• Record Label: Orchard
tbd

No user score yet- Awaiting 1 more rating

Review this album

1. Feb 21, 2021
    Would it kill them to give us a guitar solo? It's almost killing me to listen to this anticlimatic mix for a second time. Lots of missed opportunities in the name of trying some new or growing? Too many brains in the mix, less horns more guitars if I wanted this melodic crap I'd listen to local natives or some **** Let bobby drake and galen out of their cages and have tad crank up the damn amp.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 18 Critic Reviews

1. Feb 24, 2021
    However often the band has been saddled with being “earnest,” their way of contrasting rock‘n’roll catharsis with personal devastation is also inherently ironic. This sense is more obvious than ever on Open Door Policy.
    [The band] sound like they’re grabbing at big choruses like an alcoholic scrabbling for a bedside breakfast whisky. But on The Feelers, the motoric Spices and Me & Magdalena, Craig Finn’s sneered diatribe about a manipulative rock junkie, they nonetheless stumble across a rich, National-like lustre of dark grooves and opiated euphoria.
  3. Feb 22, 2021
    Their insistence for organic compositions stands out thoughtfully on Open Door Policy, and it reminds us precisely why we fell in love with The Hold Steady in the first place. Despite them being slightly aged rockers, they haven’t forgotten what it means to rock out and to give in to the desire shout at the top of your lungs when you are struggling.