5.6

Buy Now
Buy on

Review this album

1. Sep 7, 2014
    I find V to be a very underrated album as all the songs connected with me in one way or another in a relatively new and fresh way, especially if you like Maroon 5 which I do. I think critics attempt to compare every Maroon 5 album with Songs About Jane and that simply can't be done when they've taken such a new direction. Yes, It's disappointing that the band has become so Adam LevineI find V to be a very underrated album as all the songs connected with me in one way or another in a relatively new and fresh way, especially if you like Maroon 5 which I do. I think critics attempt to compare every Maroon 5 album with Songs About Jane and that simply can't be done when they've taken such a new direction. Yes, It's disappointing that the band has become so Adam Levine centred but the crisp and elevated level of the music can't be ignored. Expand
  2. Sep 10, 2014
    I love this album!No matter Maps/My Heart Is Open/Leaving California!But I also think they need more changes,like coldplay~wish best seller!!!The voice in Lost Star is awesome!
  3. Sep 2, 2014
    Awesome album. if you like Maroon 5 you will love this album. They always come out with some new and fresh. The critics say it is not catching tunes, then why do the songs get stuck in my head? Just like Hands All Over, the more I listen to the album the more I like it. I like the retro feel of the album and the honest lyrics. Maroon 5 is just awesome.
  4. Sep 2, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is an overall better album than overexposed. Unkiss me, New love, Sugar and My heart is Open are very good songs. In your pocket , s*x and candy are rather forgettable songs, but that is about it. Overall a very good album. Expand
  5. Sep 2, 2014
    I am surprised at how much I like this album. It's not just good, it's really good. The duet with Gwen written by Sia is stunning. Very impressed with this release!
  6. Nov 16, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. In my opinion, the best tracks include New Love, Unkiss Me, Coming Back For You, In Your Pocket, Animals and Leaving California. The least liked tracks would be Sex And Candy and Sugar.
    Overall, out of 14 tracks..
    10 are very likeable!
    2 are neutral (My Heart Is Open and It Was Always You)
    2 are not so great (Sex And Candy and Sugar)
  7. Jan 25, 2016
    An enjoyable album with songs like Animals and Maps two I really liked it isn't too similar to other work though it isn't phenomenal either though nor is it a dud a pleasant surprise in the end for me.
  8. May 27, 2015
    I love Maroon 5 until now.They really do something new but I think the old Maroon 5 is much better but still their songs still makes me wanna listen due to it's beat and some songs are just catchy as hell. The album is good enough to listen all of their song.
  9. Apr 16, 2015
    Maroon 5 is getting back up. The songs are great with the best catchy lyrics. V is a good album but it feels like it's the same over and over again. I have to give them credit though. Adam Levine worked hard for this one and it went well. But it's not his greatest.
  10. Jul 6, 2016
    Awesome Pop album. Pretty Catchy tunes and Adam is an awesome singer.
    Not their best I will admit, but really awesome

Highlights: This Summer, Maps, It Was Always You, Lost Stars
  11. Jul 5, 2017
    Para resumirlo esto es un overexposed 2.0 aunque cuenta con tonos frescos como feelings o shoot love que le dan su identidad al álbum, pero peca de tener tonos comerciales y dejar de lado la calidad que ofrecía la banda en sus inicios, sin embargo V es el mejor álbum discográfico hasta la actualidad de la banda, que cada pista te muestra una sensación diferente y te ofrece el mismoPara resumirlo esto es un overexposed 2.0 aunque cuenta con tonos frescos como feelings o shoot love que le dan su identidad al álbum, pero peca de tener tonos comerciales y dejar de lado la calidad que ofrecía la banda en sus inicios, sin embargo V es el mejor álbum discográfico hasta la actualidad de la banda, que cada pista te muestra una sensación diferente y te ofrece el mismo torbellino emocional que por suerte no deja de lado. Expand
  12. Jun 21, 2021
    My third favourite Maroon 5 album, and it doesn't mean anything bad, it just means they have alot of amaizing albums. People complains about yet again by not bringing back the classic rock, instead blending rock and pop together to actually make some relevant songs, and they DID.
    Animals is just my favourite out of the album, super catchy, dancy song with lyrics I laughed at the first time i heard it. Obviously Maps is another masterpiece, followed by Shoot love and It was always you. Other honorable songs are Feelings, This summer, Leaving california, Sugar, Coming back for you, Lost stars, In your pocket. The songs that didnt get mention are NOT bad at all, they are just not my favourites
  13. Nov 24, 2021
    Another album full of great singles, Maroon 5 knows how to make great songs
  14. Nov 25, 2021
    Another great mainstream pop album by Maroon 5, Adam Levine's voice is amazing
  15. Nov 25, 2021
    Another amazing record by Maroon 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mixed or average reviews - based on 12 Critic Reviews

1. Sep 8, 2014
    Sometimes, the group achieves a delicate balance between the two extremes--"It Was Always You," "New Love," and the aforementioned "Feelings"--but the best moments on V are when Maroon 5 embrace the tuneful, slightly soulful adult contemporary pop band they've always been.
  2. Nearly every song on this record is misogynistic in some regard, from the obvious predatory ramblings of “Animals” to the Robin Thicke-level douchebaggery of “Feelings.”
    V is like a peppy new Nissan Altima: It won’t give you too many problems; it won’t attract stares; it probably won’t get stolen. Its parts are reliable, though none have the pulse of “Moves Like Jagger,” the 2011 hit that gave this group new life.