9.0

Review this album

1. Nov 13, 2019
    I'll start off by saying that this is a very good album. However, I feel like I'm listening to a completely different album from everyone else rating this thing a 10/10. Show anyone 'fallen alien' and I bet they wouldn't be able to get to the end of that song. it is trash. Thankfully, it is the only trash song on the album. 'cellophane' will go down as one of the best songs of the decadeI'll start off by saying that this is a very good album. However, I feel like I'm listening to a completely different album from everyone else rating this thing a 10/10. Show anyone 'fallen alien' and I bet they wouldn't be able to get to the end of that song. it is trash. Thankfully, it is the only trash song on the album. 'cellophane' will go down as one of the best songs of the decade and the intro track does a very good job of reintroducing someone to 'FKA Twigs' since she hasn't released an album in five years. Even though 'fallen alien' is the only trash song, there are still plenty of problems I still have with this album. It's aesthetic is grand and capable of providing an album of 60 minutes. Instead, it only grasps the 38 minute mark. I need more 'Twigs', I beg you! 'sad day' is another song that is pretty average. It's instrumental is great but 'Twigs' is a bit too repetitive, same with 'daybed' and 'mary magdalene'. 'Future' kinda ruins bits of 'holy terrain' but 'Twigs' performance on that track is amazing. Overall, it's hard to judge this album as some of these songs are amazing while others feel very repetitive. I hope 'Twigs' does not take another five years to release her next album and if 'Arca' could produce the next one that would be great too! Expand
  2. Nov 8, 2019
    ALBUM OF THE YEAR!!!!

