• Record Label: Columbia
  • Release Date: Jun 26, 2020
8.7

Review this album

1. Jun 27, 2020
    From subtle confessions to vulnerability reveals, HAIM constantly delivered with such a rockstar attitude.
  2. Jun 29, 2020
    The sisters return with a mature record where indie rock, folk, pop and more experimental moments coexist in harmony. They rescue, the essence of the predecessors albums, however, allow themselves to advance creatively, moving between genres and different possibilities within the studio. Songs that evoke the work of veterans like Fleetwood Mac and Sheryl Crow, however, find in themes likeThe sisters return with a mature record where indie rock, folk, pop and more experimental moments coexist in harmony. They rescue, the essence of the predecessors albums, however, allow themselves to advance creatively, moving between genres and different possibilities within the studio. Songs that evoke the work of veterans like Fleetwood Mac and Sheryl Crow, however, find in themes like depression and isolation a component of the Californian trio. Expand
  3. Jun 26, 2020
    Hands down their best project yet. While there are some stand out songs, ever track feels very needed. It’s a beautiful, personal album.
  4. Jun 26, 2020
    Just proof that females do rock better than the guys. Brilliant album, they've set the bar in the stars.
  5. Jun 26, 2020
    Haim have created their best work yet with Women In Music Pt lll. Album of the year!
  6. Jun 26, 2020
    sooo good, their best album!!!! just want to walk around outside HAIM style while listening to this all day you feel me
  7. Jun 26, 2020
    So much better than the last album but "borrowing" so much from Joni Mitchell and Sheryl Crow has begun to bother my appreciation. Still too much effect on the voice as well. Definitely better than the last one and some good songs for the background but I find myself drawn to listening to the originals. Hoping the next one will be a little more personally inspired rather than idol inspired.
  8. Jun 28, 2020
    Wonderfully West Coast (with heavy hints of Fleetwood Mac), it’s an admirable and enjoyable record, the absolutely brilliant darkwave masterpiece of “I Know Places” easily one of the best songs of the year. The album maintains a dreaminess from beginning to end, even as it flirts with varying influences - the “Red Red Wine” -esque “Another Try” and the Charli XCX-lite “All That EverWonderfully West Coast (with heavy hints of Fleetwood Mac), it’s an admirable and enjoyable record, the absolutely brilliant darkwave masterpiece of “I Know Places” easily one of the best songs of the year. The album maintains a dreaminess from beginning to end, even as it flirts with varying influences - the “Red Red Wine” -esque “Another Try” and the Charli XCX-lite “All That Ever Mattered.” Expand
  9. Jun 26, 2020
    WIMPT.III might be their best album even though I love their debut. It succeeds to be experimental but still keeping that HAIM feeling. It works in so many levels, Danielle sounds amazing and the production is just top notch (kudos to Rostam). 'The Steps', 'FBT','All That Ever Mattered' and '3AM' are my personal favorites. A great album.
  10. Jun 28, 2020
    holy **** i was already impressed with the singles but by the time 'another try' came on i was literally DEAD they did it girls they served us everything and more now i can say that i am a country b**** and im loving the ride
  11. Jun 28, 2020
    Immersive. Haim finds a rhythm to call his own! With great and deep compositions, they do their best. They are not afraid to throw themselves and do what they think should be done.
  12. Jun 27, 2020
    Way better than the last album but short of the original album that turned me into a HAIM fan. It's not a masterpiece and it's not the best album this year but it's a good album from a good band. I like the mix of instrumentals and the production value. Big ups to "Gasoline", "Another Try", "All That Ever Mattered", "Now I'm in it", "Hallelujah" & "Summer Girl".
  13. Jun 26, 2020
    Álbum incrível, um testemunho fiel de crescimento pessoal e profissional. HAIM encontra nos percalços da vida um combustível para a criação do que é o melhor registro do trio. Letras intensas, acordes impecáveis e vocais únicos. Aliás, HAIM é único. Ninguém faz música como essas meninas. De longe um dos melhores álbuns do ano!
  14. Jun 28, 2020
    Despite I've never been there, I must admit that I have a very strong weakness for any song that has the word "California" or "Los Angeles" in it. Thus, imagine how amazingly beautiful the beggining of this album is to me. I really don't know where my admiration for LA comes from. It is a sarcastic, false and plastic city and is mainly ugly but imagine riding a bike on Venice Beach orDespite I've never been there, I must admit that I have a very strong weakness for any song that has the word "California" or "Los Angeles" in it. Thus, imagine how amazingly beautiful the beggining of this album is to me. I really don't know where my admiration for LA comes from. It is a sarcastic, false and plastic city and is mainly ugly but imagine riding a bike on Venice Beach or taking a ride on the Pacific Park rollercoaster and imagining that Hannah Montana will appear soon or early through the entrace to sadly ruin Lily's birthday party even though she didn't mean to.
    Anyway, let's talk about the music. This album has been a revelation to me. I had personally heard about Haim before but I hadn't really listened to their music until now and, honestly I will never regreat the decision to start appreciating their music. "Women in Music, Part III" is an amazing record that feels like having a beer in a vintage musical café while watching the sunset a Saturday night. It has a very Mediterranean utopian sound but the kind of Mediterranean feeling from the other side of the world, you know what I mean? Musically, every song on the record is amazing and its production exquisit. Despite it is a bit too long for modern day music releases and is a bit monotone, "Women in Music, III" feels endless in the nicest way possible. I always acclaim all records that go back to real instruments instead of computer music but hey, I am not a boomer; I don't underestimate digital arrangements, I just enjoy real physical instruments much more. The use of wind instruments emphasising the trumpet really fills my heart so much that I might consider this album the best album of the year. Wait did I say consider? I can reafirm it is! Also, the way the harmonies have been added with this delicacy and precision is so beautiful to hear that I think that my ears are crying out of joy. Lyricaly I don't really understand what they are trying to tell us but it still sounds so damn beautiful it hurts.
    In conclusion, "Women in Music Pt. III" is one of (if not) the best records that has been released this tumultuous 2020. Literally a blessing for those who need a dose of joy and melancholy. The love, attention and kindness that Haim have put in this album in specific is very present in its final result, in this 50-minute bike ride in Venice Beach while the sun penetrates through those high palms and Los Angeles become a little bit more friendly, warm and loving. Pretty, consistent, warm and cohesive, I must admit I have a chrush for this record.
  15. Jun 26, 2020
    Their best album yet. Stand outs include; Don’t Wanna, 3am, and I’ve Been Down. Album has a very Sheryl Crow 90s vibe.
  16. Jun 26, 2020
    a **** masterpiece this is a incredible album wow they served us everything we needed
  17. Jun 27, 2020
    WOMEN IN MUSIC, PT. III es el respiro de la asfixiante y empalagosa "música" mainstream que se necesitaba. Un álbum fresco lleno de personalidad y consistente. Liricas a la par de la producción deslumbrante, cada canción se siente en el lugar adecuado y progresa de acuerdo al álbum avanza. Sin duda, un paso más adelante que su posterior trabajo.

