• Record Label: Columbia
  • Release Date: Jul 7, 2017
7.7

Review this album

1. Jul 8, 2017
    Competent, inoffensive and very obviously (and overly) focused-grouped. The songwriting suffers by comparison to the debut, and all the studio trickery is an obvious attempt to mitigate that.
  2. Jul 7, 2017
    Something To Tell You is far from being a bad album, but also it's not as good as Days Are Gone. HAIM sounds mature & grown four years after the debut LP, but not how you'd expect from these girls. While Days Are Gone was energetic and joyful, Something To Tell You is warm and, sometimes, boring.
  3. Jul 25, 2017
    Even having strong songs such as "Want you back" and "Little of your love", Something to tell You is just OK. Like, at some part of the album, it gets very tiring.
  4. Aug 9, 2017
    As someone who loves the band's first record, Days Are Gone, I was excited to hear from the Haim sisters again. And for the most part I was pleased with what I heard. Want You Back is one of the group's best songs and the first half of the album is fantastic. Unfortunately it's one of those albums that is front loaded, as the second half is bogged down with horrible production choices orAs someone who loves the band's first record, Days Are Gone, I was excited to hear from the Haim sisters again. And for the most part I was pleased with what I heard. Want You Back is one of the group's best songs and the first half of the album is fantastic. Unfortunately it's one of those albums that is front loaded, as the second half is bogged down with horrible production choices or just banal ballads that really kills the harmonies of the sister's vocals. It's not bad, but it's a shame really considering how tight the band is Expand
  5. Aug 15, 2017
    Instead of emulating a fun past, they emulated the dull present, with empty and somewhat whiny textures along with short and all too obvious pacing, making this an underwhelming and lackluster work despite no song being dangerously intrusive or particularly ugly. My Score: 102/180 (Okay) = 5.7/10
  6. Mar 4, 2018
    "Something To Tell You" fails to break the high standard its predecessor "Days Are Gone" set. This new HAIM album feels like it was released unfinished. Highlights like "Little Of Your Love", "Ready For You" and "Want You Back" are easily forgotten after listening to the high amount of uninteresting filler songs on "Something To Tell You".
  7. May 19, 2018
    I think I like it, generally. There are songs that I really love like "Want You Back" and "You Never Knew", but there are also some that are too forgettable to remember. It's a nice album to jam to, but not an album to obsess over. It's okay, give it a listen or two, cause it's not by any means bad, just something that I'd rather spend less time over something else.
  8. Sep 16, 2019
    They seemed like they would have a promising carrer,but this was the album that had the opportunity to cement these girls,and disappointed.
    Their next album may be better,but I'm not too excited about it.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 30 Critic Reviews

1. Aug 24, 2017
    Something to Tell You doesn’t attempt anything new and keeps it safe, though, and when your best track is yet another sanitized extract of Tango in the Night, well, that’s not saying much.
  2. Jul 19, 2017
    The ways they refashioned vintage pop on Days Are Gone felt risky, but Something to Tell You offers safer, smaller pleasures.
  3. Jul 13, 2017
    The band is smart, then, to play to their strengths on Something to Tell You: experiments at small scale.