever had with a record before, brilliant.
  15. Jan 25, 2022
    This is the best album of 2022 so far. No skip except those interludes. I love FKA twigs's vocals here as well as the production. I love the transitions of verses on every songs. I just don't like the interludes. I think the album doesn't need those interludes. I felt like they're just redundancy. The album can stand perfectly without those 1-2 minute interludes. But overall, I really loveThis is the best album of 2022 so far. No skip except those interludes. I love FKA twigs's vocals here as well as the production. I love the transitions of verses on every songs. I just don't like the interludes. I think the album doesn't need those interludes. I felt like they're just redundancy. The album can stand perfectly without those 1-2 minute interludes. But overall, I really love this album so much. Expand
  16. Jan 20, 2022
    The mix of afrobeat, dancehall, trip hop, art pop, grime & rnb it sounds so good and all the songs has a similar feel but at the same time each one is different and has its own vibe. A great mixtape for sure and you can tell the caribbean influence!
  17. Jan 21, 2022
    A great R&B album with pop roots, it's fun and contemporary. It has the potential to attract the attention from the first listen. A different job for her. 8.5/10

Generally favorable reviews - based on 15 Critic Reviews

1. Jan 26, 2022
    It may lack some of the avant-garde experimentation and concepts of her full-lengths but after all she’s been through and all that she’s given us, CAPRISONGS feels like a victory lap.
  2. Jan 21, 2022
    The way Barnett shares tracks and experiences on Caprisongs makes it a more diffuse listening experience than her past releases, but it also brings a galvanizing openness to her music -- and suggests pain doesn't have to be her only muse.
  3. Jan 21, 2022
    The album is not only one that fans will cherish for years to come, but it will surely be the record that draws a whole new generation of fans into her deeply personal, and always captivating, world.