• Network: NBC
  • Series Premiere Date: Jun 21, 2006
Season #: 14, 13, 12, 11, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1
4.4

1. Oct 10, 2017
    So, Nick Canon gets himself fired for negative comments directed at his meal ticket and social media is full of “get rid of Tyra” rants. She was no Nick Canon, but was far better than Jerry Sprnger. My problem with this show is the rotten judging, primarily from MB and HK. HM seems to be playing things safe while SC seems to be on a mission to improve his image. The judge cuts wereSo, Nick Canon gets himself fired for negative comments directed at his meal ticket and social media is full of “get rid of Tyra” rants. She was no Nick Canon, but was far better than Jerry Sprnger. My problem with this show is the rotten judging, primarily from MB and HK. HM seems to be playing things safe while SC seems to be on a mission to improve his image. The judge cuts were horrendous this year with half of the live show contestants not worth watching. The golden buzzer contestants were primarily female, young, vocalists, with a big voice. This stacked the live shows with way too many singers, and most of the time, the sound mix coming into our homes was so off, one could barely hear the lead vocalist.

The costumes for the women were totally inappropriate for a family show. SC couldn’t be bothered to wear a shirt with a proper collar.

After the live shows started, real judging stopped. The so-called judges were just trying to sell their bad choices at the cuts and failed to call a weak performance what it was.

If this show is to survive the audience needs input earlier in the process. Let us do the cuts before the live shows and you might actually retain the real talent.

If America’s Got Talent, then where are the talented American born judges? I volunteer to be the anonymous fifth judge who will tell you when you are saying yes to a sob story with no talent to back it up.

Speaking of sob stories, when I DVR the show and FF through the sob stories and commercials, the two hour show becomes about thirty minutes. Lose the sob stories and show more performances!!!

There are no critic reviews yet.