8.2

Review this album

1. Feb 23, 2015
    My, oh, MY! Periphery outdid themselves again! This album (along with the second part 'Juggernaut: Omega') is one of the best I've heard this start of the year! Once again, combining aggressivity along with melody and beautiful guitar sounds, driven all the way by the powerful lyrics proves that there is always time to get into the modern world and keep what makes a genre great. Amazing,My, oh, MY! Periphery outdid themselves again! This album (along with the second part 'Juggernaut: Omega') is one of the best I've heard this start of the year! Once again, combining aggressivity along with melody and beautiful guitar sounds, driven all the way by the powerful lyrics proves that there is always time to get into the modern world and keep what makes a genre great. Amazing, well-composed songs, with sounds made to hook you from the second you turn the album on and incredible performances by each and every one of the band members, is what this album is. I have to say, I liked it even MORE than 2012's 'This Time It's Personal!'. For all of these reasons, I would like to award this masterpiece a score of 9 out of 10. Expand

1. Kerrang!
    Feb 2, 2015
    Alpha and Rainbow Gravity are the sound of a band in complete control of their sonic destiny, reining in those djenty riffs for more cinematic musings that quickly unravel into modern metal anthems. [17 Jan 2015, p.54]
  2. Alternative Press
    Feb 2, 2015
    No matter how far they push their boundaries, the songs remain catchy. [Feb 2015, p.91]
  3. Feb 2, 2015
    Alpha is the brighter and longer disc of the two, varied in its execution by walking a line between challenging, progressive moments and more accessible fare.