Joel Rosenthal is a talented and lucky young actor who knows how to beat the odds. Consider his audition for the FX TV series "The Shield."
- He had never booked a job (commercial, tv, film or stage)
- He did not have a SAG card.
- Per California Labor Laws, a six year old could film double the hours of a five year-old; the potential savings in hiring a six year-old could range beyond the five-figure mark. Joel was only five when he booked the series beating out the industry's then-top six year olds.
- Joel had only studied acting in a commercial workshop (having nothing to do with series acting).
- Joel was only scheduled to work three episodes.
Joel continued through the third season playing the son of Emmy and Golden Globe Award-winning Michael Chiklis.
Nine year-old Joel Rosenthal enjoys gymnastics, soccer, snow skiing and, of course, acting.
Joel Rosenthal's Scores