• Network: SHOWTIME
  • Series Premiere Date: Nov 10, 2019
7.2

1. Nov 11, 2019
  2. Nov 15, 2019
    Disjointed is the best word I can come up with to describe this show. The quirk was overwhelming, and the funny didn't ever quite land, as many times as they tried. I mean, the story was terrible, things didn't make sense or add up, you don't get sentenced to that amount of time in prison for manslaughter in the UK. I couldn't help but compare this show to the far superior TheDisjointed is the best word I can come up with to describe this show. The quirk was overwhelming, and the funny didn't ever quite land, as many times as they tried. I mean, the story was terrible, things didn't make sense or add up, you don't get sentenced to that amount of time in prison for manslaughter in the UK. I couldn't help but compare this show to the far superior The Unforgiven (UK), and even though it's almost a completely different animal, it paled in comparison. I can't say I'd recommend this Expand
  3. Nov 18, 2019
    Amazing show! Sad, funny, fabulous acting! Absolutely loved it! It’s been compared to fleabag by the press but two completely different shows and as a massive Fleabag fan I have to say I preferred Back to Life. Hope there’s a season 2!!

1. Reviewed by: Matthew Gilbert
    Nov 8, 2019
    “Back to Life” is exactly the kind of little gem — so wisely and commandingly written, so effectively acted, so well-paced — that could easily get lost among the glitzier stuff. That would be a shame.
  2. Reviewed by: John Anderson
    Nov 8, 2019
    “Back to Life,” at least on paper, shouldn’t work at all. But it does. And though matters seem to wrap up tidily with episode 6, a viewer will be hoping there’s more to come.
  3. Reviewed by: Ed Bark
    Nov 8, 2019
    Haggard’s performance (she’s also a co-writer) is a marvel, whether she’s exuding vulnerability or dishing the sass. Used and abused but never quite de-fused, she propels Back to Life to the top tier of this season’s newcomers, with ample help from a crackerjack ensemble.