9.2

Review this album

1. May 21, 2020
    Carly mais uma vez trazendo um álbum à altura do que o pop merece com músicas excelentes
  2. May 22, 2020
    With this record (the B-sides of the fantastic Dedicated) Carly has given us another glittering, sophisticated masterpiece. Every Carly record is addictive, but there’s something particularly magnetic about this one; it’s doused in sun-kissed melancholy and yacht-rock luxury, and like all her records, it’s clean, tightly written, tightly produced, beautifully sad, beautifully romantic,With this record (the B-sides of the fantastic Dedicated) Carly has given us another glittering, sophisticated masterpiece. Every Carly record is addictive, but there’s something particularly magnetic about this one; it’s doused in sun-kissed melancholy and yacht-rock luxury, and like all her records, it’s clean, tightly written, tightly produced, beautifully sad, beautifully romantic, beautifully celebratory of love and life. While it may be called the B-Sides, this is a record that stands on its own, makes it own statement, offering some of the best Carly tracks to date (the notable standout being the Bleachers collaboration “Comeback” ). This release will make it even harder to determine just which Carly album is her greatest work. It’s a tough competition. Expand
  3. May 22, 2020
    Sweet, sensitive, relatable, candyfloss Dance Pop: it's all we need and want from Carly
  4. May 22, 2020
    Carly is extremely talented This is what they say got a 90s vibes so good and I am addicted with felt this way
  5. May 21, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Queen of Quality! Carly is amazing. Your música is funny , perfection and Delicious! Expand
  6. May 29, 2020
    It would be better if there were more songs to listen to, and there are some tracks which could’ve been left off, and stay away and felt this way could’ve been merged to form an even better song
  7. Iia
    May 29, 2020
    I really hope her next album sounds different from what Dedicated and the side B sounds like
  8. May 29, 2020
    I kind of wished she had another listening session to pick out another album of songs instead of picking ones that sound like “Let’s be friends”
  9. May 29, 2020
    Dedicated Side B has some god tier Carly tracks. Feels more carefree than anything she has released
  10. May 23, 2020
    Absolutely wonderful album. Blends the soaring, shimmering ballads of Emotion with the more mature sensibilities of Dedicated. Songs like Stay Away and Let's Sort the Whole Thing Out are energetic pop bangers, while the hazy, floaty synths of Comeback and the lax, bobbing arps in Now I Don't Hate California After All provide some valuable chill-out time.

A wonderful addition to Jepsen's

A wonderful addition to Jepsen's stellar discography.
  11. May 29, 2020
    Only Carly Rae Jepsen has the ability to make B-side albums sound better than most artists' A-side albums. I have to say it's on the same level as the side A (which is a testament on Carly's ability for making many great pop songs for a single album cycle), but Side A has the slight edge for me. I have to single out "Felt This Way" for being one of her best songs and thank God she wasOnly Carly Rae Jepsen has the ability to make B-side albums sound better than most artists' A-side albums. I have to say it's on the same level as the side A (which is a testament on Carly's ability for making many great pop songs for a single album cycle), but Side A has the slight edge for me. I have to single out "Felt This Way" for being one of her best songs and thank God she was somehow able to release it alongside "Stay Away". Meanwhile I think "Fake Mona Lisa" is Carly's most pointless song ever and shouldn't have been released here. Expand
