- Summary: The seventh studio release for the pop singer features Chris Brown, Eminem, Future, and David Guetta as guests with No I.D., Nicky Romero, StarGate, and The-Dream contributing to production.
- Record Label: Def Jam
- Genre(s): Pop, Pop/Rock, Dance-Pop, Contemporary R&B, EDM
- More Details and Credits »
|All along it was a fever A cold sweat, hot headed believer I threw my hands in the air I said show me something He said, "If you dare come a little...||See the rest of the song lyrics|
Nov 20, 2012When you're at Rihanna's level you can afford the best songwriters and producers in the business and sonically the album is generally far ahead of her peers. Yet if Sia's Diamonds is a sultry triumph, its character and uniqueness highlights the ultimately hollow pleasures of much around it.
Feb 5, 2016I love the vocal performances in this album. From Diamonds to Stay,Right Now and What Now to the elements of hip hop in Phresh out the RunwayI love the vocal performances in this album. From Diamonds to Stay,Right Now and What Now to the elements of hip hop in Phresh out the Runway or Pour it up. It's just so perfect.… Expand
Mar 5, 2013I think this is one of her best album. 100% better than Talk That Talk. This is album is very emotiona and different. This album is my drug,I think this is one of her best album. 100% better than Talk That Talk. This is album is very emotiona and different. This album is my drug, except some song, it super!… Expand
Nov 19, 2012An album wonderful, with different rhythms and genres, for all tastes, rihanna risked, innovated and was perfect! with deep lyrics and vocallyAn album wonderful, with different rhythms and genres, for all tastes, rihanna risked, innovated and was perfect! with deep lyrics and vocally evolved, I deserved my note 10 to this wonderful singer Rihanna!… Expand
Oct 26, 2013This Rihanna is clearly not at her best; Unapologetic is generally a flat and overproduced, too rushed record. The fact is that one some songsThis Rihanna is clearly not at her best; Unapologetic is generally a flat and overproduced, too rushed record. The fact is that one some songs her vocals are good, but the songwriting and producing is lamentable, while on others the lyrics are good enough, but the production really lacks; or the other way round.
Too bad for masterpieces like "Diamonds" (Rihanna's best song by far, and one of the best of 2010s) or "Love Without Tragedy". The balladry on this album is also worth listening to, but both "Stay" and "What Now" display a lack of songwriting skills, using dried out cliches and unmatching expressions, used just for the sake of rhyme. There is also some quality r&b music (namely on "Love Song" and "Get It Over With"), but the dance numbers from the album are surely the worst; "Jump" and "Phresh Out the Runway" are decent enough, but "Right Now" murders the whole record. Another wrecking ball for the album is "Nobody's Business", while "Numb" ft. Eminem is also a dull melody. All the other unmentioned songs are not that bad, but not that good either.
This is actually a step back from her previous albums "Rated R", "Loud" and "Talk That Talk" and pushes Riri back to her dance-hall rooted sophomore album, 'A Girl Like Me'.
Aug 30, 2013A plethora of lewd and loud anthems flourish in a minefield. Following in the footsteps of Talk That Talk, Unapologetic shuffles through theA plethora of lewd and loud anthems flourish in a minefield. Following in the footsteps of Talk That Talk, Unapologetic shuffles through the mix with Diamonds among thorns. There are five tracks too many here, that are incidentally placed in the album's heart. If the thorns were removed, a cohesive project of perfection rivaling Rated R is hiding in the shadows. But with thorns in the heart, Unapologetic suffers from bloated filler.… Expand
Jan 11, 2013Rihanna's worst album so far. think she should care more about releasing good albums than an album every year. There are more ballads, unlikeRihanna's worst album so far. think she should care more about releasing good albums than an album every year. There are more ballads, unlike most of her previous albums. I liked her new music, but I like her old music better. She tries several different genres in the album, so you will like some songs regardless of your taste. The first few tracks are really stupid, but the rest of the album is not that bad.
Track by track review (a little bit long, so I hope you don't fall asleep):
1. Presh Out The Runway - 0/10 - It just sounds unfinished. Her voice is robotic, the instrumental could have been a lot better, and the lyrics are too stupid and don't make any sense.
