7.8

Review this album

1. Apr 30, 2021
    This is a very good debut album by a very good empowering queer Norwegian artist.
  2. Apr 30, 2021
    such an amazing album cant wait to get a physical copy of it yeah lol okay!
  3. May 3, 2021
    this is the type of music you vibe to when you're a fourteen-year-old struggling with one's self and the world around in the most superficial way possible. girl in red should stay in tumblr.
  4. May 1, 2021
    I almost let this one pass because I was not a big fan of Marie before. But I decided to give it a chance and do not regret it at all. This album is cohesive and so easy on the ear. The songs are deeply touching and def makes you feel things. Note: the songwriting is so f**king amazing and the fact that this girl did it all by herself makes it even better.
  5. May 2, 2021
    Final verdict: While Marie obviously has talent, this record feels like a mess of ideas and cool vibes that might sometimes work as standalone tracks, but as an album, they’re a concoction of unorganized thoughts that seem artsy and cool, but just dont stand out much. I think this is a Light 6/10

What do you think of this album. If you hated this review, feel free to dislike, I won’t mind, but If you liked it, please do like and subscribe for more reviews.

Favorite tracks: Hornylovesickmess, You Stupid **** Rue, Body And Mind

Least Favorite: It Would Feel Like This, Apartment 402, Midnight Love
  6. May 4, 2021
    En álbum en general esta bien producido y escrito. El problema es que se nota demasiado el esfuerzo para apuntar al típico público pre púber que se siente incomprendido, único y especial, lo que lo hace muy poco significativo para las demás personas.
  7. May 2, 2021
    A very great debut album, the songwriting, the production, the album artwork etc. Midnight love would be my personal favorite off the album, but it has no bad tracks whatsoever, the production reminds me of early 2010s music and I love that. Highly recommend.

Universal acclaim - based on 12 Critic Reviews

Ulven’s vocals are rendered dreamily, almost inspirationally, over guitars that slash and throb in the manner of loud 1990s indie rock. Her boldness and defiance is taking on new shades.
  2. May 5, 2021
    While if i could make it go quiet is an occasionally uneven listen, it’s a strong declaration of conviction. Although Ulven is still fine-tuning her approach, her eagerness to explore hints at promising potential.
    Where before there was a too-raw frailty to some of Ulven’s music, now she has hit a bold, gleeful stride in which diaristic splurge has become writing; and music, not merely a vector for venting, but a place in which to tame noise into sounds that benefit her.