  12. May 29, 2020
    Upbeat and packed with typical Carly tunes, Dedicated Side B is a fun listen with minimal skips. "This Love Isn't Crazy" is her shining opus from Side A & B.
  13. Jun 1, 2020
    GRANDE ATO POP. Sem sombra de duvidas um dos melhores álbuns que já ouvi. Bem Oitentista, coeso, puro, Dedicated Side B soa melhor que seu antecessor, qualquer faixa encaixaria bem como Hit atual, ma o mundo esta virado pro pop genérico.
  14. Jun 1, 2020
    Pretty much a flipped LP from Dedicated. ‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎
  15. May 24, 2020
    This album is so good. From the Lyrics to the melodies, Carly did it again!
  16. May 23, 2020
    THIS IS UNBELIEVABLE CARLY IS JUST GIVING US A SERVE AFTER SERVE SHE SUCH A MUSIC GENIUS ALSO SHE HAS THE PERFECTION ON EVERYTHING (LYRICS, PRODUCING, MUSIC VIDEOS, ETC) WATCHING HER GROWING SINCE KISS IS SO FABULOUS I ALSO HOPE SHE PUT "LET'S BE FRIENDS" ON THE ALBUM BUT IT'S OKAY I'M SO PROUD OF HER. Love. Light
  17. May 22, 2020
    Dedicated Side B é um sopro de vivacidade no pop atual. Ninguém faz pop como Carly Rae Jepsen faz. Espetacular, do início ao fim!
  18. May 24, 2020
    one of the greatest albums of 2020, the way she give us a taste of music of her own style but renewest, and all the concepts she took of the side A to add in the side B and made it a really side B
  19. May 29, 2020
    Dedicated Side B can be best described as a fusion between Emotion (the bops) and Dedicated (cohesiveness and overall sound). While I liked Dedicated, this feels like a definitive step up, and something that can compete with Emotion and Emotion Side B which have the advantage of nostalgia on their side. Amazing.
  20. May 21, 2020
    Carly sigue con su exquisito estilo de musica...cada album o cancion que saca son buenos
  21. May 22, 2020
    I AM SO IMPRESSED WITH THIS RECORD. Girl you’ve done it again. Raising the bar every damn time. I’m so happy! She’s grown so much just from one record to the next. She is so artistic and her songwriting and production on the record is flawless and there are literally no skips. I’m IN LOVE.
  22. May 31, 2020
    Que Deus dê muita vitalidade pra essa menina e muitos sides B porque o mundo precisa da sonoridade dela, mesmo que ele não saiba disso. Obrigado Carly Rae Jepsen!
  23. May 23, 2020
    Period, it’s a great album, she literally saved the year, every song is so happy and so well done produced
  24. May 22, 2020
    Despite being rejected to be released on the original album, Dedicated Side B still is a pop perfection especially with the bop from the start “This Love isn’t Crazy” will just make you dance your pants off real hard. Another bop would be “Fake Mona Lisa” this underrated Queen never disappoints us esp giving what we want during this period. We have nothing to ask for but to stan evenDespite being rejected to be released on the original album, Dedicated Side B still is a pop perfection especially with the bop from the start “This Love isn’t Crazy” will just make you dance your pants off real hard. Another bop would be “Fake Mona Lisa” this underrated Queen never disappoints us esp giving what we want during this period. We have nothing to ask for but to stan even harder! Expand
  25. May 23, 2020
    So much to love here. The partnerships with familiar producers like Patrik Berger on "Let's Sort the Whole Thing Out" showcase the best things about Carly's prolific content, exquisite vocals, capturing the essence of love's complications, yearning for connection, and hooks that worm their way into the brain the more you listen.