years ago i experienced something that has traumatised me til this very day, and this album was the first time i ever felt like i had control of it. thank you fka twigs for being a saviour.
  3. Nov 8, 2019
    What the hell ist this? Thanks Twigs for turning **** people did to you into gold. I loved every single song. Daybed is something... one of my favorites.
  4. Nov 8, 2019
    A wonderfully crafted record that shows a complete new side of twigs: vulnerability, pain, heartbreak. All these so called imperfections make the album a force to be reckoned with.
  5. Nov 8, 2019
    This is a beautiful piece of work. I am sure not many people would like this and appreciate how substantive MAGDALENE is, because this is a completely different album compared to LP1. It really is the detail and the emotions put into the vocals and the production that make this an exceptional piece. I suggest listeners to give this album patience and devote this album some peace and quietThis is a beautiful piece of work. I am sure not many people would like this and appreciate how substantive MAGDALENE is, because this is a completely different album compared to LP1. It really is the detail and the emotions put into the vocals and the production that make this an exceptional piece. I suggest listeners to give this album patience and devote this album some peace and quiet and space to listen to, as it is sonically really difficult to digest, especially if one is used to the sound on the adventurous LP1.
    Highlights: thousand eyes, home with you, mary magdalene, fallen alien
  6. Nov 8, 2019
    Magdalene is a beautiful masterpiece at Bjork level. This album is one of my favorite releases in 2019.
  7. Nov 11, 2019
    Quite possibly album of the year. Some of the production seriously reminds me of Melodrama and Masseduction. These 'M'-starting albums seem to be these three artist's magnum opus works. Insightful lyrics, interesting production, and a cohesive body of work.
  8. Nov 9, 2019
    Definitely, album of the year. Twigs is always delivering us her art, and this wasn't the exception. MAGDALENE is an amazing album, lyrics and production are genius, and she also proves us that she won't stop growing up as an amazing artist.
  9. Nov 8, 2019
    Em cellophane eu já sabia que esse álbum seria um hinario, quando ouvi Daybed foi a confirmação.
  10. Nov 8, 2019
    This....is what art is converted into sound. The beautiful yet chaotic waves of emotions that FKA brings to the listener is astounding. This is an evolutionary album for the times. One of the best albums in years.
  11. Nov 18, 2019
    Not only does she use her own sentimental experiences to stimulate the composition of the verses, she plunges into the stories and experiences of different female characters. Songs guided by the strong duality of the themes, alternating between moments of sweet romanticism and the deepest suffering. Poetic fractions that depart from the mythical image of Mary Magdalene, a conceptNot only does she use her own sentimental experiences to stimulate the composition of the verses, she plunges into the stories and experiences of different female characters. Songs guided by the strong duality of the themes, alternating between moments of sweet romanticism and the deepest suffering. Poetic fractions that depart from the mythical image of Mary Magdalene, a concept reinforced in the title of the work, however, use this religious and literary foundation as a natural stimulus for the delivery of songs marked by feminist concerns. Expand
  12. Nov 8, 2019
    A beautiful piece of work and one of the most beautiful albums that i've ever heard.
  13. Nov 8, 2019
    One of the best albums I’ve ever heard in my life. I cannot stress how good this is enough
  14. Nov 9, 2019
    Era o álbum que a gente precisa escutar antes de fechar a lista de melhores do ano.
  15. Nov 10, 2019
    So innovative...
    Right from the day of EP1 & LP1.
    The album is like a new genre of musicis created.
  16. Nov 8, 2019
    Album Of the Year, twigs is one of the greatest artists of ALL TIME, mirrored heart is beautiful
  17. Nov 8, 2019
    It's truly magical. Different melodies. It's one of a kind. I don't think we would have an opportunity to have such a great album in the future years
  18. Nov 8, 2019
    Brilliant execution, spacey production that doesnt overshadow her vocals. Overrall probably her best.
  19. Nov 8, 2019
    Mais uma vez FKA trás toda a sua excentricidade e nos entrega toda sua criatividade em um álbum cativante e coeso.
  20. Nov 8, 2019
    FKA twigs never stops surprising us, she made a whole new concept with this album and you can feel the congruence and consistancy with every track, definitely one of the best albums of the year, or even the decade.
  21. Nov 8, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The future of music is here, Magdalene is a trip through night feelings and pillow talks. Twigs is a one of a kind artist that has created a whole new imaginarium that penetrates into wounds you thought had heeled. Expand
  22. Nov 8, 2019
    Magdalene es un álbum perfecto, cada sonido, la voz de su autora, es una joya, las criticas negativas me la pelan, y que carajo con los que le están dando negativo?
  23. Nov 9, 2019
    "Magdalene" reminds me of all the pain I have felt for a long time, just as it reminds me of what I have learned from it, FKA Twigs shows us the pain that it has inside so perfectly In this album, it exceeded my expectations and gave us the best album of 2019.
  24. Nov 10, 2019
    This has to win a grammy, it's a masterpiece that cannot be ignored like that. Favorite tracks: thousand eyes, home with you, sad day, fallen alien, mirrored heart and cellophane.
  25. Nov 9, 2019
    The first full-length studio album from FKA twigs since her 2014 debut, LP1 (which was excellent in its own right), and her first project following 2015's M3LL155X, "MAGDALENE" is undoubtedly one of the best, if not the best record released in 2019. It is not only concise in length and number of tracks, but also concise in the feelings it conveys and the messages it gets across.

The

The themes vary from heartbreak, to loneliness, to pain (not only emotionally, but also physically) (Barnett was diagnosed with uterine fibroid tumours and has undergone surgery to get them removed, a subject addressed on 'home with you'), to womanhood and strength (cf. 'mary magdalene'). FKA twigs' delivery is undeniably spectacular, showing even more maturity and versatility than ever before. Starting with 'thousand eyes', which serves as a great introduction for what's to come, twigs plays with sounds and synths all throughout the record, expanding her collaborations circle to people like Sounwave, Jack Antonoff, and Future on 'holy terrain', which, even though is the most accessible song on the record, still feels exotic in a way that only FKA twigs can pull off. 'home with you' finds her going crescendo then decrescendo, just until the splendid, world-encompassing chorus hits, and it hits hard. 'fallen alien' features her spitting her lines out, almost shouting them, and 'mirrored heart' sees her pour her heart out, singing her most personal and confessional lyrics ever ('Did you truly see me? / No, not this time / Were you ever sure? / No no no, not with me'). It all tosses and turns and builds up, till the grand finale, 'cellophane' comes and closes the record in the most subtle, and the most magical way possible.