2. Diamonds - 8/10 - I didn't really like it at first, but now I think it's pretty good song. The lyrics in the chorus don't make so much sense (are there any diamonds in the sky?) , but overall it's a good and inspirating song. Slower than most of Rihanna's music.
3. Numb (feat. Eminem) - 0/10 - Like in "Phresh Out The Runway", Rihanna sounds too robotic, and also Eminem couldn't sound weirder in this song. The lyrics are basically "I'm going numb" repeated several times, which isn't really creative.
4. Pour It Up - 1/10 - Again, Rihanna sounds robotic and weird. The lyrics are too repetitive, does she really have to repeat "still got my money" in the entire song?
5. Loveeeeeee Song (feat. Future) - 0/10 - Rihanna sounds too robotic (again?) and Future sounds like he wants to kill you when he should sound romantic.
6. Jump - 4/10 - One of the few not-so-bad tracks in the album. Rihanna still sounds a bit robotic, but the composition is pretty enjoyable and the lyrics make some sense, except for the "ride it, my pony" part that is just an attempt to talk about sex while keeping the track clean.
7. Right Now (feat. David Guetta) - 9/10 - Again, a good track in the album. A good and fun beat and lyrics that actually make sense. Best track in the album.
8. What Now - 7/10 - Nice and unexpected ballad, even though she sounds different from usual. Again, a good track in the album. Slower than most of her songs, which is not really a bad thing in this case.
9. Stay (feat. Mikky Ekko) - 6/10 - Good track, but I didn't really like some of Rihanna's parts, even though it's her song. Mikky Ekko really makes it better. Quite enjoyable if you like ballads.
10. Nobody's Business (feat. Chris Brown) - 8/10 - Even though Chris Brown sounds a bit annoying in this song, it's a pretty good and fun song. The composition is great for the parties, and I really think the lyrics are about some of Rihanna's life.
11. Love Without Tragedy / Mother Mary - 7/10 - The song is good. The lyrics are sad, but what's a ballad without sad lyrics? It's like "Titanic", you feel sad watching/listening to it but you like it anyway.
12. Get It Over With - 2/10 - Streak of good songs successfully broken. Her voice doesn't fit the lyrics, and the metaphor about "floating in the clouds" doesn't make any sense. The composition is not so bad though.
13. No Love Allowed - 3/10 - The composition is not so good, but the lyrics do make some sense, except for some parts like "911, it's a critical emergency yeah, run run run" that don't really have much to do with dangerous love the rest of the song describes.
14. Lost In Paradise - 8/10 - One of the best tracks in the album. Not a slow ballad, but not really a dance track. Different from anything Rihanna's ever released. Not quite sure how to describe it.… Expand
Jan 29, 2016I've been everywhere, man
Looking for someone
Someone who can please me Love me all night long I've been everywhere, man Looking for you,I've been everywhere, man
Looking for someone
Someone who can please me
Love me all night long
I've been everywhere, man
Looking for you, babe
Looking for you, babe
Searching for you, babe… Expand
|The Beatles [White Album] [50th Anniversary Super Deluxe Edition] - The Beatles|
|Music from Big Pink [50th Anniversary] - The Band|
|Electric Ladyland [50th Anniversary Deluxe Edition] - The Jimi Hendrix Experience|
|Appetite for Destruction: Super Deluxe Edition [Box Set] - Guns N' Roses|
|Room 25 - Noname|
|Imagine: The Ultimate Collection [Box Set] - John Lennon|
|...And Justice for All [30th Anniversary Expanded Edition] - Metallica|
|More Blood, More Tracks: The Bootleg Series, Vol. 14 - Bob Dylan|
|Holy Hell - Architects|
|Both Directions at Once: The Lost Album - John Coltrane|
|Honey - Robyn|
|Safe In The Hands Of Love - Yves Tumor|
|Chris - Christine and the Queens|
|El Mal Querer - Rosalía|
|Joy As an Act of Resistance - Idles|
|I Loved You at Your Darkest - Behemoth|
|Songs for Judy [Live] - Neil Young|
|Cocoon Crush - Objekt|
|Negative Capability - Marianne Faithfull|
|A Brief Inquiry into Online Relationships - The 1975|