• Record Label: AWAL

Buy Now
Buy on

Review this album

1. Apr 8, 2022
    Serpentina is art. Banks can express their felling with the good music
  2. Apr 11, 2022
    "Serpentina" amplifies the lack of edge and risk BANK considers to journey with on her artistic performances.
  3. Apr 8, 2022
    Every banks album is so underrated it hurts. Each album she puts out is unique and ground breaking imo and this album serpentine is another hit. I've enjoyed every song..I don't know how she keeps doing it because no one makes music like banks and still brings a complete different sound and vibe to each project. Favorites so far are **** love, holding back, and meteorite. ❤️❤️
  4. Apr 9, 2022
    the critics have lost their minds again.. this is a SOLID body of work.

Fav songs: Meteorite, Deadend, Burn, Birds By The Sea, Anything 4 U, Unleavable, I Still Love You
  5. Apr 11, 2022
    I enjoyed this album very much and it gets better each listen. The booming intro, "Misunderstood", invites you in on a wild ride, followed by gems scattered around the rest of the album, notably "Holding Back", "Unleavable", and "Anything 4 U". Only one song falls short, "Meteorite", but it isn't bad at all. In full, this album is a fun ride and it keeps you on your toes. Banks' writingI enjoyed this album very much and it gets better each listen. The booming intro, "Misunderstood", invites you in on a wild ride, followed by gems scattered around the rest of the album, notably "Holding Back", "Unleavable", and "Anything 4 U". Only one song falls short, "Meteorite", but it isn't bad at all. In full, this album is a fun ride and it keeps you on your toes. Banks' writing style is very descriptive and visual, which also makes for an interesting listen. Overall, a great album for sure. Expand
  6. Apr 12, 2022
    at first i enjoyed this album a lot but as it kept going it started to feel boring and a little repetitive (sonically speaking) lyrically is great and on side note i loved how banks manage to keep her scent on every album and still make them so different from each other,
  7. Jun 22, 2022
    It's really difficult for me to like this album considering how versatile and creative her previous works were. Goddess was a stellar album with extremely emotional, raw, and evocative tracks. Altar delivered some of the most interesting music, lyric-wise. III delivered a bit of both paired with production that pulled me right into the tumultuous relationship that she found herself in.It's really difficult for me to like this album considering how versatile and creative her previous works were. Goddess was a stellar album with extremely emotional, raw, and evocative tracks. Altar delivered some of the most interesting music, lyric-wise. III delivered a bit of both paired with production that pulled me right into the tumultuous relationship that she found herself in. Serpentina is just... I dunno, it's just not on the same level as her previous albums. I felt like it was "just another" alt R&B album, and I feel like it feels incomplete and / or incohesive.

There were moments that I really enjoyed, but I won't be listening to the full album again.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 7 Critic Reviews

1. Apr 18, 2022
    While it may prove inconsistent to some, the experimentation and exploration ensures the album remains exciting, as you never know what’s arriving next. If the intention of this album was to show a rebirth, it succeeds, as Banks seems reinvigorated and ready to fearlessly conquer the demons that dare cross her path.
  2. Apr 15, 2022
    Though she once again flashes her talent for delivering emotionally wrought tales of heartbreak, Serpentina asserts its uniqueness in paradoxically conventional and unsurprising ways.
    SERPENTINA isn’t a coherent whole but rather a doggerel and ill-considered mishmash of disparate parts.