"MAGDALENE" is not only an excellent alternative avant-pop record. This is the sound of a woman who awakened and rose from the ashes like a phoenix, and decided to sing about how both melancholic and glorious it was.
  26. Nov 10, 2019
    Nothing short of stunning - nothing short of extraordinary - nothing short of remarkable—MAGDALENE is unlike any album you’ll hear this year. It is bound by no genre, yet incredibly cohesive - its beats, melodies, and lyrics incredibly rich, theatric, dark, beautiful, and mystical. It echoes the somberness of a Del Rey record, as well as the avant-garde pop of Charli XCX and Grimes - andNothing short of stunning - nothing short of extraordinary - nothing short of remarkable—MAGDALENE is unlike any album you’ll hear this year. It is bound by no genre, yet incredibly cohesive - its beats, melodies, and lyrics incredibly rich, theatric, dark, beautiful, and mystical. It echoes the somberness of a Del Rey record, as well as the avant-garde pop of Charli XCX and Grimes - and strangely works as an unintentional companion to Nick Cave’s equally majestic Ghosteen. Expand
  27. Nov 12, 2019
    One thing !!! This is a master piece !!!! She deserves a Grammy right now... if you didn’t see her performance in Jimmy Fallon go watch it right now !!!!
  28. Nov 8, 2019
    I am a huge fan of self-doubting, insular pop albums, and this is probably the best album I have heard all year. It's clear FKA twigs has had years of being 2nd string to her ex-fiance and depression in her life that she is now able to come to the forefront and emote and release it all for us her audience.
  29. Nov 17, 2019
    introspective and poetic lyrics expressed with tenacity over clunky and ambient electronic beats; it's a flawed but beautiful album with moments of sheer brilliance.
  30. Nov 8, 2019
    The album is an exuberant melancholy that fits in with the whole cohesion of the work, giving an air of lust to FKA twins. It is a perfect work from start to finish, a great emotional work that touches the listener. Perfect!
  31. Nov 8, 2019
    what a great surprise. this will for sure compete on the top 5 albums of the year! limitless gorgeous lyrics and production. her voice is unique. made me feel so emotional. for sure her best work yet
  32. Nov 9, 2019
    FKA twigs has outdone herself in the most excellent, earth-shattering way with this album. The lyrics and themes resonate, the production transcends the boundaries of genre, and twigs' voice carries an emotional gravity previously untapped by the artist. MAGDALENE, simply put, is a magnificent body of work and a legitimate contender for album of the year.

