• Record Label: Parkwood
  • Release Date: Apr 17, 2019
8.2

Review this album

1. Apr 20, 2019
    The greatest performer of all time released a live album of the greatest performance of all time, what else is there to say? Pure excellence.
  2. Apr 23, 2019
    Mrs. Carter did it again! This album showcases EXCELLENCE, not only did she school the mostly white coachella audience (I include myself there) about HBCUs and stepping but she did it while performing one of the most entertaining concerts of all time!!! The transition from Crazy in Love to Freedom is mindblowing, the horns keep old music fresh-sounding and everything just comes togetherMrs. Carter did it again! This album showcases EXCELLENCE, not only did she school the mostly white coachella audience (I include myself there) about HBCUs and stepping but she did it while performing one of the most entertaining concerts of all time!!! The transition from Crazy in Love to Freedom is mindblowing, the horns keep old music fresh-sounding and everything just comes together seamlessly. I love it. Expand
  3. Apr 23, 2019
    Wow, one of her best bodies of work yet. I don’t understand how a live album sounds as cohesive as it does. The transitions are beautiful. Must list!
  4. Apr 24, 2019
    An inventive and potently black performance at the whitest, most mainstream festival in the world, forever immortalised in audio/visual form. Pure affirmation that Beyoncé is the performer of a generation, if not of all time, as well as a creative monolith the industry is yet to seriously challenge.
  5. May 25, 2019
    For those who didn't watch the entire documentary like me, it's difficult to capture the concept of the album. Even conceptually ample and provocative, Homecoming stumbles on a number of minor flaws. Originally thought of as a documentary for Netflix, the work depends on the complement of the images so that certain record interactions make sense. An example of this is in Bug a Boo RollFor those who didn't watch the entire documentary like me, it's difficult to capture the concept of the album. Even conceptually ample and provocative, Homecoming stumbles on a number of minor flaws. Originally thought of as a documentary for Netflix, the work depends on the complement of the images so that certain record interactions make sense. An example of this is in Bug a Boo Roll Call, purely imagistic creation and that part of the choreographed movement of its directors to capture the attention of the public. The very act of opening the work, with Beyoncé parading as an African goddess on stage, works only in the visual composition of the work, making the listener's experience partially incomplete. There are still problems of recording instruments and voices in the first half of the work, drastically reducing the scope of arrangements and verses released by the singer. A grandiose and essentially complex exercise that at the close of the last verse makes us wonder: what's next, Beyoncé? Expand
  6. Apr 23, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Es una combinación perfecta entre el carisma, poder, empoderamiento, esfuerzo, disciplina y ética profesional. La máxima exponente en la actualidad derrochando talento sobre el escenario con una voz impecable y unos bailes que pasaron a la historia. Expand
  7. Apr 23, 2019
    É um dos melhores live álbum de todos os tempos, principalmente porque mostra que a versão estúdio não está de igual para o vivo
  8. Apr 24, 2019
    A lot of the hive already had the legendary Beychella audio but nothing compares to a project straight from the queen herself. Of course being the audio from the legendary performance albums was already going to be grand. But it’s the additions of Blue Ivy’s vocals, the cover of Before I Let Go and the first official release of I Been On is what really pushes this album over the edge.A lot of the hive already had the legendary Beychella audio but nothing compares to a project straight from the queen herself. Of course being the audio from the legendary performance albums was already going to be grand. But it’s the additions of Blue Ivy’s vocals, the cover of Before I Let Go and the first official release of I Been On is what really pushes this album over the edge. Another masterful job done by Beyoncé Expand
  9. Apr 23, 2019
    It was amazing. The incorporation of the marching band instruments into an amazing catalog of songs with such an amazing performer. It doesn't get better.
  10. Apr 24, 2019
    Beyoncé had one of the best performances of all time and graced us with the live album. Intense vocals and choreography and never missed a beat or note while culturally educating everyone. This woman is truly a machine, undeniably the hardest working and one of the best performers of all time. Undeniable!
  11. Apr 24, 2019
    Ladies and gentleman, we're witnessing history being made. Beyoncé is a **** legend!
  12. Apr 24, 2019
    Who else is doing this 22 years in the game? NOBODY! Beyoncé is that b*tch, period!
  13. Apr 19, 2019
    The new arrangements, the transitions between the songs are amazing. It's a show of creativite!
  14. Apr 18, 2019
    The setlist, the energy, the greatness and the quality of the audio, video and directing are what make this film perfect. This woman created her own lane.
  15. Apr 22, 2019
    So intense and inspiring. Proud to live in a time when we can be represented by a genuine artist. Largest living artist. Extremely legendary!
  16. Apr 19, 2019
    Beyoncé continues to lead the charge of Pop stars that are no longer content on being mere idols to many but are more focused on their legacies and the people they inspire and uplift. Like She rightfully said 'I have a responsibility to do what's right and not what's most popular'. Her adoration of HBCU's and black excellence is very well placed and touching! She takes great delight andBeyoncé continues to lead the charge of Pop stars that are no longer content on being mere idols to many but are more focused on their legacies and the people they inspire and uplift. Like She rightfully said 'I have a responsibility to do what's right and not what's most popular'. Her adoration of HBCU's and black excellence is very well placed and touching! She takes great delight and great pride in her history and her craft and that's what sets her apart! This is a woman who continues to gamble with her career and come out on top every time. She may ruffle a few feathers but that's ok, visionaries and selfless individuals normally do when they force the general public to think. There are