Puntaje 78/100 -CriticoP3 para

Puntaje 78/100

-CriticoP3 para Metacritic.
  18. Jun 26, 2020
    it’s absolutely beautiful. nothing about it is bad. every song and lyric is perfect. queens!!
  19. Jun 26, 2020
    this album means so much to me and the singles alone have gotten me through so much. im so proud of these girls. truly aoty
  20. Jun 26, 2020
    Light and mature at the same time. WIMP III comes with a messier sound but with somehow much clearer messages. I love my sisters!
  21. Jun 26, 2020
    By far the best album they’ve ever released. Going back to their older records you can clearly hear a sense of evolution within both their songwriting and production. Every track has a distinct sound that echoes and crescendos towards the end for a completely euphoric musical experience.
  22. Jun 26, 2020
    So good, definitely their best album so far and my AOTY atm. If this doesn't get at least a nomination for AOTY at the Grammys, I will be shocked.
  23. Jun 26, 2020
    so perfect and precious!!!!!!! such talent, every song is incredible!!!!!!!
  24. Jun 26, 2020
    Pretty consistent and definitely a fulfilling improvement and amount of change. Some of it is a little bland or repetitive but most of it is colorful, catchy, and plentifully emotional and genuine. Another nice surprise was that some of the non-singles were even better than the singles. It wonderfully surpassed my expectations, and I already had a good feeling about it before it came out.
  25. Jun 26, 2020
    Their best album, a big improvement on production and sound, risk to play with new sounds and wins, amazing result! Have a lot of topics that shows the personal and vulnerable part of HAIM, and you can hear their feelings, love it!
  26. Jun 26, 2020
    best haim album yet. it’s the best album of the year yet and it deserves several grammy nominations!!!!
  27. Jun 26, 2020
    so amazing!!! love it so much everything they did is incredible! so sonically perfect
  28. Jun 26, 2020
    It is there best ever album. The lyrics, the sounds, the vibe is HAIM. We are all HAIM!
  29. Jun 26, 2020
    their best album. better than days are gone if it's possible. maybe because it's more polish.
  30. Jun 26, 2020
    HAIM have managed to create an album full of amazing experiments that work so well sonically. This may be their best album yet!
  31. Jun 26, 2020
    wimpiii is just what I tough it would be and more. it sounds like the sisters are pouring their hearts and souls into lyrics and melodies in the most sensitive way possible.
  32. Jun 27, 2020
    Immaculate album with detailed lyrics, cohesive songs, fresh production styles and experimentations.
  33. Jun 27, 2020
    Their best, most personal album. WIMPIII is layered, offering an eclectic mix of tracks that span over multiple genres that ALWAYS hit. Production here has never been better thanks to Danielle taking the producer role here as seriously as she ever has. HAIM has always been a small-crew, and they keep that up here, it’s just as well of an oiled machine as they’ve been yet.
  34. Jun 27, 2020
    It's just unbelievable how this album combines quality and soul and I'm amazed by the wideness of styles HAIM have tried out on it, and all those experiments are more than successful. It came out exactly when we needed it: WIMP3 honey sound really heals pain and fears, embraces love, live and beauty of the world, yet still have a bittersweet vibe in it, and it's euphoric. I would compareIt's just unbelievable how this album combines quality and soul and I'm amazed by the wideness of styles HAIM have tried out on it, and all those experiments are more than successful. It came out exactly when we needed it: WIMP3 honey sound really heals pain and fears, embraces love, live and beauty of the world, yet still have a bittersweet vibe in it, and it's euphoric. I would compare this album to taking a deep breath on a wind, while slowly driving a cozy caravan with friend at the evening to somewhere, when the sky is colored wirh colors from the cover of WIMP3. Every single song from it already has a place in my soul, just like we are friends with Haim sisters, and they have written them exactly for me. LOVE HAIM FROM UKRAINE Expand