Highlights include 'thousand

Highlights include 'thousand eyes,' 'mary magdalene,' and 'cellophane'.
  33. Nov 9, 2019
    This album is one of the best of the year, the organic instrumentation is amazing, the vocals and the lyrics are consistently great, I just wish holy terrain was less generic and that the future feature was better...
  34. Nov 8, 2019
    MAGDALENE is proof that left-field artists like FKA twigs can put accessible efforts and still resulting with greatness.
  35. Nov 8, 2019
    I felt like literally Mary Magdalene whilr listening this great album.I really love the vibe she gave us with this album
  36. Nov 9, 2019
    Pure art! Intense combination. Lyrics, vocals, production everything's perfect in this album. It also has a beautiful message
  37. Nov 8, 2019
    Na primeira faixa já somos encaminhados para o que Twigs quer falar, usando influências líricas, eletrônicas fazendo uma ótima música de introdução pra uma obra coesa e tecnicamente sem falhas. Grande aposta para o AOTY 2021.
  38. Nov 8, 2019
    simply one of the most beautiful albums that has ever been done. i admire her strength to put out this body of work and sing about her deepest feelings throughout these years.
  39. Nov 8, 2019
    Wow! An instant classic. Beautiful singing and production paired with a simple knack for melody and sound. Just live it.
  40. Nov 9, 2019
    my album of the year is here! brutal yet soft and sensible, a beautiful journey led by FKA’s vocals and amazing production as well.
  41. Nov 8, 2019
    One of the best pop records of the decade, FKA Twigs is in top form, even after 5 years of album silence.
  42. Nov 9, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Speechless Expand
  43. Nov 8, 2019
    It's perfect. This girl know whats she's doing. Lovely album and a lovely person.
  44. Nov 8, 2019
    One of the best albums of the year, iconic .... you don't get bored with some songs, just perfect !!!
  45. Nov 10, 2019
    My album of the year. In love, everytrack is amazing, raw and emotional, instrumentals are pure classic
  46. Nov 8, 2019
    one of best 2019 albums. fallen aliens my favorite song in this album. Love.
  47. Nov 8, 2019
    Wow album of the year, ten times better that Lana del Rey one. I'm not surprised if her stupid fans come to **** the user score. If you're one of them **** YOU!
  48. Nov 8, 2019
    such a personal work, such a good work, the album starts with a melody that almost feels like an intro but it’s actually 5 minutes length, you enjoy the sounds on every song that suddenly you’re at the end of the album and you want more so you listen to it again. This is such a good work and experience. Bravo to FKA Twigs and her new piece of art.
  49. Nov 8, 2019
    Hearing the singles on their own truly doesn't do justice to how incredible and cohesive the end result is. Incredibly beautiful, haunting, mesmerizing, and enchanting. We have no choice but to stan.
  50. Nov 9, 2019
    i'd give a 10/10, if it wasn't the track 'holy terrain' which kinda disappointed me... don't get me wrong, FKA twigs vocals are gorgeous and the lyrics are very poetic, but the feature 'future' ruined the listen for me. he didn't add anything to it, just turned 'mainstream' in a bad way.
  51. Nov 9, 2019
    É um álbum triste, sobre tristeza e sentimentos constantes, tristemente maravilhoso. Abre de uma forma coesa e termina de outra espetacular. A escolha de música pra fecha o álbum foi perfeita e só reforça a áurea perturbadora e linda que esse álbum tem do começo ao fim.
  52. Nov 10, 2019
    MELHOR ÁLBUM DO ANO E QUEM NÃO CONCORDAR QUE PAGUE MINHAS CONTAS, TE AMO MAMÃE TWIGS
  53. Nov 10, 2019
    TE AMO MAMÃE FKA TWIGS, VC EH UMA LENDA PERFEITA, MAGDALENE ALBUM DO ANO SIM!
  54. Nov 9, 2019
    An absolute stunning masterwork that will be looked at years from now as a classic. Listen several times before making a judgment. Complex,heartfelt and sung with heavenly beauty.

This could be the best album of 2019.
  55. Nov 19, 2019
    It's really a great album! It's interesting and it is one of the best albums of 2019
  56. Nov 9, 2019
    o album tá muito bom, mary magdalene merece um grammy... que musica perfeita
  57. Nov 9, 2019
    Such a work of art!!!! This album is a masterpiece, I love how her left for us a perfect combination between the lyrics and the production of each track, Holy Terrain was not my favorite track but the full album covered this song.

1. Nov 15, 2019
    Magdalene is an album that, like FKA twigs herself, defies both genre and classification. Yet it’s a late contender for album of the year, with songs that will live you for months to come.
  2. Nov 13, 2019
    Magdalene sees FKA Twigs reach a wholly satisfying pinnacle that is unlikely to be rivaled by any of her peers in 2019.
  3. Nov 12, 2019
    It’s beautiful, inventive, catchy, heartbreaking, addictive, and bursting at the seams with ideas. It captures a performer truly at the top of their game, throwing everything into a project so that not one second is wasted. It’s a record that makes you fall in love with music again, a record you feel privileged to experience and a record that imparts fundamental human truths.