7.7

Review this album

1. Sep 17, 2013
    Loud Like Love isn't edgy like Meds or Battle for the Sun; its approach is more of a pop album than a rock album, although some tracks are very guitar heavy. There is a lot of piano in this album, as well as great keyboard backing. Brian's voice is as strong as its ever been, and I think that although this album has a totally different feel, it feels totally natural.
  2. Sep 18, 2013
    The best album of Placebo, better than Battle for the sun and Meds, this album have at least five epic musics: A million little pieces, Loud like love, scene of crime, rob the bank and hold on to me.
  3. Nov 19, 2013
    Great album, however it did take me a couple of listens to realise that yes, this is a good album! Battle For The Sun was more in your face, if you like. Whereas this is more subtle, pulling at your arm to try and get you to listen closer to the lyrics, as simple as they seem, the deeper they run.
  4. Nov 22, 2013
    This album is the result of a mature and intelligent band. I don´t understand why some of the "specialized" criteria here are so blind to see that this is a great piece of music. Congratulations, Placebo, you have done a great work because this album is full of heart and dedication. Thanks for this gift for people who love True music.
  5. Oct 1, 2013
    Loud Like Love is really one of Placebo's best albums!I could never believe that the band I loved a few years ago could make such a masterpiece again...Maybe because I didn't enjoy Battle For The Sun that much I guess.The weirdest thing ever is that fans think it's one of their best but "critics" seem to hate it.Yes...weird as you my band!
  6. Jan 31, 2014
    I think this is one of the best albums they have, if not their actual best. This is the result of a mature and experienced band containing all the elements of the band from their beginning till present. All their experience put together in one album. Love it !
  7. Feb 5, 2014
    Similar to Meds, but better. Absolutely Love Loud Like Love and Too Many Friends. Some upbeat joyful stuff, but also some reflective melancholy music as well. Too many Friends would be Just that - Melancholy but up beat! Awesome!
  8. Feb 11, 2014
    Highly addictive, beautifully mature and so Placebo. Can't stop listening to Bosco and A Million Little Pieces. The Loud Like Love is another amazing piece of art that can't disappoint the long time fens.

1. Jan 27, 2014
    [Placebo is now] sounding modern and sneakingly world-beating. [Oct 2013, p.109]
    While this album is unlikely to win them many new fans at this stage, there's plenty of the old charm twinkling away to get fans back on board their wonderfully strange little ship. [Oct 2013, p.89]
  3. Sep 30, 2013
    Lyrically it’s weak, and the over-polished studio buffing does nothing to emancipate the blueprint that is, essentially, the same as it was 17 years ago.