  35. Jun 28, 2020
    Its a great álbum with coesion and vou can hear how these girls growing her talents
  36. Jun 29, 2020
    No filler in this review—as well as in this album. Not once have I given Haim a second thought...however, and to pass the time during a 2 hour drive, I began to play this new release; and I liked the first song. Then I liked the second, third, fourth, fifth, and so forth. Minus a very slight hiccup (but still worth of a continued listed) in the song, Man From the Magazine, I cannotNo filler in this review—as well as in this album. Not once have I given Haim a second thought...however, and to pass the time during a 2 hour drive, I began to play this new release; and I liked the first song. Then I liked the second, third, fourth, fifth, and so forth. Minus a very slight hiccup (but still worth of a continued listed) in the song, Man From the Magazine, I cannot remember an album that is such a pleasure to listen to. Not just a few songs, but literally the entire album. Wow! Expand
  37. Jun 30, 2020
    An EXCELLENT haim record. They’ve done it yet again! I've had it on repeat for the last few days and I still can't choose a fave. I cant wait to hear this record live.
  38. Jun 30, 2020
    It's their best album! Lyrics, production and vocals are on point. It was totally worth the wait.
  39. Jul 2, 2020
    É um álbum mediano, o instrumental é um pouco óbio na maior parte do tempo, sem grandes arranjos ousados (não é necessariamente um ponto negativo, mas se torna um problema no conjunto da obra); as irmãs cantam muito bem, não há problemas em mixar a voz desde que se saiba fazer, o que acontece no álbum. É convincente, não é denso e volumoso (uma pena, acho que elas tem capacidade para algoÉ um álbum mediano, o instrumental é um pouco óbio na maior parte do tempo, sem grandes arranjos ousados (não é necessariamente um ponto negativo, mas se torna um problema no conjunto da obra); as irmãs cantam muito bem, não há problemas em mixar a voz desde que se saiba fazer, o que acontece no álbum. É convincente, não é denso e volumoso (uma pena, acho que elas tem capacidade para algo grande) mas é um trabalho bom. Expand
  40. Jun 27, 2020
    Haim's best album so far! They are keeping moving on to explore new fields, blend new styles. Congrats girls!

My cuts: I know alone/Gasoline/3am/Man from a magazine/Now I'm in it/Summer girl (that's a lot xoxo)
  41. Jul 1, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The perfect balance between revealing vulnerability / honest and authentic feelings / and masterful musicianship. Congratulations Este, Danielle and Alana... This has been on high rotation in Melbourne recently. Thank you for sharing the “darker” (more realistic side) of music with your fan base. Absolute perfection. Love, love, love this record and can’t wait to hear you play it Down Under in 2027 when this is all over Expand

Universal acclaim - based on 21 Critic Reviews

1. Jun 30, 2020
    Overall, WIMPEE is an easy album to love, which, more than anything else, shows the trio's natural chemistry as musicians. ... Having chosen to maintain an upbeat, positive outlook to outweigh all the despair does big favors to the band—featuring a sparkling production that fits many, many moods—though it makes one wonder what could've been had they let us in just a little bit more.
    By further broadening their scope of sound, HAIM create a wide window for listeners to find something of resonance within Women in Music Pt. III.
  3. Jun 29, 2020
    Our flaws are what make us more experienced, relatable individuals, so by learning to embrace the power in their weakest points, HAIM have created their best work to date.