7.2

Review this album

1. Aug 22, 2014
    Love it. If your a fan of Dragonforce's previous album, you know what to expect. Fast melodic guitar solos, heavy riffs and harmonic vocals. A better continuation of The Power Within.
  2. Aug 23, 2014
    Maximum Overload is one of the stand-out albums in a year of excellent music. you should know what to expect by now, sheer technical lunacy, and a lot of it. the album opens with a much more heavy Dragonforce than we're used to and closes with an insane cover of Johnny Cash's Ring of Fire with Dragonforce's own stamp on it. the only track i didn't love was the second track 'Tomorrow'sMaximum Overload is one of the stand-out albums in a year of excellent music. you should know what to expect by now, sheer technical lunacy, and a lot of it. the album opens with a much more heavy Dragonforce than we're used to and closes with an insane cover of Johnny Cash's Ring of Fire with Dragonforce's own stamp on it. the only track i didn't love was the second track 'Tomorrow's Kings' which sadly sounds a little too generic, but that is where the griping ends.

Every other track has something there to love amongst the lunacy, some personal highlights were the tab solo under a keyboard melody in No More, the harpsichord opening to Symphony of the Night, and the video game/ jazz solo in the middle of Extraction Zone- this is a better album that is in every way better and more refined than The Power Within which i feel was already an excellent album, and is a definite step in the right direction for a band who clearly have plenty of steam left in them.

To sign off, i would like to leave a little advice- if you are thinking about buying this album, definitely look into the limited edition, as it comes with 5 extra tracks where none of them are any worse quality than the rest of the album, and Fight to be Free (a bonus track) is even one of my top 5 on the album, and a nice throwback to classic Dragonforce.
  3. Sep 1, 2014
    Best Dragonforce album to date! One of the best Metal albums to date , with much diversity and extremely technical and creative songs. Production is flawless , having been produced by Jens Bogren. Three Hammers is the most glorious power metal song I've ever heard , hands down. Other favourites are Power and Glory ( bonus track ) , Symphony of the Night , The Sun Is Dead and TomorrowsBest Dragonforce album to date! One of the best Metal albums to date , with much diversity and extremely technical and creative songs. Production is flawless , having been produced by Jens Bogren. Three Hammers is the most glorious power metal song I've ever heard , hands down. Other favourites are Power and Glory ( bonus track ) , Symphony of the Night , The Sun Is Dead and Tomorrows Kings. Awesome album!!! Expand
  4. May 10, 2017
    There are only two tracks I like on this album and that would be "The Game" and "Defenders". I didn't care for any other track on the record. Every song sounded the same, There was nothing different or original with the sound. It just seemed like they decided to play it fast through out for the heck of it with the same template for every single song and it sucked. There hasn't been aThere are only two tracks I like on this album and that would be "The Game" and "Defenders". I didn't care for any other track on the record. Every song sounded the same, There was nothing different or original with the sound. It just seemed like they decided to play it fast through out for the heck of it with the same template for every single song and it sucked. There hasn't been a single Dragonforce album that I hated until now. Expand

1. Classic Rock Magazine
    Dec 18, 2014
    Ultimately, there's little on offer to snare a neutral. For the zealot, however, new heights of melody and assurance await. [Sep 2014, p.93]
  2. Nov 4, 2014
    Alas, the band only hits this sweet spot a few other times on Maximum Overload.
  3. Aug 21, 2014
    While it sounds as though the band are still working on perfecting their recent power/thrash/prog formula that started being established with The Power Within, everything's beginning to be pieced together quite nicely.