many who are quietly waiting on this legends downfall, as I've seen misguided fans of other lazy Popstars begging her to step aside so her younger peers can shine. However it's moments like this remind us how superior she is and begs the question, WHY SHOULD SHE STEP ASIDE? Work ethic and drive is everything as well as having an understanding of one's self that goes way beyond the superficial and radio hits. She's a perfectionist whose talent, drive, and mastery over her craft remains unmatched and that simply cannot be replaced by mediocrity. HOMECOMING reminds us why we loved Beyoncé in the first place. We keep setting peaks for her with each new and iconic release, and she keeps smashing those barriers of limits placed upon her. Can't wait to see what the future brings! Beyoncé Giselle Knowles-Carter is a super Storm riding a tide of endless creativity. Music's rightful heir has more than earned her throne, a throne that will not be sullied by laziness. Hard work has been her bread and butter for many years Expand
  17. Apr 23, 2019
    esse album eh completamente perfeito!! a melhor coisa q a beyonce ja pagou pra alguem produzir pra ela. parabens corna do texas, sem defeitos!!
  18. Apr 21, 2019
    This shattering collage of her work proves she is one of the most formidable and talented artists in the world. Beyoncé and all the other performers from this show should feel so proud of what they have accomplished. We are so lucky to be alive in this era. Beyoncé is a god. THANK YOU BEYONCÉ.
  19. Apr 19, 2019
    Beyoncé once again proved to be the greatest living artist on the planet! In this well-crafted album, she brought a new form to her great classics and even gifted the fans with a new song. What we have left is always to thank for living at the same time as Beyoncé.
  20. Apr 19, 2019
    É incrível como mesmo sem trazer nenhum música efetivamente nova o album soa como algo que nós nunca ouvimos. A mudança nos arranjos fizeram toda diferença e os vocais provaram por que Beyoncé hoje é sinônimo de potência vocal
  21. Apr 18, 2019
    Her live music is always amazing. Truly one of the best live albums to be delivered in along time. Loving every minute of it.
  22. Apr 19, 2019
    The greatest coachella performance in history surely deserved it's own live album and Beyoncé completely nailed it, especially by including bonus tracks.
  23. Apr 26, 2019
    Beyonce's new surprise release has the most appropriate title: It is a triumphant compilation of her already iconic performance at Coachella in 2018 which reminds its listeners that when it comes to live performances, no one in the industry can do it as she does. Welcome Back!
  24. May 22, 2019
    Overrated. I do not understand how they say it's good music, when it's not.
  25. May 2, 2019
    This is truly a massive achievement for both Beyoncé and our culture. A moment that crowns her magnificent career so far and leaves us craving for more.
  26. Apr 23, 2019
    Somehow Beyonce manages to make songs better live than the studio version. She's that girl!
  27. Apr 19, 2019
    a career-best live album for the ages - a rare look into the exclusive artistry that is Beyonce performing live.
  28. Apr 25, 2019
    Beyoncé, continues with her strong legacy and being one of the most complete artists of that time. But it's all the same, I do not see anything new or even improvised! She has a fortissima vocation that brings a good expression while watching and listening.
  29. Apr 18, 2019
    I love her! This was such a great album. So proud of her and her talents! This was my favorite from her so far.
  30. May 23, 2019
    um show extremamente lendário de um artista mais lendária ainda, passo mal com a maior artista dos últimos tempos.
  31. Apr 23, 2019
    let's all not laugh to ourselves she delivered the performance of a life time i bet 20 years from now people will look back at it and say that was semething else
  32. Apr 24, 2019
    Definitely THE best live release of all time–song or album. Homecoming has everything– amazing instrumentation, legendary transitions, and mixes that make you want to dance to every beat. Beyoncé not only knocked the ball out of the park with this masterpiece, but she also destroyed the park.
  33. Apr 25, 2019
    I love this album. its representing everything in one women. All the songs are amazing I cannot stop listening it. Love Beyonce
  34. May 3, 2019
    Following her iconic Coachella performance, Beyonce provides a live album of the historic showcase as a greatest hits albums with all her best hits being remastered and instrumentals rearranged. From beginning to end, Homecoming: The Live Album takes you on a journey of her 2 hour journey of her 20 year musical career. With this we see the reminiscence of Beyonce from the lead ofFollowing her iconic Coachella performance, Beyonce provides a live album of the historic showcase as a greatest hits albums with all her best hits being remastered and instrumentals rearranged. From beginning to end, Homecoming: The Live Album takes you on a journey of her 2 hour journey of her 20 year musical career. With this we see the reminiscence of Beyonce from the lead of Destiny's Child to the mega superstar. This album is brilliant from start to finish with interludes keeping you intrigued throughout your listen. A masterpiece and instant classic! Expand
  35. May 4, 2019
    A show that is already marked in the world's music history. More than a collection of hits, she talked about racial segregation and sexism.

1. Apr 23, 2019
    Beyoncé’s ambitions outstrip those of her peers. ... Yes, Homecoming is one of the greatest live albums ever. If nothing else, the intention behind her performance makes it so. ... So much action. So many cues and rhythms, so much narrative momentum. Its melodic and rhythmic quotes need footnotes to fully absorb, and her voice resonates with history. Still, calling it the best live album of all time may be a stretch. ... Hell if I know, but it ranks way, way up there. ... So yeah, it’s fair to say that Beyoncé, and this work, is genius.
  2. Apr 23, 2019
    Not only is Homecoming an artistically-sound triumph, it’s a cultural touchstone and, quite possibly, the live album of a generation.
  3. Apr 23, 2019
    As far as concert albums go, Homecoming is a master class in technical prowess, crowd pleasing, and soulful substance. Channeling the spirit of African queen Nefertiti (whose image she adopted for this show), Beyoncé proved to be a ruler in her own right, lording over Coachella for two career-defining nights.