• Record Label: Merge
7.3

Review this album

1. i94
    Mar 27, 2020
    It's a shame all the Dua Lipa fans are tanking this album's user score—you can support your fav without being an arse to another (I happen to love both!). That being said, Saint Cloud is 2020's best so far. Its timing couldn't be better—it feels like the level-headed enlightenment we need in these dark times. The entire album feels like sunlight hitting your face. Standouts are "Fire,"It's a shame all the Dua Lipa fans are tanking this album's user score—you can support your fav without being an arse to another (I happen to love both!). That being said, Saint Cloud is 2020's best so far. Its timing couldn't be better—it feels like the level-headed enlightenment we need in these dark times. The entire album feels like sunlight hitting your face. Standouts are "Fire," "Oxbox," and the three closing tracks—but there's not one bad song on this album. I imagine that this album feels like the collective joy we'll all feel whenever this pandemic subsides. Until then, we have Saint Cloud. And for that, I am grateful. Expand
  2. Mar 27, 2020
    upon first listen this is a beautiful and well written album, but more listens will be necessary.
  3. Mar 28, 2020
    best waxahatchee album in years!!!!!!!!!!!!!! saint cloud is a masterpiece.
  4. Mar 27, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. In portuguese

Faltaram mais coerência e coesão. O álbum não foi bem construído.
  5. Mar 27, 2020
    Some albums just resonate deep and this is one stellar collection of songs. It feels alive and bright.
  6. Mar 28, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. 'Saint Cloud' is undoubtedly the most beautiful, most sacred, most powerful, most moving, most sincere album of the late spring of 2020. No better from the lyrics or the arrangement of the melody, it can be described as a poetic beauty. Listening, as if into the sunny, bright, fresh, fragrant vortex of love. You are driving on the highway, listen to the 'Fire' ,and out of the window, town after town. It's hard for me to understand that someon Expand
  7. Mar 27, 2020
    Hey Dua Lipa fans if you’re intentionally tanking this album’s score, grow up. Dua would be horrified to learn you’re using her name to tear down other women.
  8. Mar 27, 2020
    I feel this is just a way below average typical indie album no frills just meat and potatoes which is a shame because i really like this artist and was anticipating this. I do still like this artist and will continue to listen to there music just not this album.
  9. Mar 27, 2020
    Katie Crutchfield has an..interesting voice . The lyrics are good. The music is ok albeit simplistic. A mix of alternative and Americana. Waxahatchie is the kind of band that would be great in a small club.

Universal acclaim - based on 17 Critic Reviews

1. Mar 27, 2020
    Saint Cloud is something far bigger. It isn’t just talking to Lucinda Williams’ 1998 album Car Wheels on a Gravel Road, it pulls up right beside it, a vivid modern classic of folk and Americana.
  2. Mar 27, 2020
    What songs these are, genuinely good enough to be compared with peak Dylan: like him, Crutchfield is adept at nestling into the almost comforting niche of heartache and hopping out again with a grin.
    Saint Cloud offers us the best possible version of Crutchfield she could possibly give us. The record is made by someone who was always whispering, finally having the confidence and courage to speak up and sing unrestrained. It demands to be listened to.