6.6

Buy Now
Buy on

Review this album

1. Jan 14, 2022
    Signature Bonobo sound, familiar from the first seconds you hear it.
    He’s playing safe and does what he known best for: masterful blending of warm dancy electronic with some ethnic and vocal pieces. Jordan Rakei track is especially beautiful.
    Solid 8/10
  2. Feb 26, 2022
    the feat with joji is the best song on the album, i also loved tides, it's a really good album
  3. Jan 14, 2022
    Bonobo is not re-inventing the wheel here but he's doing what he does best: creating atmospherical music, somewhere between Downtempo and Deep House.
  4. Jan 25, 2022
    Honestly I am not a fan of EDM albums with no lyrical contents. And Fragments is one of those album. I love the production but can't really grasp every single tracks especially those with no lyrics.
  5. Jan 22, 2022
    I've been a huge Bonobo fan since 2013, when I found myself at one of his DJ sets. I fell in love with his very unique sound, using bass influenced grooves and melodies to drive the feeling of his music...

While I do find this project to be playing it on the safe side a bit, Fragments does not disappoint. The features on this album are like if Simon asked me, "Who do you want to hear over my production?" Jamila Woods, Jordan Rakei, and Joji, all mesh so perfectly with his style and their voices blend nicely into the rest of the mix.

The grooves on this album, while not overly experimental or groundbreaking, leave a lot to be discovered upon further listens of the project.

I'm giving it a strong 7 to light 8

Generally favorable reviews - based on 16 Critic Reviews

1. Feb 21, 2022
    It's a case of every sound in its right place, every idea developed in a way that is thoughtful and skillfully executed at best and pretty at worst, every track clearing that rather translucent bar that separates “that was boring” from “that was nice”.
  2. Jan 25, 2022
    A reflection of its creator’s state of mind, Fragments is the perfect soundtrack to re-entry into normalcy after an extended stressful period.
  3. Jan 21, 2022
    Fragments sounds too much like a victory lap to feel like a compelling artistic statement. There’s nothing wrong with being accessible, but Fragments just doesn’t bring enough new ideas to the table. The album represents a rare step back from one of the 21st century’s leading electronic luminaries.