Writing and recording "Solo" with her ex James Flannigan

Writing and recording "Solo" with her ex James Flannigan must have been interesting, because wow did they create a killer anthem for dusting yourself off and putting life back together after losing a relationship.
  26. May 23, 2020
    Literally a great work of art, and she deserve everything hopefully people will listen to this as much as emotion side b
  27. Jun 1, 2020
    um dos melhores álbuns ano, sem dúvida. Carly faz um vdd pop perfection, o álbum tá cheio de músicas incríveis que me fizeram sentir como se eu tivesse voando numa nuvem kjkk as músicas são bem gostosinhas e maravilhosas
  28. May 24, 2020
    This pop masterpiece album is what we really need. It's fun, emotional and catchy.
  29. May 22, 2020
    It's a great album ...............................................................
  30. May 22, 2020
    When the world was suffering a hip-hop apocalypse and the death of pop music, she came to fix this mess and still does. After she released "Call Me Maybe" in the middle of bubblegum pop perfection reign back in 2012, I was sure that she would be remembered as a one-hit wonder; but the thirst to change the game and put out endless timeless songs was what truly define her essence. PosteriorWhen the world was suffering a hip-hop apocalypse and the death of pop music, she came to fix this mess and still does. After she released "Call Me Maybe" in the middle of bubblegum pop perfection reign back in 2012, I was sure that she would be remembered as a one-hit wonder; but the thirst to change the game and put out endless timeless songs was what truly define her essence. Posterior singles and collaborations from "Good Time" to the worldwide known "I Really Like You" showed her infinite creativity and ability to bring basic but very enjoyable pop music to its peak again. "Dedicated" is that peak of perfection. This new record makes my vision of the record even nicer since this synth-pop, Harajuku karaoke, Barbie end title song sound fits so well with her. The euphoria, delicacy and the love she has put in this, let me say re-edition album, is present in every single aspect. With moments to enjoy, dance, cry and let all that melancholy out, "Dedicated Side B" is one of the best records to be released in recent time that makes you wanna dance your anxiety away and forget about every problem there is in your head because you are holding hands and travelling to Mars only by looking in the eyes of your all-time lover while you contemplate the moon reflected in the Mediterranean sea in the best night July that may exist. Lord please give us the summer of 2020 we deserve, we need this album to be our summer soundtrack like "Melodrama" by Lorde was a couple years ago.
    In conclusion, Carly Rae Jepsen definitely is pop music, she is the game, she is the moment. Everybody say thank you to Carly.
  31. May 23, 2020
    Mais um álbum no qual Carly apresenta um trabalho autêntico e ao mesmo tempo com influências oitentistas. Uma artista é uma artista.
  32. May 29, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. There are a couple of standout tracks such as “Solo” and “Comeback”, with nice hooks and melodies to reel in the listener, in addition to some mediocre ones, like “Stay Away” and “Felt This Way”, that have nice chorus’ and introductions but the verses and bridges need more work. The rest of the album feels stale in general, with production that feels like it’s trying to capture two contrasting markets, one with people who listened to ABBA back in the day, and people who listen to contemporary artists who try to copy the 80’s but does a mediocre job, (see 1989 by Taylor Swift), it doesn’t really help you concentrate a fanbase. The album also felt really unmemorable compared to Jepsen’s EMOTION: Side B, as that EP could’ve stood alone with a different name since it has a separate tone that can differentiate it from it’s side a, and is memorable enough for people to recall specific lyrics/songs/melodies to be successful critical and commercially with a little more promotion, meanwhile Dedicated Side B feels like a collection of songs that deserved to be scrapped, unlike EMOTION: Side B, this album lives up to its “Side B” name. Adding on to the stale production, the melodies feel way to “sarcastic” to be serious pop songs, take for example “Let’s Sort The Whole Thing Out” and “Let’s Be Friends”, which one is supposed to be serious, or are they both sarcastic? Finally, the production in general feels a little dramatic, almost like you’re starting in a broadway show, which isn’t something I like personally, and there are a handful of exceptions which don’t use that tone, but even then those handful have plain verses and such. Expand
  33. May 27, 2020
    carly is my GBF's "mother",and this is epic,we love u carly,hope all of u could enjoy this record,PERIOD
  34. May 31, 2020
    there is no reason why we don't recognize her as a great artist. pop perfection since the first album
  35. May 21, 2020
    a song for every mood, excellent production and shooting vocals. i cant explain how this feels in comparison to the original Dedicated, but this one sure feels more dreamy, i love every song on the album!
  36. May 22, 2020
    A very solid album. Carly Rae has done it once again. No skips, all bops; just what we need during this pandemic.
  37. May 22, 2020
    Album of the year! This is so good!! Miss Carly Rae Jepsen never disappointes us!!
  38. May 22, 2020
    Carly Rae Jepsen’s mastery of escapist pop music is reaffirmed on her latest release, Dedicated Side B. The album intertwines synthpop bangers like Solo and This Love Isn’t Crazy with tender tracks such as Heartbeat and Comeback. Jepsen maintains her formulaic approach to pop music while also experimenting with the indie pop sounds of Bleacher’s Jack Antonoff who has produced some of theCarly Rae Jepsen’s mastery of escapist pop music is reaffirmed on her latest release, Dedicated Side B. The album intertwines synthpop bangers like Solo and This Love Isn’t Crazy with tender tracks such as Heartbeat and Comeback. Jepsen maintains her formulaic approach to pop music while also experimenting with the indie pop sounds of Bleacher’s Jack Antonoff who has produced some of the greatest pop records of this past decade. With Dedicated Side B, Jepsen invites her listeners to leave behind a chaotic world and to take a dive into her world of escapist pop music.

The album kicks off with the dance pop anthem This Love Isn’t Crazy which is followed by the precisely produced Window. The latter track sees Jepsen asking her love interest to leave a window open for her as she did for them on Want You In My Room from last year’s Dedicated. The production on Felt This Way is pulled back to accentuate Jepsen’s delicate vocals and intelligent lyricism. Stay Away and This Is What They Say complement each other as both tracks are fully produced upbeat synth pop anthems that discuss love, desire, and romantic attraction. The production and lyricism on Heartbeat is reminiscent of the track All That from Emotion (2015). Both tracks find Jepsen wishing that the attraction she feels for her love interest is reciprocal. The production on the two tracks is pulled back, slowed down, and instantly atmospheric.

