8.7

Review this album

1. joshm
    Mar 15, 2007
    i really cant get over this album, it really isnt like anything else out there. it is so refreshing and makes it feel like summer. young prayer is also awesome.
  2. Brian
    Mar 19, 2007
    Fantastic.
  3. ElliottM
    Mar 19, 2007
    Playful, harmonic, and busting with positive energy, this is, quite simply, the best album I've heard in 2007. Why listen to anything else?!
  4. DavidB
    Mar 20, 2007
    This will be a tough one to top this year! It's bursting at the seems with creativity and almost overwhelmingly joyful, something that's missing in much of today's music. Person Pitch should make Noah Lennox a household name, and it just might make top 10 for the decade!
  5. ChrisA
    Mar 21, 2007
    This record alone could get me through a year's worth of boring music. Just what a boy needs who can't wait for warmer weather...thank you panda bear. I practically get a tan just listening to it! Can't wait to see what we get with the new animal collective record!
  6. CameronW
    Mar 21, 2007
    Definitely the best of 07 so far, I just get such a positive feeling when I listen to this album. Too bad about the AMG review though...
  7. Sean
    Mar 22, 2007
    Nothing short of a masterpiece.
  8. garrettj
    Mar 22, 2007
    in my eyes best album of the year. 07 is on fire! This album holds the aspects iof animal collective which ive wanted to see expanded. Its just beautiful. Im positive i will listen to this in 10 years time.
  9. joel
    Mar 22, 2007
    now i know what it's like to be a crack head.
  10. AaronS
    Mar 22, 2007
    Beautiful, trippy, warm, eccentric and lovely. All rolled into one piece of pop perfection. A better album you will unlikely hear this year.
  11. N.O.Smith
    Mar 23, 2007
    My favorite album of 2007 so far. Absolutely incredible.
  12. yoshimipink
    Mar 23, 2007
    beautiful.
  13. A.Connor
    Mar 25, 2007
    Astonishing, truly. It's like the music is coming from a local swimming pool down the road and I can just barely make out all the magical sounds. More than any other album I've ever heard, it gives me the sensation of being dipped in pie. (At the very least, clearly, it's the sort of psychedelic, blissfully-surreal record that lends itself very easily to absurd metaphors. Astonishing, truly. It's like the music is coming from a local swimming pool down the road and I can just barely make out all the magical sounds. More than any other album I've ever heard, it gives me the sensation of being dipped in pie. (At the very least, clearly, it's the sort of psychedelic, blissfully-surreal record that lends itself very easily to absurd metaphors. Indeed, it seems almost silly to try and describe it in any other terms. Album of the year.) Expand
  14. YvesJ
    Mar 25, 2007
    Le meilleur album de ce début d'année. Ouais, ouais !
  15. kevink
    Mar 26, 2007
    a magical album
  16. mikeyp
    Mar 27, 2007
    the thing about this is that voice. the melodies and instrumentation are fine, just fine. It's panda's voice just pouring out of the speakers like milk n honey that make this album a hit.
  17. Shak.
    Mar 28, 2007
    so andrew, you think you can steal my description of the album and use it as your own? and to think, of all people to do it, it was YOU. disappointed. but yes, amazing album.
  18. MusicHeals
    Mar 29, 2007
    His music is an exile far away from all speed, a cosmical hotel, where you can feel proud to be a human, having the gift to SMiLE.
  19. AdamM
    Mar 30, 2007
    Simply breathtaking.
  20. mikef
    Mar 31, 2007
    wow! - important music. superlatives other reviewers used are well earned. hear to believe / hear to be moved. SMiLE comparisons justified. person pitch more immediate & modern, but no less wunderbar. to be performed as live gigs - at ottobar in balt., md & in phila., pa at 1st unitarian church, etc. Lord, glad to have survived to get to this point in time.
  21. JohnA.
    Apr 2, 2007
    Gorgeous.
  22. TonyF
    Apr 4, 2007
    So amazing, something new and fresh once again brought to us by a member of animal collective. This also, sadly, is much better then Avey Tares new lp with the mum girl.
  23. SDK
    Apr 8, 2007
    A fantastical album of pink fire for the masses. An album such as this only comes along every so often, like a child with all the answers to the universe. Panda Bear does it right, and his own way paving the way with a style that is sure to stick around and impress. Expect permutations of this kind of sound from the hipster kids very soon...
  24. mikeyf
    Apr 12, 2007
    phantasmagorical.
  25. NikkiG
    Apr 15, 2007
    Fell in love with it the second I first listened to this album... and that about sums it up.
  26. MJ88
    Apr 16, 2007
    amazing, angelic indie pop. it's the best so far this year.
  27. EricC
    Apr 17, 2007
    What an awesome album. Easily rivals anything he or Animal Collective has ever done. If you have a hard time swallowing experimental indie rock, then don't waste your time. But it's too bad you can't appreciate it, because this really is amazing. It's only flaw is that you're never gonna sing along. Sometimes it sounds like he's singing backwards.
  28. Tiger
    May 5, 2007
    people that knock this album really don't know much about music or probably have a hearing problem. person pitch is the album that every musician that likes pet sounds wished they could have made. the melodies are classic and top notch
  29. SkalaB
    May 7, 2007
    No grain of salt needed. It isn't so much that the melodies or singing are the technical equal of Brian Wilson; it's that the music achieves the more important goal of making you feel in love with the world the same way Wilson does in his best stuff. All you really need to know about this album is this: "Bros" is over 12 minutes long, and does not have a conventional song No grain of salt needed. It isn't so much that the melodies or singing are the technical equal of Brian Wilson; it's that the music achieves the more important goal of making you feel in love with the world the same way Wilson does in his best stuff. All you really need to know about this album is this: "Bros" is over 12 minutes long, and does not have a conventional song structure or recognizable lyrics, and yet, it's the shortest, most absorbing 12-minute song I've ever heard. That's what this album achieves, over and over. Expand
  30. markh
    May 12, 2007
    this is my summer album. true, it i difficult to get into because panda bear likes his lack of typical song structure, but i think hes really pushing boundaries. the melodies are sunny and catchy, but theyre piled against a single chord for 6 or 7 minutes and then the whole song changes to something completely different. i boggles my mind. best songs: comfy in nautica, take pills, et all.

Universal acclaim - based on 31 Critic Reviews

1. Uncut
    Magical. [Apr 2007, p.114]
  2. His careful attention to detail and masterful use of vocal harmonies are unparalleled in modern indie rock.
  3. Paste Magazine
    It's as lucid a marriage of the eneffably strange and crayon-bright catchy as 2007 is likely to see. [Apr 2007, p.58]