6.6

Review this album

1. Feb 8, 2020
    Sorry but it's very dull and every song has the same backing track that's either mid tempo or a little bit faster. It's like the same song with different lyrics. I like 2 tracks. Shame really. Hopefully if another album is made it'll have some oomph.
  2. Feb 7, 2020
    I really was expecting something different of Trouble in Paradise even when it's my favorite La Roux's, but I feel I little to much frustraiting.
  3. Feb 21, 2020
    Bit Samey. But nice tropical vibe . Love you la Roux and all you do Needed more bangers

Generally favorable reviews - based on 12 Critic Reviews

1. Q Magazine
    Feb 11, 2020
    The LP's monotonous back half leaves Jackson running to stand still. [Apr 2020, p.111]
  2. Feb 10, 2020
    Despite the album’s lack of big splashes, it still lands like a trip to Florida in February. And at only eight-songs-long, it’s endlessly digestible. Snow, sleet and seasonal affective disorder may rage on, but Supervision is pure warmth.
  3. Feb 10, 2020
    On Supervision, Jackson is at her strongest, both sonically and vocally. She has, for lack of a better term, found her groove: from the pulsing disco rhythms on "Do You Feel" to the synthpop breakup anthem "Gullible Fool", La Roux is once again proving that there's still an audience and a market for music that is fuelled by nostalgic sounds.