If I could recommend only one song to listeners it would be the short, sweet, and slightly sultry Fake Mona Lisa. Jepsen sings about a lover born in Vegas whom she can’t quite forget after a physically intimate encounter. Jepsen’s lyricism is imaginative, enticing, and even somewhat sexy. The final line of the chorus finds Jepsen singing, “Don’t know how to swim, but let’s breathe underwater." Jepsen released Dedicated Side B at a time when the world feels like it may be sliding underwater. Jepsen invites her audience to momentarily step away from the fray and to dive into her world of escapist pop music where her listeners too can breathe underwater.
  39. May 22, 2020
    The best album of 2020 so far. Catchy choruses, relatable lyrics, incredibly well produced melodies (knowing this is only a “side b”) and the I-dont-know-what that Carly always brings to her music creations! Love and pop as its purest forms; all the songs explain what it is to feel “dedicated”.
  40. May 22, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This whole album is amazing, all track is worth to listen, or should i said this album is better than the original dedicated that was released on 2019 Expand
  41. May 23, 2020
    As always, Carly Rae Jepsen is serving an album pure pop perfection! Saved pop music.
  42. Jun 14, 2020
    Love this! I kinda feel guilty that I like this more than the main album. Almost all the tracks I loved from the first listen. I love the use of the same lyrics for Felt This Way and Stay Away. I feel like it gives a glimpse of the process of her making music. I feel like they(her and other writers/producers) were playing around with lyrics from a rejected song and kept changing things andLove this! I kinda feel guilty that I like this more than the main album. Almost all the tracks I loved from the first listen. I love the use of the same lyrics for Felt This Way and Stay Away. I feel like it gives a glimpse of the process of her making music. I feel like they(her and other writers/producers) were playing around with lyrics from a rejected song and kept changing things and they led to these songs. I hope she continues to release side bs of her future projects. Expand
  43. May 23, 2020
    This is a masterpiece!! Carly is serving her best in her best album to date!! I can't stop listening!
  44. May 26, 2020
    Extremely fun, short and simple. It’s the perfect little sister to the masterpiece that is Dedicated. Thanks Carly!
  45. May 26, 2020
    One of the best albums I've heard in a while, loved the 80s influence in this, definitely an amazing album.
  46. May 26, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Dedicated Side B; is more upbeat, energetic, and memorable than it’s counterpart, featuring hoow-laden verses web explosive choruses.
    Carly Rae Jepsen, good album!
  47. May 28, 2020
    It is a decently good album with one or two standout tracks but against Dedicated Side A it is disappointing.
  48. May 28, 2020
    e vamos de old...
    mais uma vez a carly SALVANDO O POP
    extremamente talentosa e esperta.
  49. Jun 6, 2020
    This is a near-perfect pop album. Rather than just outtakes/throwaways from the parent album, Dedicated Side B poses more as a companion album to 2019's Dedicated. Both albums are two halves of the same story -- with "Side B" detailing the initial rush & fear of falling in love with someone while Side A explores the themes of what it means to be in love and to be fully devoted to thatThis is a near-perfect pop album. Rather than just outtakes/throwaways from the parent album, Dedicated Side B poses more as a companion album to 2019's Dedicated. Both albums are two halves of the same story -- with "Side B" detailing the initial rush & fear of falling in love with someone while Side A explores the themes of what it means to be in love and to be fully devoted to that person. Side B fills in on what Side A might've lacked, with explosive bombastic lush choruses and a more upbeat pop nature in contrast to the more chilled-vibey moments on Side A. While this album is labeled as a B sides album, this project can hold it's own as a complete and cohesive stand-alone body of work.

The album begins with "This Love Isn't Crazy", a pop banger that calls us back to the perfected "Carly Rae Jepsen" pop song formula -- quirky verses that build into an massive chorus. Thematically, as the album progresses track by track, we can hear Carly's hesitation with new love and how she finds herself falling more & more. We see a side of Carly that she often doesn't show us in her music with Heartbeat, a vulnerable pop ballad about the fear of someone actually getting to know you. Within the album, we hear two tracks with the same lyrics but entirely different meanings due to the way she performs them. On "Felt This Way", we hear the standard softer side of Carly, but on "Stay Away, she juxtapositions the track to be more sensual and lust-heavy.

On this album, Carly takes us on an emotional roller coaster with songs like "Let's Sort The Whole Thing Out" that never fail to make me smile upon the moment they begin and more somber, introspective moments like "Comeback" featuring long-time collaborator and friend, Jack Antonoff (Credited as Bleachers). Regardless of what song you land on, you will be dancing.

It's hard for me to decide which album, Dedicated or Dedicated Side B, is better. They both are so different and yet, compliment each other perfectly. For now, I'm satisfied with saying that Carly Rae Jepsen has done it again: she made another perfect pop album to add to her catalog.
  50. Jul 11, 2020
    EP of the year. Carly never dissapoints and dedicated side b is packed with catchy tunes and great beidges. I'd even say it's better than dedicated itself

Generally favorable reviews - based on 7 Critic Reviews

1. Jun 5, 2020
    Dedicated Side B is just as heartwarming, fun, and catchy -- in other words, more of what Carly Rae Jepsen fans have come to know and love.
  2. Jun 4, 2020
    The dozen songs that comprise Dedicated Side B, all leftovers from the original recording sessions, are less musically adventurous than those particular tracks, but they double down on pillow talk, lending the album a uniformity that its predecessor lacked.
  3. May 28, 2020
    While Jepsen makes B-sides markedly better than other artists’ A-sides, she can still falter; some points feel like kissing a crush for the first time and missing the spark.